Oh lord what am i doing hi hello

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Oh lord what am i doing hi hello

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nat1embodied on Sat May 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Hello! I'm a walking disaster of a human being so Imma just use the suggested questions for how to introduce yourself bc I'm nothing but a pleb.

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?

I am nat 1 embodied, but I go by Oli. I chose it bc i am the physical embodiment of what rolling a natural 1 represents

2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?

I was reverse-google-searching a gif I was using for a face claim and BAM it was from here so I still have no idea what it was from, but now this is happening so that's a plus I guess.

3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?

I was one of those cringey 10 year old role players unless you know that's you in which case you're totally rad! keep being awesome! don't let anyone tell you how to have fun! back in 2009. In the last year or so I got really into DnD, but my party never meets up so I'm starting to get withdrawl. It occurred to me that forums like this are a good way to get my fix so I'm back lmao

4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?

Just... more role play I guess. And new friends instead of just cycling the same three strangers on discord.

5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.

Pretty much anything. I've just got a real passion for story telling, no matter the setting. I just love creating a character and exploring a world or making my own but we'll have to wait til im a bit more confident before i share them online whoops

6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?

Certified nerd, so everything that goes with that territory. You know, comics not like Marvel or DC tho they just confuse me, I love independent comicbook writers, movies, ttrpgs, video games, the usual

7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD

I'm one of those edgy art students who draws and writes comics and plays music and all that BS. And I guess I'm good at it lmao.

Nice to be here yeet yeet

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nat1embodied
Member for 0 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Re: Oh lord what am i doing hi hello

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue May 07, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi nat1embodied! I am so glad you are here. Now, I can finally pass the dreaded title of "walking disaster of a human being" onto someone else! Alas, I am free!

I would like to say I have been role playing for over ten years, but I have been consistently inconsistent. So. There is that... on the bright side, my profile is a bit deceiving. It only looks like I have been here for a super long time.

And three strangers on Discord?! Here I thought I was the only one...

You know, Oli, I think you are going to fit in here just fine... I am already liking your attitude! :D

~ M
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” ― Viktor E. Frankl

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Re: Oh lord what am i doing hi hello

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Fri May 10, 2019 1:55 am

Hi Embodiement! I was one of those cringly young roleplayers too, but I started here at 14 and I had ADHD haha. Sometimes I think about what I used to do and sigh.

My name is Saken and I've been here for a little over 11 years now. It's great to see you here and I hope if you have any questions you shoot a member of the team a message. Worried about going to them or just have a basic question? We have mentors and you can always message me as well!

Check out a few of the guide's in the help desk section for information on our chat system, how to move, and how to get into creating your own roleplays or joining in others.

In the mood for something a little different? We also have art threads, discussion threads, interests checks an a chat for quick roleplays!
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!