Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Meeting the Quotea

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Meeting the Quotea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Creator on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Ok, I have to make serval posts, I guess, to the community in order to post links in my rp (which i desperately need to do). So, I am posting to see....who else thinks this is a little dumb. If it were outside RPG links, I would understand but these are links to pages ON THE SITE!!

Ugh, sorry! I'm frustrated. I'm trying to better my rp with what little time I do have and I can't do it.

Sincerely,
A mad Manic Creator

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Manic Creator
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: Meeting the Quotea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:14 pm

It's not stupid, it's a security measure. I've been on a lot of sites without these measures and my roleplays got spammed, my message box got spammed, the forums got spammed, it was a spam fest. I agree it is frustrating. I had a friend who was on here months and wasn't a big poster on the forums who still couldn't send PMs, so I can understand that it is very frustrating, but it is for a good reason.
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crashmeback on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:22 pm

I feel your pain. And rationally, I know it's for a good reason but it still irks me. Luckily, if you have the patience, it's easy to accomplish.

crashmeback
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brat Prince on Sun May 10, 2015 2:43 am

I understand where it is frustrating but I also understand why they have it on it's a safety thing to get rid of spam bots and such I just wish that there was another way to do it for people who don't want to post the the forums for some reason or don't have the time to.
I am the Vampire Lestat, the Brat Prince.

Brat Prince
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!