Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magic High (Open RP)

a topic in School-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Magic High (Open RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:51 pm

So, Magic high is a high school for well...magical people. It looks something like a medieval castle like Hogwarts. This is an open role play so anyone can join! It's very simple to joining you just have to fill out your charecter sheet, and write your opening paragraph. (Like how your character comes into the story) You may have two characters but no more then two.

Plot: A bunch of first year students going to magic high to perfect their special skills. Magic High is a boarding school so they all must say goodbye to their families.

Location: Magic High, I don't really know exactly where it is lets just say in another world for now. If your trying to picture what it looks like it looks something like Hogwarts. Old medieval big doors lots of windows.

Rules:

There aren't many just a few..

1. No godmods. So basically no twilight vampires. Vampires are fine but lets keep them original =]
2. You can't be invincible. But you can have a certain way to die, eg. If you a werewolf you might only be able to die by a silver bullet
3. Don't abandon your characters if you do not reply for a few days then I give permission to someone to control your character or "adopt" you.
4. Don't be gross.
5. You can have three powers! But... if you somehow find a way to switch powers you may. (So if your set on being a vampire then maybe you could be fast, strong and something else.

Character sheet:

Name:
Personality:.
Appearance:
History: (This doesn't have to be long or anything just a quick little bit.)
Other: (anything else important to your character)

That's it! SO have fun with it!
So happy to be back and writing, feels awesome =)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

teegaroo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Magic High (Open RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:00 pm

Name: Luina
Power: She can read minds and convince people to do things but mind controlling them
Appearance: Light blonde hair that goes down to her waist with pink highlights, deep blue eyes, and somewhat pale skin. Face features are quite pretty a sharp nose with soft eyes and round cheekbones.
Personality: She can be quite outgoing but at most times chooses not to be. She wants to be friends with everybody and puts others first. She likes to try and be mysterious but usually fails. She's extremely clumsy especially in front of boys.
History: She had a pretty normal life, other then her powers. She discovered them when she was 10 and since then nothing has been the same. Her mother can predict the future and her father is mortal. She's an only child.
Other: She loves to read and listen to punk rock music. She hates spiders and any other kind of icky bug. She is super nervous around boys and has trouble getting her words straight.

"Yea mom the plain ride was fine. Uhuh... yup. I'm almost there. OKay will do. Bye" Luina hung up her pone and parked her carin front of the giant school. "wow." Was all she managed to say as she stepped out of her car. She shut the door and looked around. It was beautiful it was just as she had imagined it. There was people everywhere, all of them rushing around trying to find dorms, finding old friends and looking for new ones. She started to walk forward as she took out her map. "Looks like dormitory sign up is over here...or is it over there?" Luina shook her head she couldn't concentrate with all of these voice in her head she concentrated on her map and the voices went to a low mumble. She started to walk forwards towards the giant doors.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:03 pm

Ooh! *.* Can I reserve a spot for right now? I don't have time to make a sheet ^^' I'll post ASAP!

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Yeah course you can!

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinigamivixen on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:39 pm

can i reserved a spot too?

shinigamivixen
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Yeah of course!

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:02 pm

Name: Kenji
Power: Control of the elements- Wind is his strong point
Personality: His personalitiy can be described as shy, and quiet... that is... if you don't know him. If you do know him, however you'll know that he's a guy who loves to have fun and who loves to make jokes. He's a gentlemen towards ladies, mostly to catch their attention, and enjoys showing off his elemental control of earth to grow beautiful flowers for them. He sometimes longs for a fight, and is good in hand-to-hand combat. When he's angry, you won't want to mess with him.
Appearance: Image
History: Kenji has always known that he has had powers, but he didn't discover he could use them until he was 9. His mother and his father both have powers; his mom can levitate, and his dad is able to transform objects into whatever he chooses (this however, takes a lot of energy). Kenji had tried to use his powers multiple times before they finally started working. He discovered them when lit a match without striking it first.

Other: Kenji is orignally a twin, his brother, however, died two years after they were born. Kenji has little memories of his brother, and every year, they go to visit his grave on the day of his death. Kenji does not believe in mourning the dead, however, and always visits him with a smile.
His blood is half vampire (NOT TWILIGHT... can't stand sparkly vampires), which comes from his father, and half mage, his mother's side. Because he has vampire in his blood, he does occasionaly require blood. He has never attacked anyone, though, and always has special pills with him to solve this problem.

Tell me if there's anything you need changed or added.

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Nopee thats perfectly fine. Definitely accepted!

"Yea mom the plain ride was fine. Uhuh... yup. I'm almost there. OKay will do. Bye" Luina hung up her pone and parked her carin front of the giant school. "wow." Was all she managed to say as she stepped out of her car. She shut the door and looked around. It was beautiful it was just as she had imagined it. There was people everywhere, all of them rushing around trying to find dorms, finding old friends and looking for new ones. She started to walk forward as she took out her map. "Looks like dormitory sign up is over here...or is it over there?" Luina shook her head she couldn't concentrate with all of these voice in her head she concentrated on her map and the voices went to a low mumble. She started to walk forwards towards the giant doors.

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morning_mist on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:52 am

Name: Suzu akana

Power: Can control people like puppets. Can teleport anywhere.

Personality: Very kind and gentle. Rarely gets angry, loves her family. Dosen't abuse her powers. Never really liked school. Her friends were very caring. Her nature is good hearted. But if you ever mess with her beloved ones she won't hesitate to kill you. Loves to play and have fun

Apperance:Image

History: Her parents loved her dearly. They were shocked to see her powers. Her friends mina and kim supported her and helped her. She never wanted to leave her parents. She hated her powers because she could'nt control it. Slowly she got used to it but can't perfect it. She never wanted to leave to magic high

Other: She loves to have fun. She is very afraid of the dark, and she has enough confidence to do almost anything. She dosen't like boys much especially if they flirt with her. The only thing she hates is having to be in a play.
Last edited by morning_mist on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The hardest thing in
...::LIFE::...
Is knowing which bridges to
...::CROSS::...
And which to
...::BURN::...

morning_mist
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morning_mist on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 am

Good bye bell (aka her nickname). We hope you visit us whenever you can. Bye mom don't worry i'll try to visit you guys. Okay honey her mother then left her alone with the other kids rushing by. Wow i can't believe how huge this school is! Okay mom told me to sign in first to get a dorm. If only i knew where it is she said sighing.

While musing over where the sign up thing was someone bumped into her. Bell looked around her dark gold eyes trying to see who bumped into her, but she didn't see anyone. How rude they probably didn't even look to see who they ran into probably! Oh well time to get going she said walking into the school.

Wow looks like the school is going midevil. She started to chuckle at her own bad joke. Who knows i could be a comedian someday.

Now to find that sign up sheet post thingy she thought. Damn this is to hard they should have a big red sign that says sign up thingy. After a couple of minutes looking she found it. She signed up and was ready to go.
Last edited by morning_mist on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

morning_mist
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinigamivixen on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:12 am

Name: Amane Shiragami
Power: She has the ability to manipulate Time, Wind and darkness.
Personality: Amane is a very shy girl with a good heart and a friendly personality. But because she was born with a weak constitution she was always sick and always going back and forth to the hospital. And that alone hinders her from ever having friends. Shes also an avid reader and seldom leaves her dorm room except when classes and eating. Sometimes she would read her classmates fortune if they asked her to which is nearly all the time.
Appearance: Image
History: Amane grew up in a wealthy loving family but at an early age her parents were killed in an plane crash. Her grandfather took custody of her but he too died of an illness when she was 12 she inherited her parents along with her grandfather´s assets and businesses. Eventually her grandfather told her as a last wish to enroll in Magic High since it was a friend of his who was actually running the school. He knew about her powers even if she doesnt use it much. She obeyed her grandfathers wish a few years later. She knew about her powers and was able to use them since she was 4
Other: Amane has a high IQ level of 300 and a very sharp photographic memory. Shes also a 7th dan in martial arts.

(can i still join?)

shinigamivixen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhisperedLies on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Name: Raine "Wyntre" Starr. (Please call her Wyntre.)
Power: Blood control. She can speed up or slow down a person's blood by thinking of the person's face and clenching her right hand. There is a range limit for this, and that would be 50 feet. Speeding up blood causes heart attacks, and slowing down blood causes fainting.
Personality: Dark and mysterious, but also loving and affectionate. She's sarcastic sometimes, and other times she's deep and in-touch with people's feelings. Angered easily and cries easily.
Appearance:
120 lbs, 5'4".
History: Wyntre grew up in a strange environment. Her mother slept around as a result of being an alcoholic, therefore, Wyntre does not know who her real father is. She grew up knowing several men to be father figures, but each one soon abandoned her and her mother whenever Wyntre got angry. Her mother found out the reason for their leaving was Wyntre's power, and soon her mother sent her away to Magic High so she not only had to deal with her bastard child, but she would also have a man that wouldn't leave. Her mother does not claim her anymore and never mentions she has a daughter to anyone.
Other: Wyntre is searching for friends to understand her, and a guy she can call her own and be herself around (aka, true love). Deathly afraid of deep water.

(( Tell me if there's anything needed to be changed. :] I tried to make it detailed and short. :P ))
Last edited by WhisperedLies on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

you're building me up just to break me down.
Image you're being loud without a sound. Image
you're pasting me in just to cut me out.

hello fascination<3

WhisperedLies
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alero on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Name: Alex "Sabis" Duchenne
Power: Astral projection and manipulation
Personality: Friendly, cocky, a bit of a show off. At the same time, he is nervous around people he doesn't know, and has trouble controlling his temper.
Appearance: Long brown hair, usually kept in a ponytail, emerald green eyes with slight copper deposits, 6,1", 175 lbs, fairly muscular, wears a handmade necklace composed of twine, paper clips, and purple glass cut into a tear drop shape.
History: Alex had a fairly normal childhood, but even at a young age, he had anger problems. After seeing a therapist, he was advised to start meditating, as part of his daily routine. One day, during a meditation, he let his visualizations get out of hand, and before he knew it, his body collapsed, but he was still sitting. Scared, and unsure of what was going on, he managed to find his way back into his body. After some research, he discovered that he had accidentally discovered how to use astral projection. Soon, he abandoned his normal meditations and began honing this new ability. Then one day, he met another on the Astral Plane, who claimed to be from a school full of people who could do such things with ease. Since he was made fun of for meditating during lunch and on the bus, Alex decided to check it out. For the time being, he was only able to explore in the Astral Plane, but after he decided that he wanted to attend, his friend told him that he was actually looking to sponsor someone, and that he had potential. Needless to say, Alex's parents were not happy, nor were they able to stop him.
Other: Alex is afraid of spiders and needles.

Is this good?
Human meat must taste horrible, otherwise more things would eat us.
Den morosca tarotho yonasca a yazec penthara, inalkodethe, ahruneus galtha!
When you think it's all become too much to handle, remember, just keep going!

Alero
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhisperedLies on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:48 pm

(( I'm going to just enter in now... Boredom does that to you! Um, if you want me to edit anything, please let me know. :] ))

Wyntre looked up at the large school uneasily. It's menacing, sky-high towers and many windows gave her an odd feeling of paranoia. Biting her lip, Wyntre proceeded towards the towering academy that was labeled as "Magic High". She shuddered. The thought that there was such a school in such a world made her head spin. She ran a hand nervously through her light green hair and took another corageous step towards the school. She jumped when she heard the bus behind her bring the engine to life and drive off down the road and disappear out of sight. Well, there was no turning back now. She gathered her courage and kept walking, her knee-high, lace-up black boots crunching on the gravel below her. She slung the bag of important belongings over her right should carefully and tightened her grip on the large suitcase in her left hand. Wyntre inhaled deeply and stopped at the broad, magnificent gates, setting her suit case on the ground beside her and looked at the schedule in her right hand.

"Check in... Dorm Assignment... Ugh." She muttered unhappily. "I guess she really did want me gone."

Bitterly, she glared at the ground, not knowing where exactly to go. All she knew was that this was going to be a long year...

WhisperedLies
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myrlin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:56 pm

((can i join?))

Name: Myrlin Lingard

History: Myrlin's parents were often away on business trip overseas so he was always left with his grandfather, a retired marine. His grandfather often took him sailing and taught him all things water related such as boating, swimming and diving. Being raised by an ex-marine Myrlin had a strict but happy lifestyle learning how to be independent. On his 16th birthday, Myrlin received a sailboat from his parents and took it out to sea with his grandfather, coinciding with a freak storm that ripped apart the boat. Myrlin woke up floating formlessly above the ocean floor among the wreckage. His grandfather was no where to be found. Myrlin eventually found the School and this is his first year attending.

Appearance:
(the young man)

Personality: Myrlin was always a happy person but after the death of his beloved grandfather he grew solemn and sad, withdrawing into himself. His training with his grandfather gave him a clear mind that works well under pressure

Other: Myrlin suffers claustrophobia from the time he has trapped in the sinking wreckage of the sailboat

Myrlin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myrlin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Myrlin's entrance:
A sleek black BMW convertible drove up to the admission building of Magic High. Myrlin stared mesmerized through the tinted windows at the castle-like school. It radiated out a sense of otherworldliness that tugged at the curiosity in Myrlin's heart. Garth, his driver and family butler, held open his door and Myrlin stepped out.

"We are here," Garth said, "It does look wonderful doesn't it? But I'd wish you would reconsider staying with us. The master and mistress would be happy to have you live with them again."

"Thank you Garth," Myrlin said smiling at the middle aged man, "but i believe this is where I truly belong."

"Very well. Is there anything you would like me to pass on to the master and mistress?"

"Tell my parents that I know that..." Myrlin paused, "no, tell them that I love them and not to worry about me." Garth nodded and handed Myrlin his luggage then drove away. After the death of his grandfather Myrlin's parents had wanted to take him back to live with them but Myrlin knew his parents would have to stop work if they were to live as a family and so instead found and applied to this school for the “gifted”. His parents had respected his wishes.

Myrlin inhaled and grasped his suitcase tightly then strode up the stairs, through the grand metal gates and entered Magic High.

Myrlin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Boo7 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 am

Name: Ellie(Elenor) Smidt
Power: Ellie Can control ice, anything that deals with a cold climate she can control. For example, an enemy she can turn them into a frozen timemachine in the process
Personality: The most sensitive person you could meet, but that doesnt mean she likes being in a quiet corner. She likes attention and craves it despratley, and will do anything to get it.
Appearance: Light, crystal blue eyes, with the lightest hair color of blonde, pale skin
History: Ellie comes from an abusive family. Always of looking for a way to get free from her solitude her parents created.
Other:She wants to see the world from different eyes, but that doesn't mean good ones.

((I'm new so any tips is great! I've been roleplaying for sometime now though^_^))

Boo7
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:06 pm

All accepted! =] Thanks for joining! Ut's never to late to join so just jump in especially since were still at the beginning!

Luina sighed as she looked at her map... she was officially lost. She stopped where she was and looked around "God. How am i supposed to find my way around?" She started to look for someone who looked like they knew where they were going. She saw a girl with green hair, she had one blue eye and one green, her thoughts weren't worrying about where to go so she figured she must know at least somewhat where she is headed. Luina took a breath and walked up to her. (This is wyntre incase your wondering whom.)

"Excuse me, uhm im sorry to bother you but do you know where i should be headed? I need to find my dorm...and well I'm completely lost."

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Sorry guys. Everyone was posting pics of their characters this is luina. =]

Luina frowned at the girl when she made no reply but stopped a boy who was walking past them. He had fantastic blue hair and somewhat sharp facial features. She wasn't really interested in his thoughts so she turned down the voices and smiled at him. "Sorry to stop you, but uhm I'm new and lost any idea of where to go?" She kept her smile, if he didn't help her there was always the next option. She could convince him that he needed to show her where to go, but that was always a last option. Luina didn't like that articular power it made her feel...well evil. Convincing people to things that they wouldn't? What kind of sick minded freak would do that?

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhisperedLies on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Wyntre looked at the girl that talked to her. She sighed and went to open her mouth and tell her she didn't know what to do either, but the girl turned away. Wyntre wrinkled her nose. Well that was rude... She went to tighten her fist, but she stopped herself. "Easy, Wyntre... she hasn't done anything to you... yet." She sighed and decided to head inside the school, hoping she would get her dorm there and finally get settled in.

"Mm... Let's go..." She muttered, picking up her luggage and heading in, passing under the large gates.

WhisperedLies
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!