Lost Connection

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Lost Connection

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:16 pm

"Don't be sorry, you did what you thought was right." Letting his finger draw figure eights on Hamakaze's hip Agidine nuzzles. "I'll stay with you to. I'm yours, just as you're mine." he said, kissing her cheek. Taking his mind off the emotions he feeling, even though their very pleasant, he glanced over the front cluster as a thought popped up. 'Should I make two more like this one day with Chi and Hama in mind?' he mused, moving the hand from her hip to her stomach.

Doing tiny circles Agidine glanced up as a bird passed. "There are times when I miss just sitting and watching the world run by. But then, before now, just sitting was beyond irritating. But that's over. Maybe, once the bigger war is over, I can bring Chi here and share this her to. It would help her put any of her remaining nightmares she still has in the past, where they belong." Tightening his grip slightly, he adds mainly to himself, "She's been through enough hell already, and I if I can save her from any more pain. Then I'm good with that. Plus she's like you, determined and caring." Agidine kissed Hamakaze's shoulder. 'That's one of the reasons I saved Chitone. Because she reminded me of you, Hama.'
-
"Content, not really, just used to to certain point. Sometimes I wished I could've persuaded you to come with when I left. But unlike me, you were the good girl and I wasn't." Vivian said, shaking her head. Making her way around, she rest her head on Lilia's shoulder. "Missed you, but I couldn't bring myself to see you. Because of the old dictatorial bastard, I choose to stay away and unintentionally hurt you. Never meant to do that to you. Aside from our adopted parents you're the thing I have in this place. Even if I never told you very often, I love you Lil." Closing her eyes, Vivian sighed softly. She knew that others, including Lilia, thought she was cold, but she wasn't really. Just reserved and somewhat untrusting of most people, thanks to the orphanage and the bastard. 'Hamakaze and Agidine not withstanding, they good people.' she thought, relaxing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Draruto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:46 am

"Agidine, we're two different people, me and Chitone are not alike. Besides, our relationship is different now..." Hamakaze unbuttoned her shirt halfway down and grabbed Agidine's hand placing it on her bare chest, "You have my heart."

You probably have Chitone's, too... Hamakaze mused for a moment averting her green eyes while she thought about it. Although she was jealous of Chitone she figured that it would fade away now that she was closer to Agidine and the barrier of being siblings was broken.

"You know, it is going to take me a while to get used to Chitone calling you dad. It's a chip on my shoulder that I need to get over with since she is a pilot and she cannot act like a child anymore. It is not the right way to deal with emotional problems."
________

Lilia took a long slig of her cigartte before putting out against the tree's roots slowly grinding it. The smoking started when that Pilot patient died the next day a few years ago and it was the only thing that kept her mind off all the problems she had to go through. She wrapped her arm around Vivian and rubbed her back gently with her hand as reassurance.

"You're being too hard on yourself. It was your choice to leave and it was my choice to stay. I just wanted to accomplish something our adoptive parents could be proud of and I am confident in my abilities now more than ever. I love you too, Vi. You're the only family I have now since we grew up together after being orphaned as infants. I am happy you're my sister."
_________

Torig and Alycia returned to the Valkyrie in the Super Wasp taking the escape pod Captain Cnyte came down in to assist in the repairs of the airship vessel.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Delve
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:46 am

"I know,was surprised when she did it the first time. But she wanted a family, and I was only one there she decided to trust." Agidine pressed hard on the hand over her heart, feeling it beat under his palm. "Both of you are special to me in different ways."
-
"So am I Lil, so am I." Vivian said. Sighing she opened an eye and looked up. 'Feel much better now.' she thought.
-
Three weeks had passed since the stay at the cabin and Agidine felt more grounded than ever. Knowing that Hamakaze wasn't leaving him behind again, he really considering stopping his merc ways. But he doubts it would be a permanent stop, there's always some trouble that needs dealing with. Looping the Super Saber over Hamakaze's chromed fighter, he found that didn't like it. 'Sure the quad wing setup is cool and all, why the hell skin it in chrome? Are they asking for the enemy to shoot it down?' Agidine wondered, glancing over his shoulder.

"Vi, you didn't have to follow me north." he said, letting his gaze scan the clear northern sky. "No, didn't have to. But I wanted to, despite beinging in the military I haven't seen much and with you disappearing for a few hours every day. Someone has to stay by Hama and watch for idiots." Grunting at the comment Agidine inverted and stared through the canopy. A hole opened in the clouds, seeing the snow blanketed ground he wondered if Chitone was alright. "Relax Cnyte, if she was in trouble she would contact you." Agidine murmured to himself.
-
Vivian, after answering Agidine, rolled her fighter on it's wing and watched the ground. "It's very pretty down there. Don't you think so?" she asked aloud. Leveling out, she sighed inwardly and glanced around. "So we are you taking us now?" she inquired. "Vahalla Krei, ran across some of my birth father's.old platoon mates when i was starting to get paid as a merc, they told me that he may left something for me there. I want to know if it's true or were they pulling my chain." 'So would I, if knew who my parents were to start with.' she mused, letting the Super Wasp drift under Hamakaze's quad wing. "Any thoughts on the quadie Agi?" "Yeah, asking to blown up a missile. Why the hell skin it in chrome? Was the designer overcompensating for something?"

Draruto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:59 pm

In a week that the team spent in the cabin Captain Cnyte explained that the quad-winged fighter was made a high quality chrome in order to fly into the atmosphere, it would allow secure air lock for up to four people inside. It was fast enough to break the sound barrier with the additional thrusters. Hamakaze felt it was too shiny as well but was quite peculiar on what type of paint job it would be until they arrived on location to make the necessary changes to it.

"Hey, I just took what was available." Hamakaze answered Vivian. "Everything about the control panel is the same as a Super Saber or a Super Wasp. If you have any ideas on a new paint job let me know."

Lilia had decided not to distract her sister in having her pilot two Super Wasps at once and sat in co-pilot seat adjacent to Hamakaze watching the snow on the overhead. In the week spent with everyone she thought that Hamakaze had the best luck in the world with all the people she had made friends with who were completely loyal to her. It was Lilia that was the first to remain neutral 7 years ago before everyone else decided that both sides were never going to end it by joining the fold as mercenaries; a hard lesson learned.

"Vahalla Krei sounds familiar...but I just can't put my finger on it." Lilia mused out loud for all to hear as she patiently sat in her seat watching everyone fly around the skies.

Delve
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:40 pm

"I say reskin it, but who am I to say how a fighter is designed. I'm just cannon fodder higher ups throw to keep their hands clean." Agidine chimed in while rolling. Leveling, he heard a beep from the radio and flipped a switch. "Nyt Flame, Nyt Flame, this is Valhalla Central, we've got a messenge for you from the Krymzon Hauks. A com tech will give it you once you land." "Ok." he said flipping the switch again. Wondering the messenge is Agidine sighed inwardly and saw the mountain crest he remembered. Banking sharply he dove through the clouds.

Only to buffeted by wind and falling snow. "Sometimes I hate my timing. Vi,Hama, when you get under the clouds be ready to be buffered, just lead us into a snowstorm." Feeling the Super Saber dance in the wind, Agidine swore venomously under his breath. 'Mother Nature you're a bitch.' he thought as the Valhalla Krei's visable laser spotlight lined runway came into view. "Finally." Agidine states, lining up his HUD between the lasers. Fighting to keep centered, he glanced over to Vivian's fighter break the lower cloud deck. Returning his gaze forward, he brought the fighter lower till it hits the runway. Reversing the thrust Agidine slowed the fighter to a crawl. Taxing into a visitors' hanger, he began to shut down the Super Saber.
-
Vivian groaned loudly at that. "Not again, Cnyte if you get us killed I will curse you." she said coldly. The chuckling she heard made her eyes roll, "That's why I warned you, Vi." Snorting Vivian rolled and dove, "Lil try to puke, pretty sure Hama doesn't want clean her cockpit when we land." she said, leveling out under the clouds andfeeling her fighter drift all over the sky. Following Agidine's flight path, she actually started preying to whatever deities that would listen. 'Really don't want to crash.' she thought. Once she managed to wrangle the fighter to a somewhat even keel, she watched the distance and attitude drop. Landing with thump, Vivian taxied into the hanger and parked next to Agidine's fighter.

Shutting the Super Wasp down she released a relieved sigh. "Thank you." Dismounting, Vivian wrapped her arms around herself and shook from the cold. "Should've brought a parka and thicker gloves." Walking forward she saw Agidine reading a datapad. Pausing Vivian noticed that his grey eyes darkened and hardened to stone. Going over, she skimmed it and silently gasped. 'Chitone, captured, still alive and giving her captures hell.'

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Hamakaze thought of a name for the chrome fighter as she remembered what Agidine called her after they reunited, Light Breeze. At that moment she activated the stealth mode of the fighter as she piloted it to bank dive into the clouds, the snow was nothing compared to the fighters ability to break the sound barrier, it barely gave Lilia a chance to react. In the sky Light Breeze completely disappeared as it refracted the light on the chrome surface like a mirror to blend in with the snow storm clouds in gradient hues.

With enough practice Hamakaze had become accustomed to flying Light Breeze as if it were second nature. Even as Vivian landed the super wasp into the hangar Hamakaze's fighter was still invisible except for the heat waves caused by the thrusters. With a thud on the surface the cockpit hatched opened as Lilia hung over it breathing heavily as she took her air mask off--while Hama seemed cool and collected Lilia was not accustomed to all the fast air travel and was certain her heart would have stopped. As Hamakaze removed her helmet and airmask she patted Lilia on the back maybe it was unwise to test flight Light Breeze without giving her red out.

"Hey Vivian, maybe it's better if Lilia copilots with the Super Wasp...I keep punching it too hard for her to handle." Hamakaze waved over to Vivian.

"I might have to stay behind...at this rate." Lilia sighed.

The engineers motioned a metal staircase for Lilia a she struggled to make it down the stairs being a doctor she waved at everyone to get away from her. A pilot who was on a routine inspection of his fighter had his attention caught on all the women of the hangar, it was rare to see such beautiful women around the same age as him. His dark brown hair slicked back with a pair of aviator goggles wrapped around the top of his head. With bright violet eyes he walked over to Lilia and handed her a blanket wrapping it around her with a smile as she sat at the bottom of the mobile staircase. He noted Vivian was also freezing and he didn't have anything warm to provide her with except for his own white fur collared black pilot jacket from his back, which he took off to reveal a black woolen turtle neck and light brown dual gun holsters with pistols on his side.

"Greetings, ladies." The dog tags around his neck chimed as he motioned over to Agidine standing just a few inches taller than the teen, already aware of Chitone's status he spoke calmly, "Nyt Flame, I will gladly provide my assistance in rescuing Chitone. First Class Mercenary Pilot Drake Andrade at your service."

"What do you mean...rescue Chitone?" Hamakaze interrupted as she glanced at Drake for a moment finding his violet eyes rather creepy as it complimented his pale complexion despite his athletic zeal.

Delve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 pm

"Chi was captured during her recon mission, about three days after we arrived at the cabin. This says while they did anything real bad, she's constantly escaping and raising all kinds of hell. But they're thinking about killing her or selling to a doll house." Agidine states, his hardened gave looked out the hanger door. Tossing the pad in his cockpit, he adds his voice a low growl, "All I'll need, Drake, is a lift in a transport or an old school heavy bomber and portable heavy battle armor. Because those fucking bastards picked the wrong person to take. When I'm done with them, there won't be anything left but carrion meat." Turning Agidine closed his eyes and checked his impulse to leave right then.

'Getting myself killed won't do me any good. Once the storm breaks I'm going.' he mused. "Hama, won't ask you to help, Chi is still just an unknown person to you that I brought in to our family. But I would appreciated if you can fly shotgun for whatever I get a ride." Walking away Agidine began to plan, 'Hamakaze has my heart and soul, Chitone has the part that I wasn't ready for. No matter what breaks, I will bring her back.' he thought, determination stiffening his spine.
-
Vivian, after settling the jacket over her, watching Agidine leave. "I see another warpath coming and I'm glad to not be in the way." she said, glancing to Lilia. "Might want to stay grounded for this one." she said. Burying her hands in the pockets Vivian jerked her head to the opposite line of fighters, "Which one is yours Drake?."
-
Reaching an empty room, Agidine stopped and balled up his fist. Slamming it against the wall he growled deep in his throat. "Coming Chi, won't be long." Taking several calming breathes he stared at the floor as heard footsteps. "You requested battle armor?" Facing the person Agidine nodded. "Here, it's modeled after the Heavy Beamer aughta be enough for what you're thinking of doing. And you can keep it, don't need it." Nodding again he took the portable armor, entered the room and sat down. Strapping it on his wrist he felt inject a dose of nanos. "Bio-locking." Agidine said softly, rolling his wrist. 'Don't let me die, I have a person to return to. She won't forgive you if you failed.' he mused. Leaning on his open palm he closed his eyes and sighed. Settling in for a long wait.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:49 pm

“Coming right up!” Drake smiled as he watched Agidine leave.

Hamakaze bit the inside of her cheek as Agidine stormed off again completely forgetting about her as he was blinded by emotion. This was the same exact situation when they separated after escaping the sea vessel when it was attacked by the Krymzon Huaks. There was nothing she could do at place she had never been to and attended to Lilia as she recovered.

“Are you going to stay here?” Hamakaze asked Lilia.

“Yeah, I am not fit for battle. I might get a red out and distract any pilot…” Lilia sighed as she gripped the woolen blanket around her shoulders.

"Well being in the doctor's without program will allow you to stay, I will pick you up whenever you're ready." Hamakaze patted Lilia's shoulder.

Drake spoke to an engineer about preparing the heavy bomber and loaded it with live ammo as he turned to Vivian he motioned his violet eyes to follow.

“The Raptor at the end,” it was a standard fighter with the exception of the laser guided missiles under the wing painted with dinosaur teeth and yellow eyes for effect. “How long have you been flying a Super Wasp?”

Drake deducted that Vivian was around twenty four years old and figured she had been flying as early as seventeen years old like himself when he first joined the war as a mercenary.

Delve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:19 pm

"Two to three years, long enough to fight Agidine's fighter to stand still with gatlings. How long have you flown the Raptor?" Finding herself drawn to him, Vivian wrapped her arms back around herself and followed Drake. 'Am I feeling this way to fast?' she asked herself silently. Glancing about she placed the thought on the backburner for later consideration. Pausing at the Raptor Vivian ran her eyes over it and wondered how it flew. 'Certainly newer than mine or Agidine's.' she thought, slowly walking around the fighter.
-
Battered and bruised, Chitone glared cold daggers at her guard as she held her newly scarred face. The scar was three vertical cuts on the right side of her face, from just below her eye to her chin. Her lastest escape netted her several new tibbits, like that they had maintained her fighter as they had caught her. Which meant the information she recorded was still tucked away in the data recorder sandwiched in the bulge under the fighter's nose. 'Can't break free on my own, to many bodies to fight through. Please dad, hurry up and save me.' she thought feeling the pleading in her thought.

Sitting on the bed, she gently as she could rinsed her face with wet rag. Once that wax done Chitone looked at the nearly depleted medi-kit and silently groaned. 'Assholes.' she mused. Closing it, figuring that it was pretty much useless to use it any more, she pressed against the wall and wrapped her arms around her knees. Shutting her blue eyes, she drops her head forward onto her knees. Keeping her thoughts blank as much possible Chitone counts the seconds till Agidine would come in blasting her captures to dust and blood smears.
-
Agidine could almost feel Chitone's emotions in his mind, which wasn't new. What he had with her was strictly theirs and he accepted it. 'Makes wonder how much of an empath I really am? Not those early warnings I get in the Super Saber aren't helpful.' he mused. Drumming his fingers to silent beat, Agidine could finally think calmly. Tapping on his palm, he texted Hamakaze, 'Are you upset with me?'

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:43 pm

“I actually started with a Super Saber model for a few years until it was destroyed during a mission by a carrier. Made it out with my life thanks to my immediate thinking on eject.” Drake smiled at Vivian he was gentle in the way he spoke, “Been flying the raptor for five years now doing a few upgrades here and there based on Agidine’s recommendations which has been quite on an improvement. The painted missiles are my idea.” He laughed as he pointed at it the wings revealing perfectly shaped teeth and a light violet tongue.

It was apparent that Drake was an engineered test tube baby from twenty five years ago in an experiment that started 5 years after the war. A lot of the children died at an early age and very few remained, Drake was most likely the last of his kind, and most people forgot about these children being born to serve as soldiers in the war. Engineered to be the perfect human it did not remove Drake from being a part of society since he had all the emotions and conditions to meet that requirement.

“Are you coming with us to help Chitone as well?” Drake adjusted his aviator goggles on his head and casually crossed his arms as he looked at Vivian intently noticing that she made his jacket look better on her.

Hamakaze was sitting next to Lilia drinking tea that a staff member brought over. A message buzzed on her small datapad wedged into the side pocket of her navy blue camo pants. Taking the pad in her finger less gloved hand she read the message and smirked as she wrote her reply.

Code: Select all
Hard not to be upset, try not to get so emotional if you want to keep everyone alive on this rescue mission. You know what happens when you aren’t tactful Agidine. oxox

Delve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:22 am

"Don't know, maybe. Depends on how I feel." Vivian replied, her gaze falling on Hamakaze. "Flying with Agidine and Hamakaze has gotten me questioning my self imposed solitude." she stated without thinking. But once the fact connected with her brain, she covered her mouth and widened her eyes. 'Why did that come out? I've only told Lil that, damn what's with me?' she thought, as it telegraphed over her face. Forgetting how to be a collected person for a minute Vivian turned to runaway. But remembered that she was still wearing Drake's jacket. Frozen in place she kinda zoned out and sighed.
-
Agidine rolled his eyes at the text. Tactful was one thing that was selective with him and he knew it. Which was why he choose silent when meeting new people or situation. 'Tactfullness has nothing to do with this. Someone has taken what I consider as mine. And they must be dealt with, before they do something terrible. Love you Hama, xoxo <3.' he replied back. Going to the empty bunk, he sprawled out with his eyes covered. "If can't get a ride in a transport or a bomber, am I going have dust of my jet judo skills?" Agidine asked himself.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:34 am

"Really? You seem like you place your concerns on others and making sure they are safe in the skies, that isn't something a lone wolf would do." Drake smiled in reassurance there was nothing odd about Vivian at least she was born normal and was surrounded by good friends. Placing a hand on Vivian's shoulder he turned her around slightly if she was willing to meet his violet eyes. "Do whatever your heart tells you, that is why I have learned. We all know the real answer to our problems that way."

An engineer walked up to the pair and adjusted the brim of his driving cap in a greeting, "We only have a B-2 bomber available the transport bomber is out on a mission, sir."

Drake lifted his hand from Vivian's shoulder and took out his datapad to check on the other bomber's status on its mission. With a sigh it would not be enough time to reacquire it and stock it up on time.

"Alright thanks." Drake dismissed the engineer as he sent the bad news to Agidine in a message.

Code: Select all
Agidine, Unfortunately we only have a B-2 bomber available. If you take the Super Saber over I can help you refuel it when you run low but I won't be able to follow you to your destination without getting my Raptor refueld as well. Let me know what else I can assist with. -Drake

Hamakaze hastily put away the datapad as she tried to sort out all the feelings she had about this situation. On a normal day Hamakaze would be willing to save Chitone had she not known that Agidine had claimed her as his responsibility which has made her feel jealous over the teenager. What would happen once she was saved? The Cnyte's would all be a happy growing family? With a sigh she leaned back against the metal staircase craning her neck back.

"What's wrong?" Lilia poked Hamakaze in the arm.

"Eh...just trying not let my emotions get the best of me." She replied in a dull voice.

"Well what do you expect, Hama. You're going to have to go through all the emotions when you're in a relationship...even if its going out of your comfort zone." Lilia laughed.

"I just have to do what is right. That is all...for Agidine."

"That doesn't sound romantic at all." Lilia sounded disappointed as she adjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"You can't expect much from someone who still can't distinguish the difference between friendships and...." Hamakaze blushed, "...a loving couple."

That is right...I love Agidine so much I would do anything to make him happy even if it means I won't be.

Delve
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!