Mental health based thread. ( now with added intro post)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Mental health based thread. ( now with added intro post)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:43 pm

EDIT; I would really like to do this idea, so I have included a first post to get your juices flowing)

Hey there I’ve been hit by a sudden urge to write a mental health based thread which I have enjoyed and had much success with in the past.

It would be based around my character a literal nobody being found after breaking into an art shop with no really intention but to just draw, covered in paint, charcoal and random cuts and bruises seemingly from the break in he rambles almost inconceivable stories about uncertain danger and his less than glamorous home life ( due to parents not understanding him and not getting him the help he needs mentally, leaving him to draw and paint as he liked until he became so troublesome they took him out away from the house and pushed him out of the car) as well as getting frustrated and angry when he cannot get his story across because he just can’t explain it.

Obviously I would need someone to play a healthcare professional or of similar nature to either take in the young man.

I know the story needs some work but I feel that with some discussion it could develop well.

Pulling his hood over his head, hands returning to rubbing together nervously as the precise walking came to a stop.

“ safety first, left, right, left...and cross” he muttered to himself head jerking rapidly making sure nothing was coming towards him that could harm him. It was quiet.. Ali liked quiet... but not to quiet. He could hear everything in his head then, doubt, worry, fear, second guessing every little thing.

Stopping he cleared his throat loudly snapping his fingers, a kind of weird reset button that momentarily stopped himself.

Checking his watch he looked at the store front opposite, he would have to move now. “ have got time... in and out... quick as a flash” he muttered scratching his head as he wandered up to the door looking in at all the pencils and paints, paper giving him a warming feeling that took him away. Drawing was the only thing that did.

“ do it... do it...and now!” He instinctively grabbed a sign base giving it a good enough swing to smash through the door.

Hopping through the broken window wincing as his arm was sliced a little due to the glass. Humming gently to himself he rubbed his hands together going first for the paint brushes, paint brushes were so good! Running his thumb over the bristles he sighed feeling his calmness building up easing the worry of actually doing this.

His mind only ticked over the possibility of him, doing something illegal. For the briefest of moments. Before long a high pitched whining shook through his system. Grunting he covered his ears and sat down beginning to paint on the cabinets of the store of a city hidden within the mountains bathe during in sunlight then began drawing putting paint tubes, books, brushes in his bag that he vaguely remembered stealing.

Shaking his head he rocked a little muttering to himself as he reeled of picture upon picture and paintings of both landscapes and animals pausing to holding onto his bleeding arm. Pacing back and forth twirling a pencil in his fingers.

“ no way I’m going back...don’t know...they pushed me....big push” he squatted down covering his ears again the noise annoying him more than the pain in his arm and the mutterings in his head.
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

I also have another story in the works with a teenager who was locked away in a pantry for 15 years of his life and is now being reintroduced into the world, same sort of premise.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Anyone? I’d love to get writing again!

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 6 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!