Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

London Burning

London Burning

a part of “London Burning”, a fictional universe by Jerred Alain.

A band of desperate and weary survivors struggle against the odds in a world succumbing to a deadly disease, it's victims driven only by a desire to kill. Survival is all that matters (2 spots open, grab them while you still can!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “London Burning”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] London Burning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 pm

There's an NPC named Boomer walking around that knows Tom West somehow. I'm leaving him for anybody that wants to use him. I just need Sol to find a safe place, so a Pikey with a large pipe seemed like a good idea haha

Also, if anybody wants to partner up with Sol in Chapter Three, just let me know. He'll just be hanging around in the slums until then :P
At first, I was all Image but then I serioused Image and was totally like Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm

I have deicded!.........should probably mention what. Well you thought you were all clever giving your characters firearms at the start of the story and I say HA! Good things come to those who wait. If you translated what Henry shouted at the soldiers, (Not sure if any one did.) Youll see I hinted at my plan. I also threw a clue in his biography. I shall put it into action as soon as the infection gets out of hand. Anyway to my decision, the Sig Sauer p226 Tactical (.40 S&W) used by British police forces and either the G36C (British metro police) Or the L96A1 (British Army). I'm leaning towards The G3 considering it's been my favortie gun for as long as I can remember. You have been warned....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Just remember folks, the RP is not about one-upping eachother's firepower or killing more infected than the next man. It's about creating a good story, and if that means giving your character a firearm so be it.

Just remember, even though most modern firearms are easy to work out the basics, a newbie can VERY EASILY jam it by not correctly loading a magazine, not pulling the bolt back far enough (insanely common in those not used to military rifles, trust me on this one), not to mention scarcety of ammunition, the overpowering urge to fire full auto when even slightly scared, excited or paniced, the lack of any form of marksman training meaning that only one in ten shots will probabl hit close to their mark. Literally giving a gun to a completely untrained individual is only slightly more dangerous than giving them a nice, simple, plain old axe.

Just play it realisticaly, and problems will not arise. With me, you, and a surprise army of undead around your next corner :)

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Guns are cool, but I think good old fashion blunt trauma is the best way to go. I'm sure Sol will end up using a gun eventually, but his main weapons are gonna be pieces of wood/debris and the straight razor, I think

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Story point: Could I ask one of the players who hasn't posted yet to include a section where they see a military patrol get overrun by a large group of infected, probably after a large fight where they attempt to save civilians. The crowd of infected will then disperse in smaller groups about the city.

The first person to say in OOC that they will do this scene will be the one to do it to help avoid duplications. So check the OOC and if nobody has said they will do it, say YOU will do it and crack on!

Also...

Just to let you know nici-kitty has had to pull out due to actual real life commitments, and vio-lance has obviously not posted at all. Both these characters are now under my control which leaves 2 spots open. If you know of any other player who might be interested in joining please let them know so we can make 10 again! :D

The next chapter will begin next week Monday/Tuesday, so get posting!

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:06 pm

I could write up that Military Patrol part later tonight if nobody else is up for it. I got a lot of free time haha

I'll do it later on if I check back and nobody else has posted. If you want to though, go for it!

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Okay I'll let anyone do the military piece, first come first served.

Let's keep the posting up guys, we're only 2 parts the way in! :D

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Hey guys! I'm having some computer issues, so I wont be able to post until Monday I think. Please don't hate me! I'm trying to get back as soon as I can!

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Next update will be Tuesday. Remember to post if you havn't done so yet, and get your character to the point i directed before.

Good luck!

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:08 am

Still a few players who aint posted yet, so I'm giving you all another 24 hours but no more extentions after that. If you want to get your characters to a place similar to where I directed at the start of the chapter we'll begin the next one tomorrow!

Deathfrom above - could you type up the military scene please mate?

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 am

I'm going to stick to my nice little rooftop with the "quiet" company.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:03 am

Alright, I posted the military outbreak scene. Hope its to your liking, guys! If not, let me know and I'll fix it!

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:47 am

Chapter 3 - London Burning

The next chapter is up! Sorry for it being a day late, but probably a good job to give Deathfromabove time to post - awesome post by the way, exactly what I wanted.

The scene is set and all the city is in complete panic. Although soldiers will still be about they have entirely lost control, resorting to barricading themselves away or using brutal tactics to stay alive. The streets are overrun with paniced civilians, car accidents as people try to escape, homicidal soldiers, police and civilians, looters, loose animals, and not to mention the rapidly growing number of infected. It's pandimonium and the place is far from quiet - it's up to you to make your way through it all and survive the best you can.

By the end of the chapter you need to have:

- Wandered the streets and somehow managed to stay alive
- Meet up with me and my group by the end of the chapter.

You may have noticed my band is made up of the abandoned characters of the RP. I'll be posting regularly throughout this chapter to give people a chance to meet up with us, but if you can see a way to crowbar your character into joining the group feel free to do so.

The next update will be around Saturday 12/02/11 - just over one week to post. Please post as much as you can in this chapter as it's probably the most varied and traditional 'panic' situation of a zombie apocalypse, and needing to set the scene is important!

Okay, have at it :D

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 am

A special internet cookie for anyone who kicks the next chapter off.

Maybe even TWO internet cookies.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:43 pm

ill be posting today because its friday

Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:14 pm

smrtazzyou starting us off then?

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Idk really, unless anyone else wants to

Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:12 pm

I'll start us off if that's okay with you?? (:

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Yeah I'm busy cheering for green bay

Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathfromabove1979 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:49 pm

I'll be posting later tonight, after I get all this business in my home sorted. My grandma is in the hospital and is super sick, so it's been kinda crazy this week but it'll be up :3

deathfromabove1979
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!