MurderBrawl I (OOC And Sign Ups)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

MurderBrawl I (OOC And Sign Ups)

Tips: 8.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:39 pm

MURDERBRAWL I

Introduction

Welcome to the first annual MurderBrawl Tournament. In the attempts to blend and test all genres of fighting, I will be hosting the very first Open tournament set in the illustrious IC NRP Multiversal Faction of the Aschen Confederation! MurderBrawl is a Type:1 Eden Era turn-based combat where detail and precision is a must. Advanced fighters and newcomers are equally welcome.

The Tournament is a standard Mild Powered Character T1 Single Elimination Bracket tournament. The Reason I am hosting this tournament is to give fighters a chance to test the true abilities of their characters in various alien environments, forcing them to adapt and overcome hazards, obstacles, and dangers that await them. They will also be able to utilize environmental weapons and take hostages should the particular fight be in a public place.

The Tournaments will be judged by myself, and a staff of volunteer Judges whom will volunteer their time to ensure the matches that don't result in a definite win are judged fairly. (I will be releasing the Judging rubric after it is reviewed and approved)

Official Declaration from TwilightShade, host of the GrassRoots Tournament. wrote:The winner of this tournament is guaranteed second seed in the 2012 instance of The Grassroots Tournament. If I or another GR official wins, the first eligible runner up will receive the spot instead. Note that a seed is not equivalent to a guaranteed spot, and is in fact strictly better, being that a seeded position allows the contestant to choose their round one opponent. The only other seed in the tournament will be the previous Grassroots champion.

Rules

The Tournament has a few very simple rules;

- Healing is allowed for minor wounds, serious bodily injury cannot be healed, death cannot be revived.
- There are no Superforms allowed E.g. Saiyans, and other powered up states.
- Personal firearms are disallowed (Guns will be provided In-house on the Arena for consumption). Other Projectile weapons are exempt. (Bow & Arrow, etc)
- There is no dimensional manipulation, teleportation, phasing, or time manipulation.
- No 'High Powered' Characters or 'God Characters' Or any form of 'God Modding' (Characters will be reviewed before approval to ensure equality)

In regards to the character's power level.

This is a Mild Power tournament with an emphasis on stage hazards and tools to forward your objective, there are some rules governing the character abilities.

Transformations: Powered up states are not allowed. This includes transformations of any kind to a powered up being, this is stated in the basic rules.

All forms of basic and enhanced melee are acceptable.

Magic and other powers must be limited and not be capable of unleashing immense destruction. (Judge's Discretion)

Healing can only be done with purchased medicines.

Handicaps on abilities will be determined by the stage (Eg, an Earth manipulator is handicapped in space, etc.)

I think I covered everything as far as allowed abilities.

Sign-Ups

Signups are on a First-Come First-Serve basis, to sign up, post the link to your Character's Profile on this thread, you may also post the profile itself, though the former is preferred. Good luck, and may the best fighter win!

There will be 16 Slots open for this Tournament, and Signups will run from now (2-21-2012) Until (3-01-2012). The Tournament itself will begin on the 5th Day of March, 2012

MurderBrawl... Sponsored by Tech Con Group

MurderBrawl I Roster;

Smoke - Sheoul
Adinraen - Rilla
Magnus Krome - TwilightShade
Saladin - Lord_saladin
Apex - Noxize
Orsa - Patcharoo
Sophia Nightingale - Asperser
Claire Wilder - DarkManticoreX2
Mahalo - nahkahanhi
Judgement - Johnathan Alexander
Last edited by barney_fife on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:57 am, edited 9 times in total.
Nip it in the bud.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 8.00 INK in return for their work.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter

Re: MurderBrawl 2012 (OOC And Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:34 am

You should probably define some rough boundaries for power levels, as Powered fighting hits a fairly wide range.

IE: Full powered Sirius, Who verges close to the upper end of powered fighting.

and

Restricted Sirius, who is probably closer to the median in powered fighting.

Yeah, that's a submission. Good to see a familiar face Barney

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Patcharoo on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:34 am

I would like to reserve a place as a competitor, but I'm unsure what scale of fighter I'm looking at.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Sheoul on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 am

Finally finished changing an old favourite of mine...Smoke.

Sheoul
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Rilla on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Manticore playing?

Oh yeah, I'm definitely interested.

Adinraen - First Choice

Kimicho <-- Second Choice, if first is unacceptable.

Rilla
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby TwilightShade on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Magnus Krome. PM me if there are any issues/revisions I need to make.

TwilightShade
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Grahf on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Nox, in keeping with the rules I will not use any of his planeshifting power. Just the Psionic stuff.

If he is not fitting I would have to quickly finish Apex...let me know.

Grahf
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Sheoul on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm

TwilightShade wrote:Magnus Krome. PM me if there are any issues/revisions I need to make.

OH!! You're Magnus!!

We meet again! (I was Sensei Ichi in the GT last time around.)

Sheoul
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby barney_fife on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Wow, One day in and I'm already getting some signups, I'm glad to see some people are interested.

I want to stick with the same Power parameters that were used in TwilightShade's Grassroots tournament, Allowing Character their various abilities, but nothing too over the top, Essentially, DarkManticore, Restricted Sirius would be more in keeping with the Tournament rules as far as power levels.

I am also Taking volunteers for Judges.

I'm reviewing submissions as I type this. And Tweaking the finer points of the rules.

A few things to remember;
In this fight, there is a ninety-six hour limit on posting, to keep the flow of the fight. If your opponent does not post within that Ninety-six hours, you may post again, every ninety-six hours until either your opponent is defeated (Minimum of 3 missed turns) Or your opponent posts.
Massive Planet-Destroying spells are not allowed, try to keep the fight in a reasonable level.

DarkManticoreX2 - Restricted Sirius Leonine is approved and added to the bracket.

Patcharoo - I will reserve your slot for one (1) week from the date of this post.

Sheoul - Smoke is approved.

Rilla - I see no issues with either Character, choose one at your leisure.

TwilightShade - Magnus Krome is approved.

Noxize - Nox is approved, so long as the planes-walking is omitted.

(A Safe Bracket of eight (8) Players will be made if the 16 slots cannot be filled)

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Grahf on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:47 pm

I'll leave it in the profile, because I am lazy. But it will not be used. =D Glad I can play.

Grahf
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Rilla on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Adinraen, though I did figure he'd be a bit too strong. Glad I'm wrong. lolololololol.

I get to play with Manti(Whom I've never got to fight), and TS(Again).

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Rilla
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby barney_fife on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:54 pm

As long as it's not mega over the top, with the hazards and weapons that will be thrown in, I'm not worried about the subtleties of power levels, as long as it's not too over the top, and abides by the rules, don't worry.

I'm working on stages as we speak, I'll give you guys a hint.

One of the Stages will be fought in Zero-G.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Rilla on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Fair enough.

I have a thread/list of battlegrounds, if you like. You can edit them to be alien places. My particular favorite(That I've had the pleasure of fighting on, only once), is one called Pillars, where the match is contested on pillars that can be broken and/or fall after being used once or twice.

Rilla
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Rilla on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Accidental double post.

Rilla
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Sheoul on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 pm

In Zero-G?!

Oh dear... Physics and all that... If I punch you... OH dear! :P

Sheoul
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby TwilightShade on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Zero-G

After a few turns of IC learning curve and adaptation, that'll be my favorite stage, and likely Magnus's as well.

TwilightShade
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 pm

You can put down my name as a volunteer judge.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

Stunning letter from autistic survivor of electric shock torture in USA

Ylanne
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby barney_fife on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:58 pm

That's going to be the strong point for this tournament, the various environments that will test the skills and adaptations of the contestants.

I'm releasing a preliminary stage list now, they will have generic names and I will elaborate more on them as the Tournament itself draws closer.

Stage 1: City Park
A verdant green park approximately 3 acres in size with trees, a fountain, playground, public restrooms, a sandbox, and people milling around in the park to be used as hostages. The Park is situated inside a city, where skyscrapers and flying cars will provide an interesting backdrop. Hazards and such would include light poles, trees, and a few weapons tossed into the mix.

Stage 2: Chemical Plant
A Large Complex and advanced chemical manufacturing plant with catwalks looming over open vats of toxic chemicals, workers to be taken as hostages, golf carts, machinery to be used as weapons, and chemicals to sling at your opponent. Hazards include narrow catwalks above massive open vats of toxic and acidic chemicals, long drops into machinery and metal floors, pipelines filled with chemicals, and of course, weapons tossed in for consumption.

Stage 3: Ship Construction Facility
Fight inside and around a 30km Long Planetary Assault carrier being constructed in a massive underground facility filled with workers, complex machinery, volatile chemicals, and parts to use as weapons. Hazards include massive industrial metal stamps forming ship hulls, arc welding arms, and conveyer belts discarding scrap into massive vats of molten metals. Other Hazards include grinders, smashers, choppers, etc. Weapons include a fully functional Turbo-Disruptor battery that can be used to fire at your opponent.

Stage 4 Moonwalking Madness
This Stage will take place on a barren moon much like Earth's moon. Atmosphere will be provided by a massive energy field containing the arena. Hazards include meteors, Starships buzzing by, and the occasional moon trawler (Don't get sucked up into it's hopper, or you'll be meat!).

Stage 5: Spacewalk (Zero-G Fighting!)
The Contestants will be provided with Combat skins to allow them to function and fight in the vacuum of space. The Players will be placed in open space to fight this stage. Hazards include comets, starships, gravitic anomalies, and the pea sized dust particle zipping along faster than a bullet.

Stage 6: Space Station (Zero-G Fighting!)
This Match will take place aboard and around a medium sized Orbital defense station. (Weapons and Hazards to be determined)

Tell me what you guys think. I'll be happy to make any changes if you have any suggestions.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 pm

I'll enter with Saladin. He scales well so just decide which of this three tiers is the limit.

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby barney_fife on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Saladin Tier One is approved.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!