Myrin's Guide to RolePlayGateway

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Re: Myrin's Guide to RolePlayGateway

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shard Black on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Not what I want or need, thanks anyway

So much for a new idea

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shard Black
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImiZia on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:45 pm

When you write a synopsis, what sort of thing do you put?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ImiZia
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Anything that you want. There is no hard and fast rule that you must follow. My advice is keep it short. Some people make it a factual statement of their character while others quote lyrics or something else. It's up to you.

Jag
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:59 am

Hi, can I just ask, how do you put a character code in the introduction of the RP? Like, a CS for the people to fill in?
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 am

You can create a "code box" by typing all the information you want inside of brackets beginning with [ code] and ending with [ /code] without the spaces.

Jag
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:19 am

Thank you!

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Sun May 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks so much! This helped a lot!
SuperNinjaRoo

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arch_Demon666 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:31 am

this is very helpful ......i just had to say
[center]Image

Arch_Demon666
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JadeCharn on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 pm

This is so helpful! As a total newbie, I really gained a LOT from this, so thanks! :D
Quick question, though, if you don't mind-

Are the only ways to create a character through (1) submitting a character to an already existing RP and (2) creating a character by creating your own RP?

I'm interested in creating a character independent from any RP at the moment and later using her in various RPs; is this possible or does she have to have origins in one RP?

Thank you for your time and this eye-opening guide! :D

JadeCharn
Member for 4 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much it. If you want a dumping ground for characters, The Multiverse is as good a place as any. (By the way, I'd be the QB that edited the OP.)

You can have characters with the same name in different RPs, but most GMs would probably appreciate it if you changed at least a bit of information to fit the setting. For example, if you make a traveler from a faraway land, look through the RP and find a suitable location in the Places setting.

One last nitpick, IDK if it was covered before: You can edit everything except the name. Also, I'd submit a character first and edit stuff in later whenever possible, as bemoaning the loss of an hour's worth of work or more is more common than it should be.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JadeCharn on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks so much! That answered my question completely and some more I hadn't even thought about yet. :)
130% Helpful! :)

JadeCharn
Member for 4 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!