Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

X-Men: Lost and Found

X-Men: Lost and Found

a part of “X-Men: Lost and Found”, a fictional universe by Forensic_Anthro.

Charles Xavier is long gone and the halls of his academy for the 'gifted' have been long since abandoned- or is that just the public face? Several 'gifted' children are about to find out.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “X-Men: Lost and Found”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] X-Men: Lost and Found

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BekaL101 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:58 am

True Grave and _Anthro: Very well put, I must say. This is the whole point of a fanfic: to get characters into unusual situations to see how they'd react, that's the whole point of any sort of creative writing actually, when you think of it. If you no likey, don't stay involved. I'm not being mean to you or anything (I'm not like that), but if you thought this was going to be crap, then why did you apply, TemplarWarden? I am having a lot of fun with this actually, and I don't want _Anthro-san feeling bad about continuing just cos you're deciding to be an asshole about 'how likely' this is.

And _Anthro-san (sorry about the '-san' part, I've spent the last few months in Japan, so I got into the habit...again, sorry): I think you're doing a great job with Magneto, from the little I know about the character from the films. The rest of the characters you have are well thought out and I personally like them. The way that the plot is going is great too, on the theory that if you have a lot of characters that need developing, then why not throw them all in at the deep end right away. The experience will bond them together as one unit, as well as giving them a genuine reason to develop their powers and their control. The 'Sink or Swim' principle, right?

Well I've finished my rant, so I will now fade back into the woodwork from whence I came. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Keep up the good work _Anthro-san!! ^_^
"What is the price of eternal life? To be unable to walk in the sun ever again - to part with complete finality from the world in which you've lived all your life never to return for all eternity."

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing" ~Ansem

“A true friend stabs you in the front. "

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BekaL101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:50 am

Firstly, I apologise. I didn't think I was that insulting. Maybe I should attempt to rephrase my complaints in a bit more constructive and polite way.

My problem is I can't seem to get a feel for the story and the direction the roleplay is heading since we jumped straight into the action. I do see the reason behind Beka's point. However I would've like more information before we started off. Exactly how powerful and large is his army? Someone wrote that it involved children, does it? How would he get children turned into killers? Perhaps its just me but I like a nice solid base and setting to develop my posts.

With Magneto, I like to repeat what me and Mad mentioned earlier. He is an incredibly deep character, at least in the movies. I'm just thinking that to bring in his character in as any less then that is a bit of a disappointment. What you said is why I'm judging True Grave, I feel I should have seen more then the small pieces written for him. About his reason for attacking, I would suggest whenever you introduce such a big plot device you put more of the reason behind it in the actual writing. Again, more about having a solid base for my writing.

Well, I did join didn't I. If I thought it was going to turn out like this I probably wouldn't have. I didn't know you were planning to push us in the deep end, thats my problem. I shall persevere and again I apologise for sounding rude.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Protagonist on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:18 am

I had submitted a character for this roleplay but it is still pending. Is there something wrong with it?

Thanks.

The Protagonist
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:04 am

I'll ask again. Is Storm going to do anything? I kind of figured when I wrote her into the scene that being the head of the school.....she would...do things...if like....the school was attacked by a horde of angry Brotherhood mutants.
What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space.
-Erwin Schrodinger

The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.
-Albert Einstein

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
- Nikola Tesla

madscirat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:27 pm

I suggest just NPC Storm, no one has claimed her so just go for it. I assume Anthro is okay since she hasn't said no yet. I think Storm would be able to turn the tide of the battle with such a broad reaching power.

I like your quotes BTW.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:52 pm

I also have a question. In a reply to OncomingStorm, I put forth a way to get Sniper into the story in my second point. Is that good with you, Anthro.

Warden: I also apologize for the more insulting parts of my reply. I was also taken aback by being hurled into battle so soon, as there have never been such huge battles so soon, neither in other X-Men roleplays I have been a part of, or in ones that I GM'd. Unlike you, however, I just went with it. Next time, be more polite and constructive with your criticism, and I'll try not to write half-cocked if I get mad.
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:54 pm

TemplarWarden wrote:I suggest just NPC Storm, no one has claimed her so just go for it. I assume Anthro is okay since she hasn't said no yet. I think Storm would be able to turn the tide of the battle with such a broad reaching power.

I will not NPC Storm for three reasons

1) She is the head of the school and one of the most powerful mutants on the planet. Therefore playing her is far beyond the bounds of a player and falls in the province of the GM.
2) I have to play enough NPCs in my own games.
3) I specifically created a non combat mutant because I didn't want to be involved in any long drawn out super powered e-peen battles.

Personally I'm baffled that I'm even having to ask, she is after all the head of the school. Its like omitting Professor X from the game, were he alive.

madscirat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Outlaw on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:09 pm

i think you may have hit the reason why stom has not been used yet with your mentioning of professor X to be honest madscirat. what i mean is that if you think of professor x he wouldnt step into the battle unless the x-men couldnt handle it but he would always let them try before stepping in. so in that respect you might just find that storm is testing to see how far the new students can handle the practicle use of their abilities. But i could be wrong and it could be something completely different who knows.
You say Eminem- I say The Beatles
You say Hannah Montana-I say Rush
You say T-Pain-I say Fats Domino
You say Jonas brothers-I say Elvis
You say Pink-I say Pink Floyd
You say Hip Hop-i say Jimi Hendrix
You say R&B-I scream Classic Rock
You say Justin Bieber-i hit you in the face

Outlaw
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Outlaw wrote:i think you may have hit the reason why stom has not been used yet with your mentioning of professor X to be honest madscirat. what i mean is that if you think of professor x he wouldnt step into the battle unless the x-men couldnt handle it but he would always let them try before stepping in. so in that respect you might just find that storm is testing to see how far the new students can handle the practicle use of their abilities. But i could be wrong and it could be something completely different who knows.

So what you're saying is that when the entire building shutters as its piping is ripped out and violent mutants flood the courtyard, Storm will sit back and let some first years handle Magneto so as to test their mettle. It will be a good training opportunity for them since after all it is only Magneto.

Personally I think this is ridiculous, but if that's the way the GM wants her to roll then fine. This doesn't change the fact that since I am effectively in her custody I still need to see her reaction to me before I can post a bleeding thing.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:30 am

Play nice, young children.. :)

Sorry, between working ahead in school, keeping up with the rest of my schoolwork and the extra classes that just got thrown in my face, and skating I haven't exactly had much time to post as five characters, so I would appreciate it if you'd cool your jets. As soon as I have a little extra time to post I will, but right now I have to go to bed so I can be up for a LiveLesson (in other words, school), and then cram in all of my Tuesday/Wednesday work so I can go to skating practice on Wednesday and maybe have five minutes to work on this, and if I'm lucky, have recreational time.

In short, I'll try to post tomorrow.
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 am

Forensic_Anthro wrote:Play nice, young children.. :)

Actually the behavior of reconciliation and ego-swallowing exhibited in the previous posts is atypical not only for 'young children' but human beings in general and the internet in particular.

After careful consideration I have decided to withdraw from this RP. It is far better if I do so now since I have not yet interacted with any PCs and my posts can simply be deleted without disturbing the story. All the baggage my character carries is simply too much for an RP that appears already overloaded and a GM that is admittedly so. To be honest, though, I am also leaving for the reasons mentioned by Templar previously. The fact that he said them in a rude manner does not make them any less true. I understand that some people like the whole super power battle thing and that is fine, but for me it seems just a bit juvenile. I am personally at fault for not realizing how huge an aspect this would be in the RP initially and so apologize for any inconvenience that my departure may have.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:25 am

On the internet being a key point. Its so much easier to offend other over forums so care must be taken. We want no OOC wars, since they aren't nice and it is generally against Roleplaygateway rules.

Oh, I'll be sorry to see you go Mad. Losing a character is generally something you shouldn't want in an RP.
Anthro, If you want I can write for Storm, even with mad gone she still has a role. It'll lighten your workload, although I won't be sure if I can handle it with the roleplays I've got running. I'm here as a last ditch assist if you wish.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Everyone, if you'd like to continue doing this sort of X-Men roleplay, but find it is not suiting your needs, why not try this one:

roleplay/buried-under-an-avalanche/

I just created it, and it is in many ways just like Anthro's. I cited her roleplay as a source. The difference being that there will not be many mega battles like we are involved in now, there will be way more character depth and plot to start with, and I have more time to GM a roleplay than Anthro does. I'm not asking you to totally give up her roleplay, and I would not mind if people were part of both of our roleplays simultaneously. I just want to give you guys the chance to be a part of an X-Men roleplay from a different slant, and from someone who is experienced with X-Men roleplays (I've been a commendable member of three and Gm'd one successfully.) So, if you'd like to try X-Men True Grave style, feel free to sign up.

Also, Anthro, I think you've done a great job. I like your portrayal of Kitty, and everyone's characters are fascinating. You should all be proud of yourselves. Bye for now.

P.S.: I will continue being a member of this roleplay. I have not quit or left.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kimiko Sempai on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:25 am

Yeah Im gonna drop this Rp too its way to crazy with an attack right off the bat Im all for fighting but one right at the beginning is just a little too much for me.
Check out my new RP!
Dragon Ball: A new adventure.

Kimiko Sempai
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 am

You are welcome to join my roleplay, Kimiko. There is no huge battle right off the bat.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuukakulily on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 am

I'll join, but I would still like to be a part of this one.

Kuukakulily
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:18 am

...Maybe my post about the battle being a part of the plot went unnoticed?

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:45 pm

No, it did not go unnoticed. What it did was the equivalent of chucking a beginning swimmer into the deep end. For two of the former members who migrated to me, they put it almost just like that. You need to stop making excuses and own up to your mistake. Only when you have owned up to your mistake can you learn from it and do better.

Lily; That's fine by me.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Alright, now its my turn to be on Anthro's side. Indeed she has to learn for here mistakes. Looking at it from a different view gives me more thoughts.

The battle was a bit too much, yet I do think to going quickly into action isn't always a bad thing. Specially as a key plot device it can be quite effective. Action does get characters interacting and can be fun to write, you can't bond better then when you have to join together to survive. So the decision to use a battle was alright, if a bit annoying because I didn't like it. I feel it didn't suit the intention you had for the play and the expectation I had which was that it would be focusing of developing powers.

So the decision could have been alright, the execution let it down. For example, having only three posts leading up to it is not a good enough build up. Like I said before, its alright having the reasoning in OOC but its the roleplay that counts. You needed to bring in Magneto's thoughts on what he was doing, you should have had him give better instructions to his followers. "We're going to fight" is hardly enough to create a decent plot. If you couldn't do that in three posts then stretch it out.
Also, a battle is a big event and everyone will be involved. Which means that the setting must be the same through everyone's posts. Consistency is thing I'm quite picky about. You need to set up the battlefield so to speak, describe the overall setting. Describe the armies, describe what the combat is like in more detail. Just because you have a large setting doesn't mean you can glaze over everything. Unless you are confident that your writers would work together to create a consistent and sensible and realistic battle themselves.
No offence intended but many of the writers involved here I wouldn't trust them to do that from what I've read.

On a more general note, Xavier's Academy is a creepy school. So many people are able and willing to kill without any emotional kickback. People, some of me thinks that some of you are Overpowering your characters, this is my opinion but I'm allowed to offer it. I won't mention names, but if you don't know if you are be willing to ask.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 am

Reading that, I completely agree. But, it seems a contradiction from the first line, because you seem more on my "side", so to speak, then Anthro's. I put sides in quotations because I'm trying to help Antrho, not argue with him/her. I have two questions. Would you trust me to create a sensible, consistent, and realistic battle? Do you think my character is overpowered?

I think I am capable of living up to the first question. I have ample experience in X-Men roleplays and have built them and other roleplays from the ground up. In my three year career, I have been an asset to most roleplays. In an X-Men roleplay like this one that I did a year ago, I quit for personal reasons, but the GM, thought it was "an honor to roleplay with one like yourself". I'm not lying to bolster my point. He really typed that.

As for the second, I do not see Avalanche as being overpowered. He has had his power since he was about 17 or 18, and has had ample time to practice with it and get stronger. If there had been more time before the big battle, I would have shown how strengthening his body with pumping iron helped him control the earth that he manipulated with his mind better with physical strength. I also never intended to collapse the Mansion. I was just doing that as a plot device to add urgency to the battle and set a focal point. I expected to be stopped, and Sammael gave me a great way to do that by showing that Avalanche is, in fact, not evil, just as I put in his profile. With this evidence, I put forth a case of why my character is not overpowered.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!