Ministry of Magic - remake

a part of “Ministry of Magic - remake”, a fictional universe by BoneBrain.

London, 1962. A massive step forward for the Wizarding community has given the Ministry of Magic the first Muggle-Born Minister for Magic, not everyone is pleased with this change. (Reboot)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ministry of Magic - remake”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:27 am

Alrighty! If you are a returning character or new I can't wait to write with you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BoneBrain
Member for 4 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Ministry of Magic - remake

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:31 am

w00t - I'll be resubbing same character same circumstances, if it's okay?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nekohina
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:56 am

Hey you! Of course! Can't wait. I'll be doing the same!

BoneBrain
Member for 4 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:11 pm

I'm so glad this is back! Can I reprise the role of Ophelia please?

la.lune
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Yes of course!!! Can't wait! :) So happy you guys are back!! <3

BoneBrain
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Ophelia has been submitted, could I perhaps also take a male in the being and spirit division with Willy Cartier as his FC?

la.lune
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Hullo! Could I possibly reserve the spot under Obliviator Headquarters? I haven't got an FC in mind at the moment (really just saw this posted as I was packing to go home and I was excited as hell), but I should get back to you in a few hours (travel time and all that) to let you know.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Totchocity1 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Hey! Could I reserve a female with a Lily James FC in the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad?

Totchocity1
Member for 4 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:53 pm

All of them are reserved! Can't wait to see your characters!! Thanks for the interest everyone! :)

BoneBrain
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby συιʝα on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Ohh it's back! I can actually join this time! Can I reserve a spot in the Beast department with Tatiana Maslany as the face claim?
ImageImage

συιʝα
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:58 am

Got the face claim! Actually, I have two face claims in mind: Felicity Jones, or, if you find there'll be too many females, Sam Riley.

wednesdaysun
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jibber Jabber on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:41 am

Well, I'm interested in this fer sure. If it's alright, I would like to reserve a lukewarm slot.
FC: Luke Arnold. Pest Advisory Board.
that pun though

Jibber Jabber
Member for 5 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:52 am

Oh wow Thanks for all of the interest! So happy that you guys want to take part!

@συιʝα for sure! I look forward to your character! She is reserved!

@wednesdaysun Honestly I'm down for what ever gender. If you would like to play a female by all means. :) I'll leave it up to you!

@Jibber Jabber Reserved! Can't wait to see your character!

BoneBrain
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:10 pm

I would love to reserve a character in the Auror office with FC:Lorde

Terraformer
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:31 pm

For sure! Looking forward to everyone's characters. They are all looking amazing so far. I'm thinking the first post will likely be on Saturday. :)

BoneBrain
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Decided I'd double up instead. :) Felicity Jones under Obliviator Headquarters, and Sam Riley under Department of Mysteries.

wednesdaysun
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Sounds good! I'll fix your reservations! :)

BoneBrain
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:11 am

Hiya! Very interested in joining! I'm hoping to reserve a character within the magical games and sports department, quidditch department specifically, with the FC Vladimir Ivanov. I know it's not one of the exciting adventurous jobs, but hopefully he'll fit right in :) Thank you!

Cloud
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:20 am

I look forward to seeing what he can do! He is reserved for you!

BoneBrain
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Greetings and good evening.

I would like to bring to your attention my character concept prior to officially putting it up on site. I have discussed the matter with BoneBrain, and though we both share a degree of enthusiasm for the idea, we both realize that it comes with several red flags.

My current concept is of an unspeakable, who worked for the auror department of investigation to uncover illegal and dangerous research projects in the department of mysteries. My character received this assignment sometime in the 19th century, and you guessed it, the illegal research was time travel.

The ministry has a decidedly less than stellar record experimenting with time travel; people who successfully went back in time ended up changing the course of history. People who should have been born were lost and their decedents simply vanished out of existence. Time travelers who were brought back from the past immediately aged, some by centuries, all at once. Suffice to say, the experiment my character got caught up in went just as badly; the two other participants died on the spot, while my character vanished and was assumed to have died, just like previous time travelers stuck in the past.

The only problem is he didn't go to the past, he went forwards in time to the future.

At this point, you would be quite justified in calling foul, this concept reeks of the OP roleplay braking nonsense I have learned to avoid. I would like to first put your minds at rest with a few questions and answers:

1) Did he travel only as far as the present era or further?

My current concept is that the character did indeed travel further than the current era and than returned though unspecified means, possibly a failed attempt to return to his own time or a premeditated journey to this particular era. Ether way, my character no longer recalls his intentions.

2) Will your character be giving out twice daily future events forecasts?

Short answer: No.
Long answer: He does not talk about his experiences, in fact he has probably would have covered up the full extent of his journey. Even if he wanted to talk, he wouldn't have much to say because he does not remember much of it.

3) If previous time travelers suffered such ill effects, what has happened to your character?

The full extent of the toll the journey had ( or will have) on his body is unknown. He hasn't visibly aged, but his personality is completely different. He has few clear memories of his experiences; just as travelers to the past aged the years between their destination and their original time period, memories of the future simply do not belong in the present. At best, my character has subconscious memories of the future; feelings, disorganized thoughts and occasional recollections as time passes by. Add to that, my character is a flawed one, he has been scarred by his experiences and isn't beyond misunderstanding what he remembers.

4) Enough with this mysterious act!

Sorry, I know it does appear ominous and leaves me quite a lot of room to conveniently add in details later. That is not my intention, most of these unknowns will remain unknowns. My character will gradually remember more of his experiences, but these will be limited to his own character arch (planned and agreed with the GM), but he will never have a full revelation.

5) The/a future?

We already know that it is possible to change the past though time travel. Who is to say that my character's mere presence in the present hasn't already changed the future? (See butterfly effect) Or that my character merely traveled to a possible future? I favor the 'a future' option, simply because it isn't binding and reduces the weight of an otherwise problematic proposition.

I would appreciate thoughts and concerns regarding this matter.

Cheers,
T. Herald.

PS: please do not be intimidated by my word count. It was caused by a single particularly vicious joint post covering an entire adventure. I generally write about 500 words per post, though I do occasionally go over or below that limit (mostly over).

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!