Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Lonely Days (Open for One)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Lonely Days (Open for One)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:21 pm

((Ooc- Alright, I would like only one person for this thread to RP with. The first person who replies is the person I'll RP with, I suppose. My character IS homosexual, so if you don't like that, then I would appreciate it if you would keep your thoughts to yourself. As for my character, here's a character profile:

Stats
Name: Hoshiko (Means: Star child) Kurosawa
Nickname: Hoshi (Means: Star)
Birthday: July 11th
Height: 4'10"
Weight: 76
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Relationship Status: Single
Ethnicity: Japanese
Race (human, vampire, lycan, anthro, etc.): Human

Appearance

Build: He's very small, short and skinny. It looks as if you could break him in half without even trying.

Hair: His hair isn't long, but at the same time, it isn't short. The natural color of his hair is blue, and he has natural highlights that are a lighter blue than his original color. His bangs always seem to be in his face, though sometimes he sweeps them to the side so he can see better.

Eyes: His eyes are light green; actually, more of a green-yellow color. His eyes are shocking and sharp, and they resemble the eyes of a feline. Most people say that after looking into his eyes, it feels like something has stabbed into their mind and hit their soul.

Clothing: Usually he wears light colors, a lot of white, light blue, light green, and pink. It's rare that you'll see him in colors like red or purple. A normal outfit for him would be a light blue polo, tight white shorts that come a few inches above his knees, blue knee socks, and white slip on vans. However, sometimes he does wear skirts. When he's depressed, he wears dark colors, such as a deep purple and black. His clothes always have to match, and he can't stand wearing pants or long sleeved shirts, hating the feeling of warmth.

Identifying Marks: A tattoo on his chest that says Ai Chishio (Means: Blood Love), a scar on his forehead in the shape of a triangle with an "x" in the middle, and a small scar right underneathe his chest.

Overall Appearance: He's incredibly small, and he looks about the size of a fifth grade boy. He has a very feminine, childish face, though his body isn't feminine whatsoever. He's boney and has almost no curves.

Picture: Image

Personality

Likes: Parkour is his passion. Whenever he does parkour, he feels like he's flying; he feels like he's the only one in the world, and no one can stop him from doing what he loves. He gets in trouble by the police a lot for doing it at random construction sites, but that's never stopped him.

(For those who don't know what Parkour is, here's a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquXcwooV6A

And yeah, it's more than just jumping off and onto things. It's a serious sport, and all of those who want to say it's pointless, I'd like to see you try to do a double kong vault, flag, or a kong to precision without landing on your heels or falling over. Sorry, I'm sensitive about the subject of Parkour being a real sport or not, heh.)

He also likes reading/writing poetry and short stories. It's hard for him to express his feelings outloud, so he writes them out.

He loves his cat plushie, Suki (Means: Beloved). It looks more like a piece of trash than a stuffed animal. It's tail looks like it's been sewed back on many times, an entire ear was ripped off, an eye is missing, the once deep purple color faded to a dull, light purple, and there are patches of fur missing, but it's Hoshiko's most prized posessions.

He also loves star gazing. It's one of his favorite things to do. Sometimes lays on top of the roof of his house all night long, just staring at them until the sun comes up.

Dislikes: He hates loud, crowded areas. He gets nervous when he's around too many people. He cannot stand spicey food either. Even black pepper is too spicey for him.

Fears: His biggest fears are sharp objects, loud noises, guns, and the dark.

Background

Parents/Guardians: Chou Kurosawa (Father; Deceased). Haruko Kurosawa (Mother; Deceased). Kyoko Satou (Current guardian)

Siblings: None.

Place of birth: Kanagawa, Japan

History: Hoshiko was born to Chou and Haruko Kurosawa, two of the nastiest members in one of the worst gangs in their area, called Ai Chishio (Means: Blood Love). When Hoshiko was only three, his dad tattooed the words Ai Chishio into his chest and carved their gang symbol, a triangle with a small "x" in the middle, in the middle into his forehead, it being a mandatory thing to do if any of the gang members had children.

He rarely saw his parents, them always dealing with "work", and he grew up neglected. Though, when he was five, for his birthday, they gave him Suki, his first and only stuffed animal. Suki was his best friend; someone that was always with him, someone that never fought with him, someone that would listen no matter what...

When he was seven years old, rumors started spreading around, saying that Hoshiko's parents were two members in Ai Chishio, and the police were looking for them. It was a rule that if you were identified as a member of the gang Ai Chishio, then you were to kill yourself and your family.

Hoshiko's mother shot him, aiming for his heart, but she was so nervous that she missed, shooting him right below. She shot herself right afterwards, thinking that Hoshiko wouldn't make it anyways, and Chou shot himself right as Haruko shot herself. When the police arrived, they called an ambulance, and Hoshiko was rushed to the hospital.

After a month of physical and mental therapy, he was put in a foster home. He lived with a man and a woman, and he lived happily with them for three years. When he turned ten, the woman needed surgery, and it was a success, though they gave her too much vicodin, and because of that, she became addicted. She snuck vicodin whenever she could, and she started drinking.

She became depressed and finally commited suicide when Hoshiko was 11. Not long later, the man commited suicide, the death of his wife bringing too much hurt.

He was put in an orphanage, and finally, when he was 14, he was adopted by Kyoko Satou, his current guardian. He's not close to her, for he refuses to answer her or spend time with her, because he knows once he does, something will go wrong and he'll lose another person close to him.

I would prefer another homosexual male character to RP with, but really, it doesn't matter to me. As for the setting, it's in a small cafe. It's raining heavily, it's a Saturday, and that's pretty much all you need to know.))

Hoshiko shivered as he walked into the warm cafe, and he shook his head to get the excess rain water out of his hair. He coughed softly and an aweful sound came from his chest, a sign that he was falling ill. With a small sniffle, he walked to the counter, ordering a hot, chai tea latte.

After he got his drink, he went over to a small couch in front of the fire, curling up in the corner. He shivered as he took a sip, the warmth spreading through his whole body. He took another sip and sighed in relief, finally warming up. "Stupid rain," he murmured, rubbing his nose.

He suddenly set his drink on the side table, cupping his hands over his nose. He sneezed softly and groaned in frustration, leaning his head back against the couch's back rest. "Stupid cold," he grumbled. "Stupid everything." He coughed as he picked up his drink, and he took another small sip.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Lonely Days (Open for One)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 pm

Stats
Name: Harold Hitoshi Friedenstaube
Nickname: Hato
Height: 5'2''
Weight: 100 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Unknown
Relationship Status: Single
Ethnicity: Half German, half Japanese
Race: Human

Appearance
Build: Thin but sturdy
Hair: Brown and slightly tinted green from a fading green dye job. The style is a little messy but it is naturally straight enough that he can just roll out of bed without brushing it.
Eyes: Warm brown.
Clothing: Tight long-sleeved shirts with a looser but form-fitting t-shirt over it. He likes bright, fiery colors with crazy graphic prints. Baggy, wide-legged jeans whose cuffs cover his feet. He is also a patches freak and often has a a colorful array going down one side of his pants whether they have holes or not. He also wears regular running shoes but they've been covered with Sharpie doodles.
Identifying Marks: No tattoos or piercings, but he likes to paint his nails.
Overall Appearance: He looks a little older than his age and can pass for a 17 or 18 year old even if he is on the short side. He gives his age and immaturity away when he actually tries to act older.

Picture: Image

Personality
Likes: Exploring the city, urban art, photography. Having been raised as a military brat, he is often forced to move a lot, so he likes to spend his time online to keep in touch with people. He likes meeting people offline, but one time, he got caught up with the wrong crowd ((sorry it's kind of vague; I'll come back and edit this later : D). Now he's dropped out of school despite his strict military parents' admonishments. He has been kicked out of his home is living independently, but his mother still sends him money secretly.
Dislikes: Suits, uniforms.
Fears:

Background
Parents/Guardians: Johannes Friedenstaube (Father), Sadako Friedenstaube (Mother; Maiden Name: Murasaki)
Siblings: None
Place of Birth: Camp Hansen in Okinawa, Japan
History: Born in Japan, moved several times to Germany, the Philippines, the U.S., and back to Japan, staying at each country approximately every three years throughout his childhood. Family has expectations for him to be in the military.

OOC: Sorry some parts of this profile are unfinished. I'll come back and finish it, okay?

IC:

Hato eyed the slight boy, still dripping with rainwater. He hoped his boss wouldn't see how it was ruining the upholestry.

He was wiping down a neighboring table when the blue-haired guest caught his eye. He could have talked to anyone in the cafe. It was crowded. On rainy days, this was the place where everyone ducked. In a second he would be called away, so he tried to look busy wiping down the table even though he could already see his reflection. His plastic nametag glinted in the reflection spelling out Hitoshi--but he had crossed it out with a sharpie and above it he squeezed in his nickname "Hato."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:26 pm

((Ooc- Totally fine with me. ^_^ ))

Hoshiko watched the employee wipe down the table, and he sniffled as he realized he had to sneeze again. He set down his drink and buried his face into the crook of his arm, sneezing twice, though the sound was barely audible. He groaned and rubbed his nose, standing up to get some napkins to blow his nose.

After he went over to the counter and found that the napkin dispensers were empty, he walked over to the teen wiping the table. "Excuse me, um...," he paused to look at the other male's name tag, "Hato, there's no more napkins." His voice was soft and boyish; his voice resembled a little kid's.

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Hato stopped wiping the table, startled by the boy's eyes. Another sniffle from him brought him to his senses and he mumbled something about having napkins while he dug around in his apron pocket. But his hand came up empty.

"Oh, yeah. No napkins, huh. Sorry about that, everyone's probably been using them to dry themselves off. Damn rain," he laughed. He was rambling now, glad to have a break in the day's monotony. He was glad to have someone to talk to, even if it was a thirteen-year old boy.

Hato squinted at him a little. Yeah, this guy couldn't be more than thirteen years old. And already drinking coffee. These pre-teens and their caffeine addictions; no wonder most of their growths were stunted. He almost rolled his eyes, but something about the boy's stare made him think again.

"Look, don't sneeze or anything. I'm going into the back to get some more. Well, uh--" Hato said quickly, noticing a booger slipping querulously from a nostril. "Come on, you're coming with me."

He grabbed the boy's thin wrist and tugged him along.

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:55 am

Hoahiko watched as Hato looked around in his pockets, coming up with nothing. "Yeah...I hate the rain," he whispered, looking out of a window with sad eyes.

He blushed slightly as the other male grabbed his wrist. He pulled his arm back and silently followed the taller boy. "Toilet paper would be fine...," he said softly. He covered his mouth with his hand and coughed as softly as he could.

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:22 am

"And use the same stuff you use to wipe your butt? No way! We're getting you some tissues..." Hato stopped short. His way was blocked by a sturdy college-aged student. His face was half-covered with a thin growth of facial hair. He was attempting to grow a beard to hide his weak chin. It was Hato's boss. His name was Toru, but Hato called him the Mouth-Breather.

"Hitoshi!" Toru breathed through his mouth. It really annoyed Hato, but not as much as his boss calling him "Hitoshi."

"It's Hato," he corrected him through gritted teeth.

"What do you think you're doing? Are you going to let me do all the work? The counter is busy and--"

Hato interrupted him. "I'm helping a customer." He looked sideways at the boy whose arm he was holding and grinned almost apologetically.

"Fine, Hitoshi, FINE--"

"It's Hato."

"--but if I don't see you back here in one minute, I'm docking your pay." The Mouth-Breather pointed to his watch to emphasize his point and breathed through his mouth angrily, making his spit fly. Hato thought he felt some land on his face. A customer called impatiently whether or not he was going to get any service and Hato's boss rushed away. "One minute!" he called over his shoulder. "I'm timing you!"

"Aye, aye," said Hato under his breath. Turning back to the boy, he beamed happily. "What a freak, right?" He let go of the boy's wrist and beckoned him to follow him into the storage room.

He found the box of napkins on the topmost shelf. The shelf he couldn't reach. "Well, it's up there. There's a stool somewhere I stand on to get at it," he turned this way and that groping around in the dim light to find it. "Damn, the Mouth-Breather probably took it and let some customer sit on it since it's so crowded today."

For a moment Hato looked discouraged then he brightened. "You know, I'll bet you could reach it if you stood on my shoulders or something!"

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Hoshiko pouted a bit as they got into the back room. "I'm sorry," he whispered, "I didn't mean to get you in trouble." He coughed and looked at the top shelf, his eyes widening.

"Oh, I don't know...I'm probably too heavy," he said, looking to the side. He absent mindedly brought his fingers up to his forehead, rubbing his odd scar. Once he realized what he was doing, he blushed and forced his hand back down.

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:16 pm

To distracted by the prospect of having his pay docked in less than a minute, Hato plowed on with his hair-brained idea.

Too heavy, the kid said? Hato pretended to look offended. "Come on, I'm strong enough."

He wove his fingers together and knelt forward indicating that he would support the boy by the heel as he lifted him up.

"Thirty seconds!" he heard the Mouth-Breather call from the other side of the door.

Rolling his eyes at Toru's voice, Hato beckoned to the boy, "Come on."

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:07 am

"Okay, okay, fine," Hoshiko said, putting the heel of his foot into Hato's entwined hands. He pushed himself up, still coming a bit short, so he jumped up, grabbing the box. He quickly threw it to the side, making sure it wouldn't hit Hato, while pushing his foot against the shelf lightly. He did a back flip in the air, and landed on his feet. He wobbled a bit, which wasn't usual, though he was feeling a bit dizzy due to his cold.

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:36 am

"Wow, great, thanks! That was a pretty good move--" Hato stopped short. He took a step toward the boy and held out his arms to keep him steady.

"Man, you're in terrible shape."

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:01 am

"I'm fine," Hoshiko said, backing away from Hato slightly. He rubbed his slightly sore eyes and shivered, walking over to the box of napkins. He opened it and pulled a couple out, holding them to his nose. "You better get back to work."

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:35 am

Hato looked unconvinced, but he was more worried about his job than this strange kid. Just a little more.

"Well, okay," he said, hitching the box of napkins under his arm to refill the dispensers outside. "Just let me know if you need anything--"

"TIME'S UP, HITOSHI!"

"Shit, it's the Mouth-Breather." He scrambled out of the supply closet, looking back once at the boy, but not having time to say anything else.

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:39 pm

Hoshiko let himself slowly slump to the ground after Hato left, taking a moment to regain some strength. Just that little bit of movement had made him feel so nauseous. His stomach churned, and he took deep breaths, not want to get sick in the back room.

He stood up after a few minutes and headed towards the door, though he stopped short. He stumbled around as his vision became more blurred, and not long after, he collapsed to the ground, completely unconcious.

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:50 pm

The cafe was so busy Hato wasn't able to keep track of the customers, especially that boy with the piercing green eyes. Hato figured that he had already left the cafe out into the malevolent weather. By the time the cafe closed, the downpour had trickled to a few drops. Hato was bone-weary. The bell on the door jingled letting him know that Toru had already left, leaving him to clean and lock up. Hato knew he had slacked off today, but this was ridiculous. After he did the rounds of wiping off the tables, refilling the condiment and item dispensers, washed out the spigots, cups, mixers, he ripped off his apron and was ready for the night off.

He didn't have much to look forward to. Since he was kicked out of his home, he had been living alone and rented what could have been a walk-in closet. And even then he was just scraping by to pay the utilities bill. His only solace was that he could leech off his neighbor's Wifi. It was all he could do to stay connected in such a disconnected state. But men need more than bread and water--or in his case, a job and internet.

"Holy shi--" Hato almost stumbled over the boy's supine body. He panicked, unsure of what to do. With a hoarse voice he almost called out for Toru, but realized that he was long gone.

Hato kneeled. To his relief he saw that the boy was still breathing. He cushioned the boy's head with his apron. The dim light cast the shadows of his eyelashes across his ashen white skin. His blue hair made him look ghostly or angelic. He patted his face almost brusquely. Strangely he couldn't help but notice how smooth his skin was.

"Hey, are you okay?" he said stupidly. There was something sacrilegious about waking this boy from his sleep. "HEY. Cafe's closed. CLOSED. HELLO?"

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:16 am

Hoshiko's lidded eyes twitched slightly as Hato spoke. He groaned and pawed at the hand that was patting his face in a very cat-like way. "Stop," he whined, turning on his side. He shivered slightly; he was only wearing a collared shirt and rather short shorts, and he was freezing. His face was terribly pale, and his lips were an unhealthy blue color.

His teeth chattered as he became more concious, and he wrapped his thin arms around his own body. "C-Co-Cold," he mumbled. He wiggled his nose around and sneezed twice, the sound soft and supressed.

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:41 pm

OOC: Sorry it took so long to reply!

"Oh, man," moaned Hato under his breath. He held combed his fingers through his hair and stood still for a moment, getting his bearings. As much as he hated his father ever since that argument he had with him--an argument he would rather forget--he heard his father's voice in his head like some kind of militant conscience.

He could imagine his father with his graying blonde crew-cut hair glaring at him from under his bushy eyebrows and yelling through his thick mustache to get back on track--the military track, the only track it seemed for a military brat like him.

To the average civvie, they had a really weird father and son relationship. Instead of sharing normal hobbies like fishing or chatting about cars, his father drilled him on what he called the "Soldier's Study Guide," which encompassed everything from applying tourniquets to the procedure for saving a severed limb. His father's reasoning was that all this military proselytizing would prepare his son for this straight and narrow future, but the more Hato's head was dunked into this life, the more afraid he became. It was a fear Hato had never faced so it had no name. It was definitely not the Boy Scouts.

After he got it together, it was like he was on auto-pilot. He bundled the kid in some extra aprons and a jacket someone had left behind. It would have to do while he filled a thermos with hot water, easy to find in a coffee shop. He added a packet of green tea for the heck of it too.

"Hey, take a sip of this," he told the boy, inching the mouth of the thermos to his lips. "It's green tea. Warm up while I call for the hospital, okay?"

As Hato held the boy in his arms, despite him being ridiculously bundled up in a bunch of aprons and a dusty jacket, he couldn't help but notice how light he was, as if his bones were as hollow as a bird's.

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoshiko on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:28 pm

((OOC: It's totally okay ^_^))

Hoshiko sniffled and took the warm thermos into his hands, taking a small sip of the traditional drink. He almost spit out the small amount as the other mentioned a hospital. He had never been fond of hospitals, and having lived in one for a few weeks as a child had left him with quite a few bad memories of hospitals.

"N-No! No hospital!" he said, ducking his head underneath the bundle of aprons. As he realized Hato's arms were around him, he grew angry and pushed himself away with weak arms. "Did I say you could touch me?!" He groaned as the pounding in his head intensified, and he let out a soft, almost inaudible whimper. "I hate being sick."

He was Hoshiko Kurosawa. He wasn't supposed to get sick. It. Just. Wasn't. Right. He shivered again and pulled the dusty jacket aorund himself tighter, though it barely provided any warmth. "Why is it so cold in here?!" he asked angrily. His head snapped forward as he sneezed, and he pathetically rubbed the back of his hand against his nose, still violently shivering.

Hoshiko
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby forgoteniam on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 pm

(OOC: Is this roleplay still open?)

forgoteniam
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!