Announcements: January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! »

maddenbaby / qbsuperstar03

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.

maddenbaby / qbsuperstar03

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:30 pm

[/flash][/size]The Role Sort of generic but generic roles can always turn original depending on the people! We both dated all throughout highschool and a year after living in the suburbs of New York City. You were a year ahead of me. After I graduated I moved away to school going down south dying to get away and to try and make something of myself (and get all season warmth!). You stayed at home, attending the a local small, state school and played football on a scholarship. We tried the long distance thing but eventually the phone calls grew shorter, the ims became less frequent and we grew apart. It's 2 years later I decided to move back since I didn't know anyone and money just wasn't coming in good enough. I just got home and got my own apartment. I give you a call to meet up for lunch and to try and catch up with you.

My Character:
Photos: (sorry they're so big!)

Name: Madden Hughes
Age in role: just turned 20 (remember shes's a year younger.)
Biography: In high school Madden was the "it" girl, she was a cheerleader for the football and basketball seasons and was on the nation honor society. She was nice to everyone and rarely got in trouble...or should we say got caught. Her dream was the move to Texas and become a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, She thought that he was going to be part of that dream but when he decided he wasn't coming with her, she was crushed. 2 years later and her dream obviously didn't happen. Now, she's home, finishing up her nursing degree at the local community college and living in her own small one bedroom apartment. She's still the small town girl with big city dreams.

Appearance/Style: Very Preppy, that always look cute kind of girl who loves her make up bag at her side, though she never over does it. She wears a lot of jeans and tees with some simple jewelry, and that's enough because of her looks.

and for a first post:

It was a friday morning and after being back in town for a while and attending classes for her first week Madden was laying in her bed, after sleeping in. She thought to herself, I've got to get out of this house tonight. She looked at the number on a piece of paper; the digits scribbled messily; a number she'd received from one of her old friends that she'd ran into the other day on campus. She didn't even know why she asked for it, they'd talked once in over a year. She thought, Should I call him? Does he hate me? What if he doesn't want to see me? She snapped herself out of it and pressed the buttons on the phone, pressing the send key. After the first couple of rings she hung up. Stop being stupid. She pressed send and put the phone to her hear listening to the paralyzing rings....*ring*...*ring*....*ring*
"And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’s FEARLESS too." - Taylor Swift

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: maddenbaby / qbsuperstar03

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:24 pm

((Argh...your post is cut off at the left. This problem seems to have been averted in the Post Reply screen, though. >_<))

Matt had just gotten home from an intense football practice session the night before (why DID that coach always insist on an extra set of wind sprints at the end of every practice?) and was just making breakfast when he heard his signature Metallica ringtone. Collapsing back on the couch of his bachelor pad, he was still in that state of mind where he wasn't quite fully awake, even at 11 in the morning, but damn it, he couldn't ignore his cell phone blasting Ride the Lightning anymore.

"Hello?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 pm

(i'm sorry about that!!)

Madden took in a long, deep breath, trying to gain composure, one that he obviously heard. She sat up quickly and paused for a few seconds more. Right before he was about to hung up she stuttered out, "M..Matt?" she shook herself and got herself together, "Is this Matt?" she asked. A million thoughts were running through her head a million miles a minute. She could barely breathe but she tried to keep it together. She waited for his reply impatiently about to hang up totally stressing now.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Despite his sleepiness, there was no denying the voice on the other side of that line, and he instantly perked up, knowing he was in for a blast from the past.

"Maddy? Oh my God, I haven't heard from you in forever! Hell yeah, it's Matt from high school!"

The conversation proceeded smoothly from there. Matt enjoyed telling his former love, lost and now found, about the trials, tribulations, and triumphs that came with his college football career.

"So, what have you been up to lately, and why did you decide to call me?"

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:49 pm

She smiled, he still freaking calls me maddy. she thought to herself She listened on the other end all about his days of college football then perked up a little bit more and got her confidence back. "Not much, I had to drop out of Miami State. I'm going to NYCC now. I just got an apartment and I'm pretty lonely here alone." She bit her lip "I wanted to see if maybe you wanted to get dinner and catch up tonight or something?" She lost her confidence quickly, "But if you have a girlfriend or something... or you just don't want to..."

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:12 pm

"You had to drop out? Huh, that really sucks. Sure, I'm free tonight; I'll give you my address, you can Mapquest how to get here or something, and then we can drive somewhere nice together. Sound good?"

Matt couldn't believe his ears. Maddy was still willing to go out with him, but the fact she had to drop out of a normal college probably meant that something bad had happened that left her unable to focus on school or something. He had to play this carefully. On the other hand, she had a private apartment, so it couldn't be anything financial (if anything, an apartment was probably MORE expensive in this area than going to some colleges).

"Let me know when you have an expected time of arrival; I'll try to make this place somewhat presentable for you. Oh, and I might need to get changed as well." Matt had to throw in that last bit because he wasn't exactly in a three-piece suit at the time.

Still, he was nervous...almost like he was before a game. It was just a friend from school, it wasn't that important in the grand scheme of things...but something told him this was going to be the start of something much more than a mere friendship.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

She smiled and said "Yeah, she quickly typed into her computer the address and said, I'll be there around 7:30, Sound good?" They finalized plans and she hung the phone up. She was stressing already. What was she going to wear? What if he didn't think she was cute anymore? What if he had a new girlfriend? She closed her eyes for a second trying not to think about the last part.

She hadn't seen him in two years. That was a long time, people changed within months, let alone years. She thought about the ways she'd changed. How much she grew up and how much she had had to sacrifice in order to try it make in Florida, even though it didnt.

Around 7:30 she pulled up to his apartment. She took in a deep breath and got out of the car. She was stressing. She had slid herself into a tiny little mini dress, something not too dress but not too casual. Her hair was half up, half down and her dress shows her tanned legs off nicely. She pressed the buzzer to be let in a took in a deep breath.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Cleaning out his residence was about as much of an exercise as lifting weights used to be for Matt, what with all the filth that had piled up over time. True, it didn't offer much in the way of resistance, but the amount of repetitions was killer. He barely had time to apply his deodorant and change into a blue oxford with black khakis before he heard the buzzer.

Matt opened the door, and there Maddy was, even more beautiful than he remembered her. The dress she was wearing didn't exactly help the issue. She was a little darker than before, though...must have been all that sun she was getting exposed to while she was down south.

"Oh, hello there, Maddy. Sorry if I'm a little out of breath; it's surprising sometimes how much energy simple chores can take out of you. How about we go somewhere nice tonight? My treat."

As the couple approached Matt's set of wheels, a thought occurred to him. Shit, I forgot to clean out the car. Oh well, something to do tomorrow. Apologizing profusely, he eventually cleared out a space for Maddy to stretch out her legs in the front seat by moving everything to the back. Matt decided to go to someplace upscale, one of those restaurants where you actually sat down, picked what you wanted from a menu, and were waited on.

As they went, Matt decided to initiate a conversation. "So, Maddy, I told you all about what I've been up to; why don't you return the favor?"

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:46 pm

As she got into the car she smiled slightly at him panicing to fix the car, "It's fine!" She smiled giggling softly. She slid into the car and checked herself in the mirror quickly, a usual for her and something that had never changed.

She smiled, "Well I moved to florida, didn't have much luck down there. It was fun but not a good spot to be serious." She paused before the next part. She knew he'd never really liked when she excessively partied but oh well, she was a grown woman now. "I partied a little too much and had to come home to fix my grades."

She tried not to look him in the eyes and see his reaction so she looked down over the menu deciding what she was going to have to eat.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:58 pm

Matt tried to listen to Maddy's stories, but he couldn't help but chuckle at the part about partying too hard. Between keeping his grades up and the rigorous schedule of him that his coach required (and even during the off-season, he had to stay in shape), it didn't really leave much room to party. After all, they were supposedly at the age where they were free to decide their own fates.

"Sorry, I just...yeah, it can be tough when you're overwhelmed with so many choices once you're out of high school. I guess you could say I was lucky in a sense because I still had a coach telling me what to do, whether it was to keep my grades up or to do another lap around the field."

Then Matt realized Maddy was being serious. "In any case, I must commend you for your ability to pull yourself away from the partying life. And furthermore..."

Matt was suddenly cut short when he noticed their waiter heading back over to them. "If you want to split something, I suggest their spaghetti bowl."

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:38 pm

She smiled, "That sounds really good to me." She thought about all the times she always went out to their favorite small italian place when they were in high school. It was cheap and they always split spaghetti.

After ordering the waitress walked away and she looked back up at him.."So furthermore what?" She smiled slightly, knowing he used to hate the way she'd never forget anything. She loved that. It was her amazing sense of memory.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Matt smiled when he heard Maddy confirm that she wanted to split a bowl of spaghetti with him. It was almost like that scene from Lady and the Tramp that they wanted to re-enact, but so far they hadn't pulled it off yet.

Then her excellent memory came back into play. "Oh...um...and furthermore, it must not have been an easy decision or an easy process to give up a life of parties. It shows that you're stronger than you may think when it really counts."

Matt knew he wasn't ready for a more serious relationship with her yet, but he tried to refrain from drawing any conclusions about what she thought of him. She was her own woman now, and their time that they had spent apart had probably changed more than just the depth of her tan.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:21 am

She smiled slightly and said, "Yeah, well I'm trying to change some things in my life for the better." She shrugged a little bit and looked down again. She was definitely more shy than when she was in high school. A lot had changed in Miami, including more than the depth of her tan and a new hair color. She had to live on her own, and she wasn't miss perfect down there. There were 100s of those. She hated it.

She thought about the relationship they'd had, why she'd given up, why she thought he'd given up. It was stupid. She should have stayed home or just gone to college in the city. She wanted to get away, from what, that she wasn't really sure of. She stopped thinking so hard and smiled at him "But, Who knows how that will go right?"

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Matt was about to form a reply, but just when he thought of what he wanted to say, the spaghetti came. Usually it didn't come this quickly, which was something Matt thought a little off. But whatever. He was with the apple of his eye right now. Everything seemed a little better when the two were together.

As Matt scooped some of the noodles and sauce onto Maddy's plate, he finally remembered what he was thinking about. "To be honest, I don't think anyone can our should know the future. I've always thought it would cause more problems than it would solve. But you can't go wrong with trying to improve yourself as long as you never give up."

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:42 pm

She smiled nodding and agreeing with him. She was happy that the pasta had come, it would get rid of having to talk about all the mistakes she'd made when she'd moved away and left him. She smiled as he set the spaghetti onto her plate. She smiled slightly at him before taking a bite, "Mmm just as good as I remember."

She thought about how good it felt for them to be together. This was always their favorite place to go and eat, they'd come here almost every friday night and eat the spaghetti bowl together. She missed those nights when she was partying in Florida. Sure she'd been having fun but there was never anything more for her.

She thought about them together again, how it felt right and like this is what belonged. She smiled, "Do you remember how much we used to come here and eat this? I think they must've been sick of seeing us every friday." She laughed slightly

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:23 pm

"Every Friday, Maddy?" Matt questioned. The food was good here, but it was a bit expensive to go here as frequently as that. And besides, when they were first starting out, they'd hit up some fast-food chains, preferring to get the waiting for food out of the way as quickly as possible. Somehow it seemed easier for them to talk when there was food in front of them.

Matt decided to change the subject, but to what? They had already covered how much they missed each other, how glad they were to see each other again, their escapades while they were apart...suddenly, it came to him.

"I understand you found yourself an apartment around here. First of all, good job, and second, where is it? Maybe sometime I can come over to your place."

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:29 pm

She smiled, "Okay but a lot of fridays!" She teased slightly. "We even came here before prom." She smiled again and thought about every time they'd hung out and how much she loved spending time with him. While she was in Miami she thought she might never see him again.

She thought for a few minutes, "Well it's in those studio apartments over on third. It's a two bedroom, really cute." She smiled, "And I'm sure it would be perfect if it was graced with your presence." She smirked teasing him slightly.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!