Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

London Burning

London Burning

a part of “London Burning”, a fictional universe by Jerred Alain.

A band of desperate and weary survivors struggle against the odds in a world succumbing to a deadly disease, it's victims driven only by a desire to kill. Survival is all that matters (2 spots open, grab them while you still can!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “London Burning”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] London Burning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 pm

You may notice I've added a few players, so for them: Welcome!

To allay any fears I will be keeping this RP running to the very end, and have done so with other similar RP's on other sites which ran to their conclusion and were quite generaly enjoyed by participants. I've noticed that many RP's on this site start and go nowhere, but not this one.

I ask of each player to post at least once per chapter, and make that post substantial. I'll assume control of any character that becomes innactive, and unless you PM with reasons for any innactivity that usualy means your character will die. Hell, it's the apocalypse right!?

So, lets try and get this RP seen right through to the end. Roughly 1 chapter per week, roughly 10 chapters.

Let's get posting :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Just another point, remember the infected are very rarely seen and are extremely terrifying, dangerous and violent. One being seen on the streets at all would have people screaming for cover and a dozen armed officers shooting it to death. For example, a single infected on the streets on average would turn to 20 infected within 5 minutes if not dealt with quickly, as they begin to infect passers by around them. If left longer you've got a serious problem on your hands.

I want to see a sense of fear when you come across them :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:34 pm

I will attempt to post in chapter one by this weekend, ive been swamped with finals and regeant's prep. NYC education system you know >.<

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Hiiii! I'm newly nooby around here, and I just made my first post! :D please tell me if it's any good!

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:04 am

I'll begin chapter 2 by monday/tuesday next week. By the end of the first chapter please have your character resting in a place of relative safety, somewhere in the early morning. From the next chapter we'll be synching our timelines to keep pace with eachother.

It's going well guys, great posts all round. Glad to see Tom isn't the only character with serious mental problems! :D

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akai-pyon on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:40 am

Is it too late for me to join?

If not, I'll get to work on my character immediately.
Image Image Image Image Image

akai-pyon
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:34 am

Posted something. I figured if London is supposedly "Safe" then there wouldn't be too many infected running around so I avoided direct contact. I also figured having a gun would be rather difficult seeing the regulations in the introduction. Its rather short but I wanted to put something up before the next chapter

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:39 pm

akai-pyon - it's not too late to join at all, submit your character and I'll see if it can fit in with the RP at all. Do it within the next 24 hours though! A requirement is EVERY player must post once per chapter, including you :D

Smrtazz13 - you're right on both the guns and infected. strict gun laws, very few infected so far.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Looks like I'm the only one without a gun.... for now *Evil grin*

Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:25 am

Sol's only packing a straight razor, so hopefully that'll be enough haha
At first, I was all Image but then I serioused Image and was totally like Image

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:54 pm

Right, all 10 spots are now taken and I've given Ernie a short amount of time to post and get his character to some kind of place of safety. Next chapter will be in about 24 hours or possibly a little longer depending, so if you want to add anything more to your story at all get posting quick before we move the story up a notch!

Hope you all stick around for the ride, it'll be a damned good one :D

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:56 am

Chapter 2: Panic

In this chapter things start to get out of control, but I want to make something very clear.

In the last chapter there were several incidents of people coming into contact with infected, something I didn't want to happen in the story at that point. Only now are things starting to get out of hand, but crowds of infected are NOT roaming the streets unchecked. I do not want to see people fighting off hordes of them, shooting them down and generaly doing heroic zombie survival exploits. Things are nowhere near that bad yet. What IS happening is this:

A very large increase in the reports of infected calls for all the armed forces and police to be put on duty, given firearms and told to lock down the city. All civilians are asked to seek shelter as the armed patrols go around the streets on foot and in vehicles to hunt down the reported infected victims that are loose. After a while anyone seen on the streets who doesn't immediately identify themselves and is then brought into custody will be shot on sight. Military patrols go around in groups of no less than 8.

I'll give guidance throughout the RP but by the end of it be in a position where whatever place you were hiding in became unsafe and you had to leave, being left to wander the streets.

I'll allow infected in this chapter, but not large groups. And remember, even a single infected is a serious threat and can easily overpower even a single well armed and well trained individual. They feel no pain, are strong and vicous and will only stop when entirely dead. Military and Police are also highly trained and well armed proffessionals who will not hesitate to shoot you, and shoot you accurately. Please remember this is a realistic RP as far as you can do that with the zombie genre, so if I see anything overpowered I'll most likely have your character killed off - which would probably happen if you're single handedly trying to slap to death 20 of them.

Just so you know :D

Okay! That's me done. Enjoy.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 am

Also, one more point: Please take your cues from me about roughly what time of day it is. Please do not go too far ahead or lag too far behind where the other players are now.

We're currently early morning the next day, but feel free to recap if you feel the nedd from last night.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:04 pm

OOC, sorry for taking control of your character like that Incognito, tell me if you don't want it or if it's fine with you because if you don't want it I can always change it.

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Just curious how long will some of the characters remain isolated? For example Henry and Tom are still on their own I think solomon is as well.

Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:46 pm

characters will remain seperate till some time in the 3rd chapter, but you're all free to partner up if you wish as long as you agree beforehand via PM with eachother.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

ok just to prevent misunderstanding i think hells posted as I was writing so there are two different Michaels. No relation. Just a random name I chose.

Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 pm

...Though it would be funny if it happened to be the same michael xD

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Posting a little later today. Very busy this morning :P

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 pm

haha it would be but hells said he was a teenager and mine was around his forties.

Architect
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!