Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

MFC January: ShadowWake's Queen Nstif’ikta I’lar

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

MFC January: ShadowWake's Queen Nstif’ikta I’lar

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:58 am

Monthly Featured Character: January

RPGateway wants to feature YOUR original roleplay character

All you have to do is:
  • Draw the featured character!
  • Submit a character profile of your original roleplay character
      Code: Select all
          [list]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Brief Biography:[/b]

[b]Sample Image:[/b] (Optional)

[/list]

• Win.
  • Get featured!

January's MFC theme will be the winner of
December's MFC:

ShadowWake's Queen Nstif’ikta I’lar

Name: Queen Nstif’ikta I’lar

Race: Rau-lass

Appearance: No matter how evil they are, no one can say that a Rau-lass isn’t beautiful and Nstif’ikta is no exception. Designed for both seduction and strength, the Rau-lass Queen’s body is perfectly toned and in proportion, the flawless alabaster skin marred only by shadows and her features reminiscent of a woman in her early thirties. Tall even for the Rau-lass (5’ 11”), her long legs are undoubtedly her best asset and not even the strength in her arms is simply for show: born to the sword, Nstif’ikta could easily hold her own in battle. As all members of her race, the Queen’s hair is a mass of writhing black tentacles – each about the girth of her smallest finger – and each ‘strand’ has sensory endings that act like individual appendages, touching and sensing things, though without much strength. Large, black, pouting lips hide her slightly pointed teeth and her narrow, crimson eyes settle upon sharp cheekbones. Her nails are longer than a soldier’s usually would be and are slightly curled, the black tips embedded with a natural toxin that burns on contact with flesh (the Rau-lass naturally are resistant). She generally wears leather armour but during battle has a tendency to wear something more practical and made of steel. She may also wear long, hooded robes of deepest indigo during times of ritual or ceremony of a cloth that clings tightly to her upper body before fanning loosely around her limbs. She bears a three-hand-and-a-half sword at her hip in a polished black scabbard, the steely grey hilt carved into a thorny resemblance and the pommel set with a single, thumbnail-sized garnet.

Personality: She is a highly seductive woman (as most of her race) and many find her and her suggestions hard to resist. The Rau-lass Queen’s main vice is her greed and her curiosity, for it is both of these that have caused her so trouble with a certain Major Ambey – her ‘fire-bird’ – and may cause her concern in the future. She has a great weakness for power and is willing to sacrifice anything but her own life for it – even children. Generally a selfish woman, she will however consent to joint ‘leadership’ as it were... as long as she holds the reigns, obviously.

Bio: Virtually nothing is known about the Queen of the Rau-lass. Her presence in Aduro was unknown until the battle at Tumulosus, though there were the inevitable rumours that often had more truth than people realised. Clearly a knowledgeable woman, it is obvious she was brought up to fill exactly this role, though not even I can see her as anything other than an adult. Who knows, she may have a whole complex thing going on where she had a bad childhood, didn’t make any friends etc etc... somehow, I doubt it though...

Her recent history involves the battle at Tumulosus – the last stand that she herself supervised to ensure it really was the last. The human Phoenix Raine (aka Major Ambey) is a matter of curiosity to her due to the strength and determination she possesses, though the clearer objective is her want for a link to the faeries (which she believes the human race owes her) and a return of the magic with which she gifted the first traitor of the human race, General Llanna. After the disappearance of her ‘fire-bird’ – along with the remaining mages under the faery Sorea Pardai’s command – Nstif’ikta has been temporarily distracted from the main battles decimating Aduro with searching for those mages missing from Tumulosus.

During the seven month period before the fall of Occalus - the faery capital - the Queen managed to locate and capture one of the faery mages – Foertis Deus – who leaked the knowledge that someone close to Commander Pardai was helping him rescue children from the Rau-lass’ experimental plans. Sidetracked by the battle at Occalus, she is unaware that Foertis was rescued by his companions (‘cause let’s face it, who wants to tell the Rau-lass Queen that one of her prize captives has managed to escape..?).

Strengths and weaknesses: Nstif’ikta has an innate telepathic ability that is virtually second nature to her and along with her extensive shadow magic, she is a formidable mage. Neither would you want to face her in a one-on-one swordfight for, though her prowess with the sword doesn’t even compare to the magic she bears, she is still a dangerous opponent in battle.

Sample Images:
    Nstif'ikta Head
    Nstif'ikta Full Body

Deadline is January 30th

The top three submissions will be featured on RPGateway's dA page. The first place winner will have his or her RPG character featured as the theme for next month's MFC.

---The Spiel---

Every month, there will be a theme for you all to interpret and draw. It doesn't even have to be a sketch-- it could be a comic, animation, or photograph.

At the deadline, the top three submissions that reflect the theme the best and most creatively will be uploaded onto the RolePlayGateway deviantart gallery.

An example of the quality of entries we have received in past Monthly Featured contests can be found at the following links:

RULES:
      → Please upload or link all images in this topic.
      → Submit as many entries as you wish.
      → Judges are yet to be decided but most likely will be the Artwork mods
      → Any ORIGINAL digital medium accepted (including scanned works, audio recording, etc).
      → If you choose to use works that were not created by you (such as photos, images, or graphics), please cite your sources accordingly.

---

Submissions:
[x]: denotes that the entry is ineligible for judging.
[o]: denotes that the entry is eligible for judging.
Skaerin: [o]
Alacer Phasmatis: [o]
Palendrome: [o]
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: MFC January: ShadowWake's Queen Nstif’ikta I’lar

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skaerin on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:26 am

Here is the art entry:

Character profile:
Name:
Emperor Amrityn Si-Nomaris
A.K.A. Amrit, The Silver Prince, Nomaris tiha Mundi (Avatar of Nomaris)

Species:
Nomar

Appearance:
Of delicate build and appearance, Emperor Amrityn, or Amrit as he is known to friends, is a young man with effeminate features and pale coloration. His hair is naturally silver, and on days of great stress, it is difficult to tell his true age. His eyes are deep sapphire, and bely an understanding of mortal ugliness, and a wish to do his best for his people. Like all Nomar, his ears are slightly tapered. He favors light-weight clothing, suited to the dry and often heated weather of Nomarian cities.

Despite the wealth that comes with his position, Armityn has never favored jewelery, what he wears is made of good material but practical. As with all past leaders, Amrit wears clothing that is fairly unisex, since the ruler of the Nomar must encompass all that he or she rules, and traditionally, this calls for androgyny in appearance.

Personality:
The streak of obstinacy and selfishness that had existed in Amrit in his Crown Prince days have all but disappeared. The war may have had something to do with it. Instead of following the hunt he so liked before, these days, Amrit spends much of his time in solitude, reading up on the histories of his people. Since his coronation, he has been renowned for his wisdom in the reconstruction of the three major cities, and in transporting aid to the border regions. All in all, the Emperor seems to be staying quiet and out of the public eye since the peace treaty was signed.

Brief Biography:
At age fifteen, Amrityn became Crown Prince and heir to the Nomar throne, after the death of his older brother and only sibling. In the decade of war that followed between the technology rich Nomar and the Valerians, Amrityn twice betrayed his father Emperor Kiallas.

In his first betrayal, he released four prisoners, Valerians who had infiltrated Silmaris, the Nomar capital. In the process, he befriended two Valerians who would later on lead their people to victory in the war. He also learned of the massacres his father had ordered on the Valerian populace, all in order to find the Key that led to the temple of the world, where one could reshape history and the laws of physics.

Frightened by the knowledge, he began to secretly work against Emperor Kiallas. In the final stand, he defies the commands and pleas of his dying father and agrees to the laws laid down by the Valerian army. The experiences he suffered in the war and in the subsequent revelations that followed changed him. He severed connections with most of his personal friends, and after his coronation, he retreated behind the walls of his rebuilt palace, and is rarely seen.

Sample Image:
Emperor Amrit

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skaerin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Wow, what a brilliant first picture! :D Nice work, Skaerin! Can wait to see what the others look like... this is so exciting! *claps hands*

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Claiming a spot, just so's people have a heads-up.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odon on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:36 am

hmm. What's this now. Two weeks to submit something and I have a lot of free time on my hands. I'll give it a shot. ;D
That is an excuse, not a reason!

Odon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixelgami on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Whoa, with all of these talented artists lining up to take a shot, it looks like it's going to be pretty competitive. And, ShadowWake, you may have hit the jackpot with all this gorgeous character art!

pixelgami
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 pm

I know, I feel so lucky! *blushes*

Thanks to everyone who's giving this a go: I'm really flattered at the effort that people are putting in for this! :D

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skaerin on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:46 pm

^^; I've... been doodling. This is kind of embarrassing, but I think I might have something better than what I entered with. What to do... Well. Maybe I can just send it via PM if I ever finish it. Can't wait to see everyone's entries.

Skaerin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Speaking of entries, I have something down, but the more I look at it, the angrier it makes me; give me time. All your charries are determined to thwart me, SW. ;)

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 am

Lol, no worries, Alacer: it happens to me every time I draw! I'm sure it's far better than you think it is, though as I said, I'm impressed that people are even trying... she's a complicated character to draw!

I'm also pretty impressed that you've managed to do something even better Skaerin, considering how good the original was. If you do get to finish it, I'd love it if you could PM it to me. :D

Thanks again, peeps!

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 pm

By the way, according to the rules, you may submit as many entries as you want. Maybe that will make things easier for you, Skaerin ; )

Also, you can expect something from me as usual, ShadowWake!

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:11 pm

Hm, my new draft has Miss I'lar on a bed...

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 am

Lol, well, she has to sleep at some point... even if she can use people souls instead of rest... ;)

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 am

Yup, I guess she does... fortunately, she's awake in this one.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixelgami on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:39 am

Gah! I can't believe it's almost time for the obligatory almost-a-week-til-the-end-of-another-MFC announcement.

11 days left! Get these submissions in : D

pixelgami
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Okey-dokes, my submission was done, but due to a series of events, it had tire tracks on it. :P

I'll have another one done in about an hour and post it tonight.

EDIT: >.< Oh, I am a dweeb. My scanner isn't connected to the computer and the installation CD is MIA, so I'm emailing cellphone pics, which I'll post up here until Wednesday, when I can get to the art room and steal my teacher's printer.

Details are smudged here, there's some freakish line making her look anorexic, etc. but the original is marginally better. :p I might try again. Gah! *stabs drawing* I have her perfectly in my head--- perfectly! *foams* But darn it if I can't *beeep* draw her! -.- She's doing this on purpose. I swear.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:57 am

Lol, that's lovely, Alacer! I love her hair - and her look... you could kill with them alone... :D

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Palendrome on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:29 pm

^^ Woo. I got it done. I don't really think it's winning material... but it was fun to do! ^^ Used a lot of references on this one. Great character Shadow Wake!... even If I can never get her name right... ^^ Woo!

Lady Nstif'ikita I'lar

And I didn't know if I should add Charlie again... so I'm going to anyway! Yip yip!

Name:Charlie

Species: Monster

Appearance: Charlie is a small creature about 3 feet tall. He has an orange body with a purple belly. On his head are three horns that are purple/black striped. He has two purple wings on his back that do not attach to his body, and on his tail is a small triangle. Finally, his toes and fingertips are black.

Personality: Charlie is a bubbley, naturally happy monster. Full of energy and life, he gets into a lot of trouble. He is mischevious and silly, and loves to play. Although he is quite old, he has the mind set of a five-year-old. Other than playing with his witch 'sweetheart' Elii, his favorite thing to do is chase butterflies.

Brief Biography: In the early stages of Charlie's childhood, he was kidnapped by the evil mastermind Van for his terrifying alternate form. For many years he was tortured and abused, causing him to stay in his childhood stage of life although aging every year. He very recently was able to escape because of a young witch named Elii. Now they are gathering other monsters to overthrow the disgusting overlord and return peace to Charlie's world.

Sample Image:

Palendrome
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Lovely pic, Palendrome: I especially like her eyes! :D

I'm dead chuffed with all these great drawings! *boogies*

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Palendrome on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:14 pm

^^ Thank you. She's a way cool character.

Palendrome
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!