Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Mana Weavers

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Mana Weavers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:08 pm

The elitist of the magic-users... he stands above all mages and wizards, calling mana at his whim and using it to weave his own spells on the fly. A limitless power limited only by the skill of the weaver...

Blah blah. PM me if interested or if you have any ideas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue May 09, 2006 10:06 pm

*REVIVES INTEREST!*
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 10, 2006 7:36 am

So how are we going to build the storyline?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Yaaaay! RP that I can related with!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Mon May 15, 2006 9:27 am

*Has no idea if this has been responded to in PM or not... so Shayna publicizes and updates the topic sorta.* Easy, you incorporate it into a war, right? Have you ever read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series? In there are a couple of examples of mage wars that would be cool to have on here with our own twist.

Or we could do a quest. D&D style, w00t. I mean, there's always some scepter or ball that needs to be found before so-and-so much time has past. Or some person that needs saving. Lol.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon May 15, 2006 2:36 pm

Forgive me for being semi-unoriginal, but it seems it would fit well here. I rather like the elitist part, in that they go to some random place to settle some random conflic that is well within their abilities, only to discover there is a far greater threat that may threaten the region/planet/universe. Yadda.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Mon May 15, 2006 3:16 pm

Yeah, I like the idea too. But what would be a good SL? ^^ I mean, what -is- threatening the universe/world/er...city?

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon May 15, 2006 5:43 pm

Draegloth! *cough cough cough*

Ahem....undoubtedly some "great force" that shouldn't be reckoned with, and pardon my intrusion, but how about when they fight for the saving of the planet, they accidentally unlock the power they were trying to supress, etc?

I know, I'm no original either.
I am Digit. I am a Forum Junkie. Hear me roar.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon May 15, 2006 7:20 pm

Lol, 's all good. All originality flows from some base Archetype. Anywho, all sounds good to me, I'm waitin' on Eric's input.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon May 15, 2006 7:46 pm

My friend just had an idea, though it involved making a site, not a story, here it is.

Or I should make a game where there's one huge, big treasure and only one person can have it and make loads of people fight over it and make tons die...And it doesn't exist.

Hah, that'd be the greatest irony, though I believe he's not that original either.

No one is v_v

Excuse my double post :D

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Tue May 16, 2006 8:48 am

LOL! That sounds funny, but why make another site for that when we can just host it here on gwing? ^^ So... how about this:

We have some huge force that has gotten bored over the millenias and has decided to put its/their/his/her hand back to change the fate of millions. In doing this, it/he/she lets loose a rumor in the ear of one or several of the main character's about a huge treasure left over from some other era that can only be unlocked with the death of three specific people (may be chosen at the beginning OOCly or may just end up being the three in the RP at random). We can have time travel dreams and also one time travelling person trapped in this time that we are holding this. The rest can be wizards and mages (to an extent), average Joe's (humans!) and the elite will lead them all! *Deep breath.*

*Poses and such after tossing that out.*...What do you guys think about that?

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue May 16, 2006 10:42 am

The original Grimbold Theoman was a archmage, run in Rolemaster. He was given to me as a full set of numbers and spell lists but with no character at all. The world we were playing in was ICE's Shadow World. I just started to get a handle on the character when I was given a couple of more things to take in he was half Dragon Lord, if memory serves, thus probably immortal though we never found out, he had access to the mana spell lists a few were innate scarily powerful character but the guy running the game gave it to me so I thought what the hell let's go with it.

Why have I told you all this, I am not at all sure but I thought it may be interesting. I have always had a thing about playing spellcasters of various sorts. Always interested in putting them in new situations too, lots of fun.

Just don't ask about the Shadowrun ideas I have still to use!

Sorry for all the bloody yak now to bring this back roughly to topic from my own digressions are we talking about mages into the AC universe or another milieu and story to be introduced?

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue May 16, 2006 12:27 pm

Another storyline, most likely a onetopic...

More of a new character class for D&D, I'd think... Mage... Wizard... Weaver.

Or prestige class, from Mage?

=D

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue May 16, 2006 12:53 pm

I will have to go back and look at Mage again, I have never had the chance to play it sadly my group took against it. Would be an interesting starting off point though.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

It's coming along! Whhheeeeeee!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Tue May 16, 2006 3:03 pm

Definitely a prestige class Eric. *Agrees some more.* From Mage I would think. I generally play healers with mana tendencies, though I don't usually have major powers, maybe I'll pull out the stigmata. *Grins.* It'd match with this character too! Heeeey, we've got something coming along here.

I think it'd be cool to have this as just a thread in whatever that new world is. Or maybe even earth with magic brought in around whatever era everyone wants it to be. What say you guys?

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue May 16, 2006 3:13 pm

All this talk has started off a few thoughts that can't be denied I have a plan though it sits in a different era. Not sure if it will come off but you never know..... watch this space. No actually watch some other space it will be fun if it happens.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Ooher.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Tue May 16, 2006 3:21 pm

You have a plan you say? *Interest quirked here.*

[Bad Shayna! No past tense on the noun! *Fwaps the back of her hand gently and whimpers.*]
Last edited by Kessa Cirtos on Tue May 16, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue May 16, 2006 4:54 pm

It rather depends on other people, but essentially, we are talking more or less Mage Sorcerers Crusade slightly modified for use online and with all the wonders of renaissance europe to play with the politics the art the struggle between church state and the nagi fabulous opportunities for character based role play. It could be most fun and with some of the players potentially involved there will be a guarantee of machiavelian twists of plot and such.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Tue May 16, 2006 5:14 pm

Sounds like Roma-Brasova! *Grins widely and ducks out.*

But that sounds like fun to me.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue May 16, 2006 5:42 pm

It looks similar the biggest difference is the setting which in this case is Europe of around 1500 but with the addition of magick. That places things smack in the middle of the most dramatic time in European history with the Medici and the Borgias playing at politics in a way never seen before or since Martin Luther is forming the early protestant church the inqusition is ranging across the holy roman empire and persecuting witches all over the place. Da Vinci, Botticelli, and Michelangelo are working on some of the worlds most exqusite art, education is spreading, universities are springing up all over the known world exploration is increasing knowledge and the world is shrinking; and into all that we throw Magi, stand back and watch the sparks fly. Aahhhh so much fun could be had

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue May 16, 2006 5:49 pm

Um... I must have the Noobiest question here...

I was wondering who all's going to be involved.

Everyone that you can find?

Probably, I just like to ask stupid questions..

*Fwaps back of his hand like Kessa*

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.