Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

I'm looking for good science-fiction and fantasy writers

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

I'm looking for good science-fiction and fantasy writers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lindraal on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:38 am

i'm looking for a few good science fiction and fantasy writers. Just give me the name of your best fourm that you've entered. If I think you're good enough then I'll tell you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lindraal
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:39 pm

And the point of this would be?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:56 pm

I'm a good writer, I have a short story on this site, but I want to know why you want to know this.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:26 pm

People say I am a good writer, I may or may not agree with that. However, some of it I may wish to publish at some point for money. Also, I have very little time at the moment.

What I'm saying? If you want to see my work, most of it's posted here in the forum. Go find it, or tell me why you want it before I'll let you be lazy and go do the work of finding my works and linking you to them.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:39 pm

I'm a good writer if I can get a good idea for a story.

Midnight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thanatos on Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:16 pm

I'm not sure if i'm good as such, but i have been roleplaying for 10 years which has helped my writing a lot!

Go to http://www.retrothinking.com and search for 'torn fate'. Its an rp i wrote myself and its only about two pages long but it shows my style of writing and kind of characters well.

Thanatos
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:20 am

You are basing a person's writing skills on the forum's they have been to? And how do you define 'best' may I ask? Thta word in the given context is very subjective and unlikely to present a vialble answer.

For some, such as myself, this is the first forum they have been on, I am sure. However, I am considered by many, both on here, and in real life that I am a talented writer.

This may be because I have wriiten as a hobby for many years, and my pasion for reading has also helped me develop reasonable writing skills.

You state that you will decide if people are 'good enough'? Good enough for what?

I am far from the best writer in the world, and far from the best writer on this forum, I do not profess any different. However, my writing is understandable, makes sense, involves, and I quote a good friend of mine on one occasion, 'beautiful imagery'.

Therefore, I am considered, and consider myself to be, 'good enough'. In a Role Play environment, there is no need to change every other word to something you found in a thesaurus, for example, or be bale to write reams about a single moment.

What is important is that you can you portray your character well enough for him/her/it to be believable as a person, and also be able to allow the progression of a story.

I apologise if I sound harsh, perhaps I meant to, however there is way too much elitism in the RPing world, and it isn't needed.

I feel that all people on this forum are 'good enough', despite varying skills in a literary sense, mainly because I have yet to see someone who cannot portray either a character's personality, or help a story to progress.

However, I notice you are relatively new here, so I do welcome you to RPGateway.

I must encourage you to take part in any RP that grabs your attention.

Saladin

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:07 am

http://gwing.net/viewtopic.php?t=1756

This was a one-day thing I had to write. I did this all in maybe one-hour tops. But yeah, it's not my best, considering I have many hand-written stories that I havn't posted.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:51 pm

Well, despite my being in no forum before I joined RPGateway just short of 5 months ago, I will link you to one of my posts...

http://gwing.net/viewtopic.php?t=1110&start=40

The post I would like you to look at is the second post on that page, although you will find quite a lot of my literary stuff on that thread, feel free to peruse that thread for some high quality writing from several of our members.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:28 pm

http://gwing.net/viewtopic.php?t=1319 another good one. And yes, me and GG are the same.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.