Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

mbuki-mvuki

mbuki-mvuki

a part of “mbuki-mvuki”, a fictional universe by angelwolf123.

(v.) (phr.) to shed one's clothing spontaneously and dance naked in joy

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “mbuki-mvuki”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

mbuki-mvuki

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:30 am

ImageImageImage

MATURE TAG
This RP is tagged as "mature" and "adult" for several reasons. There will be gore, and character death. Swearing is allowed, and (if I know anything about the crowd that shows up around these RPs) perversion will likely be following swift behind. Besides the more crass topics, this RP is mature because I want RPers who will be able to handle challenges and think deeply about puzzles presented to them. RPers who have the confidence to be wild and make the world their own.

GENRE
Really, this roleplay can be anything you guys want. It can be dark, psychological, and gore-filled... or the murder and danger can just be a backdrop for a humorous bunch of perverted high school antics. Or perhaps a bit of both? Either way, I'm looking forward to giving you guys plenty of conflicts and puzzles to solve.

SETTING
This RP takes place in a European country that doesn't exist. This means European names unless you are a foreigner. The time frame is perhaps a little more futuristic than it is today. I know countries that practice communism have historically been rather homophobic, but I don't want to deal with any of that nonsense here. If your character is gay, trans, polyamorous, whatever, it's fine. To spare any societal drama that might show up around an LGBT+ character, we'll just say this country is very socially liberal and nobody thinks it's a big deal.

RULES
I assume the lot of you already know the typical roleplaying rules. Overall, I expect everyone to be respectful of one another. This means listen in OOC chats, no infringing upon other RPer's control (godmodding), or attempting to upstage other characters. You will find more detailed information on what I do and do not consider good behavior elsewhere in the OOC. However, I would like to mention that I am unafraid to call people out when they are breaking rules. I don't have a "three strikes, you're out" system, but I will deal with rudeness and misbehavior as it occurs.

ImageImage
Also, right off the bat, I would like to mention I am trying something a little experimental with this RP. I am referring to the "two separate places to RP" that was on the frontpage. I hope this makes sense to everyone? Both areas would be considered equally canon. The purpose of the chatzy-driven RP area would be to have a place where people can further develop their characters outside of the murderous Blight forum.
girls dont get hiccups... they get she-cups.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: mbuki-mvuki

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:00 am

Questions, general discussion, and GM-complaints go here. This can be a serious space, or a lighthearted one.

Last edited by angelwolf123 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpiritDancer on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:33 am

*flops in like a fish* u wereeeerer expecting me right? riGHT? if not, hi, how is u?

Got a c00l roleplay here..that i will be sending in a reservation for..whenever I stop being sick. *flops back out*
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"I’m tryin’ to fix myself
And not care too much about you"

SpiritDancer
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Builder Storyteller Beta Tester Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Greeter Salesman Property Buyer Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:38 am

i saw u lurkin on my property, spirit. my lawn.

ur always sickkkk. u best come back now, ya here?

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:42 am

ROOMMATES POST
So, to be as unbiased as possible, I used a random team selector online to group all of you guys together.

Aaron, Christopher

Lenox, Kirby

Jasper, Martin

Zed, Drake

----

Annabelle, Elle

Oliver, Winter

Xinyi, Natasha

Lily, Zalgo's unnamed character

Remember, guys, if your roommate vanishes, it's no big deal. You just get a room to yourself. The only thing about having a roommate is that you'll likely be forced to interact with them in the IC chatroom (since it covers more of the daily life topics). Hit up the person you're paired with and discuss character living habits, maybe envision what them rooming together would be like. Or, just RP it out and see how it goes naturally. Maybe a mix of both. Up to you guys to decide.

Speaking of the IC chatroom, that will be opening soon. An announcement post is on its way.
Last edited by angelwolf123 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:01 am

I'm not sure where I should put all my shit storm photo editing shit so I'll just put it here.
Behold, the first pairing of the RP. Kirby x Bill Gates

Perhaps

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:19 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
Alright, guys, I'm fairly tired. If there are any mistakes or if I am unclear, please be forgiving. I'll be in the OOC chat or the FAQ if you have any questions.

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
The IC chat is now open. To further explain how the IC chat and the RPG posts work together, I have drawn a highly sophisticated diagram to demonstrate. To simplify, the IC chat is currently about the first week of school before the Blight happens. Everything that happens there is canon. If you make friends there, those people are still your friends when we get around to posting about the first Blight.

I will write the first post for the Blight section in a day or two. It will take me a bit, and I want to see how the IC takes off first. I'll do another announcement post for that, which will have some more information you should read up on. For the record, the IC chat continues while the Blight section is up and running. They go together.

On the nature of the words you all chose at the beginning of the RP. The words will be asked of your characters on the day of the first Blight, and what they wrote down would appear on their body soon after. Blights only affect those with a word, and they ignore everything else (including staff and infrastructure).

As each Blight has its own word, as does each student. Seriously, you guys would totally die without some kind of extra help. To be blunt, the word you picked is your character's power. It's up to you how the word is interpreted into a useful ability. Yup. Have fun, guys.

Although I trust each of you to balance your word properly with weaknesses, to further even things out, I will say those with stronger words (COUGH COUGH SOLELI AND 'KILL') will have a hard time controlling them and will deal with horrific backfiring. Those with weaker or simpler words will be able to use them much more easily without any trouble at all.

Write your interpretation of your word in the thread below. Your characters will struggle to use their word properly in the beginning, but will gradually learn more about its etymology and possible meanings as the RP continues. With your interpretation, include what little capabilities the word will have at the beginning, as well as how you envision how their power will evolve in the future.

As a last note, I would like to add that it's very important for these words to be balanced. If I feel anyone's interpretation needs tweaking, I will PM them. Now go to the IC chatroom and have fun, or whatever. We'll say it starts on the first day of school.

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Well, I suppose I'll kick this off and talk about Elle's word and what I imagine it will mean for her in the future.

Flight - flʌɪt – noun

For Elle, flight can be broken down into 5 relevant properties, at least in regard to abilities and potential powers. Primarily, Elle’s initial focus will be on her own interpretation of the word. What she had meant for it to represent. That being:

1. “The action of fleeing.”

So what does that mean for Elle? Well, she’s quite capable of rapidly escaping situations. This will take the form of running primarily, but is transferable to her other skills such as rollerblading. Think inhumanly fast speed. The limitation of fleeing is that it only works when she wants to escape or run from something. If she was late to class, she couldn’t suddenly go faster to make it, but on the flip side, as long as there was something that she considers a threat or danger to herself, she could utilise this ability to move away from said thing. This includes embarrassment, which would be the primary item that Elle would likely flee from. An interesting aside would be that she might be capable of using this to escape situations other than just by running. An interesting addition to this ability would be if she should find herself trapped or tied up, she might be able to ‘flee’ and escape that danger by escaping the ropes or room somehow.

So where does Elle’s abilities progress from there? The obvious extension would be to embrace the first ‘misinterpretation’ she was worried of when writing her word.

2. “The action or process of flying through the air.”

This one is pretty simple, allowing Elle to simply, well, fly through the air, and not limited to just away from danger. Perhaps beginning as just jumping or leaping through the air, eventually, it’d grow to a full repertoire of flight, including levitation and other, swifter means of movement.

As Elle’s knowledge of how the words work, as well as self-confidence grows, she’ll gain access to some more varied, unique utilisations of her power, particularly after actually looking into definitions of flight.

3. “The movement or trajectory of a projectile or ball through the air.”

As Elle’s power grows, she’ll begin to be able to manipulate things in the air, controlling their flight path. This extends particularly to anything she’d throw or fire herself, able to have relatively pinpoint accuracy with ranged weaponry.

4. “The swift passage of time.”

An intriguing literary definition for flight of time, Elle would have some degree of control over making moments move by faster, perhaps speeding up other people or objects time. For example, growing a tree from a seed in seconds, or allowing someone to seemingly move at superhuman speeds.

5. “An extravagant or far-fetched idea or thought process.”

Flights of fancy, so to speak. Should Elle survive and grow enough as a person, the culmination of her ability would be to have her ideas take flight, and perhaps shape the very foundations of reality to something wild and unimaginable. A world of life built around her joy in music… Or a dark abyss of her own personal nightmares… Unlimited Elle Works, if you will.

Bonus:

Other definitions that likely wouldn’t take form, but are amusing given the myriad of definitions for flight.

“a flock or large body of birds or insects in the air, especially when migrating.”
Elle can summon up an army of ducks and bees to assault her enemies.

“the selling of currency or shares by many investors.”

Elle has complete control over the stock market.

“a series of steps between floors or levels.”
Elle is a stair master, and can replace all elevators so that every day is leg day.

“the tail of a dart.”
Elle can stick feathers on things and turn them into throwing darts.
Last edited by Tanman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:26 am

Hey guys, due to popular request I am opening a new thread for words. Sorry Tanman, I will be linking your reply in the thread. You can post it again if you wish.

Again, really sorry!

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:14 pm

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO POST.

All I ask of you guys is to post at least once a Blight to tell me how your character survived. Otherwise, I will assume that they died.

Now with that out of the way, I will be posting a wrap up post sometime tonight. When that happens, you guys can have a day or so to post some replies to give your scenes closure if you want. After that, we'll move on to the next Blight.

After this first one ends, though, the IC chat will transition directly to the evening after. This is gonna be a great time for character development. Real juicy stuff. So that'll be the place to be for a little while. I recommend you stop by at least once.

A death count will be included in my wrap up post. That's all.

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!