Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Marvel RP: Heroes of Earth

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Marvel RP: Heroes of Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Illusionist on Sun May 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello. I am a high ranking agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. I will remain nameless for my own protection. What I'm going to reveal to you shortly requires levels of clearance that you couldn't dream of. You are to delete this message immediately after reading. If you received this message it's because you are in someway exceptional and now, more than ever, the the human race needs your help to survive. I'll start from the beginning.

We all saw the signs: local heroes popping up here and there, saving cities from disaster; the fantastic four, spider-man; people around us changing -- mutating -- and suddenly having remarkable abilities. These incidents have been increasing over time and after careful review of our files I believe it's for a reason. There was an event called The Convergence, a rare alignment of the nine realms. Trust me, I'm not making this up. During this event, and the years leading up to it, the earth changed. It became a hotbed for objects and people of extraordinary power. We ignored these things, thinking that somehow we could go on with life as it was before. Those of us with powers thought we could blend in and be normal; live double lives. Those of us without thought that S.H.I.E.L.D. or the hero of the day would protect us from harm. This is no longer case.

Earlier this year an alien race called the Chitauri invaded Earth. We thought it was due to Loki, but I believe they had an ulterior motive, killing off earthlings before we harnessed the power The Convergence has granted us. The Avengers were thought to have stopped the invasion by destroying the hive but it was merely damaged, not destroyed. Many of the Chitauri who invaded our planet died, but many more survived. I know this because I've seen them. You've seen them. Just not in their reptilian form.

Shortly after the invasion I started noticing strange things going on in S.H.I.E.L.D.. Director Fury had taken a lot of heat for the disaster so I thought it was just stress causing him to act oddly. You may be familiar with the way S.H.I.E.L.D. now disposes of potentially dangerous objects. It's called The Slingshot Protocol; we launch things into the sun. This was originally designed as a hypothetical, truly last ditch fail safe to dispose of the Hulk if we ever lost control of him. Well Fury has been commissioning the Slingshot left and right for use on a variety of powerful items and even people before we have the chance to study them. This is not like Fury in the least. Recently with the help of a junior agent, I hacked into some sealed files and found the slingshot is not aimed at the sun. Earth is sending it's powerful objects elsewhere. My bet is the Chitauri home planet.

Fury has been compromised. I don't know if he's still alive or if the Chitauri that took his form has killed him. Either way we need to protect earth's powerful objects and people while we can before we become completely defenseless.

We've seen what amazing feats one team can accomplish, but this will require more. We need many teams. That's why I'm sending this letter to you. Attached is the location of a target near you ( 'target' referring to an object or person of great power that S.H.I.E.L.D. will soon be coming after). Also attached are the names and contact information of other exceptional people near you who have also received this letter. Gather with the others, get to the target first, and keep it safe. Assuming you survive and succeed, remain available for further instruction.

Image New York city is still in ruins. Global stock markets have crashed. The government's focus has been on preparedness for future attacks, and dealing with super powered individuals. Rebuilding has been put on the back burner. The death toll from the attack was in the millions. Many children have lost their parents and are forced to fend for themselves. Many people have lost their homes and their jobs and are living on the streets. New York has it the worst but the effects of the attack are world wide.

You are a New Yorker with special abilities and you've just received the above message. Your first instinct is to delete it without opening the attachments. You've received a hundred chain letters like these, many claiming that a religion predicted the disaster and is the only hope for salvation, others claiming that it was all a government conspiracy by a given political party... still this one is a bit more imaginative than the others. Your heart skips a beat as you double click the file named "Other Recipients"

--------------------

I've been wanting to start a Marvel RP with a really large scope, where people could jump in and out as needed. Multiple story lines, multiple locations, multiple groups etc. This would be the first group / story line of my alternate Marvel universe.

Everyone would be allowed to control a few marvel cannon characters but I'd want main characters to be original. That point is debatable though. If you're interested and would really rather use a cannon as your main let me know.

Anyone interested?
Last edited by Illusionist on Sun May 18, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep ... and miles to go before I sleep.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Illusionist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Marvel RP: Heroes of Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby claw on Sun May 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Hey, I'd be interested, on the condition I could play as an electrokentic Super.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

claw
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Sun May 18, 2014 4:40 pm

What limitations do you have in mind for powers? I'm willing to join, but if we have others that are literally immortal and invincible I do not think I would like to join.

The Based God
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Illusionist on Sun May 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Claw electrokenetic sounds good to me.

Based that's a good question. All the characters (by virtue of having received the letter) would be somehow on shields radar but not viewed as a big enough threat to warrant targeting so they shouldn't be godlike destruction machines. I want them to be limited but I haven't come up with any specific limits yet, other than restricting them to just one power. I was just going to tell everyone not to go overboard. I'm open to more specific suggestions though.

Illusionist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Sun May 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Alright, I like the one power per person idea. I'll be keeping an eye on this, please let me know when if you get it running.

The Based God
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Illusionist on Sun May 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Come to think of it, calling it "Heroes of Earth" probably isn't a good idea. That makes it sound like the characters will be ridiculously super powered. I'll have to come up with a better name. Maybe "Marvel: The Invasion"

Illusionist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Mon May 19, 2014 1:48 am

This looks very interesting. Let me know if you get it up and running.

Aftershock
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gundalive on Mon May 19, 2014 10:59 am

This sounds cool, i'd like to join if possible.

Gundalive
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Illusionist on Mon May 19, 2014 12:31 pm

I'm glad I'm getting some solid interest. I'll let everyone who replied here know when I make the RP. I'm planning for that to be the day after tomorrow.

Illusionist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deiocculus on Tue May 20, 2014 8:54 pm

This sounds like it could be entertaining. You can go ahead and count me in.
Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?

Enough to break the ice.

Hahahahhaha im a dork

Deiocculus
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WillCole on Tue May 20, 2014 10:47 pm

It certainly sounds like an interesting game. I'd love to be playing.

WillCole
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnightclub on Mon May 26, 2014 11:44 am

I'm also interested, if the game is still going to be running.

Midnightclub
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neodraconis on Fri May 30, 2014 2:46 pm

I think this sounds very intriguing and hope it can become something great. I would also like updates if this actually gets created. :)

Neodraconis
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby omnitricks on Sat May 31, 2014 12:06 pm

Interested because...Marvel, Superheroes, Aliens, etc :P

omnitricks
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!