Announcements: Universe of the Month Voting! » Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Universe of the Month Voting! » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » Universe of the Week! » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Music Video Time

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Music Video Time

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Hey guys and girls -

One of my favorite bands, Nightwish, has recently announced a new fan contest and told us to create a music video for their new single that is due out soon. So it looks like it's about that time again for me to forget about food and sleep and get down to business. I have set my sights high, as always, and gave myself a 3 week deadline to complete this project. The video will involve both live action footage and CG elements so I thought I would share some progress online with those who may be interested in seeing some of the work that goes into this madness.

While I will only post progress renderings and screen grabs here, you can still check out my more in-depth blog at the following link:

http://threeweeksprint.blogspot.com

The blog will most likely feature some videos and write-ups on what is going on behind the scenes without giving away too much about the concept of the video itself. If you're interested in this sort of thing, click the little follow button on the blog and also please share it with others :)

So without further ado, here is the very first sneak peek at the model I started work on for the 3D elements.

Comments on this are always welcome :)
He who has ears to hear, let him hear
For this is a tale of an ancient kind
In the word there lies existence and the word became flesh
And dwelt among us and we saw its glory
Let him hear it who will

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kai
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Re: Music Video Time

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey there, Kai, former co-lead and current buddy!

I moved your thread from the Creative Realm to the Main Lobby, as it's more of an announcement for the entire community. Hopefully you get more traffic here, more views, anything you need. Great idea to try and promote it before it's even released!

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Nuuu! *kicks and screams the entire way, trying to drag the thread back in vain* I like my creative realm... T.T

I kid :) haha thanks, Sato!

Kai
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:49 pm

The production reached a milestone. All of the footage has now been filmed and the editing has begun. Check out the behind the scenes tid-bit that was filmed on location yesterday:

http://youtu.be/QqE1MkbqPbo

Kai
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:40 am

Final video is up and lives at the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw2_44SjXDg

Watch, rate, comment, share, enjoy :)

Kai
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:36 am

WOO! Is it just views you need? If so, then I shall dedicate my signature to it now that Green: The Movie's fundraising is over.

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:11 am

Views and 'likes' are going to be taken into account but I'm not 100% sure how much weight they will hold. Still, the more the merrier :) Thanks, Sato.

If you need a new signature banner for it, let me know. I can cook one up tonight hopefully (got a couple more small projects going on after work)

BTW, my blog traffic increased a lot over the weekend when the video was released. I still had your short film link up on the side. Hope it helped :)

Kai
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:03 am

Signature banner, please! :D I'm going to be going back to my normal avatar tonight, so if you remember it, something that matches that color scheme would look pretty.

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 pm

PM'ed you the banner in case you want any changes made to it :)

Kai
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:05 am

Just found it! Will edit it in now that I have a chance/am not exhausted. xD

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyrax17 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 am

I just want to say that I love them. That is all.
Just a pretty face with an electric soul.

kyrax17
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!