litter

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

litter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:41 pm

Well my friends, A funny thing happened to me a few minutes ago. I was placing the hose into our pool to fill it up when I heard some funny sounds just off to my right. I tossed the hose in and looked towards the sound, only to nearly jump out of my skin and flee the fenced in pool yard. A skunk had been walking towards me with a plastic cup caught around it's head. After I retreated to the porch, I watched the poor creature waddle around and slip out of a slightly ajar gate.

My mum came out then, camera in hand and told me to get pictures. So I crept up on the skunk, as it was digging by the shed and was able to get a few pics. After I took a few, the poor bugger managed to get under the shed and remains there, as far as I know. I really would have like to have help the skunk but I'll give you three guesses to what would have happened to me if I had grabbed the skunk or the cup.

Man I hate litterbugs

Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: litter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:56 pm

That is disgraceful, that Skunk could be dead by now...People don't care what happens if the drop trash. The Rspca or whatever they have there probably would have come and got it...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Keeley
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:04 pm

You could call animal control, if you want to help him. They don't just get rid of harmful animals, I'm sure they would help this guy out.

Still, litter is high on the list of low stoops. Is it THAT HARD to throw something away?
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:05 pm

aww poor little skunk. It's actually kind of funny-looking, but yea if that doesn't come off the skunk could die. :(
Her fingertips, outstretched, sketched a farewell,
Her eyes, downcast, asked when I would return.
And I replied, "What traveler went forth
Who knew the fate God had in store for him?"

-Unattributed, quoted in al-Abshihi (d. 1446), Al-mustatraf

Saint Michel
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:12 pm

I'll give animal control a call but I don't know if the skunk is still around. It either went down into the old groundhog burrow and is sleeping or moved on (could have died too). If it's still under the shed (in the burrow) then their is no way, short of moving the shed and digging of getting it it.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:37 pm

I hope it died. I hate skunks. :(

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Gabriel_Whist wrote:I hope it died. I hate skunks. :(

:\ there are so many things I wish for you right now that go against the friendly policy of this website.

OP, you should have removed the cup and walked away, called animal control, or called someone else for help. In my opinion, the threat of some stink doesn't compare to the threat of an animal dying because of human indecency (littering/neglect.) There's not enough air flow in that cup, it's constricting its neck, and it's only getting hotter and hotter inside the plastic.

Litterbugs make me want to puke.
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Well, I did call animal control and the local guy (who happens to be an old boss of mine) couldn't find the skunk. He also happens to be head of the maintenance department at the middle school behind my house, so he'll be keeping an eye out for it.

as for the stink part, I like being allowed back into my house and I'm looking for a new job at the moment, so I kinda need to smell good. Lame excuse but I have college debts to pay off.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:59 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:Well, I did call animal control and the local guy (who happens to be an old boss of mine) couldn't find the skunk. He also happens to be head of the maintenance department at the middle school behind my house, so he'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Hopefully they find it eventually. Erm. Alive, that is.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:36 am

I hope you die. I hate you. I hope you get a big plastic bottle stuck on your head that some prick threw out of his truck so you can dig under a shed and suffocate to death.

As for the skunk, the poor thing. I hope something worked out. We've gotten strict litter laws around here , and I'm sure it's partly because of people calling and complaining about just this sort of thing. =/
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athias on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:07 am

Angel_Melfina wrote:

I hope you die. I hate you. I hope you get a big plastic bottle stuck on your head that some prick threw out of his truck so you can dig under a shed and suffocate to death.

I'm... I'm scared now :shock:

Anyways, that is quite a shame, skunks are cool creatures (save for the whole stink sack things), and it's sad to think of this one's inevitable fate. This kind of reminds me of that bear that got a jar stuck on it's head...
"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe." - Neil Gaiman

Athias
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:26 am

Gabe dearie... Knock it off. Honestly, the monthly comments get old pretty damn fast.

As for the animal I truely feel sorry for it. Irish, all ya had to do was watch for it's ass since that is were the glands are. XD Next time call the animal control instead of taking pictures. =/
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:33 am

as stated before, Animal Control was called, the skunk wasn't around our house when the local guy got there.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!