Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

More structured flames, still insulting

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:48 am

Urgh. I'm really tired and cranky (who the HELL plagues Ironforge? As funny as it was to hear people scream "I'M LEAKING!" it interferes with my levelling up process--I hear a snicker.) so I probably shouldn't be posting, but I'm going to anyway.

Amber, what the hell, get a life. Who remembers that stuff, seriously. I mean, down to the exact detail. It's just this side of creepy. No, it's downright terrifying. If you want to talk about moving on and embracing a new "roleplay life", then maybe you should think about forgetting what weapon someone did or didn't use, down to the exact detail of what it did.
And no one cares what you think is tacky, because we didn't really ask your opinion.

I'm done now, at least in the Amber department.
AM wasn't that great. It was poorly run, I heard all these promises of a "great chat" and a "Better chat" and it never came, so I lost interest in AM and left. I'd come back from time to time, but it wasn't enough to keep my interest. And the power that the moderators had was ridiculous. Stop strangling the peoples, guys. To quote an infamous movie, "Help, help! I'm being opressed!" There came a time when even you guys needed to stop. Hooray for Eric thinking of EVERYTHING including a flame forum.
I'm done, because it's almost 4 AM (I'm only lvl 18 dammit) and I'm tired. but I have 11 G. Beat that bitches.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JimBob
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:53 am

I have a level 18 backed by a horde of level 60s. Aerax > Your char.

=P

Anyhow, to really invalidate that comment on tackiness and such, Eric wanted to advertise in AM, and welcome in all from there that wanted to join. And y'know what? He's never really outright flamed Roy. =D. QED.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:03 pm

I have the same.

And by the time I go to bed tonight, I'll be level 20. With 11 G. WHAT NOW?

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:12 pm

Well...

Shit.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:30 am

Make that 14 G and lvl 20. Shaddabing.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Plouf.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jewbie on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:59 am

In a bizarre case of art imitating life, players of the Blizzard Entertainment game World of Warcraft suddenly found themselves dying from a mysteriously rampant plague that ravaged their virtual world.

The plague began innocently enough. Blizzard introduced a new dungeon area in the world, intended to give high-level players a bit of a challenge. But when players reached the boss at the end of the dungeon, they got more than they bargained for -- and unknowingly took a little something back to town to share with their friends. The dungeon boss, called Hakkar the Soulflayer, cast a spell called Corrupted Blood. The powerful spell caused about 280 damage points to anyone it hit, and spread to other members of the attacking party as well. Such powerful spell attacks aren't unusual in the World of Warcraft game world. But what happened next was just plain weird.

When infected adventurers returned to town at the end of their quest, they inadvertently passed along the Corrupted Blood infection to those nearby. In short order, the plague ravaged the population. Soon entire cities fell victim to the artificial disease. And while 280 damage points may be easy for a level-58 Night Elf warrior to contend with, it's enough to kill a lower-level player in seconds.

Game administrators were baffled. As they scrambled to quarantine areas of the game world, the disease quickly spread beyond their control. Partially to blame was the game's "hearthstone" feature, which allows players to essentially teleport from one area to another, and which made it possible for the plague to reach the most distant regions of the map in just minutes.

Eventually the game's administrators came up with a "spell" to cure the plague and managed to distribute it to the players en masse. But the legacy of Corrupted Blood remains. While software viruses are nothing new, Corrupted Blood is unique in that it's the first such infection ever to spread through a virtual environment without being deployed by malicious intent. It was, in a certain sense, naturally occuring in its environment. You might even say it evolved and sought self-propagation, just as any lifeform would do.

In the days since Blizzard eradicated the plague, the company has remained surprisingly quiet about what happened. But you can still find plenty of players willing to talk about it. One 14-year-old Orc told me openly of the incident: "Humans were dying left and right. We just laughed and laughed."

Jewbie
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Plouf.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:30 pm

Jewbie wrote:
In a bizarre case of art imitating life, players of the Blizzard Entertainment game World of Warcraft suddenly found themselves dying from a mysteriously rampant plague that ravaged their virtual world.

The plague began innocently enough. Blizzard introduced a new dungeon area in the world, intended to give high-level players a bit of a challenge. But when players reached the boss at the end of the dungeon, they got more than they bargained for -- and unknowingly took a little something back to town to share with their friends. The dungeon boss, called Hakkar the Soulflayer, cast a spell called Corrupted Blood. The powerful spell caused about 280 damage points to anyone it hit, and spread to other members of the attacking party as well. Such powerful spell attacks aren't unusual in the World of Warcraft game world. But what happened next was just plain weird.

When infected adventurers returned to town at the end of their quest, they inadvertently passed along the Corrupted Blood infection to those nearby. In short order, the plague ravaged the population. Soon entire cities fell victim to the artificial disease. And while 280 damage points may be easy for a level-58 Night Elf warrior to contend with, it's enough to kill a lower-level player in seconds.

Game administrators were baffled. As they scrambled to quarantine areas of the game world, the disease quickly spread beyond their control. Partially to blame was the game's "hearthstone" feature, which allows players to essentially teleport from one area to another, and which made it possible for the plague to reach the most distant regions of the map in just minutes.

Eventually the game's administrators came up with a "spell" to cure the plague and managed to distribute it to the players en masse. But the legacy of Corrupted Blood remains. While software viruses are nothing new, Corrupted Blood is unique in that it's the first such infection ever to spread through a virtual environment without being deployed by malicious intent. It was, in a certain sense, naturally occuring in its environment. You might even say it evolved and sought self-propagation, just as any lifeform would do.

In the days since Blizzard eradicated the plague, the company has remained surprisingly quiet about what happened. But you can still find plenty of players willing to talk about it. One 14-year-old Orc told me openly of the incident: "Humans were dying left and right. We just laughed and laughed."

^Yeah, that was me.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.