Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Eclipse: Of Men and Gods

Lore, Plot-stuffs and other Need-to-Knows.

a part of “Eclipse: Of Men and Gods”, a fictional universe by Revenant Sorrow.

A universe long since abandoned, a last desperate cry aimed towards the Gods. When a group of friends find themselves summoned to another world, things slowly take a turn towards the existential.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Eclipse: Of Men and Gods”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Lore, Plot-stuffs and other Need-to-Knows.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revenant Sorrow on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Need-to-Know 1
First of all, this entire roleplay was inspired by this prompt I came across some time back:

I know that by posting this, I'm pretty much revealing the big plot twist, but I can hardly expect people to join and keep posting if I keep railroading them for unknown plot reasons. So yeah. Hurray \o/ I learned my lesson.

Other things of Note:
- Alindor is not actually the name the realm had when it was created. Nor do any of the other names the current Alindori use match whatever the group had written together, save for a few. The summoned putting these clues together is pretty much the overarching plot, even if I have many arcs planned.

For example; Demons in Alindor still proudly consider themselves 'Children of Lilith', however little that might mean to the other races in this world. This particular example however, is negated by the fact that Lilith, in combination with demons, by this point, is a cliché in their own world. Even the 'Representative' of Lilith probably wouldn't realize the fact that they are talking about the Goddess she once choose to portray in a story the five of them created, and thus, to them, became.

- They will not actually start hearing prayers until they realise their connection to this world, and open themselves to the possibility. Until that time, any powers they are supposed to have as the 'Gods' of the setting, are suitably nerfed.

Next up:
Lore: Races pt. 1

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Revenant Sorrow
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Author Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Lore, Plot-stuffs and other Need-to-Knows.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revenant Sorrow on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:10 am

Lore: Races pt. 1

Elves:
Their once empire once the pinnacle of civilization, Elves had been in decline for a long time. This was, for a period, hidden through the upper echelons of the elves deciding to stunt the growth of other races, but this backfired a few millennia ago on them when discovered.

For a long time Elves were basically persona non grata in Alindor. This is the time that their race split up in four distinct subsections, originally by defined by their choices:
- High Elves, who, secluded in their cities, are pretty much in denial over the entire thing.
- Dark Elves literally went underground at some point, figuring that if the world is going to blame them all for the actions of a few, the other races could go screw themselves.
- Wood Elves similarly decided to seclude themselves in the Timpani Forest, foregoing the trappings of civilization, as it was that and their pride in it that led to their 'Sin'.
- 'Common' Elves are basically the one who got over themselves and decided to man up, apologize for the misdeeds of their race, and try to make amends.

Nowadays some things have changed, while other haven't.
- High Elves have generally accepted the fact that the events happened, and they were in the wrong, but still rarely venture outside of their cities. Familiarity and all that.
- Dark Elves have mellowed out a little, but also rarely show their face, mostly because of disinterest.
- Wood Elves are still the same, although far more approachable than the above two.
- 'Common' Elves have been reintegrated back into society.

Dwarves:
Regarded as something akin to conspiracy theorists for ages, especially when it came to Elves, the Dwarves were crowing to everyone and their mother when it became widely known they were <<Right All Along>> when it came to the knife ears.

For the first centuries after the Empire's fall, they were pretty much the leading race in culture or technology, having developed in secret when all other races were stunted due to their trust in the elves. While they lost that place to the humans relatively soon, they were good sports about it, even if ribbing the other race a little because of the way they caught up. Which is to say, human progress was haphazard at the best of times, were dwarves were believers of the slow and steady way.

Dwarves tend to group themselves according to what major hub-city they were born in or close to, not bothering with something like 'subspecies', since they're all dwarves anyway and wasn't that enough?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Revenant Sorrow
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Author Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!