Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Looking to make a serious roleplay, anyone interested?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Looking to make a serious roleplay, anyone interested?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightfall on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 am

I've come back after a long time, and I've been wanting to roleplay again. I want to do a serious roleplay that isn't 1x1, or is romance/high school related. I was thinking either sci-fi or fantasy, though what kind exactly I'm not sure yet. I'm open to discuss ideas with others. Just let me know if you're interested.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightfall
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Looking to make a serious roleplay, anyone interested?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Hey there, Nightfall! I've been on a bit of a hiatus myself, and have been looking to get back into the swing of things. However, as of yet, I haven't really had a good opportunity to begin.

As far as not wanting to do a cliched highschool romance story, I can definitely understand that. It gets a bit repetitive after a while, and there aren't many opportunities for good fantasy or sci-fi RP by comparison. So, I'd definitely be willing to throw my hat into the ring for an RP with a small cast of dedicated writers willing to stick it out for the long haul - although I must warn you, sometimes romantic subplots just happen with me. I'm a sucker for warm fuzzy feels in otherwise serious settings, so if that's a no-no, then please warn me straight up.

Regardless, did you have anything specific in mind for plot, setting, or character roles? Or were you looking to brainstorm for ideas with whoever was interested?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightfall on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello. I'm glad someone else is wanting to do a more serious roleplay. As for the romance thing, subplots are fine, I just don't want to do stories that are solely focused on them. I feel like there are too many of those.

Anyways, I'm not quite sure yet as to what kind of roleplay want I want to start. I was hoping either a sci-fi story or a fantasy one, whichever one works. If you have any ideas, let me know. I'll brainstorm with you and we can hopefully make something really good. If I come up with anything, I'll be sure to let you know as well.

Nightfall
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Well, I find that usually, if you're trying to make a more serious, character-focused story, it's best to start by coming up with an idea for what sort of character you'd like to play and working from there, fitting the story to its cast rather than the other way around. So, that being said, did you have a specific character you wanted to play, or...?

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightfall on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:54 pm

I see. I'll let you know when I've come up with a good idea.

Nightfall
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Sounds like a plan, in that case. I'll be looking forward to it!

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talidara on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:24 am

I am looking for a roleplay that isn't high school (or fanfiction, the amount of fanfiction roleplays is getting insane) too, and I enjoy fantasy and sci-fi so if you come up with an idea I'll be very likely to be interested :)

Talidara
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Agreed on multiple counts. I've been gone nearly 1 year from here but given the right RP with the right tone, I'm game.

The 1x1 I've never even done except wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the dial up AOL days.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:10 am

I'm down. I have been on hiatus for almost 5 years. I began my rp days in Ayenne back in Yahoo Chat! in the user rooms. Those were fun days.
I'm down for Sci-fi or Fantasy. I also agree on the high school romance/romance driven plots. It's kinda old... really old actually. I don't mind it being a subplot, but not the main focus like you Nightfall. Ive never done 1x1, only groups of 3+ people.

I'll start brainstorming some idea's and see if I can't send them off to you. I just need to get a bit of homework done first for my practicum!
Have fun, Don't get lost, Don't fall in. Three essential rules of life - KameJLa

KameJLa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:51 pm

You have my interest, but I have no current ideas atm, especially since I am working on 2 stories. I've been roleplaying since 2000 back when Yahoo! Clubs was still around. So yeah plenty of experience here. I will admit though, I've become very picky. If you do come up with with an idea for an rpg though, please don't make us fill out complicated graphic character sheets. That's become a pet peeve of mine and the most successful RPGs I've been part of, well, the character sheets didn't have to be so detailed since we all knew our characters were going to go through changes.

I do love fantasy more than sci-fi though. First RPGs I got involved with were mostly those. I will admit, I am a huge romantic, but as long as the storyline and concept are interesting enough for me, I am game. I do miss roleplaying a great deal too. It's really hard to find roleplays where the people are dedicated. I am able to play multiple characters too.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:31 am

Oh my goodness so many people from Yahoo Ayenne days! someone should make a thred so we can all connect again and catch up. I went by Sammeh at the time! I was everywhere in those rooms. XD

For idea's I will have to type some up when I get a chance. I am just headed out to the city (yes I live in the bushes in a wee small town), so I will post them to this forum when I get back if it is not too terribly late.

KameJLa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:55 pm

LOL, well, my screen name was Clair195. Hey Kame, do you remember Geocities and a few of the other free making websites back in the day? One RPG I was in used one of those websites for like character profiles and background information. Most of the RGiers I was involved with were mostly High schoolers or young college students (like me). Most successful RPG I was ever in actually completed one storyline and almost finished the sequal to it. Most rpgs I see now are lucky enough to even get started. Sad really.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm in where ever El Gringo is in. Been waiting ages for the right game with serious writers

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Yeah, I just wanna say yo! The feeling is mutual! I need to get back in the groove with something good! Sci-fi and fantasy is where it's at. I've come back and, well, it's a sad sight when looking at what sort of standards roleplays have these days. Let's revive the good old stuff.

I just made a topic that proposed an interesting (albeit typical) backdrop for any sort of fantasy roleplay. You could take a look at it if it gives anybody any inspiration for roleplay plot ideas. rocks-fire-and-weeds-fantasy-roleplay-concept-t104230.html

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pirrian on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Heya, I'm kinda' new to role playing in experience, but I have certainly wanted to participate in a more serious RP. I do prefer more of a sci-fi base, but I'm flexible. If the characters and/or the plot in iterating, I'd be more than down for the long haul.
I'm just a person, usually...

Pirrian
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Not sure if you're still looking at this, but I'd definitely like to throw my hat into this ring. I've also been on a hiatus for a while now. So long that I don't have the email my old account for this site was under. So I had to just make a new one.

Anyway, I've been roleplaying for about 14 years now and I prefer more serious, gritty settings where characters are challenged and forced to question their loyalties and alignments. Also, I personally prefer like modern fantasy rps. So if that's what you're thinking about, I'm totally in! If anyone wanted, we could always start up a chatango or chatzy chatroom to brainstormm together. I'd be happy to help with the plotting. I've been a DM/GM on many sites and in many roleplays.

Either way! I'd love updates on this to see what happens :-)

cheshiretrickter
Member for 7 years

Likel many here I am not new to the site but took a break due to a lack of decent options. I am always good for character driven, darker, in depth plot, etc.

Also hey Gringo and Faith - been a while.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DevilishFae on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Hey ladies and gents, i dont know how many of you feel about the multiverse, but im on a mission to reignite a part of it. looking down this list of comments, i can see many similarities to my world in the multiverse.

Cortex is a planet that is fantasy based with its own magic system ( a language i am creating) it has a sci fi/steampunk themed city.

I'm looking to assist people in building characters, places and arcs that are deep, entertaining and allow for various styles of roleplaying.

For example in the city, i'm looking for characters to come help build small parts of the larger city and give them character of their own. For example a characters story leads them to build an inn, in which somehow they conduct gang business from. Or a government official that want to runa campaign for the people. I'm also welcoming races to the planet, if for example someone wanted to create a race of vampires dragons elves merfolk, i'd see that they would have the capability to do so. The world itself is largely unexplored, but is diverse in its biomes, which allows me to facilitate this way.

As for plot, overarching the planet is my Corporation called Helix. They are essentially a nation that will interact on all levels off roleplay whether it be an individual encounter or a full scale diplomatic negotiation. eventually id like the planet/civillisation to evolve bringing your ideas into the mix thus blurring the boundaries of my imagination and expanding it.

Information regarding Cortex can be found here...
roleplay/the-multiverse/places/cortex <---map
https://imgur.com/p4odu8H <---detailed

Information regarding Helix can be found here:
roleplay/the-multiverse/groups/the-helix-corporation

Honestly i'll look to incorporate any ideas you have, whether they be plotlines, places or characters/races. If you are interested and aren't sure exactly where you could fit in come talk to me about what you enjoy roleplaying and ill be more than happy to help you out.

All the best,
Fae.

DevilishFae
Member for 7 years
Group Theory Author Arc Warden Promethean Friendly Beginnings Maiden Voyager Storyteller Property Buyer Lifegiver Person of Interest Visual Appeal Salesman

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!