Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Lost : Art

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:18 pm

20 minute sketch.

Sketch on paper.
Digitalized.

I guess I watermarked this.
Prints for sale.

I guess I watermarked this.
Sold for $30
Conte crayon sketch done in 1 hour and 20 minutes

Charcoal / Conte Crayon

Self Portrait circa 2009

One image form photo essay on Betrayal.
Subjects were asked to write their definition of betrayal on a piece of paper they ripped themselves.

An image about overcoming the boundaries set by others.

Expressive portrait of Brazilian model in garden of Celebrity Center, LA

Some Cat Photography.
May or may not be too huge.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Re: Lost : Art

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Haha, wow. Quite a collection you've got here. I really liked the earlier drawings that you did. They have a truly distinct feel to them. Almost looked like from a dream.

I'm a fan of the cat photos, as well. Did not expect to see that bright pink tongue in there! Haha.

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks.
They are back from when I was an art student (pre-university). I'm lucky to have developed a style so early on in life. By early I mean the 10th grade.
Expressionism. It has it's perks, and most certainly it's pitfalls.
Craftsmanship isn't my strong point, but conveyance seems to be.
As an artist, I deal mostly with the line that exists between conscious and subconscious, trying my best to capture the literal/obvious, the underlying/emotive, all while conveying some sort of message. That line is my abyss of inspiration, a mere line to all but the flecks that comprise it.

Here I go, getting artsy. Imma shut up now.

Feel free to analyze and critique.

Trying to get back into art.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Broken Picture on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 pm

All of these are really amazing! I'm still in high school, and have my electives focused on drawing and photography so these are really impressive!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Broken Picture
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks Broken Picture.

I wish you the best of luck and passion on your drawing/photography endeavors. Please do link me to your art, if you have it on here.
Are you a more technical draw-er, or a more expressive one?

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Sugarcake101 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 pm

These are great(: Especially the ones you drew.

This site needs a "Like" button so I can abuse it on your work. :p
Some say the world will end in Fire,
Some say in Ice,
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor Fire,
But if I had to Perish twice,
I think I know enough of Hate,
To say for Destruction Ice is also Great,
And would Suffice.

- Robert Frost. <3

Gir Loves You :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Sugarcake101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks Sugarcake101
I'm really trying to draw more, but...
Inspiration is rare to hit anymore :P

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Inspiration hit.
Incoming.

I have begun a series of 6.
They can be found here
on my combination pizza hut art and taco bell writing blog.

Let me know what you think.
Here are the first 3 in the set.
The second three have yet to be...completed.

IDK why this one is so big >_>

How I do/did 'dis
In a manic fit of creativity, I drew out with a average office gel ink
pen on average wal mart grade notebook paper 6 cartoons sitting
in bottles.
They are caricatures of myself.
I then photographed them using my iPhone, brought them into GIMP,
and edited the crap out of them.

The process is crude, but I like to think the result is...well...

After this set is complete, I may be revisiting faerie tale characters in this style.
The first ones I will hit will most likely be Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland.
Afterwards, Snow White and The Little Mermaid are in the lineup, potentially even
Rapunzel and Cinderella

What do you think of this style?
Do you like it?
Why?
What kind of stuff would you be interested to see in this style?

Feedback wanted

Oh! And one more thing. Here are some extremely craptastic doodles on my friends iPad.

The little mermaid. If you look close, the smoke cloud says "love" and has the outlines of two people kissing.
If you look really really close XD
The smoke is supposed to be her voice

I'm not entirely sure about this one. It's a doodle. Alice losing her innocence.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 pm

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!