Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime

Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime

a part of “Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime”, a fictional universe by AudioKnight.

In the world of Music Masters, music is the catalyst for fantastic super-powers. It's the year 2010, and the Hi-Fi Wars have been going on for a solid decade. Will the war of sound ever end, or is the symphony of destruction destined to go on forever?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:27 am

Nothing in your idea sounds wrong to me, Zodia. I also like your song choices. ^_^ I say feel free to post, it's been awhile since the RP actually started, and I feel that we need to get moving and figure out how to work off of our current plot... Audio, are the new characters part of our group at the mansion? If so, then we can assume that all of our characters have met and are (more or less) friends, as originally planned.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rixo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:36 am

Zodia195 wrote:There I did it! I finally submitted my char. Let me know if I need to make any changes. Audio, I was thinking about this, but I have a question about Sentonals. What does the Music master do while it's doing it's thing?

Also about my char's history. She doesn't know who her birth parents are, I was thinking that maybe her mother could have been a former member of Artic Hell, but got out of it and knew Astrid's adopted parents. I would have it to wear she died giving birth to Astrid. I was also thinking that her biological father could still be a member too, but has no idea about Astrid. How does that sound?

Sentonals are kind of like Stands (from the series Jojo's Bizarre Adventure).

They fight alongside a Music Master most of the time, meaning as long as the Music Master is listening to the song effect, they can operate, move and do stuff while their Sentonal operates at the same time.

That idea sounds good for your character. I feel like you could have had a little more description on the song effects but it's otherwise fine. I'll approve it and you can edit to make further changes. Just watch the spelling here and there if you can.

To answer your question, Rixo, yes, the characters are a part of the group at the mansion. We can assume the characters have met. Keep that in mind when you post, Zodia.

EDIT: New info is in the introduction of the roleplay, regarding Zero Beat and Ultratuning, which is a process in which Music Masters bond with instruments and can produce song effects from them by playing sections of a song, essentially creating song effects "live."
Last edited by AudioKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let the music in tonight, just turn on the music, let the music of your life, give life back to music

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:49 am

Sorry if my song effects weren't as descriptive as ya'll liked, but I was tired at this point and just wanted to get it up. I'll try to change it up a bit more though after I get some sleep.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Sorry if I haven't answered in a while. This morning I had a Lab class and the experiment involved a lot of dangerous chemicals, so I felt I needed to study the protocol carefully Tuesday night so nothing would go wrong today. It went well and I have just posted.

Tell me if there is anything wrong or that you'd like changed. I'm used to writing collaborative fiction so there are still some things about roleplaying that I'm not used to (like how you can't write for anyone else's characters, for example).

Quill
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 pm

The intro was pretty good, actually. Lots of character in that first post, very nice.

It is the Golden Tones, not the Golden Tunes, but that's a minor thing. The only confusing thing to me; from what you posted, is Jack a part of the Golden Tones, and Dean is her boss? Was she hired by them for some reason? The Tones are an upper echelon: they're mostly a bunch of old Music Masters who are past their prime but treat the Ensemble as a social club.

I just want to know before I go ahead. If you can edit, explain further, or just tell me, I'm sure it'll all be clear. If she's somehow a part of the Tones, I can work it into the story, no problem.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Oh, I was thinking that Jack would be hired as a sort of bodyguard by the Golden Tones (sorry for that mistake, by the way), since they're now being threatened by so many ensembles.

But I think I understand what the confusion was now. It was the "jobs" part, wasn't it? You're right, it wouldn't make sense for Jack to be talking about jobs (in the plural, I mean) she's had in the past, since the Golden Tones were more of a "social club", like you said. Hum... I'm going to try and change that part then. Is that okay?

Quill
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:45 pm

I am having a hard time for why my own char would be there. She's the type that isn't a team player and prefers to stick to the 'middle ground' for the most part. Why would she want to get involved in a war? Any help would be appreciated.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:21 pm

She could be a good friend of one of the characters, perhaps...?

Rixo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Quill wrote:Oh, I was thinking that Jack would be hired as a sort of bodyguard by the Golden Tones (sorry for that mistake, by the way), since they're now being threatened by so many ensembles.

But I think I understand what the confusion was now. It was the "jobs" part, wasn't it? You're right, it wouldn't make sense for Jack to be talking about jobs (in the plural, I mean) she's had in the past, since the Golden Tones were more of a "social club", like you said. Hum... I'm going to try and change that part then. Is that okay?

Yeah, go ahead, that sounds good.

And for you, Zodia, what Rixo suggested would probably be best.

Take your time, people. We're in no rush.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Okay, hey Rixo, how about your char Brandon and my char Astrid know each other than? Audio, do Music Masters immediately recognize each other if they see each other for the first time? Or how do they find out exactly?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Music Masters can't really recognize each other as Music Masters until one of them activates one of their song effects. The difference between Music Masters and normal people is that Music Masters can "see" (because they hear them) the song effects of other Music Masters, while normal people cannot.

They kind of find out because Music Masters share their identity as Music Masters within one another. It's a society within society. Kind of like being a mutant, except that it's not public.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 am

Zodia wrote:Okay, hey Rixo, how about your char Brandon and my char Astrid know each other then?

Sure, I don't see a problem with that. Will make posting easier and more interesting. :)

Rixo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 am

I've changed my post a bit. I think it should be alright now.

And yeah, the characters knowing each other makes things a lot easier. Now they just need to get to know it each other better :)

So, who's posting next?

Quill
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:27 am

Quill wrote:So, who's posting next?

Zodia's next, or Audio if he wants to move the meeting along. It's a choice of whether we see everyone's reaction to Jack's entry/ Mick's "dealt hand" / Mick introducing Jack first, or whether we see Astrid make her entry immediately after Jack and to go on from there.

Rixo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 am

Hey Audio, I do have a question about Ensembles. Do they have all have a hierarchy of sorts? I would think these groups had leaders in them right?

I am going to post now though. Sorry to keep ya'll waiting.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:48 am

Zodia195 wrote:Hey Audio, I do have a question about Ensembles. Do they have all have a hierarchy of sorts? I would think these groups had leaders in them right?

I am going to post now though. Sorry to keep ya'll waiting.

Yes, pretty much every Ensemble has a set hierarchy of some kind. For example, Dean White is leader of The Golden Tones, while Wallace West is leader of Unarchy. Usually they have one leader and multiple captains, but the leadership systems among all the thousands of Ensembles in the whole world varies greatly.

Thanks for making those slight changes, Quill. They makes things quite clearer.

Yeah, I'll get to posting once Zodia does and move us along.,
Last edited by AudioKnight on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:56 am

Okay well, I was thinking that maybe that maybe Astrid's biological father could be a high ranking member of Arctic Hell since he's still alive and could be a possible antagonist.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:58 am

Zodia195 wrote:Okay well, I was thinking that maybe that maybe Astrid's biological father could be a high ranking member of Arctic Hell since he's still alive and could be a possible antagonist.

That's actually a good idea. Feel free to put some of the background details and imply stuff if you'd like, and I'll design him as a possible antagonist (though I do have one already in mind.)

Truthfully, there will be multiple antagonists in this. Think of it a little as a shounen manga, where they'll be a different Music Master as a "villain-of-the-week" kind of thing, leading to a big deal one at the end.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:20 am

Lol Shounen type huh? Okay cool comparison hehe. And I'll come up with the char soon, I just want to get more of a feel for Astrid first okay? Glad you like my idea though.

Oh I did post.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:09 am

Nice post on your part, Zodia. To everyone, I can understand just kind of waiting for reactions right now.

I posted, and in my next post the story ball is going to really get rolling, but I hope the set-up is getting good. I so wish I could post links, but there is a song associated with this recent post of mine.

Look up Suzy by Caravan Palace on Youtube to get a feel for the introduction of a new character in this recent post of mine. It'll really help set the atmosphere for my post.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!