Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Looking for RP partner(s)!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Looking for RP partner(s)!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danyata on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Hey there. I am danyata, and I am currently looking to find a roleplay partner. All my roleplays at the moment have wrapped up and now I am looking for someone new to play with. Or maybe even multiple persons!

I am looking for:

• Literacy.
    • Someone not afraid of taking charge sometimes with story ideas.
    • Someone who is around fairly often.

and most importantly!

• Someone who is fun and creates interesting characters.

I like PMs, AIM or MSN, and I am in a GMT timezone.

I have some plots below, but if you don't like them and wish to brainstorm instead, or even have something you wanted to play, just ask. I am more than happy too! I am not really interested in roleplaying anything with canon characters in fandom based settings, but thank you.

Plots

• It is the regency period in England. A time where ladies were ladies and men were gentlemen, and everyone is looking for a potential marriage partner. Every now and then those in town will look up to find a dragon soaring off in the direction of the latest military affair and in harbours sea serpents await their masters patiently.

Five wealthy families exist with grand estates who set themselves apart from others of their aristocracy. Whereas for most people, magic is a rumour wrapped in a mystery of witchcraft, these families practice old occult spells and label themselves as Magus. Each of them fools around with magic to further their own status and for their own pleasure (who wants a pack of beagles when you can hunt with spiritual entities?) and thus a rivalry is born out of those wanting to be the very best, each of the families taking it to ridiculous levels over the course of the game, getting worse and worse until oops; magic gets tired of being used so recklessly without need.

I like this more as a background for other drama. I can just envision an afternoon tea of high society daughters whilst their brothers, fathers and suitors go about firing off various spells instead of testing their shooting or duelling abilities.

• The world as we know it today exists run by the Aristocrats. Self-important nobility, they run the world fearfully via a secret police named The Black, trademarked by their all black attire. Normal folks live in fear of their power; the Aristocrats are the only people in the world capable of exerting telekenetic abilities. There exists a small rebellion, but time and time again their efforts are crushed.

This to me is more of a setting than a plot. I have a fistful of ideas for characters I'd like to play for this but I'd really like to brainstorm more with a partner.

• The year is 2143 amd humanity is part of the Nevralesan Empire. The Nevrales came to us a hundred years ago bearing gifts. Technology, medicine, education. They ended world hunger and consodilated our people into a happy union. They saved us. And all they asked in return was that we accepted an open hand of friendship, that we help them to pay back the debt that we owe them.

We became their servants.

The Empire spanned several worlds, something we didn't know until it was too late. Humanity is a second class race, but we are not the only ones. The Empire jumped from world to world, offering exactly the same and their kindness netted them an army of millions, all at their beck and call. So now throughout space, our kind is just one of many others who exist to serve the Nevrales. We are servents, delivery boys, office assistants, cleaners. The Neverales are our captains, our bosses, our leaders.

And then the Verlolian's came. A primitive race of shamanistic aliens from a backwards planet, they took the Nevralesan Empire and pointed the guns that they gave them back at their heads. Their cunning and violence built them their own fleet and their own war. The Verlolians are fighting back. What are we going to do about it?

Other Games

These are settings that I really like playing, but don't have any specific ideas for.

• Medieval Fantasy.
    • Science Fiction.
    • Survival Horror.
    • Feudal Japan.
    • Steampunk.
    • Cyberpunk.

• World of Warcraft.
    • James Cameron's Avatar.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

danyata
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Looking for RP partner(s)!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jajganker on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 pm

• Medieval Fantasy

I am willing to do this one.
I hope you do not mind that I prefer to play male characters. I am more accustomed to them, and I do my best to spruce up my characters. I am quite literate, and I am perfectly willing to help with an idea for the story. After all, this would be my specialty. However, I must warn you that I live in MST. That would mean it's about 9:10 where I am right now.
"Meet me once again down off Lake Michigan where we can feel the storm blowing down with the wind. And don't apologize for all the tears you've cried. You've been way too strong now for all your life."-Closer to Love by Mat Kearney

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jajganker
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Looking for RP partner(s)!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:38 am

Just so you know- I've sent a PM about your first idea!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!