Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

MFC June: A Jaded Time Indeed: WINNERS!

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

MFC June: A Jaded Time Indeed: WINNERS!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Thu May 29, 2008 5:55 pm

Monthly Featured Character: June

RPGateway wants to feature YOUR original roleplay character

June's MFA theme will be the winner of the last MFAs character:

Jadeling Hawkins' character, Richelle June Oaken

• Name: Richelle June Oaken
  • Species: Human
  • Hair:
    • Dark brown, usually worn in two long braids that reach her waist.
    • Seems to be constantly trying to push her bangs out of her face.
  • Eyes: Deep green
  • Clothes:
    • Usually wears a green dress, white apron, brown corset.
    • Casual slip-on shoes.
    • Also wears a necklace that consists of a gold chain and a coin with a pirate symbol on it, and a gold ring with what appears to be a cat's head etched on its face.
  • Other Physical Details:
    • A young slip of a thing, Richelle is often considered 'prettyish,' but not 'beautiful' (but don't tell that to James MacLeod, as he will likely beat you with a fish for downplaying the unearthly beauty of his Poppet).
    • Her skin is a tad darker than average, which has only increased with her constant time under the sun.
    • Recently became adept in fencing and other swordplay, but does not habitually carry a blade. Has been known to disguise herself as a nobleman with a beard on at least one occasion.
  • Personality:
    • In a few short words, sweet and sassy.
    • Has a bit of a defiant streak, and her wit is considered her greatest weapon.
    • Once her loyalty is won, it is virtually impossible to shake off.
  • Brief Bio:
    • Richelle was born the eight child (and only daughter) of a blacksmith and his wife. She was trained in the arts of ladyship by an aunt that married well, but was instead attracted to the life of a pickpocket. She became quite skilled in the art, but her parents eventually had enough of meetings with constables and she was shipped out to live with an uncle.
    • But the ship she was on was wrecked in a hurricane, though she miraculously survived. It was here that her life truly began.
    • She met and fell deeply in love with James MacLeod, and became a member of the good ship Fledgling, captained by Elizabeth Darson (both individuals being survivors of the storm).
    • They discovered the Seven Cities of Gold, became exceedingly rich...and then James was arrested by his own brother.
    • Richelle spent the next two years attempting to get him free, and finally succeeded, with the assistance of her friends, on the day he was meant to be hung.
    • However, she had the great misfortune of discovering a scroll, hidden away inside a staff. Upon touching the scroll, which turned out to be a map to the legendary city of Elkab, she became the recipient of the curse of a Raksasha, and now must reach Elkab if she is to survive.
  • Sample Images:
    • Richelle June Oaken: link
    • James MacLeod: link

Deadline is June 25th

The top three submissions will be featured on RPGateway's dA page. The first place winner will have his or her RPG character featured as the theme for next month's MFA.

---The Typical Spiel---

Every month, there will be a theme for you all to interpret and draw. It doesn't even have to be a sketch-- it could be a comic, animation, or photograph.

At the deadline, the top three submissions that reflect the theme the best and most creatively will be uploaded onto the RolePlayGateway deviantart gallery.

An example of the quality of entries we have received in past Monthly Featured contests can be found here

RULES:
    → Please upload or link all images in this topic.
    → Submit as many entries as you wish.
    → Judges are yet to be decided but most likely will be the Artwork mods
    → Any ORIGINAL digital medium accepted (including scanned works, audio recording, etc).
    → If you choose to use works that were not created by you (such as photos, images, or graphics), please cite your sources accordingly.

---

Winners!

3rd Place:
Kohaninja's "Wanted: Richelle June Oaken"

2nd Place:
Hayley's "Meester Mustache"

AND FINALLY...

1st Place goes to:
daughterofdon's' "Richelle"

The entries will be put on roleplaygateway on dA for all to see

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: MFA June: A Jaded Time Indead

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Thu May 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Please post all entries which the details of the RP character you want to use for the next MFA if you win.

Character bios must include at least the following information (just click "Select All" and copy and paste it into your post):

Code: Select all
[list]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Brief Biography:[/b]

[b]Sample Image:[/b] (Optional)

[/list]

Good luck everyone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri May 30, 2008 1:49 am

Yey! I can't wait to see what comes from this...:D

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Fri May 30, 2008 4:56 am

Yay! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. I would enter, but if truth be told my artwork stinks, and I don't have a scanner anyway..*sigh* woe is me...
Haha, but seriously, good look everyone! ^^
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kijuki-X on Fri May 30, 2008 8:44 am

Hmmm... an adaptation. Will try to do/

Kijuki-X
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Fri May 30, 2008 9:07 am

Ahh, you know what? screw it. I'm giving this a shot.
Heres the outline of my pic. (this is not the finished entry, I'm just checking I've got the right idea.)
I'll work on colouring it some other time when my hand's not cramping up. ^^''

MEGAcya
Member for 13 years

Re: MFC June: A Jaded Time Indeed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat May 31, 2008 4:34 pm

That's really cute, Mega ^^ I can't wait to see it colored! lol and I'm totally drawing something inspired by this event, even though I really can't enter the contest (or at least I would feel silly entering a contest centered on my own character, I'd much rather see what everyone else does ^^ ). Just so y'all know. XD

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Sat May 31, 2008 6:54 pm

Of course you can enter Jade you just can't win (We can't have you winning every MFA)

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat May 31, 2008 7:32 pm

ROFL

As if! XD Just for that slander, Yami, I expect an uber entry from you!!!

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Sat May 31, 2008 11:46 pm

I've got a nice comic in my head just waiting to be transferred onto paper. Hope I can get the implementation right...
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hayley on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:17 am

Well, I worked all day, while I still had the drive and lack-of-anything-else-to-distract-me. =P And here it is.

Aaand, here's a profile...

Name: Nagome Clanakte (Mouthful, baby)

Species: A mutt, plain and simple. Most species I've made with friends, so... closest we can say is "wolf demon", although I detest that term.

Appearance: Major shortie, about 4'9", on a good day. Her hair and fur is white, and her eyes a very, very pale blue, as well as her skin. She could be classified as an albino. She has baby blue markings all over her body (I mean ALL over), much like tribal tattoos. (I'm so sorry, I don't have a reference picture for those. :\) Anywho, her hair has gone through a lot of different phases, so it's your preference. Short and choppy or long and wavy? As far as the wolf features go, she has ears to the side of her head, a tail, and a dog nose. Pretty simple. She can shape-shift into an assortment of forms, lycanthrope and wolf included.

Personality: She has a very short temper, easily angered, especially if you threaten the "pack". She is very caring toward her children, aside from the triplets, who need all the tough love they can get.

Brief Biography: Nagome's life is a little long, so I'll give a brief synopsis of the more modern. She's insanely adept at magic, having mastered the runes necessary, and having an excess of magic in her system. In other words? If you can think it, she can cast it. She's romantically troubled, and in the end, gave up and accepted three men into her life - Xavernus, an incubus lord; Roa, a saber-tooth tiger "demon"; and Cross, a wolf-demon bodyguard in the Alaskan kingdom. As a result, she has ten kids. And thus, the "pack" is made.

Sample Image: (Optional) http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/4853/leggomyeggoqz5.png <--- Scary and Angry. Also an example of her long hair.
    http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1128/packew8.jpg <--- Normal, example of short hair.

And, done.

Hayley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:33 am

ROFL!! Nagome, that's hilarious! XD And your character looks very cool :)

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hayley on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:37 am

I was hoping you'd find it funny XD If you ever want the full size, just let me know.

Hayley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:41 am

LOL thats awesome...
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:33 am

LOL, thats amazing Nagome!

MEGAcya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixelgami on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:12 am

Is the mustache an inside joke among the Possibly Pirates ilk?

Along with Yami's submission, maybe I'll contribute a cute little Flash animation like last time.

By the way, for you deviantArt users, show your support by favoriting the news article and spread the word: http://news.deviantart.com/article/49670/

pixelgami
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Lol that would be awesome, Ingrid ^^ And w00t I posted on the news article :)

And as far as the whole mustache thing goes...during the daring rescue in the very beginning of Possibly Pirates 2, Richelle and Elizabeth disguised themselves as gentlemen in order to get into the King's private hanging of the Dread Pirate MacLeod (teehee). So, beard, powdered wig, fancy clothes...all that. Does that count as a private joke?

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:48 am

Haha, okay, so....life's been a little straining for me lately and I haven't had a chance to actually draw something yet...so instead, I made a Gaia avatar of Richelle as she first appeared XD
It was harder than you might think. Surprisingly enough, they don't have a simple green dress, white apron, or any of the exceedingly casual things that make up her common attire o_O So this is as close as I could get. Enjoy.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:15 am

Hahaha, this is why RPGateway > Gaia. Just kidding!

I'm glad someone posted this in the announcements where everyone can see. Thanks, mystery admin--may you continue to do so in the future!

And of course, in the tradition of MFC, I'll be drawing something for you, Jadeling. Count on it!
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sesha on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Oh man! This sounds like a blast! I haven't entered one before so I will give it my first shot! *Runs off to start sketching*
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/sesha-t22117.html <--- My character profiles
Follow the populace and you will be popular.
Follow your mind and you will be purposeful.
Follow your heart and you will live.
-Vigilante

sesha
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!