Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Moon Stop

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Moon Stop

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:52 pm

The sun shone brightly in the cool morning air as Luce walked up the mountain path to his new school. He was starting his first year at the Magenta School of Magical Essence, yet he didn't feel anything for it. He glanced around at the other students walking the path, thinking about how everything seemed so peaceful. In a way he was relieved that students don't have to wear uniforms for this school. He looked up again and sighed at the serenity of this atmosphere.
"I wonder... what kind of poeple... I'll meet now," He said to himself in his usual drone. When he stared back down to the path, he realized he was already close to the front gates of the school. Luce stopped for a moment to take in the image of the school, the white and magenta colors splashed the school's exterior and gave him a similar feeling of peace. He could hear other students talking as they walked by him and into the school grounds, oblivious to him as they went on their way. Luce gave his bag a little heave before deciding to continue into the grounds, but something drew his attention before he could take a step. He glanced to his left and saw four students just a little ways away, three of them facing towards one. They seemed to be yelling at eachother.
"Oh good... something interesting... is happening already," He said as his deep eyes gleamed.
"Death is sometimes thought to be a comprimise... but it is always made without choice."

Theme song for my first RP character, Luce Savone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ben7h5c1yqk

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Moon Stop

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Considering the fact that she had been completely against coming to this school, Cassandra was starting to see the benefits of the school, rather than the negatives. She had been placed in the dormitories, meaning that she didn't have to live with her parents anymore, which was refreshing to know they wouldn't be hounding her all the time anymore. So she had develop her element a bit to remain at this school, that didn't seem like a huge price to pay for her freedom and peace.

Her parents hadn't stayed long at all after helping her transfer her belongings from the car to her new room. She was sharing a mixed corridor with three other people she didn't know, but that didn't bother her as much as she thought it was going to. Deciding she could unpack properly after the day's lectures, she grabbed her satchel and slung it over her left shoulder, making her way to the door to work her way down to the main entrance.

The climate of the area was really mild, so her mauve knee length skirt and simple white shirt weren't giving her a chill as her little heels clicked on the concrete as she entered the main gate. There was some commotion over to the side of the entrance and she saw some people yelling. A lot of people were noticing but no one was helping and she decided that she'd be better off not getting involved. She knew getting into a fight on her first day would not go down well with her family and honestly, she wasn't that good of a fighter anyway. Instead she sat down under a tree on the other side of the entrance and opened her well read Iliad at the entrance of Achilles, beginning to read as she tucked a strand of brown hair behind her ear, waiting for the bell to signify the start of the school day.
Last edited by Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel-Chii on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:13 pm

"I said empty your shit!" yelled the tough student, he shoved his hand at the weak looking boy.
"I'll cut you to ribbons," added the another standing right besides him.
"Then we'll take what you got pretty boy." laughed the last one, they all encircled the new kid.

"You're in my way, don't you know what personal space means?" he asked, glaring at the tough dude with a defiant look in his crystal blue eyes.

"One more chance little dude," said the one wearing the orange hat, he turned the switch blade in his hand, its sharp edge glinted off the light.

"Get it into your thick heads, I'm not giving you any money, so don't waste your breath on me," he retorted, about to leave.

"Cut him," the big one commanded.

Orange hat sprang out, his arm waving out, trying to slash at the boy's face. He leaned his upper body back, the blade missed his face by inches. He then slid his arm around the knife wielder and pulled him down, turning his arm, he flipped the boy over, his back hitting against the pavement with a hard thud.

"Om my god! Syler is fighting them! Some one has to stop this!" Erin yelled from the on looking crowd that watched this fight with an uproar of excitement. They loved fights.

"I-told-you-to-stop-fucking-with-me!" Syler hissed as he punched one in the face, tripped another one and knocked them all to their feet. He collected the money the bully stole from another student then left the scene. He walked over to the timid girl and handed the money to her.

"Thankyou Syler..." she said taking the money.
"Misha, you should take better care of yourself and don't let them mess with you iight?" he said, then petted the top of her head. She smiled sweetly, then watched as he left towards the school...
Memories. They live with you forever. Even if you forget them, they never forget you.
Spoiler: show

Angel-Chii
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Aaron was from a modestly rich family, and was happy to be coming to this school, though he didn't show it. He was getting bored so when he saw a soon-to-be fight he joined to crown and watched emotionlessly as the action unfolded. When it was all over a broke away from the crown and walked onto the school ground, not knowing what to expect. He had been assigned a dormitory and found it. He walked into the building a looked for his room, he went inside, unpacked his things, and waited for his roommate to get there.

I'M SOFA KING WE TOD DID!!! (Say it slow and out loud)

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Phidius
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Although Cassandra had never been bothered by fighting, the noise she heard and the violence she could see from the corner of her eye made her uncomfortable and she decided it would be easier to read in her bedroom until the bell rung for classes, so she stood and wiped the mud and leaves from her skirt before heading back over to her dormitory, which didn't take very long at all.

The freedom is nice, but just what kind of school have I come to here? she wondered as she opened the door to her dormitory corridor and headed to her bedroom.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hlanhalyer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:34 pm

I love this school, I've been here for years and I still love being in the mountains Theodore thought to himself, The storms around this area are great, even if they are far between.

Standing on top of the mixed dorms, he looked at the ground, noticed the fighting, and shrugged. Syler, they weren't going to get anywhere with him. Oh well, their problem. Looking at the sky, he called his power, a slight, if ever so light yellow aura shone from around his body, he called on the wind. When it was sufficient, he jumped, no parachute, off of the 4 story building that housed the students.

Feeling the air slide through his hair he felt free, this is what it feels like to be wind. Glancing through a window, he saw a girl in her dorm room, only reading. Well that's kinda lame for the first day, she should be exploring, it's a new year, and she looks new. He thought. Then his opportunity vanished as he passed the window, and pulled away from the building. gliding for a few moments around the yard, looking down on everyone. This was his last year, and he was at the top of his classes. This was going to be fun.

Hlanhalyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Cassandra was staring at her window. Did someone just parachute past her dormitory? No way, of course not, that was just crazy. Nevertheless she put her book down and approached the window and opened it, looking out indeed to find someone parachuting across the main yard.

Her eyes widened in surprise as she stared at the spectacle, her book completely forgotten as she stared shamelessly. As she managed to drag her eyes away and look down over the crowds of students, she was dumbfounded to see only about hundred students staring and pointing at the person flying through the sky. Most noticed it for a moment and then dismissed it. Was this sort of thing normal here? Despite herself, she found her mind surging with curiosity about this school now, she had known it wasn't a normal school, but this was completely insane. She brought her eyes back up to the parachuting male, trying to remember any details about him so she could find him later, or she could... she glanced at her book on the bed for a moment and then it was entirely forgotten as she slipped on her shoes and grabbing her satchel and went outside to actually explore this school, as it wasn't going to be as normal as she thought.

She had managed to get to the courtyard and was still catching glimpses of the male as she walked around, taking everything in. She felt normal and meek in comparison to some of these people. Some had clear marks of their elements, some were using their element skillfully and some were just grabbing new students and making them feel welcome. She sat down on a bench around the north-western edge of the main courtyard, just watching everyone walk by, silently thanking the stranger in the sky for peaking her curiosity.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hlanhalyer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Creating a counter wind so that he could slow down, he pulsed a faint pale yellow, and somersaulted to land neatly on the grass near the Northern wall under one of the few trees in the courtyard. Standing up and stretching out his body he felt some of his vertebrae in his spine pop, sighing in pleasure he swiveled his head and cracked his neck, before turning around to see some of the students look at him. It didn't bother him, but it made him chuckle a little bit. Wait until they see me and the thunderstorms around here, then they will have a reason to look at me funny. he thought.
Walking past the girl he had noticed in her room, he wondered a little how she got here, I thought she was up in her room. Sitting down silently beside her, Theodore looked into the crowd, and asked quietly, "So what are we looking at?"

Hlanhalyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:23 pm

"So what are we looking at?" The sudden noise made Cassandra jump in surprise, suddenly aware of eyes on her rather than the other way around and turned to stare at the man who had sat down next to her, not saying anything for a moment before realising what an idiot she must look and then she managed a polite smile.

"I'm sorry, you gave me a scare," she apologised, "I'm not looking at anything in particular really. I was up in my room and saw something spectacular and realised that I wasn't going to get anywhere at this school without exploring and trying." Startled at how easily she was finding the conversation, she turned back towards the crowd.

"It's fascinating just watching people, you see some brilliant things that you just wouldn't if you simply walk through life, you know?" she tried to explain what she was doing and found herself at a lost for words, which didn't surprise her. "I still can't believe I'm here," she said quietly, almost to herself as she looked back at her companion and took him in properly. He was quite athletic in build and from his relaxed attitude, she would guess he wasn't a freshman like her.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hlanhalyer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:35 pm

"Hmmm, well, what do you think 'here' is exactly?" He asked, "yeah, I find it pretty cool to watch people, but usually I'm gathering information. Is this your first year here? you don't look familiar."
Her smile is nice, she seems to be an interesting and polite person. I wonder what her essence is, maybe she'll help me with the Codex of Essence I'm working on.

Looking back out at some of the students milling around he saw some of his year mates. He waved to a few of them, John, Sierra and Bryan noticed and waved back. Their essences were some of the first that he studied when he began the codex.

"Do you think you are gunna like it here at M.S.M.E?" He asked, not looking at her, looking for more students he recognized. "What did you find so spectacular in your room that you just HAD to come out here and explore?"

Hlanhalyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:48 pm

"I suppose 'here' is this school. I wasn't sent here by choice. My parents thought my element needed 'developing', which translates to I should spend less time developing my brain and more time playing with my element," she explained unhappily, some of her optimism washing away as she remembered her parents, forcing herself to forget them, at least for now.

"Do you think you are gunna like it here at M.S.M.E?" he asked her, not really paying attention to her as he seemed to be looking for friends and she looked up at the sky for a moment.

"I hope so. I've waited a long time to live away from home and well, it seems like this place is interesting. I may even want to develop my element, who knows?" she replied as she returned her gaze across the courtyard and upon hearing his next question, hesitated in her reply, pulling at a strand of hair with disinterest. "Well, I... you're not going to believe this, but there was a guy floating through the sky and I don't think he had a parachute. I've heard of people with the Wind element - none of my family have it you see - but seeing something like that just inspires you to want to explore the world. You don't see things like that everyday," she hesitated then, not looking at him, more interested in a girl about eight feet away, who was playing with her element, showing off to some friends.

Not for the first time, Cassandra resented her element because she was so inept at using it to any degree of skill.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby joshking95 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Hey could I join this rp?
You put your mind to it you can do anything. Believe in yourself. ^^

joshking95
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hlanhalyer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:00 pm

So she did see me outside her window. I feel like a total stalker now. Theo said to himself, so her parents sent her here to develop her element, and she's never seen a Wind-Essence like me before.

"You are definitely going to want to develop your element, they are a lot of fun when you get comfy with them and can use them whenever you want. Also, the floater guy has had a lot of time to develop is elemental abilities. He cant take off without a wing suit, bun he can make it help him do what he needs. I'm always jumping off roofs and cliffs, it feels great." Theodore stopped talking, inwardly hitting himself for the slip up and admitting he was the 'guy floating through the sky' and if there was any way to scare people away, it was to start floating off several story buildings and live without being harmed at all. "Besides," He continued, "you're going to need to develop your ability for a couple of your classes, its mandatory to be able to not 'flame out' and have your magic rip you apart. It's gruesome, I know, I've seen it happen."

Looking into his past, he watches a person close to him flame out in anger and hate, to be torn to shreds by his very own magic which he had let out of control.

Hlanhalyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Cassandra just looked at him for a few moments, taking in what he had said. He was the guy who had been floating? She found herself blushing, embarrassed at how she worded his use of his element and vaguely, somewhere in the back of her mind, 'flaming out' did not sound fun.

"Heh, you must think I'm a total idiot. You weren't floating, you were using your element and I'm babbling, so I'm going to be quiet now," she trailed off, looking at her feet before getting up. "Look, I'll see you around but right now I'm just embarrassing myself and you probably think I'm a complete idiot. It was nice meeting you..." she trailed off again, realising she had been so impolite, not even asking his name and giving her own! Well, it was too late now and she turned to leave to try and minimise damage to her own reputation at this school she hadn't attended for more than an hour.

She looked over her shoulder as she left and smiled, "I promise to try and work on my element before classes start. I can use it, just not well. By the way, my name's Cassandra Ophell." She then started walking away, her face still hot with embarrassment.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hlanhalyer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Chuckling as she stood up to leave and watching her walk away, he stood up to follow, she was kind of interesting. "Nice to meet you Cassandra, I'm Theodore James." Flaring his power of lightning just enough so he could repel against the earth, he floated beside her just an inch off the ground, while little pieces of lightning traveled between his feet and the ground. "Now I am floating," He grinned at her, "so what IS your essence if I may ask such a personal question?"

This is someone I could have quite a bit of fun teasing, and her face goes pretty red when embarrassed. I'm going to keep the secret of my other essence hidden for a while.

"You don't have to really practice before classes begin, but just as long as you control it pretty well in class they don't assign homework. I let the wind go a little too far once, and they had to refurbish the whole room, so much stuff was broken it was like a mini tornado inside a building." He laughed at the memory of his power.

Hlanhalyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:50 pm

"Nice to meet you Cassandra, I'm Theodore James." His voice sounded quite close and as she turned to see where he was, she found him next to her and this time, he was floating. Her surprise overcame her embarrassment for a moment and she just stared once more, except this time he could see her staring, not like when she was looking out the window.

"Now I am floating. So what is your essence if I may ask such a personal question?" Theodore asked of her and his question seemed to snap her out of her reverie and she looked at him curiously.

"Pleased to meet you, Theodore," she said, curtsying slightly and ignoring the lighthearted jibe at her reference to her own terming of his element, her embarrassment returning so rapidly she welcomed the question about her element, "It's not too personal a question - my element is fire, which is usually surprising to people considering my temperament, most people seem to expect water or air from me."

She then let him describe his incident with his wind element, grateful for the time to be able to gather her own thoughts and calm down sufficiently to appreciate the humour in his tale. "Well, I certainly don't want that happening on my first day. The most I've tested my element is transfer and maintaining a ball of fire as I move it from hand to hand. No disasters as yet," she smiled, crossing her fingers in front of herself. "Well, here's to hoping for the future."

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:27 am

Luce's gleam faded as the fight he was watching dissapated, but he continued to stare at the boy that beat the other three. He seemed to be returning something to a girl.

Loosing intreset, he turned and began walking into the school grounds, which seemed to be a courtyard. Luce stopped again as he heard people gasp, yelp, and even cheer. He looked towards the dorms visible some distance away, as a blonde young man was what appeared to be gliding, or even falling, of the top of the dorm. "Wonderful... he's got an Air essence... he must be... strong." He said to himself, "I think... I will introduce myself."

Luce continued to watch as the young man started talking to some girl. He stared at her for a bit while he read her. A Fire essence... interesting. They started to move, and so did Luce, deciding to move towards the direction best suited to intercept both of them. I wonder if this... is what excitement feels like.

He reached a spot just several meters ahead of them, and turned to face them, his eyes once again shone their vibrant purple just before he spoke. They both stopped when they noticed him, but Luce kept the expressionless look on his face as he spoke to them. "Hello... I was watching... that amazing stunt... near the dormitories. It was very... well done." He said, and, noticing the pin on the boy's shirt, quickly added, "Senpai. I know what your essences are. They are all... wonderful."

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hlanhalyer on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:49 am

Noticing the boy standing with his eyes glowing, Theodore's mind took interest, That shade, that's interesting, he's new, I'll have to get his Essence out of him too. Theodore thought.

Stopping a few feet away, he said, "Yeah, I guess you could say I'm strong, and that stunt was nothing, I do that a lot, but usually i take a dive off those cliffs over there, I end up here though." pointing to the cliffs a fair ways away, and a few hundred meters higher than the school. "I only have one Essence though, the Wind one, obviously from the diving thing." Theo says, a little forcefully, but winking on the opposite side of Cassandra, to try and get his hint of secrecy across. He didn't want people knowing he had such a wild power in him. The Wind-Essence was powerful enough, the lightning would just scare people and their parents.

"You must be a freshman this year, I haven't seen you around before, but sorry if you've been here and I didn't notice. Maybe I'll help in one of your classes, most likely the non magical sports, I'll probably see you there." Theodore said, pretty sure the boy had gotten his hint. "I might even be the DA for your dorm, depending where you are. I DA the mixed dorms. Where are you staying this term?"

Hlanhalyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:28 am

Luce continued to stare as the young man spoke. but he did not speak back. Luce glanced at the cliffs he mentioned. Luce then had an idea... "Sorry, but I will not be taking sports. I do not enjoy... that sort of thing. Sorry for my rudeness... my name is Luce Savon, freshman year." Luce looked at the girl as well when he spoke. "May I ask... your names as well? You both have peaked my intrest... as well as the young man that was fighting... the brutes outside the grounds. If you can find him... please introduce me to him. I would like to ask a favor of you three." Luce finished with a shake of his head to get the hair out of his eyes, turned around and started to walk way. I hope we can have some fun... today.

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Cassandra didn't know which had surprised her more - the way Luce had appeared from nowhere, or the fact that his eyes had shone purple as he had approached herself and Theodore - but she didn't feel entirely comfortable around him. His gaze seemed to go straight through her and it was unnerving her, so she was more than a little grateful when he and Theodore began talking about elements to each other, allowing her to retreat into the background, becoming quiet and unnoticeable as she was so good at doing.

Luce referred to Theodore as 'senpai', which she knew to be the japanese word for someone that was your senior, but she already knew that he was older than her, but what was a DA?

She let them continue talking uninterrupted as the topic moved onto sports, and Cassandra felt herself calming and returning to her normal self, which was a relief as she was feeling out of her depth at this school already as it was and Theodore had just managed to find the right buttons to push her over the edge, which was something she had not expected on her first day. She had been expecting to make it through her classes without saying anything other than answering questions in class.

"Sorry for my rudeness... My name is Luce Savon, freshman year. May I ask your names as well?"

Paying attention for the first time, she noticed his unusual drawl as he spoke and found herself amused by it, but she didn't let it show as he walked away and she replied, "Cassandra Ophell; I'm a freshman as well. Pleased to meet you." He seemed interested in Theodore, herself and the boy who had got into the fight outside of school, but God only knew why. She didn't mind doing favours for people, she just preferred to know what they were first before she agreed to them. She smiled at Theodore, "Well, that was interesting. What time do classes start around here, because it's been a while?" she asked looked at the clock, which read half past eight.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!