Looking for a Sparring partner? Look here first!!!

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: Looking for a Sparring partner? Look here first!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:36 pm

I'll take you, Kyin.

I'll run my Witcher, just ignore his powers as this will be a realistic fight: roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/joseph-stone-crane

I'll let you create the thread, if you accept.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grahf
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyin on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 pm

I'm game. I'll post it sometime later tonight, or tomorrow. It depends on if I get too tired while typing. :D
"Let your dreams fade away; i`ll shatter what you thought to be reality."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyin
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSummerian on Wed May 09, 2012 4:37 am

Looking for someone to match against my ritualist. He's mid tier and uses a lot of magical equipment and knowledge to make up for his lack of natural talent. Oh and he has a tame wyvern that he uses to carry his gear and protect him while casting. Anyone care to face him ?

TheSummerian
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby prygus on Wed May 09, 2012 7:23 pm

I'll take you, TheSummerian. If its acceptable, I'd like to use my alchemist. I've yet to use him in a fight, but he's mid-tier as well. If you can stand the fact that he's history-less (I'm still working on that), I'm game. Feel free to create a thread and such if you accept.

Julian Luthor
"Sir, the enemy has us completely surrounded."
"Excellent, that means we can attack in any direction."

prygus
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSummerian on Wed May 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Go for it. I will put up a thread later on today.

Heres my character sheet btw.

roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/hector

They share a lot in common and I think its a pretty even match up.

TheSummerian
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCharismaticCryo on Tue May 15, 2012 9:26 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Powered.

Tier: I would guess Mid-Tier, check out my character.

HoR: yes? Truthfully, I don't know what this is.

Post limit: Lets shoot for 15?

Match time limit: Just till it's done or you feel like quitting, but not too much unannounced time between posts.

Character I am using: Faustus!

Setting:It will be a magical grassland that they have been torn out of their daily lives and told to fight.

Additional info: I would like to have a little sparring match for this character. I need to understand how he feels as I fight with him, and I need to get more in touch with him. I would like to understand his power limits, what is too much, what is not enough. So this isn't serious at all....obviously, it is a spar!

He has a darkness ability that can be solid darkness, but has a secondary effect of being fear-inducing. Keep that in mind. I am very fair with what hits my character, or I try to be, and I am open to suggestion if my post seemed a bit toopower-playing or god-modding. I mean after all, when you fight I can understand you don't want your character to lose, and while typing you get into a sort of high and forget about some details...or at least I do. :) I look forward to our battle...and am I to assume we post our battle in the battle arena labeled "Faust vs. So-And-So"?

TheCharismaticCryo
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Tue May 22, 2012 11:20 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Enhanced

Tier: Low tier

HoR: (dont care)

Post limit: none

Match time limit: 1 week/post

Character I am using: roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/angelo_satsugaisha

Setting:
A mysterious rose garden, in which an elegant marble roadway lines the path of the sun and moon across the sky. Near the center of the road lies a fountain that depicts in elegant detail the rising of an angel, wings spread wide in anticipation of flight, and hedges made of a mysterious rose bushline the sides. If someone would dare to leave the openness of the road and into these hedges, they would enter a dangerous maze of winding bushes and low walls that are impassable except for weaving their way through.

Additional info:

This is a playtest for the idea of a random arena. You, as the character, are mostly in charge of navigating the maze if you dare come through it, and are put into the arena knowing its dangers. Traps, and the highly toxic nature of the rose thorns themselves, fill the narrow lanes, and to represent this I would like to try using an online dice roller.

The rules for the dice are as follows: You roll two different six sided dice (either electronically or irl, posting a picture afterwards). The first is the number of rounds before the next trap, and the second is which trap will be there so long as you remain in the arena.
1: tripwire, hard to spot if caught running the turn it is triggered.
2: Pit trap: Spans the entire path, and if trapped, it takes a full round to get out.
3: White Bells: The roses "ring" and give away your location for 2 rounds
4: you are able to pass freely through the roses without being affected by their toxin.
5: Darts: The rose bushes fire darts at you, that you must avoid or lose an attack/defense action next round.
6: Teleports you back to the fountain.

pioneercadet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue-red on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Tier: I'd say around Mid tier.

HoR: N

Post limit: N/A

Match time limit: N/A

Character I am using: roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/leer-suji

Setting: Sparring platform in forest area.

Additional info: PM me if you want to fight.
I'm Blue and Red is me!

Blue-red
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheNoremac42 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:27 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Tier: Uhhh… low-mid? Still a bit confused on the difference between the tiers.

HoR: No

Post limit: None

Match time limit: To the death

Character I am using: Al'myaz Malgun

Setting: Al’myaz Malgun, a Muhari assassin of the world of Kroniktus, has been assigned a mission by his superiors as a test of the progress of his training. Despite the incredibly tight security surrounding the Aryites’ inter-dimensional gate in Lion’s Mane City, he manages to cross over through the portal. He has now landed on a desolate backwater world in search of his target – you.

Additional info: This will be my first fight in the Battle Arena, so I am still learning the ropes. PM if you have any questions and so we can work out the details.
Constructive criticism welcomed.

TheNoremac42
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:01 am

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Realistic

Tier: Low tier

HoR: No

Post limit: To death or to fifty posts each, whichever come first.

Match time limit: N/A

Character I am using: The Renegade http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-rough-riders/characters/the-renegade

Setting: A large arena. A large field in the center surrounded by pine tree forest.

Additional info: First arena fight, so bear with me if I screw something up. PM me with your character and I will either confirm or decline your fight.
Gotta Go Fast

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 4 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Directed to: TheNoremac42

I have sent you a PM.

Deallo
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Been a bit, looking to shake off the cobwebs.

If someone wants to battle, hit me up...I'll be running a new fighter: Nuriel-01

She is rather high-end, kitted out to take on Powered level fighters, but can be restricted to a melee status if needed.

PM me, or some such thing should you wanna play. HoR is upto you, I have an account so we can document it if you wanna.

Im setting a time limit, I don't feel like waiting like weeks for a post...so if I hear nothing after two days I'll call the fight and start lookin again. No limit on posts, it'll go until it's done.

Grahf
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:56 pm

EDIT: Unrealistic Melee (Thank you Pheonix)

Looking for an opponent for my character, Ray of the Blades.

As I said, not exactly sure what tier he is classed as. The profile has the specifics, but he is a heavily armed drow blademaster, and several of these weapons are augmented, whether by magic or poison. Other than a single extra power, he's a straight up fighter. A talented one, but simply a fighter.

Anyone interested, please send me a PM.

Setting: A grassy clearing in the middle of a forest. Clearing would be roughly 350ft in diameter, irregularly edged. The forest itself would be a legitimate battlefield option, since I don't believe in confining battles to a 'set' area.

Post Limit: No post limit, though would prefer a bit of depth to posts.

Final note: I would like to enter this in HoR, and if no responses are posted within two days, I will send a PM. Another three days without a PMed response or a post, and I will consider it a forfeit.

Please don't do that to me. I hate default wins. ;)
Last edited by Lobos on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Lobos
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix6000 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Lobos wrote:Bah. Tried looking for a generalized listing of power level tiers, but I couldn't find one. Anyways...

Looking for an opponent for my character, Ray of the Blades.

As I said, not exactly sure what tier he is classed as. The profile has the specifics, but he is a heavily armed drow blademaster, and several of these weapons are augmented, whether by magic or poison. Other than a single extra power, he's a straight up fighter. A talented one, but simply a fighter.

Anyone interested, please send me a PM.

Setting: A grassy clearing in the middle of a forest. Clearing would be roughly 350ft in diameter, irregularly edged. The forest itself would be a legitimate battlefield option, since I don't believe in confining battles to a 'set' area.

Post Limit: No post limit, though would prefer a bit of depth to posts.

Final note: I would like to enter this in HoR, and if no responses are posted within two days, I will send a PM. Another three days without a PMed response or a post, and I will consider it a forfeit.

Please don't do that to me. I hate default wins. ;)

Interesting arsenal, how ever your drow's tier can be measured by the extent of his abilities. Is he super fast and powerful, physically? If not then you're most likely looking for an unrealistic melee battle.
Best in the World
StaticPlume: 4 // Guru (Adam Newsome): 0
Phoenix: 1 // Fenris of Olfwood: 0
Phoenix: 1 // Mesiphidon, the Son of Ruin: 0

Phoenix6000
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheoul on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:08 am

Still looking for a fight if anyone's interested. Kinda mid-to-high-tier, nothing too special. Only thing I'm against is teleportation and time manipulation, anything else is cool, I suppose.

Sheoul
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crennos92 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:20 pm

I want in on this, I haven't been able to push my limit for quite a long time and I've gotten rusty since then. Now that I've found a good play with good rp'ers I need to brush up on my skills again

Crennos92
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xaih on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Just looking for a spar, nothing too serious. I haven't fought in a while, and I'm looking forward to fight anyone.

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Tier: High Tier.

HoR: No.

Post limit: None.

Match time limit: Till death, or any other way the match cannot go further.

Character I am using: Character is Xaih, first one posted, just without the swords. (I haven't edited this character sheet in yeeeears, haha.)

http://roleplayerguild.com/showthread.p ... ost3776030

Setting: A sandbar, which is 400 feet long, about 150 feet wide, granting enough space on land and, of course, much space in the water if chosen to. The sandbar is close to a small island by about a mile.

Additional info: PM me if you are interested. I'm pretty much open to fighting anyone, so don't be shy. :) I'm looking forward to it!
The ocean is salty because of the tears of misunderstood sharks who only wanted a hug.

Xaih
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightshade2012 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:20 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Tier: Mid-Tier

HoR: (Y/N)

Post limit: None. We fight until death.

Match time limit:None.

Character I am using: roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/blade-x-4

Setting: The moon, near the Apollo Moon Landing. Make sure you can breath!

Additional info: PM if interested.

Nightshade2012
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrphicTrumpeter on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Umm... well, I suppose it would be powered. Um, because she has a supernatural ability?

Tier: Low-tier. I'm a newbie at melee fighting, this is just so that I can slowly ease into it.

HoR: This is... the Hall of Records? I guess I don't mind entering into the Hall of Records, but I'll probably lose. xD

Post limit: No limit.

Match time limit: Hmm... I've got nothing.

Character I am using: Gunnr Amsel

In this RP, she's supposed to be getting randomized powers from injections. So, as far as this character goes, consider her power for now electricity.

Setting: I don't really care where. Actually, that's a lie, can we not have a battle in space? Anywhere that could feasibly be on Earth, provided it's not underwater, is fine.

Additional info: @_@ I'm super, super new at melee fighting. I'm better at ranged fighting and I fight a lot of people ranged vs. melee. So I would like to try fighting someone who is also melee this time.

OrphicTrumpeter
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bladewolf175 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 am

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style:Powered.

Tier: Low-Mid tier

HoR: n

Post limit:One paragraph

Match time limit:until one gives or we stop posting?

Character I am using: roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/ouka-frostfang

Setting:Open field with plenty of leg room.

I am trying to get the rust off. After reading my first battle in gambits I realized I need to spar. Pm me. :3
ImageImage Image

bladewolf175
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!