Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Literate Chat RP Group

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Literate Chat RP Group

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Hey all. I'm throwing an RP group together to RP in the chat here on RPG. We need more literate RPers. We'll be figuring out a time to go IC in chat and RP in the bar, making it a place we can enjoy. Everyday participation would be appreciated, especially if there aren't a lot of people in the group.

Rules are simple:

1) Keep posts up in quality. Good grammar, perfect spelling.

2) Maximum of 3 sentences per post. This is chat, not a forum - we want to allow people to read and respond before we are in the middle of our next action. It helps everyone.

3) As usual, no godmodding. You'll be immediatly kicked from the group. That's the exact opposite of the example we're trying to set.
3a) this means you should try to respond to everyone's actions, no matter how horrible you think they are.

4) Use /msg for OOC unless absolutely necessary. If you post OOC in public, delete it when you're done.

5) Try not to metagame; don't discuss too much storyline with other players. Roleplay your character's personalities, and let the storyline grow naturally. (It's important to have interesting characters for this reason! Character flaws will help storyline emerge faster, as will some sort of history.)

There might be more rules added, but I expect most of the RPers who join to know the simple rules of RP, whether regular to chat RP or otherwise.

If you want to join, post your interest, then post when you're usually on RPG. We'll figure out the schedule from there.
As far as literacy goes, I'll be check your previous posts and etcetera, so it won't be necessary to post an example. If there's something you want to be seen, link it, don't put the whole post here.

Thank you, and I hope we can get a good group up and running.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nykizta
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Literate Chat RP Group

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:04 pm

As discussed in chat I'm down, and we can expect some replies from others as well. Let's do it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lamentations
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odium on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:08 pm

I'll be there, boogying down the walkway, as always.

He's happy now. Or is death the end of the dream? Is it a failure of hope?

Odium
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:17 pm

I'm in as well, as said in the chat. Hopefully more people will flock to this.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Saarai
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:19 pm

/join LiterateRPGroup
Game Master (GM) says: You have joined the channel 'LiterateRPGroup'. There are no visible exits!
at (22:11:01)
(22:12:32) Parabola says: WOOT!
(22:15:34) Parabola says: So yeah, I'm in. And I'm totally not overdoing it with the formatting.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:03 pm

Ooh, I don't frequent the chat very often at the moment, mostly because of my horrendous lack of internet within my student house but when I do wander into Gambit's Bar, I would like for it to be... well, roleplaying. I'd be totally up for supporting and being a part of this group.

If we're planning on creating backstories and plotlines for this, perhaps we should decide a certain world or time that all the characters are from so that we all have something in common? I had a horrendous time once in a LARP system that meant you could be from anywhere. It was really fun seeing people come up with awesome ideas, but the roleplay was awful as we had nothing to talk about!

Just putting that out there!

Edit: I live in England and am on around 9 - 11pm over here, for reference.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Imehal
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CHain_Way on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:37 pm

I would definately be in on this, detailed chat roleplays are great and hard to find so... Like I said; I'd be all for this group.
Orsa of Terminus

CHain_Way
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SousaTuba on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Oh wow, this group would be amazing. I'm all for it.

SousaTuba
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:04 pm

I'm all for. Although you WILL see me godmoding with Cashala. 'sall good, we're pretty much intentionally doing it and it's nly with eachother. QB more or less decided to ignore it, sooo.

KilroyWasHere
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Think I'll participate by doing some form of prose. Write it as though it were a poem or some series of haiku's. Just to be different. <_<

Matthias
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Don't need a group to be literate. But it'll be good to see lots of good RP happening at once.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tawanos on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:34 pm

I may be rather new to RPGateway, but I have always appreciated literate role play. I would like to join this group. I am usually online after work usually around eight or nine PM Eastern Standard Time. However I do have other obligations which may interfere with that schedule from time to time but I'm sure everyone can understand that real life often gets in the way of one's desired pass times.
I Wish I may, I wish I might.
Have this wish I wish tonight.
I want that Star I want it Now.
I want it all, I don't care How!

Tawanos
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chat Noir on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 am

I have to admit, I never chat. But chatting with literate players would be nice I suppose, so count me in.
Image -Girls are not complicated. Seriously, how hard is it to say 'you're pretty' and give us chocolate?

-Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were catholic...

-I will kill you until you DIE from it!

Chat Noir
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:32 am

Heck yeah, I'm all for it.
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Porecomesis on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:40 am

I really wanna join, but I'm not goot at keeping track of international times. However, I'm normally on from 1:00 to 3:00 PM and 7:00 and 8:00 PM on Saturdays and Sundays, and 4:00 to 5:00 PM on school days.

My RP interests are sci-fi. Mainly because I don't like details being up to interpretation, and that it also normally rules out suspension of disbelief. However, I do not like powered exoskeletons or war RPs. I also like variety in combat, but war is pretty much what the combat in sci-fi would be, provided the future doesn't contract a buzz for Marvel or DC powers. This is why I normally stick to fantasy RPs.

I guess my favourite types of RPs are fantasies that have very intuitive (instinctively understandable) concepts that rule out SoD like a rolled-up newspaper to a blowfly. In addition, I like the RP itself to be very original, like say, it has an old man with a top hat covering his burgundy hair styled in dreadlocks and ducktails and a moustache that spells the current date, all the while riding a stick insect with fins for wings and battleaxes for feet while wielding a shoulder-mounted missile launcher that uses time-travel technology to shoot ankylosauruses that spit out fast-spinning shurikens. ...okay, not to that degree, but you know what I'm talking about.

This post was posted at 8:40 PM on the 23rd of Thursday. I am currently in Geelong, Victoria in Australia.

Porecomesis
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redd on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:13 am

Aye, this seems promising. I seems to be on almost all the bloody time, since my ' life ' has slowed down a bit. Uhm, chat doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment though, keeps freezing and having to restart. Doesn't seem to load though, must have been something that Rem was working on, having problems with browsers or something. or it could just very well be some server errors. Either way, yeah, I'd like to RP in chat with some literate people.

Now, with that being said, all hail Shinigami-sama.
And so with winning the fight and everything over, Deadpool began to dance. Image

Redd
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lythiaum on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:12 pm

I am down for this Clan. Not a Very experienced T1 Fighter, but I can catch along and learn as I go. So yeah, I am down.

Lythiaum
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pandar on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Oh, this sounds fun.
I'm in.
Though I'm not sure how active I can be with school and all, but it's worth a shot. :3
I'm especially good at doing Realistic and Anime/Manga Roleplays, but I don't mind expanding my horizons.
As long as it's interesting.

You can usually catch me on during Holidays, Weekends, Breaks, ect.
But not much during the weekdays.
Don't take life too seriously,no one makes it out alive anyway.
ImageImage

Pandar
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aderas on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Got room for a now-and-again member?

Aderas
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redd on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm pretty sure we can use all the members we can gather. I don't know if you've noticed, but the usual IC chat is just, horrible.

Redd
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!