Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Looking for someone to RP with and/or a RP to be involved in

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.
Just as the title suggests I'm after someone to RP with and/or an RP someone would like to invite me to. I'm not really sure what RPs at the moment are open but if you're looking for someone and think Vinnie may fit into it please let me know. I will say though sometimes I can be a little delayed in my replies but I always try and make an effort in my posts. I hate being lazy in my RPs.

I do have an RP happening on the side but the replies haven't been too often (understandably so I might add) and I just want another RP I can be involved in to fill in the gaps if anyone out there is willing. Plus I'm a little shy when it comes to just jumping in so that's another reason I'm asking for a willing vict-...er...I mean...role player to role play with.

Thanks!
"It's time to rock...and RIDE!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Looking for someone to RP with and/or a RP to be involved in

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:58 pm

Hey there-

What kind of characters do you roleplay with? I ask because in the Fantasy section I'm currently involved with two different RP's that you could look at. The first one Lockdown at Cordova has stalled a bit, but it still lives. It's about a high school that has become imprisoned by an unknown force who is going through the school and killing the students. Basically you need to find a way out without dying.

Plot Synopsis:
Okay, the point of this RPG is simple. It takes place in our world [on Earth] in the normal time period [20th century]. You’re either going to be a student, teacher, or other faculty type person, such as a security officer, or even a cook. The killer/monster role has been taken already. The phone lines are down and there’s no contact with the outside world, not even e-mail. You can’t just bust out through the walls despite the fact that they were once like every day cement based school walls. Since all of the doors, windows, and anything else that leads outside is gone, there’s no escaping the school in a normal way. To clarify, the doors heading into the classrooms, library, auditorium, ect, are not gone, just the ones that lead outside. The vents that run above the school still open up into each classroom and restroom but they do not lead outside, they just end.

Be creative on ways to get out and on evading the killer. Please post at least a paragraph or more for your post and use spell check and read over your posts for clarity. Do not power play another person’s character. No one post kills and no god-moding. I think that’s about all. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. If you want more details about the school, feel free to PM me.

The second one is Dreaming of Death This rp is my roommate's rp and has stalled, but is still going.

Plot Synopsis:

It has been five hundred years since Gregory; The Dark One walked the earth. So much of what he had once done has become nothing more than a myth. It was said he slaughtered the innocent. That he brought with him a reign of terror. For one town they are about to learn the history is not always written as truth. That facts can’t be trusted. Darkness is falling and all will soon be revealed. In this place of death, where monsters roam the country side and children’s nightmares are that of reality. Who will you side with? Do you dare to sleep? To dream? When all of your thoughts and nightmares could become that of reality. Be wary. For until the curse is lifted, no one will be able to leave. You will forever be trapped within this land unless truth can be found. For until the dark one is able to rest in peace, he will forever allow the evil to spread.

Everyone lives in this town and no one has tried to leave. It is not thought of and even if it were it would not be possible. Allow your characters to develop as the story moves along, which means you do not have to post a profile for this one. No God Mode. No one is invincible and no one is immortal. Though most NPC nightmare characters can’t be killed without a truth being reviled. To many lies have taken place within the town and each person will have one or more confessions that will need to be made to help free the town while searching for the truth of Gregory’s past. No Guns. No heavy magic, seers and small spells would be allowed. Such as spells dealing with the elements. Pretty much this is a free form RP and rule number one will be to have fun and be descriptive.

If neither of those fit your fancy, feel free to check out the other forums because there are a lot of good rpg's going on. Don't hesitate to PM the owner of the RP and ask if you can join and where you would fit in. Good luck!

-April/Faith-
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

First off thank you for your response, it is much apreciated! Secondly, as awesome as both those sound I'm not sure how well my character may fit into the storyline. Basically my character's a Martian Biker Mouse From Mars so while I could make him say a security officer or a trainee or something again, being sci-fi based makes it difficult. Unless of course you don't mind this?

The other RP sounds great too though so I could always try and make a second character or something and try that one out too. Likewise if Vinnie can't fit into the first RP you mentioned.

Apart from that the only concern like I said is that of wether or not Vinnie would fit into either scenario and since he is known for using guns that kind of puts him out of one of the RP possibilities. But they both sound awesome!

Thanks again for your help!

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:21 pm

Ah, I see. I would check around the other sections and see what's going on with them. There are quite a few different rp's and I haven't a clue since I stick mainly in Fantasy. I really need to branch out. Good luck!

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:24 pm

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE YOUR OWN RPG!!!

And attract some RPing flies with your RPG honey in RP Advertisements.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

I so totally did! lol! But I just don't seem to be getting too far with it (even though it is good) so I'm looking for something else.

But...the RP Advertiser knew not about did I. Thanks! ^..^

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:10 pm

Why not join the Kingdom Hearts - The Black Beginning. It is just starting and there are still many character to be chosen from.
http://www.freewebs.com/orikalkos/index.htm

Join Orikalkos, and RP on our forum.

Serpaara-
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Hmm...Sure, but do you think Vinnie would really fit in? I'm guessing so but *shrugs* you know, just making sure, lol. Also where exactly would I find it and do I need an invite first?

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:05 am

It is in fantasy. Just pick a character or make one of your own, and post it. I'll let you know if it acceptable or not.

Serpaara-
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:24 am

Transformers RP!:

/Plug

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=2583

\Plug

isafos
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.