Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. »

Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime

a part of “Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime”, a fictional universe by AudioKnight.

In the world of Music Masters, music is the catalyst for fantastic super-powers. It's the year 2010, and the Hi-Fi Wars have been going on for a solid decade. Will the war of sound ever end, or is the symphony of destruction destined to go on forever?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:33 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Let the music in tonight, just turn on the music, let the music of your life, give life back to music

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AudioKnight
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:33 pm

this looks fun ^^

Question: Did you put up a post in the "Roleplayers Wanted" page? that's a way you could attract more players if you haven't yet.

Don't worry, I have no idea whats going on either

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fate0013
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anything14 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Am I still allowed to join?

anything14
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm

I'm interested in joining, looks very interesting. The only thing that initially drove me away was that a couple of the songs I wanted to use are 2011 and 2012. I'll figure something out though. :)

Rixo
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:13 pm

I am working on my character right now! She'll be completed by tomorrow latest, if that is okay? :)

Stitches
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeah, there is a roleplayers wanted page posted. Check it out and the roleplay itself can be checked through my profile. I can't post links yet. :/

And yes, anything14, submit a character to the roleplay for me to approve.

AudioKnight
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Oh yes, also wondering in case I missed it, where does this roleplay take place at? I need to know for my character's backstory.

Rixo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:56 pm

I have finally submitted a character! Sorry if you have got two through from me, for some reason my first attempt did not seem to want to work. It literally appeared as a blank canvas after I had finished.. if I had not of been smart and saved the profile before posting, this laptop would have been thrown out of the window!

Again, really sorry about the spam if an empty character sheet comes through! I think the first may not have worked because I tried to use the Korean symbols for her name in the title!

I hope that you like my character. :)

Stitches
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Rixo wrote:Oh yes, also wondering in case I missed it, where does this roleplay take place at? I need to know for my character's backstory.

In New York City. The main plot will happen there, but all the characters are going to be coming from many different places obviously. Sorry that was not clarified.

And I looked over your character Stitches, pretty good. Very detailed, good imagery, and the powers are nice, detailed and varied.

For anyone wondering, one of the big inspirations for this is a manga series called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Look it up, the Stands from that series are pretty much what inspired Sentonals.

AudioKnight
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:39 am

Submitted mine as well (am I the only one with an obvious Rare Groove so far...? I feel skeptical on how I put it together too... *nervous*). If any changes need to be made, I have no problem with making them.

I'm afraid that what happened to Stitches may have also happened to me. I came out with a pop up white screen and had to re-submit. Sorry if there was a double submission. (Hooray for saving progress!)

Rixo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:18 am

Rixo wrote:Submitted mine as well (am I the only one with an obvious Rare Groove so far...? I feel skeptical on how I put it together too... *nervous*). If any changes need to be made, I have no problem with making them.

I'm afraid that what happened to Stitches may have also happened to me. I came out with a pop up white screen and had to re-submit. Sorry if there was a double submission. (Hooray for saving progress!)

Good concept! The use of Rare Groove in that way (song enhancing another song) is something I never would have thought of. Not really much to say beyond that, approved for sure.

I'll work on an introductory post. One thing I'm going to try and avoid with this (which I see happen with a lot of RP's) is to not have like two pages of posting dedicated to everyone meeting up. In the first few posts, I want everyone to have met up and the plot to be set in motion, otherwise we'll get too bogged down in introductions and set-up. Rather, I want people's back-stories to be revealed with each other as they're traveling and fighting or whatever and after they've already met.

AudioKnight
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Thx ^_^

Ah, yes, introductions. Those kill RP's too early too often. Are we going to wait to see if anyone else is going to join first, or are you going to work on the intro right away?

Rixo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:28 pm

I can wait a little bit (day or two) for a person or two before I get to work.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions about the universe or whatever, feel free to ask. This actually a more personal thing I convert into an RP from time to time, there's much more to it that I didn't put in the intro. That's just a taste.

AudioKnight
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Wasn't saying you had to wait, but I would agree that at least one more person may be a good idea. Can't wait to see what happens in the RP. ^_^ I've no questions at the moment, but I'll ask if I come up with any.

Edit: Getting a little anxious to start at this point, and I also have a question. I was wondering how Sentonals get in and out of the Soundscape. Is their method limited to the RP's logic, or is how they're summoned unique per each song effect?

Rixo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:19 am

Rixo wrote:Wasn't saying you had to wait, but I would agree that at least one more person may be a good idea. Can't wait to see what happens in the RP. ^_^ I've no questions at the moment, but I'll ask if I come up with any.

Edit: Getting a little anxious to start at this point, and I also have a question. I was wondering how Sentonals get in and out of the Soundscape. Is their method limited to the RP's logic, or is how they're summoned unique per each song effect?

There's no real "method" to how their summoned. They all just manifest in front of their user in one way or another the moment they Harmonize with the specific song in question. (Basically they all materialize)

I can understand your impatience. I'll try to have an introductory post done today.

EDIT: The introductory post is up. Feel free to ask my any questions if you need to before you post.

AudioKnight
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:47 am

AudioKnight wrote:EDIT: The introductory post is up. Feel free to ask my any questions if you need to before you post.

Did you make sure it posted properly? I don't see it anywhere on the RP's page.I'll make my post as soon as I see it (or maybe there's a hidden page I don't know about...?).

Rixo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Oh, it has its own thread in the Realistic roleplay section.

You can still see it on the front page in the boards.

AudioKnight
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Posted.

Link for Stitches and future referance: music-masters-prime-t86088.html

Rixo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:49 pm

I hope the beginning was vague enough. Once we get a post from Stiches then I'll post again and we can hopefully get the ball rolling. I realize though the vagueness both helped and hindered the next poster after me though.

I like how you filled in details I forgot to think of, Rixo, what with all assuming everyone knows each other from the start.

AudioKnight
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:45 am

Thanks Audio, and I agree that the vagueness was slightly hurtful to my posting, but I managed to get around it. As we don't know whether Stitches knows that the RP has started, it would be a good idea to message her as a reminder. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling, or it might just be you and me. :)

Edit: Do we know whether Stitches is going to RP? We need to start posting before we die out. :x

Rixo
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!