Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Love of Prey

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holdesta on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Adrian tried to look at Raya but could not break her gaze from the vampire's eyes. They were a deep amathist...nearly glowing. Adrian trembled a bit remebering those eyes from thier last encounter.

he had held her mind just like this...it had been in some stranger's stable. Adrian had slept too long and the vamp had caught up to her. He had cornered her in a stall...holding her from flight with his gaze. He had smiled so maliciously as he approached slowly like a wolf in the night. He had slid his hand up her body...feeling each curve and muscle tremble from fright... until he had a hold on her throat. Only then did he break the gaze and free her mind. Adrian had tried to run but the vampire had just laughed and pushed her hard to the wall. He had then stroked her cheek gently wiping away some tears...tightening his grip bit by bit. He had spoke in her mind telling her he could kill her with little effort...he could do anything he wanted. With that he had kissed her harshly. Against her own will Adrian had returned the kiss intoxicated by this being. She hated him with a strong fire...he had murdered her family, he persued her merciously, teasing her like a cat does to it's prey. Adrian had tried to fight him..and the feeling of pleasure with all her strength of mind but it came anyways and she hated herself for it. When he stopped kissing her the girl's mind cleared a bit and she slapped him hard. The Vampire had only smiled and told her to run as he released her and seemed to melt into the night air.

Now he held her in that gaze again and Adrian tried to fight it. She knew if she touched his hand they would both melt away to god knows where. her hand was burning from her trying to keep it at her side. He would have her and there was nothing she could do about it he was too strong. Before anyone could stop it Adrian's will gave in and her hand shot out to his and she felt her body seemingly melt into the wind. All she could do now was hope that those strangers would follow and that she could stay alive until they could find her.

OOC: I wanted to get them out of there so we could move a bit more. OH no why is this vamp after her? Why is a simple farm girl so important? What does Raya have to do with this? Why was the family killed? Will the two team up to save her? Can they before it's too late? And why does this Vamp not just kill her like the rest or did he kill the family at all? BWAHAHAHAHA :D Feel free to post anytime I don't care about order and for me a certain amount of godmodding is ok as long as it makes sense. Thanks to all for joining.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Holdesta
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:40 pm

OOC:No post will follow this Out of Character message from Nightmare. Sorry:P
All I'm trying to do is get the "Priest" Who my character strongly suspects isnt supposed to be trusted, out of his inn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightmare
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Vampire

His toothy grin grew longer still; his mouth agape so maliciously it was as if he were going to devour the entire world. The pastel lavender which had been attributed to his eyes, lightly incandescent with a source of power unknown to these mere mortals, grew bright all too suddenly and its soft purple light turned into an intense crimson.

“I always found it nothing short of shocking...� Those words came with a deliberate focus, clearly aimed at the would-be hunter. “The kind of bravery that insignificant creatures seem to muster in times of dire straits.� And still, his eyes never left that of his prey. “How a mouse in a world of lions can truly consider itself of such worth, refusing to come to terms with the notion that, with nothing more than a lazy swipe of a paw, its life can be extinguished.�

“It's an aspect of mortality that I find both worthy of reverence and just as annoying. Now, if you'll excuse me, we'll be on our way.� As if to punctuate his words, Adrian's hand comfortably fit within the extended palm of his, as if adding the last piece to the puzzle. And as if to punctuate his meaning, to emphasize just how wide the gap was between himself and the pitiful hunter, a single spark of a synapse was executed to rid him of her irritation.

A pulse, something reminiscent to the howl of a wolf, rushed from his person and pressed relentlessly against her form; akin to the rush from a rogue bull elephant, she would find her body tossed aside as if she were nothing more than a rag doll, to slam against the farthest tavern wall to his right side. It came unexpectedly, and he was no immortal of meager strength – the chances of denying such a sudden assault were minimal and, even if she were to somehow dodge, it would give him the window of time necessary.

By the moment that all eyes fell upon his vicinity once more, they had vanished; a frigid wind swept the tavern once more as the door slammed shut.

Odin
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:41 pm

{OOC:So is she still in the Tavern?}

Nightmare
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holdesta on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:07 pm

OOCno the vamp and adrian have gone somewhere...the vamp can decide
where

Holdesta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:44 pm

OOC: I am so pissed! Now I have re-write my damn thing again! ggrrr!!!!!!

Raya looked with her eyes, which were a bright light blue. She smirked as she stared around the inn at people, her eyes turning to a sudden dark blue. She growled softly under her breath.

"Ignorant fool... He has know idea who he is dealing with. However, I am well informed of who he is. I am also well prepaed for such a resistance."

Raya switfly turned about to look at the man who had been helping out earlier.

"Your assistance is obviously not needed anymore." Her eyes changed back to the bright light blue as she lowered her head a sighed.

"This is unbelievable. I should have stuck him and taken her when I had the chance. I have to stop playing with my prey...." Raya said under her voice as she walked past people. Moving out of her way she did not bother to look at anyone as she walked past them.

She made her way out the tavern doors and shoved her dagger away as she pulled out a map. On the map was a bright red spot which glowed, and moved about rapidly.

"Settle your ass some where. You won't be having her for long." She stowed the map away. 4rth of its existance, and once it has a locked target, which would be Adrian, it never can be taken off. Its magic is old and very strong. That is what is so great about her toys. Roran was an awesome wizard. He knew many tricks, and he's in the process of teaching Raya a few.

"Zephyr!" Raya screeched as she looked forward at her horse. Other horses were away from him.

"You are to wild! Come now. We have to go see Roran again. This vampire is going to be more trouble then I thought. However, I do know Adrian can't officially be harmed for the next few days."

Raya smiled at the thought of how stupid it would be to even try and harm her let alone do anything to her. However, Raya had proper instructions to unlocking the secrets behind Adrian's mind. Tucked safely away in her under shirt.

"Zephyr... I have so much on my mind. Things are going to be difficult. And I am to aggressive as it is. I don't know what to do about all this yet. But I have a plan to get Adrian back."

Raya sank to the ground. The vampire didn't scare her. However, what to do with Adrian once she obtained the human would be a hard decision. Raya could banish her, but, the girl is after all only a human. She could still banish her to a safer place. Or else, destroy her.

"Chaos.... Thats all I see heading in the bad direction as usual.... Morons. Gotta make everything pathetic and difficult. How dare him compare to me to a mere human. He is quite stupid." Raya smiled. " A mere puppet. And I am about toc ut his strings."

Raya sat on the ground in thought outside of the tavern.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:28 am

Inconsce walked upstairs to his room as he gathered his thing.

I'm not gonna let anybody else die! He thought to himself as he headed out the door of his room.

As he headed down the stairs the barkeep noticed him in his "angered mood."

"Where are you going boy?" The barkeep shouted out, his Irish voice piercing through the conversations being spoken.

"I'm going hunting... I may not be back for a while... or ever for tha fact." He responded as he made his way to the door.

"What are you hunting that could be dangerous enough to get you killed?"

"Big game, Dark magic, and the humongous possibility of me getting a whole lot of more nightmres added to my head." he responded in an arrogant tone.

The barkeep sat and thought and just as Inconsce was about to leave he interrupted "Boy, you shouldn't go after a holy man. You will be marked as a rebel!"

"Now you see. That is the entire reason why I am hunting him." He looked the barkeep dead in the eyes. "When you kill as many people as I have, you know who is holy and who is not. That man is nowhere near holiness."

"How can you be so sure of that boy? Because you have some feeling from killing bundles of people?"

"Yes. Besides, didn't you notice how she did not say anything when she arose? Something with an evil force is happening. And I will not stop until I have saved her soul at the least part."

"*Sigh* Than come here boy. I may not be able to stop you but I can still help you." The barkeep said as he pulled out bottles of water and loafs of bread. "Here. Put these in you pack, you will be needing them if what you say is true. And you will be needing your weaponry too." He pulled Out Inconsce's Sword and Shield and handed them to him. "I wish you luck on your journey, and that you are ble to arrive in time."

"Thank you. You have always been a wise man. Again, I thank you for the assistance." He proceeded to the door again, this time exting the building.

Nightmare
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holdesta on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:01 am

Adrian felt the cold of inbetween space and time. She felt it ice her already chilled body. Her dress was still soaked and ripped. Her hand was locked tight in his...unable to break it's bond. She did not know where they were going, she only sensed that he was looking for a place. They were a part of the wind as they floated across the land. Adrian could not see as she was human...and the journey though it felt long to her was actually instantaneous. Adrian's heart was tired and she could feel herself getting very sick. She could not fight him mentally or physically with the state she was in. "Please don't kill me" Adrian whispered it softly with her mind before she passed out again.

Holdesta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:51 am

Raya stood up dusting herself off.

"Thats enough blowing off steam. We best be going Zephyr."

Raya pulled her hand up to the reigns as she held tightly to them and pushed herself upward on to his back. As she did so, Zephyr neighed and shook his head.

"What now?! You gotta be kidding me. You got to relax, now its time to go." Raya shouted at him as she held the reigns tighter.

Looking over towards the tavern, she saw the oung man from earlier come out of the doors.

"What is he up to?" Raya said to herself as she gently nudged Zephyr's sides to move towards the mans direction.

"Pray tell. Why are you carrying baggage with you? Did the big man scare you in there?" Raya said smiling a bit. Her blonde hair once more coming loose. She sighed as she reached behind her head and tugged on the ribbon she had wrapped around her hair.

"Or, is it that you are going to hunt for that girl? Am I correct? I see it in your eyes young man." Raya said as she sat atop of Zephyr and stared at the man little by little.

"Adrian is a special girl. If used wrong, bad things could happen. Plus... There is..... There is alot behind her story. And her family. Supposedly, no more living survivors. However. There is one. I know this for sure." Raya said looking at the ground a bit dazed, but then shaking it off and looking back at the man.
"If your going to help, come along with me. I have a special technique I can use to find her. And its the fourth of its kind. A special tracking map." Raya said grinning.

She awaited this mans answers.

"Once again. My name is Raya Revelation."

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:11 pm

"I am hunting both. The man because he was no holy man and the girl because I need to at least try to save somebody besides myself." He turned to Raya

"I am not really scared of anything anymore. Countless wars, Countless battles, and countless deaths. Although I see every single kill whenever I sleep. Anyways, I am Inconsce Steelheart, and you said you have a way of tracking them?"

Nightmare
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:40 pm

A nondescript area suddenly filled with the rank smell of ozone as air popped, bubbled and sizzled; once empty, it was now filled with the vague outline of two humanoid structured. Their features, vague and indiscernible thanks to the shroud of perpetual shadow that seemed to surround them, was revealed intermittently as they moved forward and strips of moonlight cast themselves down across their visages.

Only one of those entities moved, a man, who held the other, seemingly unconscious, within the grasp of his arms; as if proffering her to the night. Black locks of hair clung to his face, curled at the end and given to bounce slightly if his steps were just slightly more rambunctious than normal – eyes of depthless and pure obsidian glared out into the night with the lethal grace of a predator who regarded every and all things its prey.

A woman was held lightly in his arms, laid upon a large stone expanse amidst the otherwise dirty and grungy flooring. A message rang clearly in his head. “Kill you? My dear Adrian...I would never dream of it. Well...hah, that's a bit of a lie, I've dreamt of it before. Let's just say...it wouldn't be the most prudent decision of mine to kill you before the time is just right� The back of his right hand stroked her cheek gently, pushing away strands of frenzied hair and tucking the wild tendrils behind her ears.

He drew close, his breath buffeting her neck and he withdrew. “Hm. Just a bit longer...then you can join me.�

Odin
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:01 am

Raya climbed off her horse and patted Zephyr on the nose.

"Well, Inconsce. I would be more then happy to invite you along on this trip. However. How are your abilities when it comes to fighting? Can you keep up?"
Raya tugged the map out of the back of her pocket. Deep down, she was scared, but she didn't like to show fear. She made that mistake once, and it alost cost her. Her life, and her freedom.

"Shame!" Raya shouted as she now yanked the map out of her pocket and smiled at Inconsce a little. She wa sjust like a little girl, but a tough one at that. She was a nice girl, and she liked to talk to people. However, she always bit her tongue in some cases, because when ever she got involved with people, she ruined their lives. It was sad. Not in all cases. But parting as they say is such a sweet sorrow.

"Ok. I do have a way to track her. This map I hold is fourth of its kind. Its got special techniques, once it has a lock on someone..." Raya unrolle dit infront of his eyes. "It never comes off unless I call it off. The red dot is Adrian." Raya looked at the guy and watched his expressions.

"Do you have a horse? Its best if we ride. If not.... Then we will have to get you one." Raya said as she turned and looked at Zephyr.

"This is Zephyr. I saved him froma band of ignorant fools who thought stealing was the best way to get what they wanted. However, I taught them all lessons they will not forget. Zephyr was only a small horse when I took him. I took care of him." Raya then shut up.

"Enough of that. We must make haste." Raya stared at the night sky, which looked to be fading out and becoming light again.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:15 pm

"If we pass through some woods soon I could probably get some overgrown mutt to let me ride it." He looked her directly in the eyes, revelain some of his kills "And as for fighting, I hold my ground until my enemy drops dead. Mind if I see that map??"

Nightmare
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:40 am

"Forget it! Your not rididng some over grown mutt." Raya said almost trying not laugh at how ridiculous that sounded coming out of her mouth.

"We will get you a horse on our way out of town. Until you have a ride, I will walk." Raya said as she walked over to Zephyr's reigns and pulled on them. He nudged her in the back but all she did was pat his nose.

"I am walking Zephyr." Raya said smiling at him.

"Come now. We need to make some tracks..." Raya said as she began to walk. The outskirts of town were only half a mile. There would be a farm where she would buy a horse, of course.

As they walked Raya kept staring at the ground every now and then.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:21 pm

"Just so you know, I was not completley joking about the 'riding a wolf' comment. In the 10th war I've been in I had to take a wolf from a forest. It was agile and deadlier than a horse, but it acted out. I broke it of that and sent it back into the forest. Sadly, It is probably dead by now.

Nightmare
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holdesta on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:59 pm

His arms carried her as if she was a feather, his movements smooth like a panther. Adrian felt the gentle touch of his hand and stirred a bit. The cool of the stone seeped into her and chilled her a bit more even. She shivered and opened her eyes to see the handsome face close to hers. His breath warm on her neck sent both a shot of fear and to Adrian's self loathing...pleasure through her body. She had heard his words...he was not going to kill her yet. She shivered again.

" please..." she whispered her eyes pleading shyly looking at those amathist depths " I'm so cold." Adrian coughed right then as if to punctuate the fact. Her hair was finally drying but her body was clamy and sick.

Holdesta
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:49 am

Raya looked at Inconsce and smiled a bit at his explanation.

"Look.... If you so prefer to ride a mutt, rather then a horse which I am certain can move faster then a wolf. Or atleast some wolves, by all means. Be my guest. I however was going to get you the horse." Raya said as she chuckled a bit.

She then shook it off as she saw a black horse approaching, and atop a rider. She stared at the horse.

"I know that horse..."

Raya dropped Zephyr's reigns and forward. It was Venice. And atop Venice was Crayton.

"Cray! Where is he?" Raya said as she stopped.

"He did not come. He stayed in. However, this package is from him for me to give to you. Its suppose to help you out. How is she?" Crayton was tall, in his mid 20's and he had black hair. He was a bit olde then Raya. He was 26 while Raya herself was 20, going on 21 very soon.

"Um... Well. We ran in to some complications at the inn. However, its something I am positive I can remedy. Adrian will be home safe and sound soon. I promise. No if's, and's or but's about it. I promise. Just assure him I can do this. Please?" Raya said as she looked at Crayton.

"I will.... And who is this?" He said looking at Raya's new comrade.

"This is Inconsce. He will be helping me out on my journey to retrieve Adrian. I met him at the Inn. He is positive he can help... I trust him Crayton." She smiled at Crayton who frowned and through a bag down to her.

"Right. Right. You trsut everyone Raya. Your down fall. Sure enough. Becareful. Inconsce. Watch yourself." Crayton sneered and turned around riding back in the direction he had come from.

"Well... He is so weird.... Sometimes I wonder about him." Raya said as she held the bag wrapped around in her arms.

"Looks like we an forget that stop along the way... I have an idea. Inconsce..." Raya put the bag on the ground. She pulled the map out of her pocket and looked at it.

'Why don't you try to navigate the map? It ould prove educating to you." Raya said smiling.

"We have to find her. They aren't far from where we are. The mans mistake. He is stupid. To stupid. Lets move." Raya said as she tossed the bag on to the side of Zephyr and tied it off.

"As soon as we get there. We need a plan. He wants to toss me. He can try. But I doubt he will be as sucessful. Though, he is older then myself." Raya said.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

no subject

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonVampiress on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:58 pm

OOC: can i be a vampire?

CrimsonVampiress
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm

Vampire

“Shhh.� His index finger came to rest against her lips gently soon after she made him aware of her current condition. Deep amethyst eyes twinkled with a knowing gleam as the hand withdrew from her visage, the tip of his index finger lingering slightly on the flesh of her lips before he stood and brought his hands to the confines of his pockets. Right after contact had severed from the two entities, Adrian would feel an invisible blanket descend upon her person and warm her.

“Wouldn’t want you to catch your death…not yet anyway. Your friends are coming for you; I can feel them.� He chuckled slightly, shaking his head in what could be construed as disappointment before turning his head to the side gently.

He glanced around the forest gently, making note of his current surrounding and every twist and turn of the sinuous paths which all lead to the clearing they were currently stationed in. “Sleep, Adrian, I’ll return shortly.� His voice resonated and oozed with the power he held over her; like a punch to the face, Adrian would be hard pressed to merely resist the impetus of his phrase.

And with so simple a motion and so simple his words, the body melded into the shadows of the surrounding trees and…merely disappeared.

Odin
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:46 pm

"... You act like I have no tactical skills... I probably know more about this country than you do because I know that around this time wolves walk the roads. Who knows. Maybe I'll find a son to my old War Wolf." He took the map and looked at it and the location of the people they were following. "Damnit. This is a ways off. If things go well we'll make it to their location after about 5 days. If things go to hell, maybe a month at most."

Nightmare
Member for 18 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!