Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mutant RP planning. Serious business going on.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Mutant RP planning. Serious business going on.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowPhoenix0307 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks, I'm glad to hear it Safisan :)

Yeah, I really need to get into the habit of doing that, I've been trying to remind myself for the double space and I'm getting better with it, but please forgive any slip ups.

Anyway, I think to make things easier to follow would be to set this up in chapters instead of different threads. Aside from that, what are the extend of the mutations? Just extra extremities, powers, hybrids? Just curious so I can pick one of my characters to use.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadowPhoenix0307
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Powers, and varying (very much so) side effects, usually relating to the power itself, if a side effect presents itself at all. A personal example I can dig up for you is the second thread's character Ally, who turned blind upon gaining clairvoyance as a power, ironically. In a latter revival attempt, she regains her eyesight and appears with clairsentience and the rest of her ability arsenal. This also shows the mutants are capable of both losing and gaining powers, the cause, or what brings this condition is unknown.

Regarding the multi-thread or chapter debate, it looks like we'll be going with chapters. Keeping in mind actions will find themselves done in the same real time as the other factions. Therefore, if a blizzard struck the city whilst we played the House faction, any Rebellion members close by would also be hit by said phenomena during their own chapter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowPhoenix0307 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Alright, I got ya. This should be interesting then. I'm pretty excited about this. Alright, well if I have any other questions I'll put them here or PM you.

ShadowPhoenix0307
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:05 pm

Any possibility I could join this? First RP I've seen in a while that actually appears to be well done, and interesting. Not to mention the fact that its a superhero style RP with a darker edge to it, which is just the kind of thing I've been reading lately, and causing me to want to RP. (Mostly Kick-Ass and Penance: Relentless in the last 2 days) So, if there is anyway I could join this, please let me know. I'd be glad to post a sample if necessary, its been a while since I've RPed and you might have difficulty finding any of my better writing, especially since the last RPing I did was kind of sub-par.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 pm

I saw OOC comments more than anything, Gabriel_Whist. Still, digging a little deeper I read through 'Rosemetal', your first two posts at least as I'm rather tired at the moment. I'd really appreciate a PM with a sample post, mainly to see your formatting in its most recent form as opposed to your role-playing. Thanks in advance!

Guys, I'll be getting to work on an IC now, there is just one last bit of information I'll need opinions on... Which faction gets played first?! We've got the teenagers at the House facility, the gangs at the Rebellion and the ones in the Government.

The first would likely focus on the life of a mutant more than anything, growing up training to be let back into society, with eventual defections to a less neutral faction. The Rebellion focuses more on a rougher side to it, renegade mutants that fight for what in their mind is right; with the last one mentioned being the sense of authority preventing their breakout and seeing to the safety of the city (none its namelessness, only minor details like these are left void right now.)

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:36 am

The rebellion sounds like it would be the most fun to start off as. With them we could easily sow the hardships they face being a rebel and outcast in society. Also after that we could have a few characters defect to the house (i'm willing to do it).
Socrates once said........ To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 am

I apologize before hand if my post lacks coherency or thought. My mind isn't quite at its optimal range at the moment. But a few questions I would like to ask before officially joining.

1. The setting, based on your intro, seems to be mostly set up in the states. So my first question is with regards to the scale of the rp. Do you plan on traversing across countries involving different government politics, terrorists, etcs? Or strictly as introduced with the House, the Gangs, and the Government as the three primary factions and the performers within one city in particular?

2. Is searching out the truth behind the escape of the virus a playable agenda? Or is that an abstract that we can ignore? If it is not a playable agenda perhaps a bit of details of when and how the virus was first released would be helpful in terms of background check. Other than being a teen what is the condition for infection? Contagious via contact? blood? air?

3. How much of the population of Teens have been infected? Were the mutations a series of painful genetic restructuring? Or did it occur silently over time? Do all the infected teens know they have the powers already? Or is it a playable facet to have teens just discovering their powers?

4. While it is assumed that the gang faction is warring against the government I don't believe the gang's true intentions were ever stated clearly. Do they just want revenge? Are they just a bunch of kids gathering because they don't' like the government? Have they begun participating in illegal activities? For money? For power? For mere amusement? Or do they have a hidden agenda within their ranks unknown to the government and the house?

5. What are the leadership roles and the power hierarchy within the gang and the house? Presumably house consists of teachers and different year students. But the gangs? Free for all? Full democracy? Strongest takes all? Ring of masterminds? Or is the chain of command up to the roleplayers to decide?

6. How far has the gang reached? Into corporations? Or just by themselves a bunch of rebelling teens? What other factions can/may participate in this rps? Supporters for either end with hidden agendas of their own? Any designated head quarter for the gang? name of the gang?

7. Main locations that can be played? (randomly naming a few: hospital, super market, base ball field, apartments, etc) Naming specific locations for major roleplayer usually helps players organize. Setting up events in those specific locations and letting players be familiar with them is also one technique the gm can or might use. Requiring players to clearly indicate their location is helpful for others just to see where everyone is and who they can interact with.

8. Any major events that have happened recently? Over the past? Scarring events that set bitter tears or warring determination... any history that you might want to hard code into the story to set some parameters into each faction? etc etc

9. How much support does the house have from the government? Are we to have different weapons depending on the alignment? What level of technology are we allowed? or is this rp fully intent on powers only and weapons can stay in the shack?

hope I didn't ramble too much... food for thought I suppose. Also to help me organize the rp in my head before I create a profile using that history.

souloe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:06 pm

No apologies needed, it's great for you to have questions like those; even more so if they'll help you out when role-playing. In bold are my answers.

1. The setting, based on your intro, seems to be mostly set up in the states. So my first question is with regards to the scale of the rp. Do you plan on traversing across countries involving different government politics, terrorists, etcs? Or strictly as introduced with the House, the Gangs, and the Government as the three primary factions and the performers within one city in particular?

We do not plan on traversing countries, nor delving in politics and terrorists, save for the Rebellion's gangs. The three factions are the center point, based on yes, a city. It's a huge one with suburbs on the outskirts and about 5 miles away is the House.

2. Is searching out the truth behind the escape of the virus a playable agenda? Or is that an abstract that we can ignore? If it is not a playable agenda perhaps a bit of details of when and how the virus was first released would be helpful in terms of background check. Other than being a teen what is the condition for infection? Contagious via contact? blood? air?

Searching for the virus' escape sounds like an ever-existing plot for the Government chapter(s), but I'll be giving some information on the virus in the OOC. For now, know that the virus is not contagious.

3. How much of the population of Teens have been infected? Were the mutations a series of painful genetic restructuring? Or did it occur silently over time? Do all the infected teens know they have the powers already? Or is it a playable facet to have teens just discovering their powers?

Any playable character will likely be an infected and they'll be around mostly infected people. At the House, everyone's a mutant, whereas some normal humans work in the Government and very, very few with the Rebellion.

4. While it is assumed that the gang faction is warring against the government I don't believe the gang's true intentions were ever stated clearly. Do they just want revenge? Are they just a bunch of kids gathering because they don't' like the government? Have they begun participating in illegal activities? For money? For power? For mere amusement? Or do they have a hidden agenda within their ranks unknown to the government and the house?

The Rebellion wants the freedom of being considered a normal person, without having to go to a facility to learn how to use their powers. Revenge? Yes, some of them for what's been done to their relatives or friends through (previous) experiments or undercover ones in modern day. They've currently taken over a sector in the suburbs, and most live in a set of apartment complexes there; they'll go raid homes and businesses for money and expansion.

5. What are the leadership roles and the power hierarchy within the gang and the house? Presumably house consists of teachers and different year students. But the gangs? Free for all? Full democracy? Strongest takes all? Ring of masterminds? Or is the chain of command up to the roleplayers to decide?

The House's hierarchy? I guess it'd look something like...

- Headmaster (note there's little interaction with House members)
- Teachers
- Everybody else, though the possibility of internal hierarchies shouldn't be ignored. On that matter, there's no specific school year, as I said, -to avoid making emphasis on the school area- the system they use is a lot quicker, allowing more focus to go to training. The gangs? They'll vary amongst themselves, in the second thread (where emphasis on this faction was placed) we only played out one gang, with a leader and no explicit positions aside from that one.

6. How far has the gang reached? Into corporations? Or just by themselves a bunch of rebelling teens? What other factions can/may participate in this rps? Supporters for either end with hidden agendas of their own? Any designated head quarter for the gang? name of the gang?

They have that section of the suburbs, really about half the place. They're around 500 or so, but we'll likely play out a single gang with all the role-players in it and npc factions. Their headquarter? Huh... Certain apartments could do; names are up to players' creativity, or I'll name ours later on.

7. Main locations that can be played? (randomly naming a few: hospital, super market, base ball field, apartments, etc) Naming specific locations for major roleplayer usually helps players organize. Setting up events in those specific locations and letting players be familiar with them is also one technique the gm can or might use. Requiring players to clearly indicate their location is helpful for others just to see where everyone is and who they can interact with.

For the House faction, it's any place in the House: from the first floor to the third, from an arena to classrooms (note we're not taking classes in character) all the way to some of the outside, and traveling to another faction. The Rebellion's mostly the apartments and suburbs, going into the city for raids or leaving for a Government HQ.

8. Any major events that have happened recently? Over the past? Scarring events that set bitter tears or warring determination... any history that you might want to hard code into the story to set some parameters into each faction? etc etc

None in particular, unless you count the taking of the apartments/suburbs. A few attempts at containing them have been made by the Government, if you'd like to add those.

9. How much support does the house have from the government? Are we to have different weapons depending on the alignment? What level of technology are we allowed? or is this rp fully intent on powers only and weapons can stay in the shack?

The House gets their funding from the Government, and has their officials bring new kids most of the time (some make their way on their own.) Weapons will vary according to alignment; technology is modern-day and a slight futuristic approach towards weapons centered on powers.

On another note, I feel like playing out the Rebellion as well. I'll be posting the OOC tomorrow and decide from the votes we have by then (or maybe even later today.)

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks Safisan. Is there a character template you're going to want us to fill out, or is it just a jump on in style RP?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:48 pm

@Gabriel_Whist: there is a character skeleton I'll be wanting you to fill. However! However... You'll notice this is in the interest check subforum - the is no OOC as of now. This post may be edited (or another post, why not?) upon its making, which I'm getting to.

@Everyone: I'm working on the OOC! We'll be playing the Rebellion faction to start off!

EDIT: It's here. Oh yeah.
Family In The Middle

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!