Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for Partners

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Looking for Partners

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryRed on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Hey all. It's been a while since I've been online. Summer's approaching - I'm just finishing up my finals now, and then I've got the whole summer off! Except I'm going to be working. Just a head's up. But as it is, I'm a little bit desperate for some good partners to entertain myself throughout the time that I'm around.

I've got several ideas, which I'll mention below. First, I have some must-reads.

- I want literacy. I don't care what we're doing, one-liners will not work.
- I am not interested in 'only' playing female/male. Please don't message me if you're not comfortable playing both.
- I don't want plain old smut. No.
- I prefer to role play over PMs.
- Message me with your favourite cookie if you've read this.
- I love three to six paragraph replies, but I'm willing to start with one or two until we get into it!
- MM or FF is preferred, but I'm somewhat willing to do MF if we have a good plot.
- Sci-fi is great.
- Fantasy is great.
- Supernatural is great.
- Realism is okay, so long as we have a decent plot.
- I like to explore as we go.

ALSO. What I really, really like is to throw a starter-post in, rather than flesh out every single little detail of the role play. I like to get the basic questions out of the way- who what where in the beginning- and then just see where it goes.

Basically: If you are willing to give what you get, and we've got something to work from, I'd be happy to role play with you.

EDIT : Ideas are listed below.
Last edited by CherryRed on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherryRed
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Looking for Partners

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryRed on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Bump, plus an added list of more thought-out ideas because I actually ended up typing them out.

1 /
A family of three moves into a haunted house. One parent, one step parent, and one child. Turns out, the biological parent not present is a murderer that's just escaped jail (though the family doesn't know that) and is coming to hunt them down. The child (who I would prefer to be in their late teens) has no idea who this murderer-parent is. Has never known. Was hoping to play the ghost, and a family member (doesn't matter which).

2 /
There's a hidden non-twilight vampire country that is basically unknown to the human population. The governments keep it hush-hush. Any travelers are given routes that avoid this country. Any trespassers onto that country is taken captive by a vampire ruler. A reporter/researcher/whatever ends up in that country for whatever reason and is dragged into that life. Whether they end up as food for the vampire ruler, or just a companion, or whether it ends in war can be determined either way. Willing to play either or.

3 /
A human is accidentally beamed on board an alien ship, instead of a missing crew member. Can take place on Earth, where the story's around how the crew member ends up trying to fit into society and building a high-tech home for themselves, or could take place around the human trying to learn how to cope with being on the brand new ship. OR maybe not a human at all, but the two species (one on ship and one on planet) are at war, and the crew accidentally picks up an enemy while basically on the run.. and the enemy has to slowly integrate into the ranks of their hated.. uhm.. enemies. If that makes any sense. Willing to play any role, though this will need a bit of working out.

4 /
Merpeople are hunted for heir blood, scales, magical abilities, and to be kept as pets. They are very, very, very profitable. Hence why so many men and women become hunters. A merperson is laying around on shore one day when a hunter happens to sneak up on them- a rare thing. But the merperson casts a spell before the hunter can stop them, and the merperson grows legs! Better yet, as human as the merperson is, the longer they're kept from the ocean... the less they remember from their ocean life. It's a self defense mechanism. Could go anywhere. Was hoping to be the merperson, but willing to negotiate.

5 /
Guardians come up in a bottle- or, they used to. Ancient times, everybody found their guardian as they grew of age. If they lived by the forest, they can find their bottle in there. If they're in a desert, it'll be uncovered in the sand. If they live near the ocean, they find it on the waves of the ocean. A person would pick up their guardian, and they would make friends with them hopefully. Then a person could either a/ keep them in the bottle and throw them back, or they could b/ let them out. If they let them out, their guardian would remain bottle-sized until a danger occurred.. and there are conditions which could render the guardian human. Not many. Guardians have minimal magical ability. And they've been gone for so long that they're nothing more than a story- until one day a bottle appears on a shore during a beach/camping/whatever day. Was hoping to be the guardian.

6 /
Dreamwalkers can wake people up, or put them to sleep - even to the point of comas. They can help a person to keep away nightmares, and manipulate dreams. When they dreamwalk, they can die if they die in the dream, just like they would die if somebody killed their physical body. They're often used to cure insomnia, PTSD, and for just good mental health. Except now, there's a whole new race hunting down the dream walkers by invading the dream's by which they're walking and killing them... and there are humans that tend to enjoy walking in and killing the walker's bodies while they're dreamwalking. Dreamwalkers only rest while in a state of dreamwalking. Was hoping to play dream walker, though would settle for being antiwalker (ie; bad guy).

7 /
As a kid, friend one killed friend two's father. Friend two's father was severely absusive. Friend one got caught, and in the end friend one got locked away. Friend two's mother couldn't handle the loss, and three months later committed suicide, leaving friend two with extended family or no family. Years later, when asked, friend one publicly tells press that he would do it again, to any abusive person, with out any hesitation. Friend one was supposed to enter the prison system... but friend one was brilliant, and escaped. The press/news/media have the story completely covered. Can go any which way, willing to be either or. No preference

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherryRed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryRed on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:42 am

Bump! Still looking. Just as a warning, I will try, but I may not be able to post every day.

CherryRed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Hello CherryRed!

I'm currently seeking a partner or two to fill in a few recently opened spots in my availability. I'm highly interested in idea number 2, though could be coaxed into idea 4, 6, or 7 with some elaboration. Just a note before hand, I only roleplay via threads (on the forums) so if that's not comfortable for you I understand.

If you're interested please send me a PM to discuss the basics. I, like you, prefer to just dive right in!

-Mod

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryRed on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Still looking for one or two...

CherryRed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryRed on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Bump again...?

CherryRed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poisonous on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:32 am

I got your pm but I can't reply back to you that way just yet :s I am interested in roleplaying with you though! I'm in love with your 7 idea personally, but I also really like 2 if you're looking to do that one more c:

poisonous
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:54 pm

If you're still looking for someone else to roleplay with, I'd certainly be up for your third idea; I haven't played any good sci fi in a while and something like that can lead to a lot of interesting development. Other than that, all of your other ideas (except number one) sound like they'd be fun, so I'd be willing to go with any of them if you were more invested in those.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryRed on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Awesome! Thank you both very much for replying. :) I would be more than happy to roleplay with both of you! Idea number seven sounds just fine to me, Poisonous. I understand not being able to reply over the PM's yet- though getting those ten posts in shouldn't be a problem.

Sending you a PM now shortly, Lifecharacter. I would be more than happy to play out idea number three.

CherryRed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Hello. I have a sci-fi idea if you are interested to hear it. Please pm me if you are still looking for partners.
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!