Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Medieval Fantasy Roleplay

Medieval Fantasy Roleplay

a part of “Medieval Fantasy Roleplay”, a fictional universe by spirit_is_shining.

Deep within a forest, there is a legend of a treasure that lies unknown to many. But there is a problem...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Medieval Fantasy Roleplay”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Medieval Fantasy Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks for your input, Whysper. I think I found a way to add more settings. Yeah I noticed that as well, that we seem to all be in 2 different parts of the forest, hopefully not that far as I think Iki just ran into Eternal Sonata's character not long ago. Anyway, I guess I'll play this out and see how it goes.
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Soma] on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:59 pm

I joined and I threw up a post.
A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

[Soma]
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 am

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Whysper. Though, at the same time, I'm with Spirit, also. From the looks of it, they're not all too far off from one another, but a tag for their general location wouldn't be a bad idea. Besides, I'm sure that a particularly monumentuous (or not so monumentuous? Spelling, also?) happening might draw them all toward the epicenter of...whatever. For the sake of classic example, I'm assuming that this is going to eventually lead to a tomb or temple of some kind, right? As cheesy as it sounds, maybe we could do something along the lines of a pseudo-boss fight, or monster brawl or something. Something to finally bring together the few characters that seem to be farther along than everyone else and consequently integrate the rest. I'll even be happy to take on the role of the monster, if it serves to further things.

Also, I sit in the same boat as Whysper. Being currently deployed, I have no real control over when I might have time or access to the forum, so I'm more than happy to play a supplementary role. That was my initial plan anyway, at least until things become a bit more lucid. Don't get me wrong, I want to make my character a much more integral part of the story, and his involvement with the other characters, (Or at least Nicholas and his ambitious search for riches) but not until they start to draw into...wherever they're going. I don't mean to rush and I'm all for plot development, but I'm eager to see where this goes.
Success is measured in blood; yours, or your enemy's.

Iki
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Yes, I thought something similar as well, Iki, thats what I was hoping was that we all atleast run into eachother by night fall. I was planning that we battle or discuss alliances (within the story) as well when fighting to get to the center of the forest. Perhaps I should have been a bit more descriptive... Perhaps there might not even be a treasure, we might be fending for ourselves but I was hoping that if we do run into the treasure, it be a one piece.
Last edited by spirit_is_shining on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Hm, I was imagining that it could be a sacred place doesn't have to be a temple or anything, but we can make it up as we go along. When I say nightfall I meant nightfall in the story (in the above post). What I was hoping was that we wander or rest by day, we start fighting monsters by nightfall. What did you guys think? Sure did you want to play a monster(s)? I was thinking of somehow making up our own monsters or creatures on the spot or dieties and we go along with our stories. But sure, if you were thinking of something better why not. :)

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:53 pm

That sounds good. Didn't mean to hijack you there, I kinda feel bad. Just trying to toss out ideas. ;P But yeah, I'd be down with that; fighting by night, traveling by day. They'll have to stop sometime, though, amirite?

And as far as playing monsters, I like that idea: we could just NPC the horde, and perhaps take various holds, or maybe even assign just one person to a larger, greater entity? We can easily make this a long haul, we just have to throw out some rope.

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Soma] on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Well im near a cave and was going to enter it and delve deep into it to find a monster. If any one wants to join me I'm thinking of finding a temple down there full of cultist and monsters. We could all work as a group and work our way down avoiding traps,patrols and hidden monsters.

[Soma]
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Ah-ha. I have an idea. Bear with me here, this will reel in Nicholas, at least, and - hopefully, if Ariella is trailing him, she might get drawn in as well. Posting.

*Edit: D'oh! I was hoping to squeeze that post in before anyone else got to. Haha oh well. I'll edit appropriately!
Last edited by Iki on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:46 pm

There! Lmao I'm more comfortable with that.

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whysper on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm thinking that we might be able to tie whatever Ariella might be able to disclose about these mysterious stones into a clue to help determine the location, or locations, of whatever it is folks have come to the forest seeking. The glowstones are thoroughly nonmagical as far as one can readily discern, but may well be the by-product of past magical activity.

Ariella spends most of her time alone and in relative silence. As such there will tend to be a slow, even awkward,formality about the way she relates to others in conversation. She is not shy, simply out of practice - but, on the other hand, she will never be particularly gregarious.

Whysper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Okay. Sounds interesting so far, We've created a great story line. Sure, now it is getting a bit darker, Whysper, did you want to follow Soma and Iki's trails to the cave? To Eternal Sonata and CoordinatorKurita, hopefully we can join with you guys soon :) . Or, did you guys want to remain as separate parties from now, to develop the story, then we all meet up later?

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoordinatorKurita on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 am

before i forget i won't be on over the weekend. I need to study.

CoordinatorKurita
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:23 pm

'Sall good, buddy. We won't forget about you. Well, I won't, at least. ;P

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zahktuthal on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Hello. I am completly new to the site and I've read your RP. It sounds very interesting. Any possible chance of joining in?

Zahktuthal
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't see a problem with it. But then, it's not my board. :X No reason we can't be friendly, at least. Welcome.

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zahktuthal on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:40 pm

thanks :D I've roleplayed for some years, using Battle.Net and before my girlfriend broke up with me, we RP'd a lot. Kind of stopped after she broke up with me, but Im bored of not RPing now, lol. I especially miss the roleplaying I did on battle.net because it was all unexpected responses and actions.

Zahktuthal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iki on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm

LoL fair enough. Always a shame to have that happen, though; the break-up, I mean. Things happen, aye? We're pretty relaxed on this board you'll find, so if all else fails, at least we'll have somewhere to chat it up.

Iki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zahktuthal on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Well, I cant send private messages because I am not a part of a roleplay and I've just joined.

Zahktuthal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whysper on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Well met, Zahkuthal!

Welcome both to the game and to Roleplay Gateway. One of the cool features of this game is that we all seem to be newer members here. Our characters are only just in the process of meeting each other and settling on one or more courses of action. This is a good time to begin writing your character into the game and getting back into those aspects of RPing that you've been missing. I'm looking forward to gaming with you.

- Whysper

Whysper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!