Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Music preference thread

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Re: Music preference thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFemaleRiddler on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:43 am

I enjoy a range of genre of music but my preference is rock and pop punk like busted and blink 182

My favourite artist/bands are:
Busted
My chemical romance
Blink 182
Sum 41
Lady gaga
Ed Sheeran
Disturbed
Slipknot
hi. Need someone to do me a signature

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheFemaleRiddler
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stig on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I would have to go with any genre really. I love up beat music but i do have my limits. I do really enjoy screamo or anything that heavy.

Alternative, older rap, and rock of course are my go to genre.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stig
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FewerWords on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 am

I listen to an amazing amount of Korean pop music, and then random American songs rather than artists... I do have to say I like Owl City though.

FewerWords
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Toxic Cereus on Wed May 28, 2014 10:09 am

I seem to listen to everything. Lately I've been listening to Real McCoy (aka weird old dance music). Although I love Avenged Sevenfold, Hollywood Undead, Hinder, Three Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Volbeat, Five Finger Death Punch - I love everything!

The Toxic Cereus
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miraculousjewxx on Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Im speechles dats all bye bye

Miraculousjewxx
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fangirl99 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:45 pm

I love Pop-Punk, Emo, Symphonic Rock and Post-Hardcore. All Time Low are by far my favorite band, I love the album Nothing Personal. My second favorite band Pierce The Veil , Selfish Machines is my favorite album by them . I love every thing by Evanescence and listen to some Paramore (I dont like their newer music because it has taken a turn towards pop) . I also listen to some My Chemical Romance (Only the albums ''Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge'' and ''The Black Parade'' because i'm not into their newer stuff.)
~Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken.~

~I listen to All Time Low, My Chemical Romance, Black Veil Brides, Falling in Reverse, Coldrain and Pierce The Veil~

Fangirl99
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerValshe on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm into Adele, Linkin Park, Bruno Mars and Little Mix
Life doesn't just hand you things you must work for it

JokerValshe
Member for 7 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby M|Alice on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:19 pm

I am accepting to all genres of music and have many genres on my media devices and enjoy each and every one of them but lately I've been drawn more into instrumental/techno just music that focus on the sound of instruments. We live with people all the time and hear their voices 24/7, but the voice of a violin is so much better.
ImageImageImage

M|Alice
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OlosThe20th on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:37 am

I like the kind of music that lets your imaginations wander (not that kind of way. lol.) I listen to the epic music of Audiomachine, but may occasionally go a little distance from the fencepost. Besides just Audiomachine in the epic music category, whatever interests me is my preference. It could be rap, country, rock, and so on--as long as I find it good or if I can relate to it. In fact, I even listen to old jukebox tunes in the mornings whenever the mood is right.

There's this style of music that I am searching for. I know how it sounds in my head, but so far, I haven't found it yet. It's like some journey I'm on to search the databases of songs, ha-ha.
i don't like toast unless it's whole wheat,
But I like bacon. That shit is good.

OlosThe20th
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cota on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:38 am

I like a variety of stuff, classic rock, hip hop, rap, modern rock, even a little country from time to time. I'm not really big on super hardcore metal, even though almost all of my friends are. :/
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton

Cota
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renna on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:35 am

I'll listen to nearly anything but country. There's even some country that I'll listen to -- just not the really twangy, old, folksy kind.

Off the top of my head, I listen to:
- Demi Lovato
- Nightwish
- Evanescence
- Linkin Park
- Green Day
- Depeche Mode
- The Beatles
- Lindsay Stirling
- Theatre music
- Disney music
- P!nk
- Selena Gomez
- Pitbull
- Cascada

... There are a ton of others, but it's one in the morning and I can't think. xD

Renna
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:41 am

I listen to pretty much all music, music is my first love and writing fiction is my second. Combining the two is a Frankenstein's Monster for me, I hope it lives. But, to get to the point I'll talk about the styles or genres that stand out to me.

Hip-hop and all of it's various sub-genres, niches, etc are probably my all time favorites. You can't really find the diversity you find in hip-hop in other music except maybe rock music. The relationship between the two since the birth of hip hop to the present-day says something about them.

On that note, Rock music is a close second for me. Especially melodic rock music, though fast paced punk music is also up there for me. More recently I've gotten into art rock, stuff like St. Vincent.

Lastly, while it'll never truly grow on me as a whole, there's a niche of electronic music that I'm into. It's lyric-driven electronic music. It has a much deeper meaning and more thought than electronic music you're just meant to dance to in a club full of sweaty college students.

The comedian-actor-rapper-singer-songwriter Donald Glover, also known as Childish Gambino, to me has define exactly what it means to make songs that are connected to EDM, but with the thought of soul of the music of old. Kid Cudi is another who does it well too.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Saarai
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!