Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Manhattan, NY

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Manhattan, NY

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:42 pm

The destruction of the Einhardt facility was devastating to say the least, and the loss of life there will never be forgotten. However, I think that now would be the time for Novello Enterprises to take advantage and start building a new research and manufacturing facility in North America.

Dante leans back in his chair as he finishes the last line of his proposal to the board of directors wondering if they will actually proceed with the proposal, or toss it aside like they always do. With a heavy sigh, he turns slightly in his chair, props his feet on his desk and looks out the window at the city bustling below him. His green eyes dark with a building anger at the board always discrediting his ideas.

"Asses"

He reluctantly pulls his feet to the floor, turns back to his computer, and sends the proposal.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:41 pm

Dante sat at his desk, staring out the window into the illuminated night sky of the city when he heard a bleep come from his computer. He turned to look at it and saw that an answer from the board of directors had arrived. He opened the email and began to read.

My Dearest Cousin,
I hope all is well for you, and that this email finds you in good health. Especially after the fiasco surrounding your Viragos.

Pleasantries aside, the board of directors appreciates your recommendations to no end. However, we feel that it would be in our best interests to stay in the field of making wines. It would be an unnecessary risk to our company and to our lives to invest in making weapons. Especially with the growing threat from the Colonies and the current political strife associated with said group. Perhaps, in the future we may revisit this proposition.

Thank you again for your recommendations.

Yours Truly,
Alessandra Novello

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:58 pm

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?!"

Anger bursting out of him, he stands up swiftly, sending his chair flying backwards into the wall. He stomps over to the liquor cabinet and slams it open, pulls out a bottle of single malt scotch and sloshes into a glass. He quickly downs the shot, leaving his eyes watering and his throat burning. The entire time thinking to himself, Why the hell did they send me here in the first place if they knew they would just reject the proposal? He started to walk back to his desk and stopped mid step as a thought just dawned on him.

"Alessandra..."

His green eyes narrow, and a rage builds behind them.

"She is behind this all that bitch. Father should not have given her a position on the board. That deceitful, lying little..."

He stops his ranting suddenly as his communicator started to buzz.

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:16 pm

He hurriedly steps to his desk and picks up the communicator.

"Dante.

A deep resounding voice responds.

"Nipote, ho ricevuto appena la decisione dei bordi."

"Zio Antonio, devo dire che non sono suprised dalla vostra chiamata. Avevo ricevuto appena un email dalla vostra figlia Alessandra con la decisione dei bordi."

"Amperora, allora lo ha battuto ad esso. Notevolmente sono deluso nei direttori. Ho pensato che la vostra proposta fosse pensiero buono fuori e realmente degno il nostro tempo. Come voi detti, ora è il momento di ramificarsi fuori."

Dante bites his tongue so as not to say anything about Alessandra.

"Apprezzo il vostro zio di sostegno. Sto sperando che il bordo dei direttori veda il mio punto di vista nell'immediato futuro.

"Farò il mio Dante migliore per incitarlo a vedere il vostro punto di vista."

Antonio's voice deepens with menace, and disconnects the call.

Dante stands dumbfounded in front of his desk, staring at the communicator in his hand. His mind reels at thought of what Antonio was suggesting. Would he really stoop that low. He thinks to himself. He shakes himself slightly, and then narrows his eyes at the thought of strangling Alessandra. A small smile crosses his thin lips. Perhaps Uncle was right in wanting to be more persuasive with the directors.

OOC Translation:
Nephew, I just received the board's decision.

Uncle Antonio, I have to say I am not suprised by your call. I had just received an email from your daughter Alessandra with the board's decision.

Ah, she beat me to it then. I am greatly disappointed in the directors. I thought your proposal was well thought out and actually worth our time. Like you said, now is the time to branch out.

I appreciate your support Uncle. I am hoping that the board of directors will see my point of view in the near future.

I will do my best Dante to make them see your point of view.

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Dante puts the communicator into his trouser pocket, shuts off his computer, and walks to the door while whistling Bolero. With a quick glance around his office, he shuts off the light and locks the door. He walks down the hallway of his apartment, all the while thinking about the things he would like to do to Alessandra and the rest of the directors. He reaches the front door, and stops whistling. His eyes grow dark with intensity of thought. He pauses as his hand reaches for the door knob. He quickly whips around and trots back to his office. He fumbles with the lock, and once open, flips on the light, and plops down in his chair behind the desk. He flips on the computer, and opens his email program to compose a new message.

My Dearest Alessandra,
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly with the boards decision.

A window pops up as he is typing stating that he has a new email. He opens the new email and begins to read.

Dante,
I thought you would find this interesting.

Antonio

Attatched to Antonio's email is one from Alessandra. Curiously, Dante opens it.

On reviewing this latest proposal from Dante, I have to ask myself why he is so bent on building weapons, and then it dawned on me. He is trying to use this company to further his own ends in war mongering and developing new armament for himself to replace the one he destroyed. As such, I recommend that we yet again, deny this proposal as I do not see how it will benefit this company. It would only put our lives in jeopardy.

Alessandra Novello

Dante clutches the side of his desk, his knuckles turning white as he reads the email over and over again. He is trying to use this company to further his own ends... He keeps rereading that one sentence over and over again until it is burned into his mind. His eyes blazing with the anger within, he returns to the email he was writing.

Alessandra,

I hope this email finds you writhing in your own guilt for what you have done. Without us developing and manufacturing weapons, Earth is defenseless against the Colonies. Millions of people will die if a full scale war is declared and it will be your fault. My proposal had nothing to do with furthering my own ends, but it seems, my down fall is your goal in life. You will regret the day you made that decision.

Dante

He hits the send button with an authoritative punch. Leans back in his chair and glowers out the window.

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:26 pm

A message arrived for Dante Via E-mail.

"Dante, Your cousin Seraphina is getting married. Unfortunately it is to an unknown frenchman that she claims is from a noble family. I expect immediate action.

Sophia.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:19 pm

Dante walks into his office from having breakfast with a few friends and sits down behind his desk. He turns on his laptop and gets immediate notification that his mother emailed him. As he reads Sophia's email, his face turns white. He sits back in his chair, his eyes a light with fire. He stares at the open email, his face looking more and more grave. With a jerk, he grabs the laptop, stands up, and throws it across the room where it shatters against the wall. He turns around, grabs the jacket that he left hanging on the back of his chair, and walks out of the apartment in a near calm manner.

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.