Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Literate partner search!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Literate partner search!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Hello fellow role-players!

I am looking for a dedicated partner who is willing to collaborate and add to whatever idea we are working on. I am a friendly person so I do like to chat a bit with my partner as we are role-playing and develop our characters. I ask that if you get bored with the idea or whatever is going on in the rp, please tell me so we can change it up and do something new. I will do the same for you so we don’t waste our time and end up with a case of avoidance. Also let me know if you won’t be able to respond for a while so that I am not worrying that you have left the rp for good. I also like to poke my partner if they haven’t responded in a while and I appreciate pokes to! Sometimes they help me pick up the rp. It shows me you are still interested to.

Now for some general rules (some reiterated from above):

• No one-liners please! I understand writer’s block, but one sentence… it is just not that fun to respond to.
• Please develop the story with me. I like to center on character development!
• Treat me the way you want to be treated.
• Let me know when you won’t be able to respond for while!
• If we have been posting back and forth and you are going to bed, let me know!
• Tell me if you get bored of the current plot!
• Post at least a paragraph (preferably more if not in a yahoo rp)

I will role-play via thread and pm. You don’t have to respond every day, but I hope to have a post at least every couple of days. I understand life gets in the way.

As for role-plays…

I am a very open and am willing to try out most things. With that said, you might have to convince me a bit more when it comes to horror and cow-boys. I am generally not a fan of those. I am also open to fan-fiction type of role-plays but prefer to use cannons. I don’t like using the actual characters. I also generally like to do male homosexual pairings but I will do straight pairings. I play both male and female characters.

Things I will not do:
• Twilight. I know I will get some haters, but I do not like Twilight so please don’t ask me about a Twilight rp.
• Gore ideas like Saw.
• Female-female pairings. I don’t mind it, but I can’t play it, sorry.

I generally play…
• Fantasy – high and mild forms
o Looooove stories with vampires, werewolves, sirens, spiders (race I created), and a bunch of other things we come up with. Sometimes I add them to science fiction role-plays)
• Science fiction
• Speculative fiction
• Slice of life
• Forbidden love
• Drama
• Mythology
• Things that you propose to me :3

Plot Ideas:

• Because of all my courses, my ideas have dwindled to a hardly flowing stream so I don’t have many ideas to propose to you. Below I’ll just post some pairings that might help us generate a plot line. I am willing to work with you however! If you actually read this, type: Bearded Dragon somewhere in your message :3 (Things that have *** are things I really have the urge to do. Don’t be afraid to ask!)

Pairings:
Human – fantasy/science fiction creature
Hunter – fantasy/science fiction creature
science fiction creature - science fiction creature
Scientist – creation
Forbidden love
Transgender plot *****
Two-spirit plot *****
Werewolf-werewolf
Animal rps

If you are interested, please let me know!
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Literate {one x one} partner search!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Bearded Dragon. I am interested in starting up a 1x1 though I have to say I'm new to this website (I have role played on different websites for little over eleven years now.) I'm not going to say I don't make typing mistakes because I do, but I can try my hardest to make sure they are very few. I usually type stuff up in a word document first to make sure I have no spelling or grammar mistakes. So, like I said I am interested and would like to know a little bit about the Two-Spirit plot you have in mind (or what we can come up with if there's not an idea yet.) I am very big on character development and plot development.

I cannot PM yet but I do have an Email if you would like to have that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:45 pm

I can't pm yet either lol. Yay! Two newbies striking up an rp. :3 Okay so two-spirits are an idea I got from reading Navajo literature. I am not sure how familiar you are with the idea so I don't know how much detail I should go into about what two-spirits are. Basically, I was thinking of doing a Native American rp that utilizes the concept. Because I know that I am not an expert on the Navajo two-spirit, I want to make my own Native American tribe that utilizes some of the Navajo concept and then some of our own. The plot I was thinking is we start out just living a normal life to get familiar with the Native American tribe and then have them forced to conform to our modern views and what not. Please add and take away anything! I am eager to hear your thoughts.

FaddedFox
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Yay, already something we have in common. I can get a bit gabby so please stop me if I ramble on.

I'm actually quite knowledgeable in Two-Spirits identity and most Native American/Indigenous literature/studies. Actually, I am two fourths Native American (Osage mostly, though I do have a very tiny bit of Navajo in me on my mothers side.) I figured it would have to do with Native Americans so that's why I wanted to see what you had in mind. I'm liking the idea and thinking we should set it more towards the mid to late 21st century (so either this year or a few back)

Having our own tribe could be very interesting, and mixing in what we both know should be fairly easy. Just wondering however if our characters themselves would be two-spirits and what you would like to do with the idea that they are. I'm comfortable playing any kind of character at all and have played a number of Trans characters that identify as the opposite gender. However if we have any romance elements it would be best done in a way that our characters don't identify as the same gender (its ok if they do but its known that most male-bodied two-spirits call each other 'sisters' and vice versa with female-bodied. ) of course we can also make our own rules.

I would love to do something similar to our characters being observers of the tribe before expressing and pushing views into them. We could also play a number of characters to keep things interesting and fresh while having main ones.

Tell me what you think so far of what I've got here.

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Sounds awesome :3 I consider this a bit of a learning experience for me since I have read a bit about two-spirits and have never really played one or played a transgender. Figure the best way is to dive into a character like that lol. So I was thinking that we have a small village, one of the characters is a male two-spirit and probably best friends with another male character. I am thinking as they get older, they get closer, the male character ends up take the two-spirit as his first wife or maybe one of his wives (we can decide how many wives later). Then just playing out their relationship a bit before everything changes around them. I was thinking the 21st century as well. If we don't want both characters to be Native American, we can also have a male character come into the tribe and learn the ways, take a two-spirit as a bride and then bring her to the wherever he was from originally.

FaddedFox
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Gotta log off pretty soon.

I like the ideas, but the first one has piqued my interest the most. Especially since its a way to develop a relationship over a course of time without having it come into play immediately. The second could be interesting in terms of controversy from the modern world and Coming to terms with attraction. If we go with that one we could expand quite a bit on it by throwing in family interference and general views of non-natives as well as the views natives would have on one of their own being taken as a bride to a non-native wether that native is accepted and integrated or not. Wow, the more I type the more I'm likibg the second idea, haha. I'm thinking this will be through threads since its probably going to be very detailed.

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:17 pm

lol XD see? That is why I like talking to people. I was so thinking about the social aspect between the different views and families and stuff. So, since you said you like idea two more, I vote idea 2! Now comes the question of who plays who. Which character do you want to play most?

(How many posts do you need before you can pm? I prefer planning through pm so this thread is open.)

FaddedFox
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:24 pm

(Ten I believe.)

I'm good playing either. If you want to try out the two-spirit that's fine with me or if you would be more comfortable with the non-native we could go with that. I wanna make sure you have as much say as I do and since i'm comfortable in both ill leave that up to you.

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:26 pm

My PM systems open now so yours should also be.

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiffers on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:58 am

Look at me, clogging up your posts with utter nonsense so that I might be able to PM you. xD Also, Bearded Dragon. :3
But I NEED tacos! I need them or I will explode... that happens to me sometimes.

Kiffers
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiffers on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:05 am

Look! Look! Do you see my clogginess Fox. DO YOU?!?!?!?!

Kiffers
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiffers on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:08 am

Once again, I am so cloggy! :D

Kiffers
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiffers on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:17 am

o________________________e;; Here I am, taking up your space. -Le gasp!- I am a muffin!!!

Kiffers
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiffers on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:20 am

This is taking a very long time. ;-;

Kiffers
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Hey FaddedFox,

I'm please to see you hopping right in. When you have a moment, please read through the Need To Know About Interest Checks.

I've edited your post to fit with the requirements.

- Modesty,
RoleplayGateway Global Moderator

Modesty
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Literate partner search!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:55 am

I am interested in roleplaying with you

nephora
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Still looking for a few more people!

FaddedFox
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:39 am

So am I! (haha, stealing a spot for requests!)

Hiiii Fox. *glomps* my buddy!
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

stealthpanther
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:58 am

lol hey panther. ^.~ Thanks for the bump

FaddedFox
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:24 am

^-^ wheeeee! such an awesome rp buddy you are

stealthpanther
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!