Announcements: Universe of the Month Voting! » Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Universe of the Month Voting! » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » Universe of the Week! » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

MFC August: Rise of Reika--WINNERS!

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

MFC August: Rise of Reika--WINNERS!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:06 am

(ya know, 'cause it's Fall? :B )

RPGateway wants to feature
YOUR original roleplay character

August's MFC theme will be the winner of the last MFC's character:

Name: Reika

Species: Shigami of Fire

Appearance: She has long red hair in multiple pony tails, and amber eyes. She's about 5' 7 with an athletic body. In artistic pictures of her from her country, she wears a red and gold Japanese style kimono, but she prefers to wear brown shorts, a red Chinese styled top, and a brown arm bands.

Personality: Reika is short tempered, witty, and quite indifferent toward anything not directly concerning her, or her current master. She can come off as smug, arrogant and rude at times, but she's quite warm hearted when it comes to people she loves, her friends, and kids. She's fairly laid back as long as she's not angry, or around Vada (the Shigami of Water). She also hates wizards. Reika tends to act tough around the other Shigami and people ever since the betrayal, but she's really a very soft person at heart, and is still extremely angry at Randalf, her best friend who cursed and betrayed them.

Brief Bio: Reika is the Shigami of Fire, and has the ability to manipulate, create, and at times even become fire. She is one of the four immortal beings called the Shigami. 500 years ago there was a great war between the four nations, that forced the involvement of the Shigami. Once the war was over however, the people feared their protectors' awesome power. Reika was betrayed by her best friend, who was a wizard, and he placed a powerful curse on the four to ensure the safety of the people. The Shigami are cursed to be the slaves of the humans who find them, and to serve them. Reika has been the Shigami who was found to most, for her power. In 500 years she's fought more than 200 wars. She's a weapon, and warfare expert.

The top three submissions will be featured on RPGateway's dA page. The first place winner will have his or her RPG character featured as the theme for next month's MFA.

→ The Typical Spiel ←
Every month, there will be a theme for you all to interpret and draw. It doesn't even have to be a sketch-- it could be a comic, animation, or photograph.

At the deadline, the top three submissions that reflect the theme the best and most creatively will be uploaded onto the RolePlayGateway deviantart gallery.

An example of the quality of entries we have received in past Monthly Featured contests can be found here.

→ Please upload or link all images in this topic.
    → Submit as many entries as you wish.
    → Judges are yet to be decided but most likely will be the Artwork mods
    → Any ORIGINAL digital medium accepted (including scanned works, audio recording, etc).
    → If you choose to use works that were not created by you (such as photos, images, or graphics), please cite your sources accordingly.

Submissions:
[x]: denotes that the entry is ineligible for judging.
[o]: denotes that the entry is eligible for judging.

---

Winners!

Just Because it's Awesome:
daughterofdon's "Reika"

2nd Place:
MEGAcya's "Reika"

AND FINALLY...

1st Place goes to:
Angel_Melfina's "Reika"

The entries will be displayed on roleplaygateway on dA.

Don't forget to check out September's MFC!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kasurin
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: MFC August: Rise of Reika

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:36 pm

Please post all entries with the details of the RP character you want to use for the next MFA if you win.

Character bios must include at least the following information (just click "Select All" and copy and paste it into your post):

Code: Select all
[list]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Brief Biography:[/b]

[b]Sample Image:[/b] (Optional)

[/list]

Good luck everyone.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dovey
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Okay, here's my entry. I've got a picture with and without colour. I have to post links, cause they're a little big..
Outline.
Coloured.

Name: Niamh ('neev') Anaïs ('ah-nay-iss') Wilson.
    Roleplay: Hope For The Future.
    Species: Human.
    Appearance: Niamh has long, blonde hair that falls down to about 3 inches past the shoulders. Before the country was taken over, it was her pride and joy; always glossy and well cared for, but now it has become tangled, matted and out of control. Her eyes are an olive-green colour, and surrounded by dark, smudged make-up. She is slim, to the point where she is almost too thin, but that is not uncommon for people in her position. Niamh only has one set of clothes- A low-cut vest of black lace, and a short black skirt. On her feet, she wears simple black canvas-slip ons.
    Personality: Niamh comes across as quite a quiet person, rarely speaking to anyone. 8 years ago though, this was not the case. She used to have lots of close friends, who she loved to spend time laughing and joking with.
    Brief Biography: Half Irish, half French, Niamh grew up in the 'posh end' of London. Up until the take over, her mother was a fashion designer and her father worked as a bank manager. However, in the year 2008, a man called Henry Dorshul 'relieved the queen of her duties', turning england upside down overnight. Women became second-class citizens, young men were forced to join the army, you had to pay a toll to be out in the streets...it was chaos.

Under his instruction, soldiers took away all the family's possessions, forcing them to live on the streets. Like all other homeless people in the city, they found it impossible to pay the taxes for being out in the street, and both Niamh and her mother had to go into prostitution to pay the fees, otherwise all three of them would face the newly reinstated death penalty.

A few days ago, she woke up in the middle of the night to find the barrel of a gun in her face, and her parents dead beside her. Somewhere in the midst of her panic, she managed to get away from the solider and ran as fast as she could, not daring to look back.

When she was looking for a place to lay low, Niamh wandered into an old apartment building, and met a guy called Eamon, who had been hiding there. He told her that the united states had made an announcement, offering to treat any English people who managed to get there as refugees. The two of them, along with several other young people, are planning to make their escape to America on a huge boat, due to set sail first thing in the morning.
    Sample Image:
    http://www.lexington-models.com/images/tara.jpg
Last edited by MEGAcya on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
the epic girlies,,
{♥} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {♥}

MEGAcya
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:57 am

I'll throw my piece in, you're lucky my lazy minx of an inspiration is awake for a change :D

Link: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/ ... /Reika.jpg

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:17 pm

Yami, I LOVE the outfit design, and the fire swirling all around her. Great job!

Good coloring, Mega, and clean lines, too! <3

I may have to get in on these again. Now that I moved and don't have cable, I am not a lazy bum flipping channels on the tube. Expect something from me for this contest fo' sho'.

EDIT: Okay. So as soon as I was about to leave for work, I got inspired to draw. I printed out Reika's description, and drew her before getting ready to go to my fiance's house, which is where I have to speed to now. >_> The coloring isn't great...I used colored pencils since I've yet to get around to learning Photoshop. Without cable, maybe I'll finally do that. if my fiance ever gives my laptop back. >=/ The coloring looks even worse since I scanned it, and it cut off part of the picture on the left, but not much. The background is randomly green, because I'm OCD and the lack of any cold colors was driving me nuts.

Anywho, so yeah, this is my submission. <3

I'll edit this post with a bio later as I'm late for a very important date!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/M ... /Reika.jpg
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:26 pm

ZMG these are all so good! Maybe between my other art projects and writing and games and junk I'll actually be able to crank one out as well! XD Great work everyone!

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:27 pm

Since I don't like the way that picture turned out scanned, my fiance and I are going to work on it in PhotoShop this weekend. He's going to teach me how to use PhotoShop and we're gonna make it all purty and awesome, so don't count that first entry as final! :)

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:12 am

Wow, thanks thee are really nice guys! ^-^

Kohananinja
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:45 pm

And I don't want to enter the contest--this is just a special present for Kohananinja. :) But I wish I could show it in person. It looks much better in person, because the black is richer. And it's acrylics. Yay! Reika's so cool!

daughterofdon
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faerywitch on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:51 pm

That is an awesome drawing! I love the composition you gave to it, and her dynamic pose!
Yes! now open for commissions!
http://faerywitch.deviantart.com/

Faerywitch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:54 pm

SQUEEE! OMG! DoD that's so awsome thank you! The color's and patterns are so great ^-^! I love it! I'm so happy to see her pics, because Reika was my first character on here, so she's got a special place in my heart ^-^

Kohananinja
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:43 am

:O daughterofdon! That is AMAZING! Seriously, wow. I LOVE your artwork, it's always so incredible.... *_*

MEGAcya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixelgami on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:51 pm

I am simply speechless, daughterofdon. Wow. You are the consummate artist. Plus, it's lovely that you don't want to enter the contest too--saves us mods from some messy deliberating!

I also love MEGAcya's, Yami-Dokuro's, and Angel_Melfina's entries. You all are really pulling out the stops with the fire effects and costume designs! Good luck!

pixelgami
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:50 pm

Don't you think I forgot about this; you all have til' Monday to get your submissions in. GET TO IT.

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:40 pm

ZOMG. THE DEADLINE IS IN THREE DAYS. SUBMIT, YOU GUYZ.

My submission, of course, will not be entered into the contest.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z8/d ... kacopy.jpg

Dovey
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:26 am

Wow, Dovey! That's so beautiful!! I LOVE it.

MEGAcya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:59 pm

Ooooo!!! That's gorgeous! I was just thinking that someone should do a more traditional rendering of Reika (as mentioned in the profile). And you fooled me with the calligraphy for a moment. :) And the texture of the background adds a lot.

daughterofdon
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:55 pm

Winners will be up soon!

And... WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SAY I SPELLED KOHANANINJA'S NAME WRONG?! ;_;

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:03 pm

I just realized that with a busy life, I never did my drawing in Photo Shop. v_v it looks like crap compared to everyone else's. x_x

And Kat, I honestly didn't notice. o_o

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:00 am

Woot woot! So ends another Monthly Featured Character! As always, there were some SPIFFERIFIC pieces, and I hope there's more to come in the next MFC.

Winners!

Just Because it's Awesome:
daughterofdon's "Reika"

2nd Place:
MEGAcya's "Reika"

AND FINALLY...

1st Place goes to:
Angel_Melfina's "Reika"

The entries will be displayed on roleplaygateway on dA.

Don't forget to check out September's MFC!

Dovey
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!