Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Looking for players that wish to learn D&D 3.5...

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Looking for players that wish to learn D&D 3.5...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:44 am

... or anyone wishing to play level one characters in a low level adventure setting,

I will only be accepting three more players at this time. The only source allowed for now is the Player's Handbook(PHB for future reference). I will be using d20srd.com extensively to help new players who might not have the PHB. I have a pre-made adventure I will be using, since it is easiest to run with a premade adventure for teaching D&D. The adventure itself is not too long, so we should be able to move on to a new adventure relatively quickly.

Vat and Friar Inn
Last edited by Rensik on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not lost.
I'm right here.
Yet where "here" is,
I have no idea.

When I figure it out,
I'll let you know,
so that you can be,
"not lost" with me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rensik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Looking for players that wish to learn D&D 3.5...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:49 am

I might. I don't really know. Pretty much the only thing I know about D&D is the name and that is like one of the oldest/most popular rps.
Two wrongs do not make a right. However, three lefts do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:16 am

Well, if you wish to learn, you can start by reading the sections of d20srd.com that I specify in the rules of the game. If you wish to learn as you play, you may by joining Vat and Friar Inn.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Ok thanks. I'll check that out and possibly submit a character once I figure out mostly how it works.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:16 pm

I can help if needed. That's sorta the point of asking for new players to the system :P

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Normally I'm a fan of higher-level games (usually starting around 5th level or higher), because then you can get all the "cutting your teeth" adventures against orcs, goblins and skeletons out of the way in the background.

1st level, PHB only, Final Destination? I think I can dig this. What do you guys have so far?

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Right now we have an Elven Ranger. We still need a Rogue, Healer, and Tank/Controller character.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Ugh, rangers. Especially at 1st level, when they haven't even picked a fighting style yet, they seem way too much like watered-down fighters. And you didn't even mention the arcane caster in that list.

Eh, when in doubt, make a bard. They can go anywhere and do anything, and they do it as only they can. One question, though...I take it we'll be using the associated chat rooms that come with a tab RP for ability score generation?

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Yeah, we can roll ability scores in the RP tab.

And yes, the ranger before fighting style is pretty much a watered down fighter. This is ok because the player is brand new to the game. The class is simple to start off with, but has enough options to grow into, unlike the fighter that doesn't get very many options in core. I feel it's the perfect class to learn D&D 3.5 with.

As for Arcane Casters, that would be the Controller I mentioned. Most arcane spells deal with control, rather than outright offense. Sure, a mainstay is Magic Missile, but a good arcanist doesn't focus on offense as much as they look for spells to help control the tide of battle. That's what I mean by Controller.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 am

...I might actually look into this. My dad always told me he'd teach me to play, but never had enough time. Might have a better chance looking to learn this way. :P ..Though I won't be able to make a character right away; maybe after I've looked through the rules and everything.
Hi peoples! If you're interested in a rp partner, let me know. Im always looking for a new rp to get into!

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:02 pm

That's fine. I can always assist if needed.

To be honest, I don't really expect players to know how to create characters. If they do, or wish to try on their own, I don't mind, but I'm here to help. That's the whole point of this game anyways, for learning.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 am

Edit: Never mind; stupid question. I should have paid a little more attention to that one. ...However...it looks like I'm going to end up with plenty of questions later on. I'll do what I can for now...and ask about those later, if I can't find the answer myself.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 pm

ok, I'm changing the character sheet for you guys. Be sure to look in the OOC for it.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to bow out of this game for a couple of reasons:

1) This game is primarily for newcomers to the system, which I am most definitely not.
2) On a lark, I randomly generated a race/class combination of a gnome barbarian, but the ability scores of 15, three 13s, 11 and 8 make it virtually unplayable.

Good luck, Rensik.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:06 pm

QB :((

Your presence would have been most useful/helpful. You don't have to keep the randomly rolled character if you don't want.

I do plan on introducing new materials as the game goes along, and possibly even different play styles. So if you want in then, just let me know. I don't plan on keeping the limit of 4 players forever. Though I will have to limit it to 4 players per group.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Hmm, sounds interesting though only using the PHB is a little limiting. I could probably get into it. I also have a copy of all the 3.5 books on my computer if you need any references.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:24 pm

I already have enough sources myself :P

Anywho, the reason for the PHB only is because it's as QB said. This is a starter's game. I don't mind if experienced players wish to help, but you gotta help. With QB gone, I now have space for another player again.

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Alright, if you have space then I'd be glad to play. Now, you say PHB; does this include the other core books like the Dungeon Masters Guide?

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rensik on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:17 pm

No. PHB only. 1st Level. PHB races and classes. This is a standard 1st level adventure I'm running for now. Simple and sweet. Just enough of a challenge for the beginners. (there's three, if they would all apply already >.<)

Rensik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:21 pm

So, would you mind if I made a character or is three all your taking?

Vain
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!