Announcements: January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! »

Miss Trina's Home For The Broken

a part of “Miss Trina's Home For The Broken”, a fictional universe by JustBeingMe.

Sometimes life is really hard, thats why over eighty years ago a group of siblings opened up their home for teens and young adults that needed help. Welcome Miss Trina's, are you ready to feel safe?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Miss Trina's Home For The Broken”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JustBeingMe on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:22 am

Hello, Im JustBeingMe. You guys can call me Q (my REAL name starts with a Q so it works.) I just joined this site, mostly because a friend of mine told me an idea of mine (along with my CS and characters for the idea) were being used without permission on here. Now, that has nothing to do with this idea.

This idea is about the different types of struggles teens and young adults go through and instead of facing them alone they get to meet others close to their age that are also facing those challenges and get to live in a safe place while dealing with them. This game focuses mostly on our characters finding themselves after going through a tragedy of some sort (abuse, losing their families, being kicked out, failing to commit suicide, miscarriage, drug addiction, etc.).

Im really excited for this idea to come to fruition, When I first started roleplaying (years and years ago) I played a similar game, I would link it to the intro of the game if I could find it but I cant sadly, it went really well and it is probably the main reason i still roleplay today and share my writing (even though im not the best) with the world.

Anyways...

To reserve a character I will need an FC, Hex code, and I would like their tragedy but it isn't necessary.

Can't wait to hear from you!

~~JustBeingMe
(AKA Q)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JustBeingMe
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Miss Trina's Home For The Broken

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:24 pm

I'd just like to show that I'm interested, but I'm unable to find a suitable face-claim for my character(s).

If you know of anything that might help, or any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear it!

My idea is to go with a female, dark blonde/light brown, tomboy who doesn't look like a million dollar actress. Someone who's lived on the streets for a long time, yanno? Anyway... a directory or suggestion would be super helpful! Thanks!

And, I'd just like to say how in love with this idea I am. I love these almost slice-of-life kinda things, where it focuses on emotional trauma, and the different methods of coping. That said, prepare yourself when I unveil my characters.
"In breaking news, the Sky. The Earth.

Life.

Existence as an unchanging plane with horizons of birth and death in faint distance. There is nothing to speak about.

There never was."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby JustBeingMe on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:17 pm

Im glad you are interested in my roleplay :) so your criteria is kinda hair to meet but here are my suggestions.

Chloë Grace Moretz:
She can glam up nice but she plays alot of the girl next door types of characters and those are typically pretty tomboyish. She has gone through several different hair shades in the past couple of years so im sure you can find a shade that fit your idea.

Taylor Momsen:
Ok, so she doesnt have the hair color you wanted but she has the punk rocker thing going on that always makes me think that she feel asleep for a couple of days in a row without washing her makeup off.

Shailene Woodley:
I really like her, she isnt really pretty in a normal sense but yet is and I just adore her with short hair.

Alexandra Daddario:
Again (and like the other) she isnt the best example of "TomBoy" but when she played the role of Annabelle for the Percy Jackson movie she did a pretty good job and she doesnt seem to be a super glam girl.

Now, these are just suggestions and I understand if you dont use any of them but there were the best i could find that fir your criteria in some way.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

JustBeingMe
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby συιʝα on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi Q! Nice to see a new member around here! I welcome you to the site and hope you have nothing but good experiences on here. Sorry to hear about what happened but I do hope it doesn't happen again!

On that note, I would like to reserve a female spot with Naomi Scott as my face claim and her hex will be #D98C80. Her tragedy is gonna be that she was kicked out of the house when her parents found her with another girl.

Even cropped the gif for you just to save some time. ^^
ImageImage

συιʝα
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:08 pm

After some serious thinking, revisions, and whatnot. . .

I'm gonna take your advice.
FC is:
HexCode: Darkmagenta | 8B008B

Tragedy: Many. By gods, this 'child' has gone though a lot. But, the main and most prevalent issue, is the striking number of times she's attempted to end her own life. After failing at death so many times, she's begun to wonder if it's even possible for her, and now is toying with the idea of her own alleged "immortality".

Sorry if I made you wait. I'll try and submit a fullblown CS asap.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WoefulFairies on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:27 am

Hey, Q! I'd like to reserve a spot ♥ I already have most of my character's CS done so it should be good to go within the 48 hour limit. Here's her deets:

Faceclaim: Adelaide Kane
Hexcode: #AD6F88
Tragedy: Aria's father committed suicide, leaving her with nobody. Faced with abandonment and terrifying anxiety and nightmares, she finds refuge at Trina's Place.

WoefulFairies
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi! I would like to reserve a spot, if you don't mind ^^ Hex code is #38157F, and her faceclaim is Alisha Newton

Her father is a criminal, and is currently in prison for a 30-year sentence (23 years to go). Her family was rather poor, but they lived. A couple days after her father finished his 7th year in prison, her mother mysteriously died from (so far) unknown causes. She is now taking refuge in Trina's Place.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

Korruption
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:51 am

This wonderful RP was pointed out to me and I would be honored if I could join.

Name: Coming Soon

FC: Ksenia Solo

Hex: #C71585

Tragedy: WIP
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:37 pm

I am currently working on my character I apologize for the delay.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:39 am

I'm growing worried. Does anyone exist in this RP anymore? Hello? Gamemaster? *echoes*

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:52 am

I'm here. My character has been finished since wednesday.

emotionless
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WoefulFairies on Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm

I hope the GM hasn't given up on this RP... I really liked the idea! :(

WoefulFairies
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!