Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Lockdown at Cordova

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Lockdown at Cordova

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vega on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:03 pm

"HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY F-" The apprehensive voice was elevated, and cracking as though it belonged to a twelve year old boy. However, Jake Vega had been around Chris Handerson long enough to know how his voice sounded when he was in trouble. It was as though the words "Holy shit" were a fuel that made him sprint faster and for longer periods of time. Always the same two words, always the same volume. Even when they had to run from those cops back in sophomore year- the two were carrying enough to go down for both possession and intent- the same two words. Jake assumed that Chris had been caught with his latest fling, that antisocial Raven chick. Maybe he had been the one who pulled the fire alarm, but he doubted it, as pulling the fire alarm was a juvenile thing that only a freshman would attempt. However, it did allow him more time to smoke in the bathroom, an activity which Jake wishes the teachers would grade him on as the marks would be quite high.

Jake sighed and dropped the cigarette in the toilet as the administration was not likely far behind. Before he could make another move, the chain of profanity was shattered and replaced with gut wrenching screams and the most unholy sound Jake Vega had ever heard in his entire life. Time froze, the world around him tainted with gray and the air around him muffled by silence. Save for the breathing. It reminded the lathe and lanky punk kid of those times when he had to sit right in front of a kid with congestion while taking a test, that sort of forced breathing through clogged nasal passages. The silence made it more acute. More intense. His eyes remained fixed on the lock of the bathroom. He dared not shift- lucky for Jake his knees were tucked against his chest before Chris had come into the bathroom- and focused only on the door to his bathroom stall. He did not want to see what had just devoured his friend alive. The breathing lingered, becoming louder and louder and louder, closer and closer and closer; the walls of his stall- his coffin- did the same.

Then, he heard voices outside, and the thing snapped his attention away from Jake to meet them. The noises occurred again and again Jake was helpless to stop them. The color turned back to normal, the presence had lifted and Jake knew it was safe to exit his stall. He reached into the pockets of his cut off jean shorts and lifted the pack of lucky strikes to his mouth where he tapped the bottom of the soft pack and grabbed another coffin nail with his lips, lighting it after several adrenaline backed tries. He did not waste the energy to grab the switch blade in his pocket. He knew it would be useless.

He closed his eyes and took a long drag before opening the bathroom door. Though the smell of raw meat overwhelmed his senses he dared not look down on the body of his diseased friend but instead looked at himself in the mirror, if only for a brief moment. The gaze produced by his sky blue eyes was met by another- the gaze of a teenager who wore a N.W.A T-shirt, old cutoff jeans with close cropped red hair, the gaze of a teenager who had seen much due to where he came from and the illegal activities he had partaken in, the gaze of a teenager who knew that none of his experiences would matter if he could not get everything together and think calmly and rationally.

Another pull and more nicotine poured into his lungs. His gaze level with the wall he made his way out into the unknown, almost slipping on the blood of the innocent. He turned left and decided to head for the exit of the school.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vega
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:56 am

][OOC: Welcome Ralana and Vega. Everyone else… POST!][

The strange boy was rather calm, standing in the middle of the kitchen with a can of beans. If it had been a normal day, the teacher would have been screaming at him for touching things that didn’t belong to him. It wasn’t a normal day and the teacher was probably lying in a puddle of blood and intestines and wouldn’t say anything ever again. Pushing out the morbid thoughts, Gabrielle tuned back into the boy as he spoke calmly.

”What, no, of course not, don’t be silly. Why, are you?”

The thought that he thought she was a killer seemed rather absurd considering the group of students and teacher’s huddled in the entrance. Shaking her head while moving out of the way to allow the rest to enter the temporary safe haven, Skye glanced momentarily at the others. Fear leaked from the majority of the students, but luckily they had stopped screaming. Arching a slender brow, Gabby started looking around the kitchen drawers for anything that could be used as a weapon, finally deciding to answer the boy’s question.

“If I were the killer, do you really think these sniveling students would still be alive? Of course I’m not. Where’s the teacher that teaches in here?”

Glancing over her shoulder towards the boy, Gabrielle wrinkled her nose before returning to her search. Apparently she had found the drawer with all the potholders because multi-colored things were all shoved on top of each other. Closing the drawer, the senior moved over to the next one, pulling it out only to find measuring cups. Slamming it closed, she stepped to the side, opening yet another drawer, which so happened to be the utensil drawer. Forks and butter knives could be used, but they really wouldn’t do much good. It was five drawers later that she finally found a large butcher knife and some smaller knives. Claiming the butcher knife for herself, she sat down on the countertop, trying to think where else weapons could be.

“Alright people… fan out and find a weapon. We also need to think where more weapons could be and perhaps do sweeps to find more students… there have to be more. Also, we should start thinking of ways to blow this Popsicle stand while we still breathe and have our intestines, ‘kay?! Good.”

Gripping the butcher knife in her right hand, Gabrielle remained sitting on the countertop, waiting for others to suggest something. She personally was thinking about ways to escape the school since all the doors and windows to the exits had disappeared. Luckily the doors to the classrooms and other places inside the building worked or they would seriously be up a creek with out a paddle. There was also the problem of the killer… how would they kill it when the time came? Obviously a single butcher knife wasn’t going to do the trick. Hell, no one even knew what the damn thing was. Life definitely sucked.
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka_Tenou on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:01 am

Raven~

This was fun.

There were a bunch of sniveling kids, a killer and hardly any weapons. The butter knives were very unlikely to cause any damage. I felt the sigh escape me even as Skye grabbed the butcher knife. Leave it to her to find something worthwhile. My palm moved over the steak knives and the one cleaver as a frown settled upon my features. The cleaver was nice looking but it wouldn’t be much good in a real fight. The steak knives wouldn’t be much good either. My palm gripped the knives taking one of them. It would hardly do any good but it was better than nothing.

I glanced around as a few of the other’s who weren’t in panic mode grabbed some of the knives as well. One boy picked up a pan and swept it through the air. The soft swish as it passed made him smile. It was nice to see someone with an imagination but I had my doubts that bludgeoning the murderer would do any good. I had my doubts that anything would do much good.

Maybe fire. Of course that could have been the pyromaniac in me speaking. My lips twitched on the left side as I moved settling against the cabinet closest to Skye. I shifted slightly as she allowed her voice to come softly.

“Skye...These kids don’t stand a chance with what we have weapons wise. We need something more substantial.”

Skye played with the butcher knife for a moment moving it back and forth in her palms as her voice came softly in return. “I know… What do you suggest?”

“I’m not sure babe… All I know is that we have got to figure out how to get out of this mess before more of these kids end up as a pile of guts on the floor.” A heavy sigh escaped my slightly parted lips as I slid the little knife into the plastic on the outside of my binder. I didn’t mind the small hole where the handle stuck out. It was better than placing it in a pocket and ending up with a hole through my flesh.

“No kidding. I thought we could just give the killer one kid at a time to spare us…” Skye’s voice dripped with sarcasm. I rolled my eyes. It was obvious that the other girl had no ideas and I was no better. It was an insanity that allowed us to even think we would be able to get out of the school in one piece. My mind flashed with the image once more of the pile of remains and I sent up a silent prayer…Please Goddess, Let me survive this.”

Haruka_Tenou
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Concierge Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Cigarette in mouth, John ran, feet pounding beneath him. He rounded a corner, sliding across the floor. Pausing he scanned the hallway behind him, and saw nothing. He turned and ran towards the nearest door. He grabbed the handle, only to find it locked. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his keychain, which held the school's master key. Sliding it into the keyhole, he turned and dragged the door open.

He leapt forward, only to trip over what felt like a mop. He flipped a light switch and found himself inside a janitor's closet. He quickly closed the door behind him and looked around. A veritable gold mine of powertools and possible weapons. But his gaze hit the wall, and he slumped to the ground. Tears forming. A shaky hand reached up and grabbed the cigarette in his mouth. He pulled it out and let his head hit the wall behind him. The tears spilled to the floor, forming small pools beside him. Sobs racked his body, shaking his hands and clenching his stomach. He turned onto his side and vomited, the bile spilling out of his mouth and onto the floor.

He really didn't understand what had happened. It went so fast. Something had moved, the lights had gone out, and John had bolted. Out the door as fast as possible, the fireaxe left behind him. Now he was here, crying and retching in a janitor's closet, while huddled up against a wall. His face set then, his jaw moving firm and his eyes hardening. He stood, looking around at the workbenches before him. He grabbed a toolbelt and wrapped it around his waist. He slipped various tools in there then; a hammer, a wrench, some screwdrivers, a nailgun, and a blowtorch, for getting out of this damned school. Then he reached down and grabbed a sledgehammer, hefting it up. He turned and opened the door, stepping out into the hallway. He had lost his business jacket, and now wore a simple white shirt with a red and white striped tie, over beige cotton dockers. He moved forward, crouched low and headed through the hallways.

When he came upon the slaughter he turned and vomited again, spilling the contents of his stomach all over the floor, to mix with the blood. He coughed, then, holding the massive hammer in one hand, wiped his mouth with the other. He moved past and ran, until he came to a door. He kicked it open and looked around inside; cooking class. He saw a bunch of students gathered around here, along with a couple of teachers. He moved forward, until he came alongside the new teacher, what was his name again? Jack? Zack? It didn't matter now, he supposed.

"So," he began, leaning towards the poetry teacher, then said, "do we know what the fuck's going on here yet?" He was an amusing figure; a former mild-mannered English teacher with a toolbelt filled with makeshift weapons, a sledgehammer in one hand, a burning cigarette in his mouth, and stubble dotting his chin. He smiled, the sight twisted, demented even, and looked over at the assembled people.

They're all going to die...
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghosting on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:27 am

Kali turned to see the English teacher burst through the door of the cooking labs, she was a teacher, yes, but now her presence and authority seemed to be undermined by him. She had always felt like that with other teachers, many thinking art to be an easy subject to teach. With a brisk, timid smile she pushed her self to the front of the huddled student group, their stares focused on the sledge hammer and tool belt the English teacher bore.

“No better idea than you seem to have John” she commented eyeing the tool belt he had put on wondering whether or not he was going to try and break out. With another smile she looked towards him, a small blush coming over her face as she started to feel even more awkward and out of place. “Have you seen any other students?” she questioned clutching her black book tightly as she tried to regain some sort of authority that she thought she lost, her paranoia coming back to her as wafts of John’s cigarette reached her nostrils.

Ghosting
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vega on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:26 pm

Jake quickly discerned three things.

1) Someone, something, whatever, was killing people, and it was not clean.

2)All the exits were sealed off, all the windows barred.

3) The vast majority of the survivors were lower class men who could not even begin to keep their cool, thus contributing to a feeling of pure chaos throughout the school.

The boy needed to find someone he knew, a class mate. Anyone. But where would these students be?

Either the Cafeteria, the Library, or the commons hall. The acoustics of the school carried everything, and the boy was easily able to discern voices coming from the kitchen. He turned on his heels and walked there, taking strong, deliberate drags from his now unfiltered cigarette. Just stay cool Jakob. Like the Fonz. Everything will be O.K.

He knew he was lying to himself.

Vega
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:21 am

((OOC: omfug you have no idea how sorry I am. I'm back.))

Richard stood dumbfounded as he watched Mr. Emery leave the classroom. He snapped himself back to reality and glanced again the the two quivering girls hiding under the table. He sighed, they were dead if they stayed but he wasn't going to waste any time trying to convince them to get out. He looked around again for a better weapons and sighted the chemical closet. He smiled to himself as the took out his pocket-knife, an item he always carried, and jimmied the lock. The cabinet sprung open on smooth hinges and he peered at the contents. His eyes finally came to rest on a large bottle of hydrochloric acid, a powder pack of iron oxide and a roll of aluminum. He almost laughed. The second two would produce thermite if he could find a lighter. He grabbed his backpack, emptied the contents on the floor, leaving only a calculator, a pen and some paper and stuffed the aluminum roll into the large pocket and the iron oxide packet into an outer one. He grabbed the bottle of acid and clipped it to a clip attached to a strap. Richard stuck his pocket-knife back in it's place then went up to one of the girls, "Either of you have a lighter?" The blank stares they gave him answered the question.

Richard rolled his eyes and moved towards the door, "I'm going to the cafeteria to find help, stay or come, I don't really care." He glanced once more at Jonathan and the girls then stepped out into the hallway apprehensively, his eyes scanning up and down its length. Satisfied he wasn't goign to be eviscerated by entering, he sprinted down the hall in the direction of the cafeteria, passing empty and bloody classrooms along the way.

Azmodai2
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:58 am

][OOC: As of right now, I'm putting this on hold. The killer can't do it right now and a lot of my members have disappeared and I'm not really feeling it right now. I'll start it up again at a later date.

^_^][

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.