Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

MurderBrawl I (OOC And Sign Ups)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: MurderBrawl 2012 (OOC And Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:46 pm

I'm probably going to switch charachters. I'll submit a particular female Rilla might remember after I make a few tweaks to her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Rilla, Choose either the Nature dominance or the druidic magics, but not both, and he should be ok.

I see no issues with Apex

Everyone else should tone down their character's magical abilities to basic spells, and a few abilities. Fit within the Mild Powers guideline.
Nip it in the bud.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rilla on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Nature Dominance. I'm not yet practiced with the douchebag in Drudic Magics.

Rilla
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:08 pm

I just hope this will be fun; unlike most T1 these days. Why does it always end in an bitch-tastic-whine-off? *cough*Subjectthirteen*cough*

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Did you see their leaving post, Noxise?

Also, submitting the following.

Orsa

Love my bruisers.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rilla on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:23 pm

...Orsa + a Dog = Infinite fun for both. xD

Rilla
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 pm

LOL

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Yeah, saw his unfinished bout with Dyew also.

I am hoping for more mature fighters here, and please..for the love of all things sane, word your posts so a human can understand your doings. It's about quality...not how many big words you can bundle up.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rilla on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:29 pm

GO FETCH BOY /throwsboneseverywhere

Hopefully this goes how GrassRoots did, aside from an occasional snag, everything was gravy

DarkManticoreX2 wrote:I'm probably going to switch charachters. I'll submit a particular female Rilla might remember after I make a few tweaks to her.

Is it the one from Grassroots? Say yes, please. <3

Rilla
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 pm

I kinda intended something like Grassroots, but with cool powerups and cool shit to use.

I am drawing together the first bracket, and will release it tomorrow. Seems like everything is moving swimmingly.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:18 am

Am I the only person who has volunteered to judge the tournament?
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 am

I am interested in the following:
How much time is allowed per fight?
Should the time run out, what is the judging criteria?

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 pm

This may be a bit too strong, but you can think of her powers as analogous or similar to that of the "Force" found in Star Wars. (Unless of course you read Korean Manwhas. Tower of God. That was her source material). I figured if there was elemental manipulation she'd scale in just fine. Its also been a while since I've been on roleplaygateway so posting the profile here for ease till I find out how to find me way through this place again. Just here to kill Rilla. For lulz.

Name: Sophia Nightingale
Likes: Music, Anime, Manga, Japanese Things, Korean Dramas, Hot Korean Boys, New Things, Make-Up, Dancing, Shopping, and Pretty Pictures.
Dislikes: Stalkers who read her character description to know what powers she has, Super Duper Unoriginal Characters, Old Fantasy Characters, Old Science Fiction Characters, Mean Old People, Dirty People, and Ugly People.

Physical Description: Sophia is an average normal girl with neon pink long layered hair with bright green streaks. She wears a surgical mask with a big X drawn over the mask in black ink and comes with a frilly school girl uniform with a jacket, dress shirt, skirt, long white socks, black dress shoes, a red tie, a hand carry black school bag, a portable karaoke machine, katana, sexy headphones, an ipod, an iphone, electric guitar, and square glasses that shoot out LED lights when she presses a button on the side of its rim. She is the epitome of coolness. Don’t mess with her.

Personality Description: Lighthearted, cheerful, childish, silly, and crazy are all the correct terms to be describing her personality. Oh, and not to mention eccentric. She likes all the things she likes and hates all the things she hates. A lot. So much that she might forget she was fighting for a couple of minutes to go meet Korean Super Star 101 at the local airport or go out of her way to take X opponent to a beauty salon to get their ultra messy too-lazy-to-describe-my haircut fixed. There is nothing like a good deed done. Even if she has to beat them up afterwards.

Powers/Abilities:
Wave Controller
A Wave Controller is a person who is able to physically manipulate the energy in their surroundings into a metaphysical and ubiquitous power otherwise known as a “Wave”. Waves are invisible forces that act similar to that of waves found in a body of water. Waves can push, accelerate, magnify, wrap around objects, crush and repel attacks. They can also be shaped into metaphysical weapons, objects, or devices. A Wave is created by wrapping energy around the user’s body through a source. Sources can be anything from a cell phone, mirror, flashlight, or musical instrument. As long as the source creates energy that energy can be manipulated into a Wave.

Wave Techniques
Sophia Nightingale has a range of techniques in Wave Manipulation. The techniques are Channeling, Amplification, Catching, Sensing, Hard Wave, and Soft Wave. Channeling is the use of a Wave to direct energy or an object towards a particular location. Amplification amplifies energy being guided by a Wave. For example, if Sophia was holding a mirror and reflecting sunlight off that mirror she could amplify the light reflecting off the mirror into a laser beam or a lightsaber and then use Channeling to guide that beam towards its target. Catching involves wrapping a Wave over an attack and wrestling control over it to her side. If an earth manipulator were to send a tremor into the ground at her feet, Sophia could send a wave into the ground to send the tremor back to the caster or prevent it from causing extensive damage.

Sensing is the ability to feel the ripples in a Wave to locate people, objects, or items of interest that are in it. If someone walks right into Sophia’s Wave. She’ll know about it. She may not know what came in, but at least she’ll know random object #10 entered her wave a couple feet behind her. Hard Waves are Waves that influences physical objects like people, rocks, or cars. Hard Waves smash, move, push, or crush objects that are caught in its grasp. Soft Waves are the same as Hard Waves except that they influence intangible objects such as ghosts or magical spells. They can also move magical traps that have been casted on a patch of ground to another spot without setting it off. A Wave at the time of its creation can either be Soft or Hard but not both. Hard Waves can’t affect intangible objects like ghosts. Soft Waves can’t affect tangible objects like people.

Skills:
Smart
Sophia may not be a genius, but the girl is smart. She knows that guns are dangerous, bombs go boom, and that people that shoot lightning from their fingertips are either magical or insane. She can also fix random objects lying around the house with a pair of screwdrivers and a wrench.

Can Beat You Up
Sophia has taken enough martial art seminars to beat the crap out of most thugs on the street. If they can get that close to her anyway, seeing as lighting does shoot from her fingertips from time to time.

Equipment:
Electric Guitar
Iphone
Katana
Headphones
Ipod
Sap Gloves
Schoolbag
Portable CD+G Karaoke Machine with Light Effect
LED Glasses
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
-Anais Nin

Asperser
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rilla on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Why must everyone try and kill the black guy?

Rilla
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm

The Matches themselves will be three weeks in length, and with TS's permission, I would like to use Grassroots Judging rubric.

I will allow Sophia, but will be scrutinizing her in combat.

The IC Lobby will be coming up within the next day or so, so you can start with your IC.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheoul on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:09 pm

I dunno if I'd wanna fight Sophia. She's carrying so much junk around, I don't know if she could even fight back with all that weighing her down. :P

Sheoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rilla on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:30 pm

If you fight her, stab her twice in the stomach.

Sophia's love being stabbed twice in the stomach.

Rilla
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Sheoul wrote:I dunno if I'd wanna fight Sophia. She's carrying so much junk around, I don't know if she could even fight back with all that weighing her down. :P

lol =P. Or you know. She could ride some waves and not be so heavy =P.

Rilla wrote:If you fight her, stab her twice in the stomach.

I'm going to lulz if Rilla is my first opponent. Shenanigians will be afoot.

Asperser
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rilla on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Asperser wrote:
Sheoul wrote:I dunno if I'd wanna fight Sophia. She's carrying so much junk around, I don't know if she could even fight back with all that weighing her down. :P

Rilla wrote:If you fight her, stab her twice in the stomach.

I'm going to lulz if Rilla is my first opponent. Shenanigians will be afoot.

I'll tap that ass all the way back to Guild.

Rilla
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheoul on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:18 pm

[quote="Asperser"]
/quote]

What I mean is, it just seems excessive and cumbersome... She doesn't really need all that shit, especially since she's going into a fight. I just don't get you kids these days.

Sheoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!