Announcements: RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » NaNoWriMo 2020 » Universe of the Week! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Week Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary » The Political Compass » Song Covers » The Truth of Gung Fu » Member Shoutout Thread »

Players Wanted: Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. » The Children of Ash (Multiverse) » Chronicles of Cre' Est Players Wanted! » Forgiveness - Romantic Drama RP, One Role Open! » Adventurers wanted for the Gala-Dor Expedition » Kingsman: International Affairs »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Most powerful Anime/Manga Character

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Most powerful Anime/Manga Character

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Hello everyone I'm going to make an interesting debate where we debate who the strongest character is in anime and manga not Marvel and Dc comics. So bring in your favorite anime/manga characters although this debate has rules.

1. All of an anime/manga character's skills can be used in a debate even non cannon skills.
2. Please state a reason why your character can win don't say Character A wins cause he's cool! No say Character A can beat Character B because of this ability. Somone can say Character B can do something else and so on. If you don't state how a character can beat another than your post dosen't count.
3. Do not insult another debater
4. Also a character's personality does not matter in this debate
5. The topic is who's the strongest so the setting is the characters being debated are fighting each other.

Anyway I will not start this debate somone else may.
Last edited by Chulance on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chulance
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Most powerful Anime/Manga Character

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Well, obviously, The Avatar, from the show Avatar on Nickelodeon, can defeat anybody except certain kingdom hearts characters. He controls all four elements, one of which(water) allows him to heal. However, if the entire Organization XIII ganged up, they can defeat anybody. The only reason Sora beat them s because they fought him one at a time.
ImageImage ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xiphoniii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:00 pm

On the show YuYuHakusho, Yuseke's father.

His father was basically Hax. He was one of the three kings of the world but he was the strongest. It's hard to explain how powerful he was, but the ONLY reason he died, was because he refused to eat humans.I don't think anyone could have killed him.

Baby
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guts on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 pm

With the gloves off and my hands down, there's possibly nothing out there that's going to bring down Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and its pilot Simon. First and most importantly off all the sheer size of this machine is insanely unfathomable. Few words can explain how powerful this monster among monsters is and that alone is not enough to even scratch the surface of its magnificence. Universes are stepping stones to its massive feet as even the entire area of space is nothing more than a play ground.

Don't believe it? Can't imagine it? I can't blame you, after all its 10 Light years tall!
Last edited by Guts on Tue February 29, 2009 2:09 am, edited 29 times in total.

Guts
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Now for me to debate also remember you have to state a skill the character can do. Now to post my opinions! Avatar Aang can't beat Goku sure he can manipulate the elements and he can heal. Goku is powerful he'll use a ki beam to disintegrate Aang before he can react. Also the Organization 13 ganged up how can they beat Goku name a skill. Goku will simply destroy the planet their own with a ki blast destroying them.

Baby first of all Yusuke's dad was never shown on the show that was his ancestor Raizen and if you have to explain abilties. Goku can beat Raizen he's a powerful demon but he possesed Yusuke and he beat up an S class human with sacred energy which Yusuke later gained after combining demon and spirit energy and he almost had a draw with Yomi who was considerably weaker than Raizen. He beat up some guy with sacred energy and when hungry he slammed Goku through walls he never used any skills close to Goku's level.

Finally Tengen Topa Gurren Lagann is powerful but Goku can take him. There's multiple ways he can beat the TTGL I've watched TTGL and I know about it's drills and massive size. Basically if he's a bigger target for the increadibly fast Goku meaning he can defeat him with ki attacks as for his drills he can easily dodge them. He also has massive strength which he can use to take down TTGL or he can teleport inside TTGL and kill the human pilots.

Chulance
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:58 pm

Well, simple as to why Aang, or any other Avatar would not be disintegrated by the Ki blast before he could react, as the Avatar state allows him to hone his reflexes to where everything else is practically slow motion. And if you mention the flying, Avatars can do that as well, as demonstrated in the final episode. Also, they have their Spirit guardians to help them, such as Aapa, and Roku's Dragon.

Now, as for destroying the Organization's current World of residence, they can warp just as well as Goku, as well as being able to enter the realm of darkness. Besides, it would make them angry, and if you ever played the game, you know Demyx is a very scary angry person...They could use the Realm of Darkness to recuperate injured members, and the only way Goku can get in is if they pull him in. While there, he is weakened, his heart gets slowly corrupted, and he will slowly be driven insane as well, by the lack of perspective, since it is completely flat with no landmarks, and the pure, impenetrable darkness. No Ki blasts cannot lift the darkness. The only reason Sora and Co. could see while in there was because of Axel, who managed to destroy an army of heartless in one blow, including darksides. Also, they have control over the massive hordes of nobodies

Xiphoniii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guts on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Yes, I completely forgot that Goku knew the location of the pilot seat and the fact that he can breathe in space.

Stupid me.

Knowing him, I'm sure that he can move faster than 10 Light Years per second, completely ignoring the fact that dodging a single blow of TTGL is impossible.

Guts
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:05 pm

revy from Black lagoon. She killed so many owned some omne in a swordfight, blew up quire a few boats

There should be two, no more, no less. One to embody power, one to crave it. "
- Darth Bane
" I? I am peace, I am salvation."
- Grave mind

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Guts wrote:Yes, I completely forgot that Goku knew the location of the pilot seat and the fact that he can breathe in space.

Stupid me.

Knowing him, I'm sure that he can move faster than 10 Light Years per second, completely ignoring the fact that dodging a single blow of TTGL is impossible.

^ ROFLMFAO!! Pwnt.

But chulance. Lmfao. Superman vs Goku. Superman wins.Goku shouldn't even be in this discussion because

1. Goku was supposed to die, how many times? The time chamber is hax and has nothing to do with real heroes who use the time they have to hone their skills. Not slow down time, have friends help them, eat beans.

2. Weren't his sons supposedly stronger? Why go with goku?

3. If a damn pink blob could own goku and vegeta, you shouldn't bring him around the big boys.

For Raizen. And yes they did, they showed his father and what he was capable of. You didn't watch the episodes I see. But Raizen (when he was weakened) is able to destroy any of the two other kings, because even when he didn't eat he beat his son, and his son beat one of the three kings. So he was on god strength.(and no beans and hax machines to train his skills in to beat a monster who would kill him. Hint hint, cough cough, Goku vs Boo, wink wink, cough cough, gasp gasp, hint hint.)

But for Guts, that ship sounds amazing and I surrender Raizen to you, and want Rai for second place :p

Baby
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Actually your wrong Ki blasts are very powerful Avatar can control fire,water compare elements to planet destroying planets. Aang can't destroy a planet Goku can, and quite easily. He'll blow up earth and kill aang and all his friends. Also Avatar state is fast but Goku is much faster than him in DB not to mention DBZ. Goku is much faster than the speed you have mentioned and I know Avatars can fly but they can't fly at Goku's speed if you think they can show me proof. Also Goku can easily destroy the spirit guardians.

Goku can in deed defeat the Organization 13 with reliative ease and I'll explain why. They can just warp Goku well Goku is much to fast for that he is way faster than all of the Organization combined and I've played KH and read the manga. Goku can simply disintegrate them with ki blasts or blow up the planet their on. Also Goku can go to the realm of darkness and moving at super speeds rip the organization members apart in seconds. Goku can got in by teleporting and therefore beat them before they can recuperate but he'll completly disintegrate their bodies so that won't even be a factor.

Also your wrong again Goku's heart can never get corrupted ever. He's pure of heart it's already been proven he can ride Nimbus his heart is incorruptible so that won't work either. Also darkness while not work on him and he has trained with Popo and Kami so he can not be driven insane mainly because he is extremly focus and mental attacks can't work on him. Also Darkness won't stop Goku either he dosen't need to see to fight an opponent. He can easily go into the darkness realm move at super speed and rip them apart. Also Goku can use ki blasts to create light as well as Solar flare a massive blast of light brighter than the sun which would not only create light but blind the organization 13 members. Goku can see without.

Okay Guts you could have simply asked me how he would know that and i would tell you for one he can sense energy and with all that energy he would sense Simon and teleport inside the pilot seats and take out the pilots quickly. Also he can't breath in space but he can hold his breath for long periods of times extremly long. He's very fast his speed in the second season of DBZ Roshi and Krillin moved at super speed now at the end of GT his speed is far greater than that so he can move much faster than TTGL and teleport. Also he can dodge the attack plus if he's hit he'll be fine weapons like drills can't stop him.

Revy from Black laggon can't take on Goku. He'll kill her with one ki blast. Also Baby you obviously didn't read the rules for one Goku can kill Superman easily and two he's not even in this topic. Anime and Manga characters only! Also Goku never actually killed every-time he died it was his own fault he commited suicide. The first time while fighting Raditz he jumped behind him and held on to him holding him down while Piccolo finished them both off. The second time he did commit suicide he walked over to Cell who was about to destroy earth and took him to the after life and was finished off ironic he died in the after life. So yeah Time chamber isn't hax it's just a method of training and he is a real hero. He did take time to hone his skills he used the time chamber one time! He trained 7 years in the after life to gain more skills.

He dosen't always have friends help him and dosen't always eat senzu. Also your wrong again the son's were not stronger at different points they were stronger but at the end of GT he was the strongest. Also it wasn't a pink blob it was Majin Buu and he wasn't a pink blob he was a demon filled with infinite power and just keep getting stronger. In fact he had to absorb Goku's team mates to get stronger. Goku could have beat Fat buu but wanted his sons to save the world and than Kid buu he could have done as well but wanted to let Vegeta have a turn. He did eventually kill Kid buu and Superbuu he fought him for a while but he managed to survive because Goku was 1inch tall at the time and he was in Buu's body.

They did show Raizen's powers but their not on DBZ level. They showed what he was capable of and weakened he's way weaker than Goku and even full strength he's weaker than Goku. I did watch all the episodes of YYH that's a fact. Goku can beat Yusuke with one finger and know I'm not kidding he can beat strong people with one finger alone. He dosen't use beans and hax machine's and also he beat Buu so I'm not even going to go their. It would be a horrible story if Goku beat Buu insantly that's why he gave other people chance's to fight he wanted to let his sons do it. So Rai is about third place under Goku and TTGL.

Chulance
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guts on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Quote from Wiki "By combining his own Spiral Energy with his comrades', Simon created the ultimate entity, the titular Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann in the final battle against the Anti-Spirals. Not actually a mecha at all, it a mass of materialized Spiral Energy on the scale of a galaxy. Though being similar to the Gurren Lagann, its design is overall very different from other mecha in the series, its armor being made up of red skulls bound together by Spiral Energy that burns continuously from its core, giving it the appearance of Team Dai-Gurren's emblem. Each of its many faces has one cockpit containing: Simon and Nia being the head, Viral the torso and the rest of Team Dai-Gurren in the limbs and joints placed in Lagann-style cockpits. Its abdominal mouth is clenched onto the head of the Lazengann, containing a fully resurrected Lord Genome. It has been confirmed in the data books that the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is 10 million light years in height. This makes it roughly one hundred times the size of the Milky Way Galaxy, and also makes it the largest mecha seen in anime to date."

Meaning that TTGL is the energy he would be sensing.

Oh and btw, Goku may be fast, but I've never seen him circle an entire planet 700 times in one second. Think rationally please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJzYSswcj0

Guts
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:39 pm

HAHAHAHA!! XDDDD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Dude. Reread your post. Goku isn't a god. Nowhere near. And whether he used it once or twice or even seven times, he used it. He has to regain his energy, use a device to slow time, mutate with a friend, die a few times, and just all around be unfair. I cannot think of one time where the hero died. DIED, not coma or anything. Just DIE, twice and come back by unfair means. Nor can I think of someone who relied on the energy from everyone to create a bomb to destroy his enemy, use training by a warp of time, regain energy by beans, and or mutate with someone multiple times to destroy an enemy. Not work together, not cooperate, MUTATE.

You are naming someone who is using all of these factors, but I named someone who never used all of that. What if Raizen had friggin beans, time warp machine, mutation earrings, and died twice(and in one of those deaths, trained for 7 years.) Not even raizen!! Use Aang. What if he had that? Then Goku wouldn't even be in the conversation.

I'm saying, without all of these random factors and boosts and unfair tools, Goku would be nothing. And if every anime boosted the main character like that with power and energy from weird factors, a whole lot of people could beat goku. He shouldn't be negotiated.

Baby
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Wow I love debating I see so many cool characters and it also get's me to watch cool shows. Anyway TTGL is 10 million light years tall I get what your saying by size comparison but Size isn't everything Goku and his friends beat giants on a dialy basis. In fact the bigger the opponent the bigger he has of an advantage his speed is increadible so he can easily take down TTGL and I'll tell you. I get he's a large amount of energy but Goku is excellent at seeing energy he could sense the pilots inside and kill them. Goku is fast and and I'm thinking rationally just because somone is bigger than somone else dosen't mean more powerful. Goku can travel inside the TTGL,kill all the pilots, and come out with IT before they know what's even going on.

He can move around the planet more than 700 times in one second and cool video for size comparison. So he can use IT to kill the pilots and he uses IT in combat. He can also beat the TTGL with physical force or a kamehameha. I do not need to reread my post and now he is not a god like Hercules but he's a god level. Also he does have to regain energy but he has a large supply of energy and can fight for extremly long periods of times. No, your wrong he never used a device to slow time you've got something mixed up 1 day in the time chamber is 1 year in the real world that isn't hax. Mutate with a friend never mutated he did perform potara fusion and regular. He didn't die both times he gave up his life. Also he does not rely on energy all the time and he can I'm not going to argue you have some information mixed up.

He dosen't get random power ups he gets Zenkai's all saiyans do when they are beat up and get healed they got a lot stronger than before. You can think he is unfair but he still powerful. The topic is called strongest anime/manga character I never said which anime/manga character can't be used. This isn't a what if topic so don't get off topic it would not have mattered if Raizen had senzu beans because he's not a saiyan and therefore couldn't get Zenkai's. It's not a time warp machine and it's called fusion. He gains cool skills when he's dead becasue he has infite energy! If they had it it wouldn't make a difference because the skills again apply to saiyans only. Goku didn't get random factors,boosts, and unfair tools he trained to get his skills. If you watch the serious you'd understand he trained to get his skills he trained in 100x gravity and that was in Season 2 of DBZ.

Chulance
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guts on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:08 pm

I get what you're trying to say but really, you can't fight something that epic.

You say he's fast, sure if you take into consideration that would mean he'd disintegrate moving faster than light. Molecules don't work that way sir and if you won’t take that into consideration than I don't know what else to say.

Goku's greatest achievement = Blowing up a planet or two.

TTGL greatest achievement = Defeating a similar sized enemy, while all the while accidently exploding several neighboring galaxies.

If you think that size doesn't matter than I'm sorry, something that big would just obliterate whatever solar system Goku is in.

I don't know how you'd sense a sliver of the same insane energy inside a massive form of energy but that doesn't sound at all possible, even for Goku.

Guts
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Like, I'm not trying to say what if, I'm just saying, Goku had went through so much things that normal heroes don't to gain his power. It wasn't in the time given, nor in the same realm. There are so many boosts he had to do in order to achieve a powerful status, that it doesn't compare to what the great heroes are recognized for. But w/e. I don't care. My vote( unless someone can change it) is with TTGL. Raizen would lose to that, and I can admit it :p

2-TTGL.

Baby
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Actually, Goku could not enter the Realm of Darkness, as it is in an entirely different reality than the other worlds. Also, even if he could, i could not light it up. Only beings of darkness, ie., heartless and nobodies, can lift the darkness.

Xiphoniii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Okay Guts that's not true Goku would not disintegrate if he moved faster than light. Also Goku can easily beat TTGL I'm winning the debate becasue your not obeying the rules. Rule 2 state a reason why a character can beat a character you cannont say he can win becasue he's cool, he's big, he can kill you state a power that can beat that guy. I've stated numerous reasons while you've said he's big and things. Please state a reason. Also this isn't a vote this is a debate fact stands I've stated numerous reasons not just he's Goku he's cool he wins.

Also this is fiction and Goku is much faster than the speed of light but state reasons. Also that is not Goku's greatest achivement blowing up a planet or two he can destroy solar systems and galaxies easily. TTGL can destroy galaxies Goku can do the same Goku can move at increadible speeds,massive strength, and his super kamehameha will destroy the robot becasue afterall no matter how big no matter what size it's a mech and Goku can easily take on weapons. He will teleport and kill the people inside if he dosen't want to annhilate the robot with super kamehameha or rip it apart.

I've stated reasons you haven't being big isn't a reason and goku can sense a sliver of energy in a massive amount he's a powerful character he can easily take on robots machines can't compare to his power now organic beings some are pertty strong compared to him but machines can't reach his level's of power. Goku would beat Raizen that I know without a doubt he's not really that strong Tien could beat him with his eyes closed. Actually Xiphon Goku can indeed enter the realm of darkness. Goku can light it up with solar flare,ki attacks,SSJ,kaioken,ect light brighter than the sun can bring light into a realm of darkness. He has created light with the above mentioned techniques and let's say he can't he dosen't require sight to win he'll easily destroy the organization because KH isn't on DBZ level's they have early/mid DB level abilties.

Chulance
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guts on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Before I feel stupid arguing about something that doesn't exist nor can be logically compared to each other, I'll stop.

If you can explain reasonably how some being can move faster than light and still retain its cellular structure please tell me and every person you meet with a reasonable grasp of physics.

Until then, you can have your self proclaimed victory.

Guts
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:07 pm

It's a debate you keep saying your guy wins because he's big while I've said my guy is strong I've stated reasons why he is stronger if you state a reason why he wins than maybe you may win the debate. Let me explain reasonably Goku for one is not human being and thus his cellular structure is not similar to that of a human's. Well he may be human he does not have a similar structure for he posseses many different alien traits he just has a humonaid form. His body tissue is much more durable than that of a human's and therefore like many fictional characters he can do things and become things considered impossible even in fictional terms. He is capable of moving beyond the speed of light becasue his body is stronger than most alien beings therefore he can wistand such speeds. I'm not trying to say I win I just want you to explain how TTGL can beat Goku instead of saying he can win.

Chulance
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:27 pm

I'm also stating reasons. As I have stated before, The Realm of Darkness is not a place governed by the normal laws of physics. Goku could not teleport there, or get there because "He is fast" as you keep stating, which sounds almost as stupid as "He is big", so stop making that argument, or allow the he is big argument.This is because it is on a whole other plane of reality from the rest of the worlds. Also, because it is the "Realm of Darkness", again, the only way to get in is if a creature of darkness allows you in, and also, nothing so mundane as a Ki blast could light it, it would be as ineffectual as a light bulb. Again, the realm of darkness is ruled by beings of darkness such as nobodies and heartless, not "OMG he is so fast and strong" sayain people. Also, you yell at us for saying things like, it is strong, and can destroy a galaxy, but then you say the exact same thing about Goku. I'm leaving before this becomes even more of a "Prove Goku is Godlike in his power" thread. Goodbye.

Xiphoniii
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!