Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Mars and her colonies

a topic in Gundam Wing: The Jupiter Chronicles, a part of the RPG forum.

Custom game.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:35 pm

Mike took the hand the Seto offered to help him up.

"Yes, yes that's right. But please, just call me Mike. Yes I'm on a few days worth of leave and it would honor me to join you. So, what brings you back to Mars, I didn't think there were any more meetings for at least a week."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:52 pm

Seto smiled, hiding his true feelings towards the question.

"No, there aren't any meetings, I just came here to visit an old friend for a bit. Do you know Dr. Barton? Brilliant man that one. An expert with humans and machines."

Seto motioned with his left hand and the two men began walking towards the exit

"You know, Dr. Barton helped me out when I was younger. Saved my life he did, but that's another story for another time. So tell me, how have you been? It's been over a year since the last meeting."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:47 pm

"I've heard of Dr. Barton but I've never actually met him, and I didn't know that he was stationed here or that he saved your life. I guess we all have to thank him for that one!"

The two men climbed into the car that had arrived shortly after Seto's arrival. The driver was out and was holding the door open for the two of them. Mike thanked the driver, who answered with a slight bow, before closing the door behind them.

"I'm not used to this sort of treatment. We're not going to a fancy place are we? I mean no offense, but I'm not exactly dressed for a place like that, nor do I have any desire to go to a place like that Mr. Kusanagi."

Mike looked around the car; it was much more spacious than he would have guessed from looking at it from the outside. There was a TV embedded into the way just below the drivers screen, a cooler on the left side of the car, Mike guessed filled with wines and champagnes and a computer that also seemed to be built into the car.

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:06 am

"I'm not used to this sort of treatment. We're not going to a fancy place are we? I mean no offense, but I'm not exactly dressed for a place like that, nor do I have any desire to go to a place like that Mr. Kusanagi."

Seto let out a laugh as Mike spoke. He always found this sort of routine amusing.

"Please, just call me Seto. Between the two of us, I hate fancy things as well. Well, I don't hate them, but I've got to do so many of them that I just don't want to do them when I don't have to. Besides, this is actually my first trip to Mars, well the actual planet, so I have no idea what's around here. Got any suggestions?"

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:32 am

Mike couldn't believe this. Here he was, just a squadron leader from the Scorpio and Seto was talking to him and treating him like an equal. Seto really was one hell of a guy.

"Well as you can see, there aren't that many places on Mars, let alone to eat, but I do know a few places. It's on Main Street and Mars Avenue, it's a cafe called the Cornerstone."

Set leaned forward and told the driver, who nodded and began driving.

Mike was actually surprised to hear that Seto didn't like fancy things. He had believed that if someone went to fancy places, that they always went to fancy places, and enjoyed all the high end society jazz.

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:48 am

It was a short drive to the Cornerstone Cafe. Seto and Mike made small talk the whole time. Once they were there, the driver quick dashed around the car to open the door for them.

"My my, this is a nice place. When you told me it was on the corner of Main and Mars I expected it to be a big place. This is perfect."

It was a fairly small place, single floor building, red and white stripped awning with several white plastic table set up with umbrellas shading them. A couple was sitting at one of the table chatting away about something. They paused for a second when they saw Seto and began whispering while looking at him. Seto was used to this, either they didn't approve of his beliefs or they were trying to determine if it was him or just someone that happened to look like him. Seto and Mike took a seat inside the actual cafe. There was a pair of drink coolers containing everything from sodas to chilled teas. There was also a chilled display case where there were different types of sandwiches were on display There was a man behind the counter doing a cross word puzzle and a waitress who skipped over to them when they sat down.

"What can I get for you gentlemen?"

Seto scanned the sandwiches and gave it a quick thought.

"Some sort of a club sandwich? And a coffee to drink please."

"Sure thing hun, and for you?"

She turned to Mike.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:53 pm

Mike didn't even have to think about it.

"Give me something with melted cheese and meat on it, with just water to drink please."

"Sure thing. I'll go ring that up for you gents."

The waitress skipped off and Mike watched her go with interest. Mike turned back to see Seto looking at him with a large grin on his face.

"Sorry, force of habit, I used to eating alone or with a bunch of other guys just like me."

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:24 am

"Why there is no need to apologize my friend. After all she [i]is an attractive lady. So how long have you been a pilot for the EMDA?"[/i]

The food arrived as Seto asked his question. Seto thanked the waitress and lifted the sandwich to his mouth, taking a bite. He liked it, he liked it a lot.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:29 am

"Well, it's been about......."

Mike was cut off by his communicator giving a loud buzz.

"Sorry, I need to take this."

Mike activated the receiver and placed it to his ear, listening to the message. His eyes grew wide and his body began to shake slightly.

"Holy hell!"

Mike quickly stood up, bumping the table and knocking several things over.

"There's a massive assault force approaching from Jupiter! Seto, you need to get out of here now!"

Mike grabbed Seto by the arm and dragged him to the waiting car.

"Take him to the space port on the double!"

The driver nodded and speed off as soon as Mike closed the door behind Seto. Mike quickly turned and ran towards a car, knocking the man out of the way that was getting ready to climb in. Mike quickly shifted into gears and speed off as fast as the car could go towards the EMDA HQ.

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:54 am

(Welcome to War-Zone people!)

A shuttle concealed as a rather small meteor flew overhead at an FTL speed. Zooming like a shooting star, the heat gathered in it very quickly.
"You're losing protection and generating heat too fast! Slow down, slow down!"
"Godammit, I can't!"
"Then open up!"
"Will do!"

The shuttle revealed it's true colour of metallic silver and white, the markings of the Earth Protectorate flashed as it flew forward at a terrific speed. Dennis's voice blared over all the battle stations on Earth territory.
"This is Captain V.Ritchoven! IGX-02-M, Angel, Taking Off!" The shuttle broke apart into four pieces and dropped to the space as a huge, pure white, unidentified mobile suit unleashed itself as a ball in the air, unfolded, and formed it's humanoid shape.
"Attention, Martian Forces." He voice came over the reception.

"This is the Earth Assistance Scheme, Operation RGIEF. Gather all your defenses, and assist all mobile suits in holding back JAF." He cut the reception and refused to say anymore.
The body of the Mobile suit lighted up as tinges of gold flashed in the dark, starry night. The whirring engines activated the systems as the mobile suit blasted into the air and towards the approaching JAF. "You cocky colonizers!" He shouted as the wing-like structures on Angel undetatched and formed a perfect angle.
The formation made the mobile suit look like an angel descending from the skies.

The body of the mobile suit jerked violently as he spun around, out of control. "Wrong button." He muttered as the Mobile suit flew steadily toward the huge fleet.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Running into the pilot locker room, he changed quickly into a flight suit, its seals automatically locking up to protect the pilot from the dangers of vacuum. Placing his helmet on, he checked that it was firmly attached to the flight suit, and he ran out, the mess of pilots boarding fighters, command orders for mobile suits, and the ground crews making the entire hangar deck seem like a hellish mess of humans. “And this is just the mobilization of our forces,” Uchnos thought “The actual combat will be hell, but then again I live for this kind of stuff”. Huffing, he ran to his fighter, the Su-37 model G fighter. Several ground crew had just finished loading up its weapons, twin 37mm heavy cannon, a Mstronsky beam laser for heavy engagement, and several extra missile pods for saturation based attacks, in addition to his normal ARM-20 anti-fighter missiles. The older fighter, built on the Jupiter research platforms booted up, its weapons readout, and main sensors going online. As the fighter was moved by the ground crew to the catapult, (an EM accelerator to launch the fighters and mobile suits) Uchnos did his final pre flight countdown. “Main engines set to zero, ion engines at full charges, weapons loaded, and all systems are green. Launch Blue Squadron Leader! The deckmaster complied, launching the pilot into space, the fighter’s engines activating at the end of the hang time. Immediately after orienting himself, two targets came into Radar range. “Those defense satellites must be killed so we can take the planet mars. “all wings, break formation and focus on getting thorough their defenses to that weapons platform. “he sighed and prepared for this battle would not be an easy one.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanjuro on Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:05 pm

Apophis entered his MS, he quickly began to make a last minute check of the system, he only had about thirty minutes till he launched. This check was pretty much unnecessary because he had already done it about three times the day before. He was a bit obsessive but once the system check came back green, about two seconds after that he made a quick check of the weapons. His beam rifle, head vulcans, and beam saber were fully loaded and operational. With the checks done he made sure that his suit was fully secured and that it was operating, he then closed the door and strapped himself in to the chair. The last thing he need was to float out of the seat during the fight. All he needed to do was sit tight until it was his turn to launch.

“ I guess that I could call Reno and ask him what kind of battle formation we would be in.” Apophis said to himself. He then reached over to the comms system and hailed Reno from his MS.
Byakugan

Sanjuro
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:30 pm

Before Seto even knew what was happening he was back in his car speeding off towards the spaceport. He had heard Mike say that an assault force from Jupiter was arriving. This wasn't good; he was being forced back to Earth without his medication. He'd let Dr. Barton know once he was back what had happened, it wouldn't be a problem to ship the medication back to Earth, at least Seto hopped it wouldn't.

Once he was back at the spaceport, Seto sent a message back home to let Faye and Jeeves know he was coming back earlier than expected. He didn't mention anything about the assault force, either they knew already or they would soon enough. Once the shuttle was ready Seto settled himself in and barley had time to strap himself down before the shuttle lurched forward.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omikron on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:09 pm

Reno's eyes were darting back and forth over the console, ETA minus 30 minutes and counting. The hail from Apophis startled him a bit, but only a bit. Without takin his eyes from the console in front of him,Reno thumbed on the comm.

"Prepare for launch, standard V attack formation." Reno's voice would be echoing through all the cockpit's of squad 8's MS's.
"And remember don't bunch. The fighter's are going to be takin care of most of the satelites, but there will sill be a few. Attack them in groups, but spread out groups."
Reno lookedoff into space, and exhaled slowly. This was it the moment he and all the other pilots had been waiting for. Reno did one last weapons check, taking into account his Beam Glaive worn across the Greymalkin's back. As he waited for the launch he prayed silently for his comrades, some he knew would not live, but he hoped that their deaths would not be for nothing.

Omikron
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:23 pm

The Mobile suit increased it's speed rate, then the four wings broke apart from the main mobile suit and formed into large hulking automatic-movement beam guns that started to spew out lasers at the enemy fleet by themselves.

"Angel" flew forward, and with a lurch drew out the SMP-Beam Rifle and pointed it the first few fighters. The Mobile Suit quickly sent it's advanced systems to pinpoint the locations of the Mobile Suits and the beam rifle, amazingly fired off ten shots at once.

Each with deadly accurancy went off to look for it's target. Then he pushed the Jet Engines forward once more, pulling back as the MS's head opened up and released two small machine gun units mounted on it's sides. The machine guns fired viciously at the nearest fleet.
"One person will give you hell!" He swore into the enemy reception.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:39 pm

The massive beam cannon hit the members of Red Squadron blasting their fighters to near shreds, and the pilots were forced to wait for a rescue vessel. “Dammit, we lost red squadron,” Uchnos thought as he activated his radio frequency jammers, he laughed at the wild voice over the com. “Arrogant mobile suit, I’ll show him hell.” Uchnos launched one of his missiles, the rocket traveling at about 30% of C, its actual impart power quite immense. “This should be a nice distraction for the defense lasers.” he thought, watching the massive station’s lasers punch a hole in the missile, its explosion activating the small hydrogen core, realizing the fusion explosive, its brightness lighting up an area of about 30 KM with slight beta some gamma and a few alpha particles. “Slight oversight on my part, but this ship can handle lethal gamma rays,” The star fighter seemed to agree ad he vectored towards an attacking fighter, which had fired one aGM-9 on him. The jamming helped the missile instead hit a nearby piece of wreckage, but Uchnos knew that this battle would not be won by luck, It would be a contest of skill. He then focused his main thrusters on the attack station, firing a volley of fusion based explosives at it, hoping that they could hit something. “Second squadron, focus on anti-fighter tactics and then fire your main missiles strait at the orbital laser," All of a sudden Uchnos smiled, realsing that there was jamming in the space, he would have to send al orders by point to point LASER! beacuse of this, the station could be tricked, but only for a short while. Loading up his comabt plans, he sent them to the JSF cap ship via a short encoded laser pulse, doging two ESU attack fighters. The order sent, he sighed. “I may need those mechs after all, I cannot fire a traditional nuclear weapon in space, and the fusion bombs do not have enough speed to avoid those lasers. will have no effect, Damn nuclear physics…” Looking at the ESU pilot on his 5 he fired a blast frm the laser at him. "Well I hope that command recived my sugestion, beacuse I want to se those Earthies and their mars allies fall."

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:34 pm

The mobile suit's body seemed to be covered with a layer of gel that led to it shining like legends of lore. "Angel" flew up in the air as the as the wings flew back and folded, slamming themselves back into the MS Unit.
With that, both arms of the mobile suit, two long poles protruded and blades swung out sprouting with lasers. The pink, ultra-infared lights formed a blade. The two poles joined together and fastened, the MS swung the double beam-spear proudly.

Rushing forward wielding the weapon with well skilled accurancy, it started to bat down the fighters or maim the wings. He had to get rid of the stronger and more skilled ones, he located Uchnos and the spear went back into it's arms.

Raising the SMP Beam Rifle, and raised it towardsw the fighter. "Lets see you dodge that, agile one." He fired off three heat seeker shots that surrounded the fighter. The MS then flew upwards as the shots from the enemy fleet bounced off it's armour.
"Four....Five!" The gel of protection wore off as the MS recharged.

Angel pulled back and pointed the rifle at enemy units, shooting beam after beam with deadly accurancy.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:15 pm

The Heat seeking shots on his 270, he ejected the missile pods, in an attempt to have them absorb the energy cannon. The shots, hitting the external missile pods, and exploding, caused the Su-37 to recoil, the pilot inside jarred. “Systems damaged, but I still have enough power to retreat from the explosion. The speed used to escaped started to damage his engines, forced him to re think his strangely. “These mobile suit have some sort of energy shields! I must figure out a way to actually attack their powerful armor.” Uchnos headed back towards the JSF lines, knowing that he would have to figure out a way to combat the mobile suits.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05 am

"SEND OUT OUR FIGHTERS NOW! WE'VE GOT TEN MINUETS BEFORE THE CANNON CAN RECHARGE! AND ACTIVATE THE DEFENSIVE SATILITES!"

The bridge on board the Gemini was a mess. People were running back and forth orders were being shouted across the room and on every view screen there were flashing images of JAF carriers, fighters or capitol ships. The usually empty blackness of space had been filled with ships and explosions that ignited the darkness. Kathy had never seen anything like it.

---------------------------

"As soon as they fire the cannon a second time, launch the MS troops! After that they'll need more time to recharge the Gemini Cannon, in that time the MS squads can launch and disable it."

Sergei watched and waited. The capitol ship was out of ranger of Gemini's cannon but the JAF troops weren't and they had lost a massive amount of troops on that first shot. Unfortunately that was necessary; lose some fighters so that the Mobile Suits could do the damage they needed too. Sergei watched with wide eyes as the Gemini Cannon began to glow once again. Sergei counted down softly.

"Five.....four.....three.....two....one....."

As if on cue, the Gemini Cannon fired again right into a cluster of fighters. Sergei saw that there were Martian and JAF fighters there. They didn't care if they killed their own troops.

"ATTENTION ALL MOBILE SUITS! THE GEMINI CANNON WILL BE DOWN FOR THIRTHY MINUETS! ATTACK!"

Sergei watched as the blue streaks emerged one by one from the carriers and from his own capitol ship. Watching Mobile Suits launch was one of the most beautiful things Sergei had ever seen, the brilliant blue streak of their Vernier thrusters as they speed off towards their destination. Sergei just couldn't understand why Earth had decided to get rid of such beautiful creations.

-------------------------

Seto watched out the window of his shuttle as Gemini fired again. Why was something like that necessary? And why had the Jupiter colonies become so angry with Earth that they had decided to invade? Seto let out a sigh and closed his eyes, he was beginning to have a headache, but he didn't find that surprising, seeing what was happening behind him. Suddenly Seto's head felt like it was being split in two. He fell forward out of his seat to the floor.

"Must........not..........let him..out. Must stay in....control."

Seto let out a yell and then all was silent. The stewardess came back to see what was wrong, but it Seto was back in his seat looking out the window.

"Is everything alright Mr. Kusanagi?"

Seto turned and looked at her.

"Why yes, why wouldn't things be? How much longer until we arrive?"

"We still have a few hours Mr. Kusanagi, might I suggest you get some sleep. I believe that people will be expecting a report from you back on Earth."

"Yes. Yes I'm sure they will."

Seto looked back out the window as the stewardess gave a quick bow and returned to the cockpit with the captain. Once Seto heard the door close, a large grin spread across his face.

"You've suppressed me for years my dear Seto, but no longer. The chaos of the times has called for me instead of you. And since I'm here, I'll make sure that peace comes once and for all, the only way that it is possible. By destroying humanity once and for all!"

Seto's other personality, Ibiki, had been called forth by the chaos. And now that he was here, there was no chance of peace until everyone was dead, at least in his opinion.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanjuro on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:27 pm

Apophis sat there in his mobile suit waiting to be launched. Some time had passed, but he didn’t keep track of how long. Ha had begun to grow slightly dull, that was until he heard Sergei’s voice over that intercom:

"ATTENTION ALL MOBILE SUITS! THE GEMINI CANNON WILL BE DOWN FOR THIRTHY MINUETS! ATTACK!"

His heart began to race, his breathing began to increase, his mind racing with attack patterns and maneuvers. He moved his mobile suit in the proper place so that when he got the green light to launch he would come out with the rest of squad eight. It would take a couple of minutes until he got to launch. The rest of squad eight was in position for launch and they got the green light. When he, and the rest of squad eight finally got out of the ship via the opened cargo bay door opened and they quickly launched. About thirty seconds later or so they got enough clearance to get into formation.

Once they got into the proper formation, Apophis hailed Reno.
“ I don’t mean to step over rank or anything, but I recommend we take out that mobile suit as soon as possible. I don’t like what I heard over the radio. It could pose a really threat to our troops. Just tell me what you want to do and I would go along with it.” And with that he awaited for Reno’s respond.

Sanjuro
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.