Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mass Effect: Reaper

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Mass Effect: Reaper

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblenator on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:48 pm

OOC: mass-effect-reaper-ooc-t38496.html

IC:
Vaate stood with his hands clasped behind his back as he gazed out at the empty, endless void of space. His legs were slightly apart and in all he looked like a human drill instructor, about to begin a lecture on how to breach and clear. The room he was standing in, however, was not likely to be part of any military exercise. The room itself was semi-circular with the flat wall entirely occupied by a massive window showing the view of space; this was what Vaate was staring at. Opposite the window was a small, ugly door made from the standard metal, it would slide open when approached and snap shut when it detected no presence, aside from that, the rest of the room only had two benches on opposite sides and everything else was obviously elsewhere. Vaate let out a long breath and tried to compile his thoughts, he had been put in charge of the Iotowa following the word that the Reapers were coming, more troubling though was the Quarian admiral’s stance that the other races should not be welcome among Quarian ships. However the Council had shut them up with a thinly veiled threat about the Reapers attacking them first. Vaate slowly turned around and began to take slow, precise steps towards the door. The only sound in the room was the sound of his breathing and the clink of boot against metal. Vaate reached the door and stopped his mechanical steps for the briefest of times as the door cycled open. He made his way slowly towards the elevator which was forward and to his left, Vaate called the elevator and in less than a second the doors slide open and he stepped inside.

Arriving on the main deck he stepped out of the elevator and once again surveyed the familiar surroundings, the Galaxy Map in front of him for plotting courses, the various navigation terminals and the long passageway to the pilot’s seat. To the left and right of him were the doors to the armoury and science lab respectively. Vaate stepped out of the elevator and felt his foot hit the metal of the floor; he started towards the walkway to his left, still with slow, mechanical steps, and walked up past the galaxy map and down the long passageway with tech experts to the sides of him. He still liked to walk slowly in his ship, taking in every sight, every sound, the Iotowa was more than a ship to him, it was part of him.

Vaate reached the pilots chair and put one hand on the leather, letting the other sit by his side. The Helmsman, Robert Johnston, was busying himself in the controls. Even though, Vaate still asked him how long it was to get to Omega.
“Two hours, give or take a few minutes” Robert replied, his eyes still glued to the keyboard,
“Good, I want an update on our progress every half hour”
“Yes sir.”
Vaate turned around and started his way back down to the Galaxy Map, and from there, he thought, the armoury. That way he could check on his pistol’s firing mechanism, it had a slight delay on the trigger pull/firing ratio and needed to be sorted out. Vaate let out another deep breath and passed into the armoury.
Joker - "This is all Joker's fault. What a tool he was. I have to spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."
EDI - Ah, I have access to the defensive systems. Thank you, Mr. Moreau. Now you must reactivate the primary drive in engineering.
Joker - Argh! You want me to go crawling through the ducts again.
EDI - I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
Joker - *Blank Stare*
EDI - That is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7aU0sLAcs8

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oblenator
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Mass Effect: Reaper

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lycos on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Eryx sat in a small chair in the corner of the science lab, staring at the mechanism in front of him on the table. Taking a deep breath he stood up and walked over to the table, thinking non-stop about how to deal with the situation more than where he was walking. He stubbed his toe on the leg of the table and came to his senses as he stared at the device. It was about three feet in length and the outer shell looked rusted from years of being shelved. Eryx found the device on Illium prior to boarding the Iotowa and has yet to make any progress with it. Most of it was just junk, but the core could be used to improve the strength of his rifle and decrease over-heating.

Eryx turned around to the desk behind the table and picked up his PDA, recording a message onto it. "Once again this is Eryx Rios, currently aboard the Iotowa heading for the station of Omega. I have yet to make any progress in finding a way to remove the core without damaging it and at this rate we will reach that God Forsaken place before I do. Its not as much the complexity of the device as it is the location of the core. It is off 3 centimeters from where it should be which surprises me as this was clearly a once sturdy object. I could try precise deconstruction with numerous types of acid, but where would the fun in that be... signing off." Eryx put the PDA back on the desk and moved over to the computer to find some background data on similar objects.
All anyone wants is a normal life and a cool car... most people settle for the car.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lycos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

A large, dark shadow covered the floor of the armory as Krag began to put his shotgun back together. He had taken it apart for inspection and to see if any repairs/upgrades needed to be made. A warrior was only as good as his weapon after all, and Krag saw to it that he was the best warrior no the ship. Not only had he been bred for battle, but on the Iotowa it was his job. He was in charge of security and being the muscle that Vaate needed to punch through certain obstacles.

Ah, Vaate’Yonyyt vas Iotowa nar Ronnya... Krag said the name in his head as he assembled his shotgun. In his eyes, all other races were prey, fragile and weak. But this quarian was...different. Krag had never seen him in battle before but he sensed something about the captain that made him worthy of his rank. By no means did Krag trust him, but the captain did deserve respect. Only in battle could Krag learn more about him.

He clenched his fists as memories of battle and war flashed through his skull. A crooked smile appeared on his face as he thought back to a thresher maw that nearly ended his life. Those were the glory days, fighting and killing enemies daily. Now he was stuck on this boat babysitting humans, quarians, salarians, and blasted turians. If the pay was any worse, Krag might of decided not to join the crew.

Krag's eyes shot up as his instincts informed him that someone was coming inside the armory. "Captain." Krag barked in his deep voice as he gave a quick salute then went back to fixing his weapons.
(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. He has a cameo on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Lerro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evermember on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:26 am

Iru'sha stared at his Omni Tool for a moment as he quickly read a message from his brother.

Dear Brother

We are worried about you little brother. We never here from you except for the occasional holiday and even then you just stand around tinkering with you damned Omni Tool. Whats are you up to? You send us a huge amount of credits every few months but how do you get them brother? Are you a thief? are you a spectre? Please brother we are all worried about you we want to know what is happing to you.

From
Uink Nagaina

Iru'sha shook his head for a moment as he quickly type his usual excuse of being to busy working on a project but not to worry about him. He also added a good chunk of credits from his account into the email as he usually did during this time of the year. He sent the message and then started to tinker with his already highly modified omni tool attempting to make it even better then it already was. He increased the amount of adrenaline that would be shot into him if he would go into combat and completely reprogrammed his AI spike hacking system and refurbished his drone in a matter of moments. He couldn't help but smile at this because he had done something that took most salerians days if not weeks to do in a matter of minutes but then again that was why he was good at his job. "Speaking of jobs i should find the commander of this rust bucket before i go out into the field so i can determined exactly what he expects of me and for me to tell him exactly how much i expect to be paid." he said as he started walking through the corridors.

is the illusion reality or is reality just a illusion.

evermember
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evermember on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:27 am

Iru'sha stared at his Omni Tool for a moment as he quickly read a message from his brother.

Dear Brother

We are worried about you little brother. We never here from you except for the occasional holiday and even then you just stand around tinkering with you damned Omni Tool. Whats are you up to? You send us a huge amount of credits every few months but how do you get them brother? Are you a thief? are you a spectre? Please brother we are all worried about you we want to know what is happing to you.

From
Uink Nagaina

Iru'sha shook his head for a moment as he quickly type his usual excuse of being to busy working on a project but not to worry about him. He also added a good chunk of credits from his account into the email as he usually did during this time of the year. He sent the message and then started to tinker with his already highly modified omni tool attempting to make it even better then it already was. He increased the amount of adrenaline that would be shot into him if he would go into combat and completely reprogrammed his AI spike hacking system and refurbished his drone in a matter of moments. He couldn't help but smile at this because he had done something that took most salerians days if not weeks to do in a matter of minutes but then again that was why he was good at his job. "Speaking of jobs i should find the commander of this rust bucket before i go out into the field so i can determined exactly what he expects of me and for me to tell him exactly how much i expect to be paid." he said as he started walking through the corridors.

evermember
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblenator on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:57 am

Vaate nodded as the Krogan acknowlaged him, it felt so good to finally be in control of his own ship, his own crew, and every time he was acknowlaged as 'Captain' he felt a small burst of radiant joy inside his chest. Vaate walked over to the storage locker and selected the part he needed before gently swapping out the damaged part for the new piece.
After fixing his weapon he began to move towards the door. He seemed to sense the Krogans anticipation and assured him battle would come soon.
"On Omega I'm sure there will be someone you can grind to a pulp, it's only a couple of hours now."
Vaate walked out of the armoury and slowly walked to the science lab. He wanted to know if that heavy armor weave upgrade had been completed yet, Vaate walked into the science lab and took a quick look around. It was the standard setup of benches and science equiptment with a small team dilligently working away.
"Has the armor upgrade been completed yet?" He asked, just loud enough to penetrate the noise of the science team, swapping formulas and the what-not.
Vaate was no good at science and so he allowed his team a large freedom in their work, so long as it didn't kill us all and it wasn't insanely expensive, go ahead.
A Quarian from the science team looked up and quickly motioned to another, who put his finger up in a gesture to wait. Normally a Captain wouldn't take orders from crew, but these people knew what they were doing so he waited for the answer that would come sooner or later.

Oblenator
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:35 am

The quarian captain could obviously sense Krag's craving for battle. "On Omega I'm sure there will be someone you can grind to a pulp, it's only a couple of hours now."

Krag grinned as the captain left the armory and headed towards the science lab. "Let's hope so." He grumbled as he too walked out of the armory, shotgun still in hand. Most of the crew never had their weapons on them until they went outside the ship on a mission or a short reconnaissance trip. Krag carried his weapons wherever he went, it was his job to be security after all.

The sound of his feet slightly boomed through the rooms and halls of the ship as he walked around the galaxy map layout, several quarians and a few humans working strenuously on computers next to it. The krogan never understood what those computers were for, and he never bothered to ask. Computers and science wasn't his thing.

Almost all the crew members looked up in fright as he began to walk down the hallway that led to the cockpit. He had never really made an effort to take his patrol all the way down to the pilot's seat, but now he was growing bored. He smiled as he watched the surprised humans faces quickly turn away from him and back to their computer screens. He obviously had done a good job of intimidation. That was good. It would keep anyone from getting any funny ideas like betraying the captain or even trying to take over the ship. Things like that had happened before, and Krag had always been taught to expect the unexpected.

"Helmsman Johnston," Krag's voice boomed as he took a position behind the human's seat, "what is our current ETA? I grow tired of sitting on this rusty boat."

The helmsman didn't seem afraid of the krogan like all the others were. "You and the captain think alike. It should be a couple hours before we reach Omega. I know what you mean though. If I had anyway to speed this baby up, I would." Robert patted the console and grinned.

"Bah," that wasn't the answer that he wanted, "send me a message over the comm when you see it."

"Sure thing, big guy."

Krag nodded with a grumpy expression on his face, then turned and walked back down towards the galaxy map.

Lerro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreatCrow on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Klegron sat in the Iotowa's elevator, on his way to the Galaxy map room. He was on his way to meet with Captian Vatte, his Quarian employer. He was still in awe about him even allowing him to step foot on his ship, let alone fight for him. He knew the races were to band together to fight the Reapers, but still, the thought of a Batarian on a Quarian vessel was....unsettling.

Being an ex-pirate, his being uncomfortable was understandable. He was used to raiding these kinds of ships and the idea of him serving on one was strange to him. The species of the crew was also strange to him.

He worked on Batarian ships, where obviously the majority of each ship's crew was Batarian. But here, most everyone was a Quarian. Some of the Quarians on board already hated him, but he ignored them for the most part. He was here to do a job, he wasn't here to make friends.

The elevator doors opened, and he walked out he spotted the Captian as well as a big Krogan walking towards the galaxy map, yet another mercenary on the ship. He walked towards the captian, his feeling of unease increasing. "Captian Vatte..." He nodded his head at the Quarian as he addressed him. "How much longer to Omega?".

GreatCrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblenator on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:14 am

"Johnston said it will only be a couple of hours now. When we get there most of the crew will be free to go off as they please, but I want you to come with me. I'm meeting with an information broker and I don't entirely trust him."
Vaate was stilling waiting for the answer from the science team. But he could wait, the last thing he needed was a bomb going off because he interrupted at the wrong time.
"Of course when we are finished you can go buy and sell, but the mission comes first."

Vaate decieded to come back later for his answer and walked out of the tech lab, motioning for the Batarian to come with him.
He spotted the Krogan coming towards the Galaxy map and quickly stepped to intercept him,
"Krag, on Omega I want you to come with me to see the information broker. I don't trust this Quarian and I want someone who knows how to fight, he is not above an trickery."
Vaate could sense the Batarians uneasiness and decieded to speak once again,
"Listen, you two may not be the best of friends but you will put it aside on this mission, I don't care if what type of racial grievances you two have, but I want this mission to be smooth. So form up and get your stuff ready, these two hours will go fast and I will not wait for anybody who deciedes to dillydally. Understand?"

Oblenator
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:06 am

The krogan stopped in his place as he heard the quarian captain's voice speak his name. He stood still as he listened respectively to Vaate's words, understanding them completely. He was right to suspect hatred, but Krag had no quarrel with the Batarian scientist. He would honor the captain's request in a friendship with the weaker species.

"I'm at your disposal, Vaate. Just keep the vanguard out of my way if any shooting goes down and we'll be fine." Krag patted the side of his trusty shotgun, imaging it blowing an enemy into dust. The images were getting much more vivid, he would have to kill something soon. It was the way of all Krogan. You get too comfortable sitting in a metal room without an adrenal rush every once in a while, and you would go insane.

Krag gave a quick nod when he heard the order to prepare. He had been ready ever since he left the armory. His shotgun was repaired and the upgrades on his battle rifle were complete. However, the two hours didn't seem to pass as fast as the captain said they would. Krag's patience was growing thin, and time wasn't moving any faster. He pounded his fists together slowly, keeping his muscles tensed and moving so as not to relax too much. This would keep his mind off of time and give his body something to do while it waited for battle.
Last edited by Lerro on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lerro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lycos on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:08 am

Eryx looked up as the Captain entered the room. He had only ever served under the Illusive Man and only met him in person two times. He hadn't been on the ship long enough to form a well-informed opinion on him and only had background information that his sources were able to find. The Captain walked up to the Ship's science group that were working on some kind of armor upgrade. Eryx didn't offer the team assistance as he never wears armor, finding it to be encumbering. He looked back down at the core in front of him having successfully removed it after just resorting to the acid and letting it melt the outer shell away. His rifle used five shot thermal clips and overheated after all shots were fired. He was going to break down the core and use specific fragments to implant into the rifle, this actually being the easy part.

The Captain left the science lab leaving the team to their work. It had been almost half a year since the last time Eryx was on Omega. He had traded intel for credits with the self-proclaimed ruler, Aria. All the credits went to maintenance for the watch towers of a colony in the Armstrong Nebula. Eryx reached for his pistol on the table and holstered it on his side. Even though his rifle was his baby, he found himself using the pistol more often than not. He sat down at the desk and looked at the science team rolling his eyes. "If you do that, the person wearing it won't be able to turn their head." The science team looked at Eryx and then at each other, deciding not to attach that piece.

Lycos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enough_with_ur_LIES on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:45 am

After just completing a few battle simulations Septulor made his way to main deck spotting Vaate with the talking to that low life merc, you see to him merc were some of the lowest of the low seen how their only loyalty is the credits and all it would take is for him to just get a bigger offer and he'd put a bullet in the captains nave head not to mention the pirate and assain two other shifty character. "perfect preparation for Omega i guess" Septulor say's to his self out loud as he walks up to Vaate and whispers "are you sure a merc is the best security, take it from me a merc will turn on the client if the price is right."
Last edited by Enough_with_ur_LIES on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kill all my demons, and my angels might die too." -Tennessee Williams
"Stop whining! All I did was cut off your stupid legs!" ~Alucard from Hellsing
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."-Oscar Levant
"What doesn't kill you...usually succeeds in a second attempt." ~Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." - Robert Bloch

Enough_with_ur_LIES
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evermember on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:30 am

Iru"sha walked into the main deck on a hunch that a captain would be in there defiantly if they were so close to docking. He spotted the quarien along with a large krogan,a turain and a batauran which surprised him greatly but he kept his shock subtle. He noticed the Turain talking to him and using his skill of lip reading knew that the turian did not trust the mercenaries which didn't surprise him but still made him a bit annoyed. "They would also take a bullet for you Turain." he said looking at the turian with a hint of a smile on his face. "Plus a good mercenary knows not to change sides to quickly as a desperate man with a gun in his face would do most anything to get out of there." Iru'sha turned and faced his commander or faced him enough as the commander's visor was in the way. It had always troubled him that the quarens were forced to wear those bio-suits but that was life. "Commander i hope i am not intruding into anything to big but i wanted to ask to join you in Omega. I have spent considerable time there and i have a few friends that may be willing to help us." he said as he looked at the krogan. "Not that i mind if we go in there all gun ho but this may be a slightly easier way to go if things go wrong."

evermember
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreatCrow on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:13 am

"I look forward to seeing you in battle, Krogan." Klegron always had respect for the Krogan race, but has never been on the same side as one. If they saw some fighting on Omega, this Krogan will be a great asset in battle.

Klegron looked around at the other people pouring into the room. The captian was trusting him with his life on Omega, he liked how he got past the fact that he was a Batarian. If he played his cards right on the mission, he would show that the Batarian race could be trustworthy...at least in a fire fight.

He turned to Vaate. "If I'm going to be going with you, I should prepare my weapons." Klegron turned to Septulor. "And you should trust Mercs a little more. It's not like we are members of the Blood pack, Blue suns or the Eclipse mercs, we aren't all totally evil." The Batarian walked over towords the Salarian who just walked into the disscussion. He nodded at him, still walking. Wonder if I can squeeze in some target practice before we land on Omega...
Last edited by GreatCrow on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GreatCrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:40 am

Jack was a little late, he had only just woken up, he had a long night of beers and skyllian five the day before. He walked up to the armory and opened the locker with his name on. Without a word he strapped his armor on, grabbed his rifle, loaded it, grabbed his sidearm and loaded it then he strapped them onto his armor. "Sir." He said saluting before walking out and sitting down near the galaxy map, he pulled out a strange looking gas mask and put it on. Then fiddled with some wires before the damn thing came online.

"Ah, wish I had somebody to play skyllian five with right now." he said before looking round at the crew. He wasn't very good at the military stuff, but he did earn some honor at Skyllia during the blitz. He remembered the battle, they were outnumber 10 to 3, they set up some sentries and dug into some places around the complex. Three days they held out before reinforcements arrived, three days of Batarian heavy fire and dirt, fire and explosions. he didn't hate the batarians, he was just there to do a job. he had no racial prejudice, every alien is the same to him.
Hey doods, whas hapening I wus like, ow my fraken head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put soap in em :P - Gir - Invader Zim

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Darius woke up from his chamber. Even thought he doesn't call himself an officier, his training had made him to that. He joined the crew of this Quarian frigate to put his talents to a good use, rather than serving one of this scum, who call themself Alliance. He goes over to dress himself. At least this officier rooms have the advantage of keeping your personal space. After putting on his uniform for the ship, Darius left his room. Outside he saw a few of the crew members, who stopped and greeted him. A quarian came towards him, it seems like he had news:
"Sir, we are arriving Omega soon, the Captain has already started to prepare the land mission."
It took Darius, who just woke up, some time to remember, why they were atcually moving towards Omega. But as he remembered, he sighed:
"So, I'm late again, right? Thank you, I'm going to report to the Captain now."
The soldier saluted and went his way to his own station. While that Darius hurries to meet his Captain. Upon finding him, he stopped and saluted:
"Darius reporting for duty, Sir!"

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lerro on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:00 pm

"Are you sure a merc is the best security, take it from me a merc will turn on the client if the price is right."

Krag turned around slowly to see the turian walk in on the conversation. He had not yet had the "pleasure" of meeting this Septulor before hand. He had no love for Septulor's race and would enjoy gunning him down. However, his job was to protect the crew members on the ship, no matter what race they were.

"They would also take a bullet for you Turain." a salarian named Iru'sha spoke up. "Plus a good mercenary knows not to change sides to quickly as a desperate man with a gun in his face would do most anything to get out of there."

Now it was Krag's time to talk. "Speak for yourself, Salarian. I'm not taking a bullet for any one of you. Captain Vaate is the only exception." He turned to face the turian. "And us Krogans hold to our word. I'm here till the job is done or till I take a bullet to the brain."

"I look forward to seeing you in battle, Krogan." said Klegron the Batarian.

Krag responded with a gentle nod. This Batarian didn't seem as stupid as the other brain dead idiots on the ship. The Krogan decided that Klegron was good enough to be considered an asset in battle. He seemed excited to get into a fight soon, and that was something that Krag could work with. He didn't quite like the Batarian race, or any race for that matter, but he would prefer them over the turians any day.

Krag growled with annoyance as more of the crew showed up. More fools with mouths too big to keep shut. This ship was getting crowded and Krag had already realized he was the only Krogan on board. He took several steps back so he was out of the small circle that the crew was beginning to form. He didn't need to be distracted, security was his job 24/7 and stepping back allowed him to inspect the crew members. Everything looked green, so he leaned against the wall and continued to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Lerro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enough_with_ur_LIES on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:08 pm

((ooc: Yeah, there was some miscommunication via spelling that "are you sure a merc is the best security, take it from me a merc will turn on the client if the price is right." was supposed to be whispered))

Enough_with_ur_LIES
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreatCrow on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm

Klegron exited the now crowded room and made his way to the armory, going through his locker. He already had his armor on, incase someone tried to take a shot at him, he still wasn't comfortable being on the ship, but he wasn't as nervous now the had a chat with the captian. He seemed different from most of the Quarians he's met, but he still didn't have all his trust yet. And the Krogan named Krag seemed tolerable, he knew he had to stay out of his way to keep on his good side.

He had little interest in the rest of the crew, but he wouldn't mind some interaction. Maybe after the mission, but for now, he needed to prepare for the possible battles at hand, he knew first hand that being unprepared can make or break one's chances of success.

He grabbed his shotgun, loaded it and attached it to his armor. Next, he grabbed his pistol, loaded it, and spun it to his hip. He saw a human cowboy vid on the extranet at the end of his last job, and he liked the way they spun their pistols around, he decided to try to learn how. It's been 3 years since then and he had become quite good at it.

He looked again in his locker, he squinted all four of his eyes into the little space, finally he widened them when they settled on the sight of a little box. He grabbed it, opened it and counted 10 cigarettes. "Damn..only half left...should buy a new one after our mission." He put the cigarette box in his pocket, closed the locker, and walked over to the battle simulator. He activated it and started his target practice.

GreatCrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblenator on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 am

((Fast Forwarding two hours to Omega))

Vaate stood just behind the pilot, watching out the viewscreen as the hunking rock that was Omega drifted into view. The city was built out of a large chunk of floating rock and had one of the highest crime rates in the galaxy, if you went to Omega you should consider yourself lucky if only your wallet got stolen.

As Vaate watched a small cargo ship pulled out of the docking bay and veered away into space, the ship seemed to be skipping along like it knew it was finally leaving that horrible place. Of course, Vaate normally wouldn't go to a cesspool like this but it was important, an information broker had happened to come up with a piece of info about inactive Reaper tech and Vaate was not going to give up that possible advantage over the Reapers.

The Iotowa silently glided along to the docking bays and the helmsman smoothly pulled the Iotowa into dock,
"Good work Johnston, leave a small guard to protect the ship but the rest of the crew may go ashore. Make sure they meet us back here in an hour or when we radio. Got it?"
"Yes Sir!"
Vaate moved to the airlock and grabbed his rifle from the airlock wall before loading it onto his back, he already had his pistol.

The door hummed and opened and the Quarian stepped outside to await the rest of his team, he hoped they would be out soon as he did not want to spend a second more on Omega than he had to.

Oblenator
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!