Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Long Night turns to a Long Day.

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

A Long Night turns to a Long Day.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:20 pm

Kiyoshi slowly walked into his living quarters. He had been up all night with that girl. He wanted sleep more than anything right now and walked to his closet and hung his suit jacket on the hanger.

"I think I'll wear something casual later today..." thought Kiyoshi as he reached for where his tie would have been. He grumbled to himself; remembering that he had left that girl's hands tied up with his tie. The guards on L03 had took all possible preparations for the prisoner to make sure there would be no escape. Kiyoshi unbuttoned his white shirt and hung up on a hanger and then walked through a door that led to his large office. If anyone would have been there to see him with out his shirt, they would have seen several scars that were scattered on his body.

When Kiyoshi got into his office he groaned. A large stack of memo's was on his desk. Apparently, other divisions within the colony had noticed the problem.

So, it isn't just Auxiliary Prime's computer system...

He hadn't yet received a reply from Sin, and so he began to slowly leaf through the different memo's. Most were just ones that would mention that someone had noticed a problem with the computer systems. Others demanded that the problem be fixed. Kiyoshi reached into his pocket and looked at the disk shard that had dried blood on it. He took off his sunglasses and held it into the "morning" light that was coming in to the colony.

Kiyoshi put the shard into his desk and then leaned back in his chair staring at the ceiling. Kiyoshi's head rested on his arms after he laid his }{G communicator by his head.

Divide and conquer...

With that last breath, Kiyoshi's body finally succumbed to sleep.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:31 pm

Millie sat in her cell, her arms and legs shackled, the guards had taken her, untied her hands and swiftly cuffed her. Without ceremony, they dragged her to their vehicle, drove down to their headquarters (it didn't look like any police station that she'd ever seen) and threw her into an empty cell. Her arms hurt, her back still hurt despite being bandaged and she had been in the dark for so long, she'd lost track of time...

Sometime later the door opened and a guard stepped in.

"Come with me, it's time for you to do some explaining."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:25 am

Kiyoshi heard a loud buzz from the intercom. He sat up quickly with one of the memo's stuck to is head, and looked around groaning as he realized he slept with his head on the desk. Pulling the memo from his head he pressed the button to the intercom.

Kiyoshi here...what?

Secretary - Sir, I thought you would like to be informed that the prisoner is being interrogated soon.

Thank you.

Kiyoshi sat up and walked to his living quarters and then into the bathroom to take a shower. After his shower Kiyoshi dressed in simple attire wearing black pants and a black short sleeved button up shirt. Walking back into his office he picked up his }{G Communicator placing it into his pocket and put his sunglasses over his eyes. With a quick glance he looked out the window.

I wonder what today will bring?

Kiyoshi shook his head as he walked out of his office and stopped by the secretary's desk.

I would like you to have a Representative from the MS Factories to meet with me in my office after the interrogation. Please ask them to go to each of the factories and collect information from full output on all mobile suits now finished. I want us prepared for anything that might happen.

Secretary - Yes sir, Mr. Kazami.

Kiyoshi nodded and walked to a car that was waiting to take him to where the prisoner was being interrogated.

Elsewhere, Millie sat in another dark room. It was the typical interrogation setting that anyone would have come to expect. One dim light bulb hung from the ceiling and until a green light indicating a door was about to open it was the only light in the room. A man in uniform with two armed guards came in.

Interrogator - Unfortunately, it does not seem like our leaders will make it for the beginning of this interrogation. If you refuse to cooperate, there will be consequences.

The interrogator leaned in towards Millie. He had an evil glare on his face as he looked into Millie's eyes.

Interrogator - Now, let's begin...

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:01 am

"Now, let's begin... We have no record of you ever working for L3 Auxillary Prime, or anywher in L3 at all. Would you mind telling us why you were there?"

"I... uh... I've worked there for a while now. Isn't there something wrong with your records though?"

The interrogator sat across the table from her and scowled.

"Nobody mentioned anything about our records, missy. We believe that it's you who uploaded whatever's whacked the L3ISS, now you don't seem the kind of person who can develop viruses, would you mind telling us who did?"

"Like I'd tell you!"

Millie was feeling braver, now that Kiyoshi was gone, he was much scarier than the man sitting across from her. He stood up and slammed the table.

"Tell me who developed it, or so help me, I'll smack you around like the bitch you are!"

"Ess did it! She's the one who made it!"

Millie clasped her hands to her mouth. The interrogator whooped.

"We've got a name, boys! Run a search for an "Ess" who has computer skills and something against the colonies!"

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:21 am

The car Kiyoshi was in pulled up to the building. It was very plain on the outside, but had a few trees and green grass in front of it. Kiyoshi made his way inside where he was checked for weapons, and then walked up to a reception desk. The man behind it stood up wearing a security uniform and saluted. Guards were station at the two doors to the right and left and behind the reception desk.

Security Officer - Mr. Kazami sir.

Kiyoshi saluted back.

I'm here to view the interrogation of the prisoner that I brought from Auxiliary Prime.

Security Officer - Yes, sir...she's in Interrogation Block C-17. I'll have a guard lead you.

Kiyoshi nodded as a Guard approached him and lead him through one of the doors. Finally they arrived at C-17 and the Guard led him through another door where he could watch the interrogation. In the past there would have probably been a window into the room, but now there was a digital screen that would record and display it into this room. Kiyoshi sat down and watched a few guards and other workers were also in the room watching.

Inside the interrogation room the Interrogator became louder.

Interrogator - I want you to tell me how to disable whatever you did!

Millie had become more afraid of the interrogator at this point. He had been yelling and threatening her for several minutes now, and she had no idea what to tell him now. She didn't know how to disable the virus, nor could she reversed it with the disk destroyed, if she wanted to.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:38 am

"Fine, if you can't disable the virus, we'll just put you back in your cell."

The interrogator knew that this was a subtle threat, and this already broken girl would leak like a faucet at this.

"No don't!"

"And why shouldn't we?"

"Otherwise they'll bring our Gundam to rescue me!"

The interrogator froze. Did she just say...?

"Did... did you say Gundam?"

"N- No! I meant- uh..."

"Forget it, now who's going to try and rescue you?"

"No one."

The interrogator actually leaned forward and slapped Millie. With her arms shackled, she couldn't balance and fell out of the chair, hitting her head on the corner of the table. She was on the floor now, crying. There was something that sounded like a muffled shout from the other side of the mirror, but neither Millie nor the interrogator noticed.

"If there's a Gundam loose, I want to know who has it, and what they're planning to do, run a cross-check on whatever Ess results we have and large gundanium shipments, put this one back in her cell."

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:13 am

Kiyoshi eyes focused with a hard glare on the interrogator. Partly because of the anger of watching Millie get slapped and hitting the floor, but also out of fear of what could happen next. Kiyoshi got up and walked into the room where Millie was being Interrogated. The Interrogator looked surprised, but could not see Kiyoshi glaring at him because of the sunglasses that Kiyoshi wore.

Interrogator - Kazami? I...I didn't think you were here.

Pick her up now.

Kiyoshi's words were cold and demanding. The interrogator walked over and helped Millie back into her chair then the interrogator walked back over to Kiyoshi.

Let me see your hand.

The interrogator looked confused.

I said...let me see your hand.

The interrogator held out his hand to Kiyoshi. He looked it over and then in one quick motion broke his arm between his wrist and elbow. The man screamed out in pain.

I will be carrying out the rest of this interrogation. If this young lady had been a soldier it would be different. This is not to say that she is innocent of any crimes, she has clearly admitted it. As I said, she is not a soldier, or at least, not one as far trained as many of those in this room...

As Kiyoshi spoke he looked at the Guards and then back at the interrogator.

Your arm will heal, but until then, it will be a reminder, that violence is not always the answer, and that there is always a chance of punishment and discipline for any action.

Kiyoshi looked to the guards.

Take him to the infirmary. He will be out for a few weeks at least, with full pay...

The interrogator looked surprised but then yelled in pain again when the Guards took him out and the door behind them once again locked. Kiyoshi found some tissue and walked up to Millie and dried her eyes before he sat down in the chair across from her.

I never got your name...

Millie - M...m..Millie.

Kiyoshi nodded.

As you must know, I am Kiyoshi Kazami...I am a member of }{G and leader of the L03 Colony Cluster. You've caused a lot of problems here. I do not know if the situation is the same elsewhere. There is a large stack of memo's that I will have to deal with later. I guess that's what I get for having to double as a leader and not just a soldier. You said that they would send a Gundam to rescue you...

Millie nodded afraid to speak.

That is a serious threat. There was a time when Gundam's were seen as saviors to the Colonies. A way to finally break away from the oppressive Earth government. Now they are symbols of fear. I've been nice, for the most part, for the simple reason of how I remember what it's like to be young and in a war. To want to be accepted by those more skilled than you. I'm guessing that is what you want now, because that is what I wanted then.

Kiyoshi paused for a moment letting his words sink in.

My young eyes saw so much needless death, so much pain and suffering. Technically, I'm not much older than what I was back then because of my cryostasis sleep in deep space, but I do feel much older. A war does that to you.

Kiyoshi slowly took off his sunglasses as he looked in Millie's eyes. His eyes were still cold, but now they also hinted at some distant pain.

These eyes have seen too many lives lost for foolish reasons; it would seem that they will soon see more. I need to know...is the Gundam coming. I need you to tell me what you know about this Gundam, so I can try and prevent the lives of innocence from dieing...

Kiyoshi continued to look into her eyes, hoping she would understand him.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:09 pm

Millie shivered under the gaze of Kiyoshi, she wasn't sure if it was the chill of war, like he had said, or just the situation she was in. A terrible silence followed, and she forced herself to ask the question that was burning in the back of her mind.

"What's going to happen to me?"

"Well, you've committed an act of terrorism that directly impacted the efficiency and prosperity of the colony. That's just jail. I'm not going to say that you'll rot there, because you're young, and since you still have information we need, we'll make sure nothing too terrible happens to you."

It wasn't the answer she wanted, but at least better than the nightmarish images that she had been fearing ever since she'd been caught. Her insides gave a twinge, she had accidentally betrayed The Defenders, Ess, Zach, and everyone else aboard The Gilgamesh.

As best as she could with her arms shackled, she pulled her hair back into place behind her back, although the effect was only to make her look slightly less ruffled.

Staring at her feet, she waited to hear what would come next.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:54 pm

Kiyoshi put back on his sunglasses and shook his head.

If a Gundam comes here many lives will be lost. I wish it was only me who would have to pilot a mobile suit to go up against whatever might be on it's way. Unfortunately, it would be a waste, seeing as I have nothing to go toe to toe with a Gundam. I will have to prepare everyone. Those people have families, wives, sons, daughters, and if a battle erupts, they may well lose all of that. Do you wish to have that on your conscience?

Kiyoshi stopped and turned his back to her. He kept quiet as the memories of all those that he has killed flashed before his eyes. He held his head as he felt a surge of pain. Quickly, he struggled to regain his composer hoping Millie didn't notice, but he still strained to speak.

The simple answer to that question is "Well, that's war". I'd be a fool if I tried to promote pacifism. There's too much blood on these hands for that. My goals are to protect my home, L3, and limit as many useless deaths as possible. A future with no people is not a strong future to look forward to.

Kiyoshi looked back at Millie.

When and if the Gundam comes. The lives that will be lost will be on your conscience too. If you become willing to talk, you can tell them to contact me.

Kiyoshi looked to the Guard.

Take her to her cell. Have here heavily guarded. Take no chances. Any violence done to her by my soldiers, if not justified, will be dealt ten fold by me.

Kiyoshi then walked out of the door which slid closed behind him.

L3 has been lucky too long. The fighting will come here soon.

Kiyoshi shook his head and walks down the hall and then back out to his car waiting for him. Before he got into the car, he opened the door and looked around at the people who still go about their business, even though there is war.

If everyone knew the purity of life...would they continue to kill each other?

Kiyoshi shook his head again, not willing to admit to himself that the answer was no. Differences would always separate human beings, and differences will always have the chance to escalate to war. Kiyoshi got into the car and it drove off back to his Office/Estate.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.