Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

En Lome: The Kingdom of Shadows (Interest Check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

En Lome: The Kingdom of Shadows (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialCuttlefish on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Well with that original name out of the way.

En Lome

A queen looks on from the window of her carriage. Her heart grows heavy as she looks upon her country; her people are wilting away to nothing and in her soul she knows the blame is hers.

Her country is small, an insignificant little thing by the name of En Lome, In Shadow. A fitting name, one would think, for a country living in the particular shadow of a mountain range known as the Neverending Peaks. Enclosed in the North and East by the guarding barrier of a mountain range and to the South and West by great expanses of coastal ridges, En Lome is, at a glance, perfectly protected. The country enjoys fertile soil, a busy port city, an arcane academy bustling with students, a number of busy villages, and a beautiful capital city and yet the country is falling. The descent has been a feather fall, hardly noticeable, but there. It has come to the point where the Queen can no longer ignore the danger; she and her king have no son to take the throne on their death and their only surviving daughter finds the idea of a political marriage distasteful at best. With the growing threat of Ashnaes Empira brewing North of the Peaks and calls for the Princess to marry one of the Aldorei province princes growing louder by the day, the once great queen is doubtful at best.

I hope that served to catch your attention. For a number of days now, I've been working on laying down some information about a world that has been dwelling in my mind for a long time. This information is probably incomplete, and maybe not the most intensely interesting, but I think I've done my part and will now after a brief message put it in the hands of you, dear reader, to do as you please.

The first thing that should be noted is that the information I will present to you is by no means complete, I think. There are only three countries of the realm mentioned, very little story put forth, and only a brief description of characters. However, I figured this would be best for encouraging world growth. :33 There's a lot to read, I think, so I hope you will find yourself interested enough to read to the end!

|||Countries|||

||En Lome||
-In Shadow-
The most diversely populated country, featuring all species in varying amounts and our setting. Follows a feudal system, but the Writs of Protection are in place; a series of guidelines that keep the serfs in a relatively comfortable position.

|Lyvelune|
-Capital City-
Named for Lyvellen
A city of humble taverns and grand churches. It stands as a great symbol of the country; it is not austentatious or terribly ornate but it is beautiful and oddly peaceful for such a central point.

|Maslona|
-Largest Port City-
Based out of the lowest point on the country's coast, Maslona is the singular obvious striking point in the kingdom. While it is a weak point, the kingdom is of course aware and has taken measures to protect the area.

|Troumora|
-Institute of Magi-
One of the central draws of the country, the Institute is an establishment of learning and experimentation. It is situated where the mountains and the coast meet, in a precariously devised perch on top of the world, as it would seem. No one but the magi really know what occurs here.

||Ashnaes Empira||
-Empire of Ashe-
Populated mostly by Nephilim; a country made up of a collection of smaller countries with the most demanding geography spanning from great snow topped peaks to volcanic valleys.

|Nillluna|
-Capital City-
A booming metropolis, at least by medieval standards, in honor of the great high empress. Nillluna features towering spires and great monuments to the glory of the empire.

|Selenora|
-Largest Port City-
An impressive and constantly busy coastal city, Selenora boasts some of the best goods in any of the kingdoms. It does not, however, boast low prices or a low crime rate.

||Aldorei||
-Gold Province-
Principally populated by Humans with the odd elf; a country of rolling hills and farmland. Follows the feudal system but, unlike En Lome, their people are starting to feel frustrated with their places in life.

|Cyolian Septine|
-Capital City-
Known as the city of purity, Cyolian is something of a very, very large church. A place of worship, pilgrimage, and beautiful architecture the city's least impressive feature is the fact that it hosts the royal family.

|Hyrela Pass|
-Passage through the Peaks-
One of the only passable places in the whole of the Neverending Peaks, the Pass is far from a suitable attack point but it serves the very important role of transporting small caravans of traders from Aldorei to En Lome. However, the passage also brings a number of... less than wanted passengers

|||Species|||

||Human||

Humans make up the majority of the world's population. What they lack in individual strength they make up for in numbers and so they make up the majority of royalty and people in power.

|Mundane|
Average humans are humans just as you know them; they have what one might call a natural appearance; all earth tone skin and hair. They often attempt to emulate other species by dying their hair, painting their skin, and the like but in the end they are human and just that.

|Mystic|
Some special humans have unique talents that could only be called mystical; these people, like all people with power, are coveted and feared by others who do not share their abilities. Their magic can be anything, but in the end they are human and most lead human lives. Some are confined to college strongholds, other retreat their of their own accord.

||Elf||

Elves are an ancient and quiet people. Their long bodies and ears, beautiful faces and rainbow of colors tend to set them apart from average species.

|Lunar|
Lunar elves; followers of the Goddess.
Lunar elves tend to have darker skin with long ears, close to their head, that curl over slightly at the tip. They prefer to travel and are especially talented at music and magic. They are commonly seen as traveling bards, or even mercenaries.

|Solar|
Solar elves; followers of the God.
Solar elves have lighter skin with long, pointed ears the extend slightly from their head. They are stationary, usually living in villages in natural places, close to the sky, like cliffs, coasts, or forests. They are commonly home makers, farmers, and warriors and are gifted hunters.

||Nephilim||

Nephilim are an expansive and diverse species of half-breeds; appearing human but sharing the characteristics of many mythical creatures. No one knows quite how the Nephilim came to be but with their tall, strong bodies and unique mix of the best properties of humanity and magic they are respected as very strong, though their numbers are few.

|Dracoi|
Dracoi are tall and long. Their skin comes in many colors and can be found in almost any tone, though they are commonly some tint of red, orange, or yellow. Their true talent lies with fire, predictably. All Dracoi share an inherent love of power, gold, and freedom. They certainly don't like chains. They have sharp teeth, mischievous eyes, and a powerful tail that sweeps behind them. Some Dracoi have horns, some even have scales in places like their back and forearms, but they all have hauntingly human faces.

|Fae|
The Fae are a powerful race of mystics, skilled in that art of magic. An experienced Fae is very skilled in projecting illusions and they simply love to tease others. They are mischievous but generally sweet and always coveted for their magic. They are usually pastel in color, though some have been known to sport something like completely black skin or another odd feature. They share a special bond with animals.

|Kapre|
Kapre are the friendly jokester type and are almost always male. Associated with trees and often seen as forest spirits, the Kapre is generally a gentle soul. They resemble the trees they love so dearly in some ways, with skin ranging from 'normal' skin tones to bark like browns and greens with all of their being similarly colored, but they resemble a sort of impish elf in expression and temperament. They have a particular interest in other species, and a Kapre that is attracted to a female of a different race is known to follow her closely where ever she will go, like an annoying Cheshire cat.

|||Leaders|||

||En Lome||

|Solein Arlette|
-King-
A loyal and well meaning man, though not exactly the best of leaders. The king is a good man at heart, all of his people adore him for his charm and smiles, but he is a weak leader. He is poor at winning wars and, though preferring peace, is not good at successfully inspiring it.

|Cyllene Arlette|
-Queen-
A dedicated and loving Queen and the heir to the throne by birth after the early death of her younger brother. Cyllene loves her people and her family. She adores her country and all of it's inhabitants but she knows change is coming. She and her husband are both crossing into old age. Soon all of her hard work will be passed to her heir, her darling daughter, and though she adores her child she fears for her country.

|Niami Arlette|
-Princess-
The completely disinterested princess of En Lome. Niami is bored by princess work. She despises her tutoring and her need to be lady like and poised and wishes she could be anything else.

||Ashnaes Empira||

|Miseyla Andreyine|
-High Empress-
The deviously ruthless Dracoi leader of the Empire, Andreyine is a feared ruler and powerful general. Her armies are large, complemented by the enslaved inhabitants of smaller countries hers has already absorbed, and the surrounding countries fear her above all threats.

|Karemia Aussette|
-High Court Advisor-
Residing in En Lome, though loyal to her empress, Ausette's role is to quietly observe and interact with the royal family of En Lome. Her very presence in the country makes the royal family uncomfortable; she is strange, loud, and has an awful tendency to inspire frustration in the other diplomats. It certainly doesn't help that she is best known for her lust after power and her very... odd collection of various sentient beings she calls interesting.

||Aldorei||

|Hilde Orndacil|
-Grand Reagent-
The sister of the now diseased queen, Hilde is the next closest relation to the royal family and as such has taken her place as ruling reagent until such a time that one of the remaining children of the late kind and queen are able to take their place as true monarch. Her motives are questionable and many believe it her intention to steal the crown permanently.

|Zachariah Alhei|
-High Knight-
As acting high knight, Zachariah has the most power in the provinces. However, his choices are being loudly questioned by Hilde. Being far more qualified to rule, yet not exactly excited to stand against the acting queen, Zachariah's is on the verge of being quietly overthrown.

|Open Roles|
-Royal Family Members-
The Kindroth family has been the ruling family in Aldorei for generations. Though they are recognized at the crowning family, their rule is merely for show. The true ruler in Aldorei is the ruling knight and his advisers. This frees the royal family time enough to perform the many questionable activities they have been known to.

|||Religion|||

||Cyolee||
|God of the Sun|
-Worshiped in Aldorei.-
Cyolee is the god of the sun and of masculinity. He represents strength and bravery and all things stereotypically male. His worship is centered in the highly religious Aldorei provinces; where great temples to the sun and his grace are abundant. He is prayed to for good growing seasons, luck in battle, and often for relatives to come home safely from war.

||Lyvellen||
|Goddess of the Blue Moon|
-Worshiped in En Lome.-
Lyvellen is the goddess of all things feminine and driven by emotion. Representing the sides of the realm and of humanity most often associated with females (passion, love, motherhood, femininity, sweetness, night time, etc.), Lyvellen is the leading deity of En Lome's official ideology. It is believed that her will brings good tides, strong rains, and good luck in love and other affairs of the heart.

||Cyolee & Lyvellen||
|From the beginning of time there were two.|
-Rarely worshiped in conjunction any longer. The division stems from arguments in both faith and politics between Aldorei and En Lome.-
Partnered from the start of all existence, the tale of Cyolee and Lyvellen is supposed to be the greatest love story of all time. As the story goes, their love bore forth the realm in full; every creature, every object, everything that has ever been or will be stemmed from their adoration. Cyolee and Lyvellen were worshiped as a pair for hundreds, even thousands of years, but a difference in policy between the two main countries of worship has divided them.

||Kyri-nhal||
|Deity of Nephilim and Gender Neutral God of the Red Moon|
-Genderless trickster deity ruling over the realm of all things Nephilim.-
Born of the stars, Kyri-nhal's existence is shrouded in mystery. Zhe is a powerful deity, a talented and devoted trickster and shape-shifter, and while this is agreed upon by most of zhir worshipers, there is still a definitive lack of unity when it comes to the Red God's lore. The only thing that is commonly agreed upon that Kyri has been involved with was the creation of Nephilim, and even this is heavily debated. Prayers to Kyri-nhal are usually about power or combat; sometimes war.

Well, that certainly was quite a bit of information! I hope I didn't lose everyone along the way!

If you would be so kind, I hope to see some interest be gathered for this roleplay but I also welcome questions and suggestions below! I am completely certain I could use them. Thank you for reading and blessed be any who follow the message of the cuttlefish~ :33

Over 2000 words in this post. Dang.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CelestialCuttlefish
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: En Lome: The Kingdom of Shadows (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryabetes on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Well you know I'm in so

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cryabetes
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Sounds interesting. You have any kind of plot figured out?

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialCuttlefish on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Diabolical; I was thinking about it and I have a bit worked out in the intro. *spoiler alert x3* The princess goes missing, 'heroes' are commissioned to find her, and in the midst the king is murdered. I didn't want to get into anything before I got some feedback, though.

CelestialCuttlefish
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jozarin on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm a little interested. I'll be a noblewoman of En Lome.

Jozarin
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialCuttlefish on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Jozarin I'd be happy to have you along. :33 I'm thinking I will be posting it soon but I want to wait to finalize things to see if anyone has any suggestions, I think?

CelestialCuttlefish
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi there! This looks like it will be a role play I am interested in! Let me know when you have updates. What kinds of suggestions are you taking? I may be able to think up ideas that are interesting. I just need to know what you are open to.

Lyx
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialCuttlefish on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Lyx, I am fairly open to suggestions, I suppose. I certainly need some plot ideas, I was never terribly good with flexible yet fitting plots. I am also considering adding to the country list, though that seems like a bit of a chore. Overall I'm happy to look at any and all suggestions, though I'm not sure what I'll accept and go along with. :33

CelestialCuttlefish
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialCuttlefish on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:07 pm

I got a bit overexcited and published the RP. Hope to see you there <33 roleplay/kingdom-of-shadows

CelestialCuttlefish
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!