Narazor OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Narazor OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazingstar on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:43 am

Narazor

This is the intro-post to the Narazor rp. The rules for this rp are as follows:
1. No godmodding of any kind, the reason for this is to add versatility and realism to the post. Your characters are not invulnerable by any means. Please don’t make me have to contact you about this.
2. A basic outline of the world has been provided; please contact me before adding a race. I am perfectly fine if you decide to be creative and branch out but please inform me for my input before doing so. In terms of races/characters, you have creativity as your guide, but please inform me either via pm or OOC thread as to what the race is, be specific.
3. Please adhere to the rules of Magic in this RP. If you seek to deviate from them, please contact me before doing so.
4. This is an rp based around enjoyment of its participants; however, put forth some effort. Moderate spelling and grammar are expected as well as effort. No one liners, if you aren’t willing to put forth some time, please don’t join as a major member.
5. If you have an OOC comment that is pertinent to the RP, please place it in the respective topic. Narazor OOC. This will be utilized in order to collaborate on plot and ideas.
6. Finally, have fun, this rp is meant to be challenging, educational, and exciting for the participants.

Overview
Right now, we are at the coming of the Prophet, the priest of a new God who was formed from the chaotic energies of the four that were imprisoned behind the gate. Each of those gods had contributed 1/3 to ½ of their power in the process of creating him. This will be explained by the first post in the IC, which shows this demonic Prophet and can give you all some context even more so than this OOC can….I hope. You can decide to be on either side, left, right, up, down, diagonal, whatever. Of course, I would appreciate each of you contributing a unique element the role-play, everyone is unique and can shape the story in their own way. As of now, the Southern Kingdom is slowly becoming corrupt from the cultish and zealotry present there. The North is still oblivious to matters. Anyways, if this intrigues you in the slightest, I invite you to create a character, whatever it may be, and help create this tale. This OOC includes a lot of information, I understand this. Quite frankly, you don’t absolutely have to read it all; however, I do highly encourage the reading of “The Story” section due to the back-story and history it contains.

Races

There are many races/ethnicities inside the realm of Narazor; unfortunately, I can not take the time to explain every last one of them. There is a good reason for why there are so many societies and species; quite simply, I am allowing you to develop your own if you so desire. Just follow the rules. What follows is your typical summary of the inhabitants of the world! If you make another race, then I shall add it to this list with a neat little citation and honoring you as the creator.

Human-Yes, what is an rp without the normal people just like me (sitting in front of my laptop at this moment); this race is very diverse, as diverse as we are in the real world in fact. You can be short, or tall, or thickly-built, or skinny as a rail! You can be anything from brown haired to mithril haired, use your imagination. Given that humans are basically you or I, they are only as special as you make them. No pointy ears, or any other weird traits.

Elves- Elves, the cornerstone and defining trait of all High Fantasy as decreed by J.R,R Tolkien himself! Due to the nature of what people think elves are, I must say this one phrase. NO, ELVES DO NOT WORK IN THE NORTH POLE. We are talking your pointy eared, often wise, and long-lived fantasy elves here. They are (generally) long limbed, dexterous, keen in their senses and very lean. Of course, they are as diverse as humans are. You can be a wood dwelling elf, a plains roaming one, a highland elf, or anything you so desire. They typically live 200 years plus, up to 300 if they are blessed with longevity.

Dwarves- Of course, we got our stumpy little friends here, the dwarves. Unfortunately, dwarves are kind of stereotypical and I am building on that fantasy assumption as to what they are. Typically around mountains, hills, and tunnels, dwarves are your masters of masonry and craftsmanship involving stone. They are normally shorter than humans, but build more thickly. Short and compact, they are great for shoving in mailboxes. (kidding, there shall be no mail-box filling on my watch). Typically, they are famed for their beards and are just as long lived as elves are. I am not limiting their mindset, nor their equipment or appearance, although I will say they are generally more rugged and look to be carved from stone in many fantasies.

Trolls- No, they do most certainly NOT live under bridges! Trolls are the cousins of the orcs, and the VERY distant cousins to goblins. They are tall, often 6’6” feet or more but are incredibly wiry and thin. Most times, they walk hunched over. Their skin is reptilian in color, despite being similar to leather rather than scales. Blues, grays, greens, purples, knock yourself out. Trolls often possess rather vibrant hair, but it is not always styled in crazy ways like it is in World of Warcraft. GRRRR. Their teeth are only slightly longer and more pointed then the humans, and they can have tusks if you so desire. Their ears are slightly more pointed than a normal person, a trait they share with the elves. Their forms are all wiry and sinewy, looking like they are half starved; however, that is just how they are.

Orcs- Yes, orcs. A race related to Trolls and Goblins, they share the same myriad of colors and the same skin texture. Of course, compared to trolls they are body builders. Rarely reaching 6 feet tall, they are more compact, a mix between human build and dwarven build. They are typically in possession of a muscular, thickly built form. Again, they live in a variety of locales. They also possess the enlarged canines, similar to their troll brethren, but do not have tusks. Their faces tend to be more round than a humans, possessing a domed skull with a pronounced forehead and brow. They have large hands, typically.

Goblins- Meh, I personally despise these little buggers. Also very touchy to describe (there have been so many definitions of them it is an eye sore). In this role-play, they are just midget-like things with wide faces, incredibly long ears, short legs, long arms, and folds of skin all over their body. They take the shades of the orcs and trolls, as they are related. Typically, they are averaging 3 feet tall. They have claw-like nails, and are typically feisty little demons. The folds of skin are with age…so you beauty seeker can choose to have them or not. The main characteristic is they are a bit “slimy” in terms of their skin. Their voices are also more high-pitched than a humans would be.

The Regais- This race is a race of tree spirits, with a large population in the Choking Swamp and especially, the Regailen; however, they do exist most everywhere. They are spirits, and thus, do not necessarily take a physical form all the time. However, each spirit does possess a unique appearance in its physical state that can’t be changed. Whether it appears as a human, elf, dwarf or….whatever else, it is abnormally pale and appears “ghostly”. You will know them when you see them. Quite frankly, they are longer-lived then humans, same range as elves and dwarves. You can really get creative with these guys! All I have for you is a basic idea, but it would be nice for you to tell me before making any huge leaps and bounds within the race idea. The Regai are NOT just mist or invisible. They are collections of spiritual or magical energy that have coalesced into a being that can think for itself. They are still born like normal humans are; however, they DO NOT have the ability to be completely invisible. Even in their spirit forms, any human can see them; although they are blurry, fuzzy, and indistinct. They have a vaguely humanoid shape to this but do not completely obey the laws of reality in terms of mass and gravity. Of course, even in spirit forms, they CAN be hurt by ANY weapon or magic approaching them with deadly or harmful intent. This is to reduce god-moding of their race, which I noticed has begun happening. However, these beings in spirit form find it harder to interact with the natural world, due to their forms, and often do take on physical, flesh and blood forms in order to completely interact. They are not wisps on the wind, or some kind of invisible force. They are people, just like everyone else.

Aviak- The aviak are a distinct race, very unique. They are humanoid in appearance, but possess several traits found in birds, eagles, hawks, etc. They do not have “feet” but rather have talons and scaly..I don’t know what you call them, you see them on birds, bird feet I guess. Their entire bodies are covered in plumage of any color on any bird you have ever seen. Their faces are a humanized rendition of that of a bird….beak, beady eyes, etc. Their hands are like human hands, only are scaly (like bird feet) and have long claws/talons on their fingers. Also, they have a pair of folding wings that run along their arm and connect to their torso, similar to a feathery flying squirrel. They fold rather close to the body, so they can move freely and unhindered without restriction.

Valkyrian- Another winged being, but of an entirely different concept. Rather than being all feathers, they are mostly skin, very soft, fair-toned, skin. Oddly enough, their hair is always colored shades of white or silver, with their eyes being the same. Their flesh is very pale, not seeming to be affected by sunlight. They are tallish, and can possess a variety of body builds. They are human in all regards except one…the large white wings sprouting from their backs. They can shrink though….good news is that they won’t interfere with their everyday lives; however, they can be extended to a wingspan large enough to lift their 120 pound plus frames. It really is a miracle. They are often hailed as something other than human, due to their resemblance to the servants of the Gods in the Annals.

Mammalian- Yeah….fur-fags am I right? Werewolves, whatever you want to call em, they are all humanoid life forms covered in fur. You can relate yours to any rodent, canine, feline, etc that you want to. They possess hands with thumbs (and claws =D), but have the feet of whatever animal you want to mimic. It is rather varied..given the wide range of species. Mammalian faces are covered in fur, and they have that animal’s face.

Mer-folk- These are a rather solitary race living on the isles off the coast of the Choking Marsh. They are normally human height, never exceeding 7 feet tall. They are lean and muscular, built like a swimmer or runner. They skin is a shade of blue, green, or similar colors. They do possess normal hair of natural human colors. Their eyes are a myriad of colors. The have slightly webbed hands and feet and gills on their neck. They can breathe in or out of water. Their hands and feet possess 2-3 inch claws on them and their teeth are very sharp. Their skin is covered in a mucus-water solution for ease of movement and for health reason.

Valkris- The Valkris are a distant cousin and offshoot of the Valkyrian, either that or the Valkyrian are an offshoot of them! They share similarities with the Valkyrian, such as their hair and fair complexian. However, the defining characteristic of the Valkris is there lack of eyes. This race is the only one to completely lack a sense of sight completely. They do possess pits where eyes should be; however, nothing fills them. Do to this, most people tend to find them a bit...off. Of course, it is common for them to cover this characteristic with a cloth. In addition to this, the Valkrin are tall, it not being uncommon for them to reach seven feet. Typically, they are muscled in long, thin cords that are quite obvious and visible when they move. Most of their muscles are fast twitch, meaning they are more meant for quick, sudden movement then prolonged use. Another interesting thing is their veins, which are not blue but a silvery, glowing color. Valkris tend to have a sense of grace and elegance about them. Despite their lack of eyes, the race apperently can "See" in some way, but no one knows how. They have a variety of appearences, even diverging from the races stereotype, but are quite obvious due to their regal appearence. It is rumored that both the Valkris and the Valkyrian were the "chosen" of many gods.

Mating- Alright, thank Viktor Lefte for this section, he caught my lack of necessary information on this section! Alright then, I can play along and clarify this. Reproduction has occurred between those races with similar builds, bodies, and chromosomes. In essence, a human can not successfully reproduce with an orc….they could try if both wanted to. Humans, dwarves, and elves have all reproduced before with the other. It forms a kind of mix of the two. As in, a dwarf/human is actually taller than most dwarves, but shorter than most humans. It is a hybrid and likely strong people. Orcs, trolls, and goblins can all reproduce successfully and have as well. All of the races do reproduce sexually, but some are much more confined to their own species. Aviaks do not hybridize, and neither do mammalian for the most part. Aviaks actually can not, because they actually give birth like birds do….eggs. All others follow mammal reproduction.

At this moment in time, that is all I can think of, my apologies to you all. If you do wish to have another race as your character, then pm me the details if it is not too much trouble, I would love to hear about your idea!

The Story

At the dawn of time, when sentient life had just begun to dot the land of Narazor, the ebbs and flowing currents of the magical Dream Realm were beginning to swirl violently. As thinking creatures, the many races that had been placed upon the planet by biological means, without a God’s interference, simply could not fathom why that had occurred. Seeking some source of solace or explanation for this event, they turned towards their hearts and the desire to belong as part of some larger scheme. On this newly formed world of deserts, marshes, tundra and forests, the myriad of souls, all different, cried out for some being to guide them. Within the Dream Realm, the eddies and bumps of magic were more than happy to oblige. With the unspoken spell of summoning, a group of deities were formed.

For several centuries, everything was peaceful; the Gods walked the earth, spreading their own unique philosophies, and there were hundreds of such icons to magic and religion. They were worshipped; many just tiny local groups of people banded around one demi-god. People had a purpose and a grand being to serve. There was no need for government or kingdoms, markers or boundaries. Life was good on Narazor; no one had any complaints.

However, with the evils hiding within the murky water of the human soul came Gods to mirror such emotions and thoughts. These terrors and nightmares were not content to merely stand by like any other thing; they desired power, and dominance over their pure cousins. The stage was set for The Sundering, as it was later referred to as. Blindly let like sheep to a slaughter, these dark gods led their cults of worshippers into battle against those of the innocent people. Blood was spilled in rivers before the pure deities could lift a finger. These Gods fought for a millennia….all races dying, new races forming in their footsteps. The world reshaped itself countless times before an end was reached in this titanic conflict.

After the many centuries of constant war, a peace was reached. Not a peace similar to an end of a war…with a single grand, pure God left, the four remaining negative ones were sealed away behind the Horned Gate in the Dream World. For once, peace reigned once more across the world, countries sprung up without the Gods’ leadership and helpfulness. With only the one God left, a centralized religion was formed amongst most people; however, without his powerful brothers and sisters, he retreated back into the Dream Realm, leaving a scion of his to keep watch over the world in case he was needed once more.

Now, centuries later, a taste of the old gods is being felt once more, the winds of fate in the Dream World gusting again. For the first time since The Sundering, those four evil gods who had been banished behind the Gate had a chance of breaking out of their binds, but this time, there is one other deity spear-heading their charge, one that is easily a match for the one remaining pure God of the ancient times.

However, within the Dream Realm, the defeated pure gods of old are resurfacing, kept alive by a tiny belief in their existence. Now, those who possess followers can be awoken, granting their strength to their subjects. From the Horned Gate in the Dream, leaks the tainted essence of this new Evil, formed from the lesser horrors, and it has found itself a scion, one to herald its coming into this world.

Geographic Regions
Now, some areas do possess certain ethnicities or races in slightly larger quantities than others, this is unavoidable as each culture has a lore of its own and they would naturally be drawn to the place that naturally suited them. Given this piece of information, all kingdoms have an open policy with no racial restrictions. Mainly, it just has a slightly higher percentage of dwarves in the mountains, Regais in the Regailen etc. This is also, by no means, a set in stone geography. There are graduations in climate and landforms as the regions start to get closer to the others.

The south-western swampland; Estiga, the Choking Marsh.

In the lower southwest corner of the Southern Kingdom lies the Choking Marsh, a once prosperous forest cast into a state of disease and famine, this place used to be the home of many temples that now lie sunk into the many lakes that dot the land. The air is almost a muggy green in appearance, the fog taking in most of the diseased water to reflect this color. Certain parts of the Marsh are still unexplored due to the many dangerous creatures that lurk beneath the water and foliage of this desolate land which prey on the brave souls who dare adventure out so far.

Most of the plant life is simple vines crawling up the trees clinging to life as they hand over the marsh land below, there are sometimes patches of wild flowers that grow here and there, but only near were the marsh starts to become a much lusher green; where it starts to become the forest. On the other end of the swamp is an ocean that is silent, the waves lapping up against the mucky shores of the swamp land. This ocean had once risen up and swallowed the ancient temples of the once luscious green forest, turning it to a swamp cursed by some ancient god forgotten to lore.

The Forest; Regailen, Home of the Regai.

The forest starts were the swamp begins to end and covers most of the eastern and center parts of the continent, the trees are mostly green year-round, with no dedicated pattern to the forest. It is constantly changing in vegetation, meadows spotted here and there, and it is the original home of the Regai, the Tree spirits. The wildlife of the forest is often the calm animals such as deer, rabbits, some species of bird, and the more dangerous animals such as the panther and bear. There are unknown beasts lurking within the shadows, although never spotted.

In the most eastern section of the forest is a small city, the houses in the trees and ground, a very welcoming community to the outsiders that come across them. It is mostly a gathering community, supporting everyone who lives with it by foraging and gathering from the forests around them. It is sometimes raided by savages, but they always end up rebuilding. To the south of the forest lies the Grasslands of the Southern kingdom and to the north lies the tundra of the Northern Kingdom. To the east of the forest is another ocean.

The Tundra; Fralii, Frozen plains of the north

The tundra of the north is dotted with trees here and there, sheets of ice randomly placed over the small ponds around it. It is mostly home to small villages, some friendly and some ignorant of outsiders entering within their boundaries. This is the home to many assorted races, having no defined race as being born within the confines of this region. In the northern most region of Fralii rests the Northern Kingdom, home of the worshippers of the pure god.

Only pine trees and frozen grass exist for foliage in the Tundra of Fralii, as the climate sometimes changes to a short summer in which the wind still blows cold and it comes to resemble the grasslands of the south. Although winter is quick to return, farms can be grown quickly using certain magics.

The Mountains; Dimunda, Artic Mountains of the Dwarves

Behind the northern kingdom lies the mountain region of Dimunda, the region the Dwarves first found themselves awakening in, this region stretches from the north eastern shore to the north western shore. Building cities within the caves of the mountains they came across several minerals such as Iron, Gold, Silver, and Copper. They also found precious gemstones which were held at a high price. The Dwarves where truly the first to make steel weaponry, until the discovery of iron and coal, the weapons of the world had been made from iron alone.

Once the Dwarves discovered steel through an accident involving the smelting of Iron and Coal together; they formed the first steel weapons and armor from them. A dwarves made city rests in the caves, as well as ones being scattered across the mountains left unattended during these times.

The Southern Grasslands; Tarmian, Pastures of the South

The southern grasslands not only house the Southern Kingdom, but is a large basis for farming amongst the world. Animals are plentiful in these lands, however sources of water are only small ponds and the river near the center east. Homes dot the landscape and only a small village exists outside of the kingdom as far as community goes, it is typically a poor community as well. The elevation is flat, and parts of the Choking Marsh can be seen at the Southwestern edge.

To the north are the forests of Regai, to the east are the forests of Regai, and to the east are the forests of Regai. To the south would be the kingdom, standing tall amongst the flat land, it is truly a meadow surrounded on three sides by forest.

The Choking Marsh Isles; Casro, home of the Mer-folk

Off the Choking Marsh lies a small chain of mysterious isles, mostly unmapped and forgotten about. This is the home of the Mer-Folk, who built cities on the shores and near the center isles. Very tropical.

Choking Marsh:
This area is very, -very- humid. It is almost constantly raining, and the air is also poisonous the further west you go. The acidic content of the rain also increases the farther west you go.

The Forest Home of the Regai:
This area is slightly humid, but constantly at a low heat due to the shadows cast by the trees. It is sometimes rainy in this area, but is mostly nice during the day and cool at night.

The Tundra:
Incredibly cold, constantly snowing. The winds blow anywhere from 30 to 50 miles per hour, it is livable but is not suitable for farming unless it is the ‘summer’ time in the Tundra.

The Mountains:
Quite cold, colder than the Tundra. The winds aren’t as prominent here and the snow has stopping points during the day, it is mostly good for mining and hiking. There is barely any suitable ground for farming.

The Southern Grasslands:
Hot. Without the shade of trees or clouds, the Grasslands tend to get incredibly hot during the summer. The winter’s here are brief, and bring minimal moisture to the land. It is in a state of dehydration, and use of water is limited as ordered by the southern capitol.

Magic

The magic’s of the world revolve around 4 base elements along with 3 outer elements, the 4 base elements have shrines each to their own in the five regions of the world. The 3 outer elemental shrines are housed within the Northern and Southern kingdoms. The four base elements are considered neutral, being used by any mage of any realm, of any affiliation to any god. However, Light is an element primarily available to those of the Priesthood or Brotherhood. Shadow, similarly, is frowned upon as an “unholy” elemental force. Those who delve to deeply into Shadow are commonly referred to as “Necromancers” due to the fact that it can involve such arts. In addition to these elements, those worshippers of the Horned Gods (the four that were imprisoned and the one that was formed from their essences) also possess a magic of their own if they are a magi. These “Daemon Arts” are considered unlawful in the Northern Realm and very frowned upon elsewhere. These magics can be varied and it is up to your interpretation of it, but, they often involve summoning, sacrifices, and various other sinful creations.

The first element; Incendiary (Fire)
Symbol: Upside down Y with a cross out through the middle.
Month: Incendi
Constellation: Cendar

The second element; Aer (Wind)
Symbol: æ
Month: Ae
Constellation: Re

The third element; Tarm (Earth)
Symbol: •
Month: Tarma
Constellation: Istan

The Fourth Element: Hyrdin (Water)
Symbol: §
Month: Hyrdos
Constellation: Llythor

The First Outer Element: Illuminato (Light)
Symbol: ‡
Month: Illumini
Constellation: Hisarn

The Second Outer Element: Umbrai (shadow)
Symbol: ¥
Month: Umrai
Constellation: Rin

The Third Outer Element: Chono/Psycia (Time/Mind)
Symbol: None.
Month: Chro/Psy
Constellation: The Hourglass/The Eagle
(Time benders are impossible to find, and the only things they can do is slow down time around them in a 50 yard radius, and see into the past/future. They cannot travel in time, this is basically a Mental/Time state of element.)

Lightning- Yes, we are missing this element for one simple reason; I could not think of what to do with it in the initial creation. This element of nature has always been hard to place, some consider it energy related like fire, and thus it is put there for some rps. In some cases, it is defined as a form of light or holy energy. For this roleplay, it is considered Aer, due to its atmospheric nature. This is NOT saying that if you can use wind that you can automatically use lightning, that is not the case. As we all know, lightning is formed from rapidly moving air particles collide, creating a transfer of charge which eventually builds up into an elctro-static discharge known as LIGHTNING. Lightning is a different style, thus requiring a different affinity. It is much more precise, not like blowing wind gusts. Also, standard magic of this art is not like a lightning from the sky...it is generalyl of a smaller scale.

Weaponry and Armor
Alright guys, likely the most important part of many things, weapons and armor! You can use any weapon you like that does not involve modern tech, gunpowder, or is some kind of 20000 foot long spear. Keep it realistic (within reason), as in, a five foot long blade is fine, as long as you wield it with the restrictions such a weapon would have. Swords, axes, hammer, spears, javelins, bows, daggers, hand blades, knuckle dusters, claws, slings, pikes, falchions, Japanese weaponry, and anything of the like is acceptable with a good definition and explanation of what it is. You can even forge something that doesn’t fit into another weapon category! I am trusting your judgement on how much weaponry you can have. If you have 5 claymores, or even two, that is not exactly right. Please, use your judgement on what is too much. You can have a magical weapon.....just don’t god modd, it is likely your only weapon, and explain how you got it.

Armor, alright then. You know what you can do in terms of weapons, but what about your protection against attack? Quite simply, anything you see in another fantasy rp. Robes, leather, chain mail, scale male, lamellar, plate are all viable options, given you will be encumbered by the weight of it. Keep it realistic in terms of mobility if you are wearing a tin can. There can also be magical defences! Your armor can be expertly crafted, like your weapon can, as long as you can explain how you acquired the ability to obtain such an item. Just remember, your armor will get dings, scratches, indents and piercings. Sure, you can have it repaired if you are passing by the local blacksmiths shop (we are going to assume you do so if you enter a city) but if you are out in the wilderness, those injuries to your armor will be there. Realism after all.

Magic as a weapon, sure, of course. However, it does count as a weapon; for the sake of no god moding, we can’t have a plate wearing, great sword swinging battle mage with access to all magic. You can actually use several schools of magic if you so choose, but keep your character within the boundaries and limitations in terms of strength. I will say this though, do not wield polar opposite magics. This includes fire and water, light and shadow, and wind and earth. Those are the major ones. The principles of opposite styles would clash so violently it is ridiculous. Depending on your skill in magicka, it could be considered a “dagger” or a “claymore”.

The Bestiary
Remember, you are in no way limited to this at all; Narazor has a wide variety of angry beasts, critters, things, and what-have-you’s. This is just a short compilation to give you a general idea of what all you can do! It serves to spark your creativity and provide a tint to the canvas of this role-play. If you do have an idea for another creature, please inform of it to get the acknowledgement.

Ogres and Giants- Believe it or not, there is actually a distinction between the two. Both are general terms used to describe broad ranges of large, often disgusting creatures that are generally humanoid in shape and appearance. Giants, generally, are stupid, massive things around 12-15 feet tall that just wander around in high elevation areas. They look human, but with a big, broad face and boils covering their skin. They typically wear a loin cloth, or even nothing and smell completely rancid. Ogres are similar, if somewhat smaller, and having a greenish tint to their skin. They are typically more obese than giants and have an odd obsession with eating anything that moves.

Pixies, nymphs, fairies, fey, or fae- These are the multitude of names associated with those stupid, half foot tall buggers that fly around your face getting dust in your eyes. They are miniature humans, except with large butterfly wings on their backs. They live in “nests” in woods or darn near anywhere, and have a rather troublesome, pesky nature. They are territorial and often come out in larger numbers.

Serpent- No, a serpent is not the exact same thing as a snake, although they like similar. A snake, growing up to about ten feet in length at MOST, is a meek tempered little kitten compared to these things. Several live deep within the Choking Marsh, and can grow up to an undefined length and thickness. Sea Serpents are even more massive. Typically, their scales are large and more rugged than a snake’s, and their head is more dragon-ish.

Drake- A drake is actually slightly different from a dragon, despite the names being used interchangeably. A drake is much smaller and more lizard like, being stream-lined and on all fours. Unlike dragons, which have large wings and can fly, drakes do not have either. They have a long, thick tale, and simply look like a thing, large lizard up to 15 feet long.

Dragon- A dragon is a much larger, stockier being, being as big as a house with massive wings, a thick neck, and enormous claws. They are typical based on their surroundings and are often in hibernation for a large part of the annual cycle. They can breathe fire, or in some cases, ice. They are covered in spikes and protrusions and their scales are as tough and stone. They can be over 50 feet long and 20 feet or more at the shoulder. We are going on the western interpretation of the term.

Minotaur- The mythical, giant-sized cow monsters! No, a minotaur has deer legs, very large, muscular, furry deer legs. They have a humanoid upper body, albeit very massive and have the head of a bull. That is pretty much all there is to them!

Kraken- Also a creature of epic proportions, the Kraken are a species of massive, tentacle-possessing sea creatures. The size of these things exceeds that of the serpents that live in the deep. Kraken are typically something resembling a squid in myth, but not many have seen them clearly and lived. Such creatures are part of the reason why most boats travel near the coastline, out of the way of these behemoths. There is no description of them; however, it is rumoured they were the pets of one of the Old Gods.

Roc- These are most certainly not your normal birds, measuring about 2/3 the size of a mature dragon, they are seen as creatures of myth and legend as well. They are typically a brownish color, with a myriad of golden feathers adoring their plumage. They are eagle or hawk-like in appearance but on a much larger scale. Rocs are intelligent, and do possess thought and reasoning; however, they can not speak any humanoid tongue, but mages of the mind arts have claimed to speak with them.

Imp- Imps are one of the most annoying and pesky of any creature. Measuring one feet to one and a half feet, these creepy little things are the nuisance to everyone. According to rumor, imps are demons. Many people get a good laugh at of this, not seeing how they could be a demon at all! However, the rumors are, in fact, true. They have an ash colored skin with green veins popping out. Their limbs are reverse jointed, and a pair of bat-like wings are mounted on their back. They possess a human face, similar to a goblin’s actually, but more twisted with flames for eyes. They have claws on their hands and feet and are rather spiders in terms of build. They are mostly harmless, but those claws are sharp!

Aquib- These are interesting things. They are a symbiotic mass of amoeba like creatures that merge together to form a thinking, shaped mass. Of course, you can’t really KILL them either....you’d have to completely incinerate the mass, or freeze them, or just plain cut them to ribbons. They can form a humanoid shape, or any shape, but always maintain their gel-like, clear appearance. They think basically, like a group of undeveloped minds combining together.

Critters- deer, rabbits, birds, squirrels, bears, tigers, lions, hawks, eagles, dogs, cats, panthers, etc. Anything in our world is in this one.
Religion and Gods
As stated in “The Story”, the creation of the world and its inhabitants is cloudy and hidden in smoke. There is no trace of the all-powerful being that melded Narazor out of the fabric of the Dream World. The oldest beings tell tales of a being known as Gaia, the Matron of the Earth; however, no one can prove this and it has been labelled unimportant to the world. At the beginning of time, the humanoid forms on the earth longed for some method of further explaining themselves, giving them a purpose. Due to this spark, a fire was formed within the Dream Realm, causing the emergence of beings formed of the pure essence of that place. These beings, Gods in their own right, descended to Narazor to guide their people and fulfil the void in their hearts.

This is the foundation for the religion of Narazor, worship of this myriad od demi-gods and gods. Each being represents some ideal, aspect, moral, emotion, or thought, giving life to the full range of humanities inner thoughts. At present, many people have banded under the Alkai, also known by a myriad of other names. He is the one God who survived the war without his physical form perishing, and who sealed the four evil gods behind the Horned Gate. The Northern Kingdom is especially drawn to this deity. However, it is not uncommon for people to worship many such beings, but one is almost always most important to them and their lives.

The Gods that are worshipped often contact their loyal followers from the Dream Plane, almost always during prayer, worship, or slumber. Each God does bless one person who they have chosen as their Priest or Scion with a direct link to them, and powers similar to what they would wield in their physical forms. This is the basic religion of the land. Worship is determined by which group of people and which god they are holding in high esteem. The powers and strength given by the gods are not given to everyone and are certainly varied in strength and use. However, the God is stronger the more supporters it possesses; although, the stronger gods are less generous in granting their favour.

Here is a list of God's people have mentioned and/or created!

K'alir (Idea by Myth) -The God K'alir often walked the woods of Regailen, spreading his earthen powers, making the flowers and animals flourish. Where ever he stepped, the grass would grow and flowers would spring up. He loved the flora and the fauna, and wished to make an intelligent companion of one. So he searched far and wide, but could not find a creature intelligent enough among all the critters of the world. He decided to fashion one himself, since one could not be found. He made a creature, fashioned it after the vulpine creatures he favored over the rest for their cunning ways. He called the creature Vulpa, and it was the only one of it's kind. He poured some of his power into the creature, making it capable of earthen magic. When he was finished, he breathed life into it, and watched it frolic among the trees, curious of it's new existence. After a short while he realized that the creature needed a way to communicate, so he granted it the gift of telepathy. They lived in peace in Regailen for a long time, until they encountered some of the humanoid creatures. The humans cowered in fear of Vulpa, and tried to chase her away. He knew this saddened her, so he set about to rectify the problem. He granted Vulpa a new gift. The ability to change to a more humanoid form. With this, he and Vulpa could move among the humans without worry.

Alkai- The God Alkai is acknowledged by almost everyone. He is the figure that banished the four remaining dominant, evil gods from the face of Narazor and chained them behind the Horned Gate. Alkai is viewed as a holy god, symbolizing all that is pure and good of heart. It has been centuries since he walked the earth and his powers are unknown; although, many speculate that those blessed by him are in control of the element Illuminati. If anything is considered "holy" in the world, then it is the god Alkai. His followers are especially strong in the Northern Kingdom. His priest is known as King Ralonec, Lord of the Lion Throne.

The Kingdoms
The world of Narazor consists of 5 realms, 4 of which are major. In addition to these, there are also 2 “undergrounds” that exist within the Marsh, and Southern Kingdom respectively. Each kingdom has a unique, or slightly unique, government and a general life style. Given that all kingdoms are open to all races, any high percentage of one race is likely due to a love of that particular geographic region. Any description is GENERAL, not written in stone.

The Northern Kingdom- Seran’vor.

This realm, often referred to as the Northern Kingdom, lies north of the Regailen, covering vast expanses of semi-arctic to arctic lands. The people here are large and big boned a hardy and healthy breed. They are close knit, but more than willing to accept anyone that needs aid. The Northerners are very strong in their faith of the Alkai, although they do worship other deities. Their King is honoured as the Chosen of the Light, the Alkai’s Scion on Narazor. He is held in high esteem, but does not flaunt his status over anyone. He single-handed governs his realm, and although there is little crime, any offense is dealt with harshly and quickly. Due to the nature of it, there are no majorities here, except a slightly higher human presence.

The Southern Kingdom- Kairo’var

Kairo’var, more commonly called the Southern Kingdom lies right across from its Northern sister, split by the Regailen. It borders the great forest to the south, being a temperate plain in the north with scatterings of groves, to a dry, hot savannah in the southern area. The people were are not quite as sturdy as those of the north, and much more varied. However, it is known that their love of Alkai is not as strong, a large number falling into the spiral of the Evil Gods. They are ruled by a king, guided by his council of elders.

The Regai’var, The Forest Kingdom

This region, a highly forested area, goes from the north-eastern Choking Marsh, across the border of the two Kingdoms, and then fans out to the east. This is the ancestral home of the Regai and Aviak. As such, these two races are well represented here and are slightly more numerous in this locale then the other races. It is almost entirely forest, buildings being built on the floor and in the trees. The government is incredibly loose, almost being none at all. Due to this, theifs and brigands often pillage the cities there, but the people always rebuild. The climate is varying depending on the location of the forest, getting more humid near the oceans. Mostly, it is an evergreen forest with mixed in oak and other hard woods. There is a group of people who serve as the Coucil to run the region and have negotiations with other countries.

The Solas Isles, the So’kai’var.

The islands are a mix of beaches, rocky, and tropical islands and isles that lie off the south west coast of the Marsh. The people here are ENTIRELY mer-folk. The government is tribal councils and elders. They have a xenophobic policy. The islands aren’t large, but they are close together and numerous so that the inhabitants can easily swim between their cities. It is tropical.

Dimunda; Kaimun’var
The so-called “Home of the Dwarves” although there are not midgets as far as the eye can see, there certainly are slightly more of them then elsewhere. This region is far to the north, to the north-east of the Northern Kingdom, and is arctic in nature. There are not as many winds due to the calm atmosphere here, but the amount of ice and chill more than makes up for it. Within the mountain are cities carved from stone, a tribute to dwarven masonry. They are ruled by the Dwarven King, also known as the King under the Mountain. It is also a complete monarchy.

Within the southern kingdom, the seeds of corruption and occult have been planted, forming an underground of evil god worshipping fanatics. They are often sneaky, hidden from society so as not to draw attention. They are the worshippers attempting to bring the old gods back.

Within The Choking Marsh lies a hidden and ancient underground. The deeper marshes, rumoured to be cursed, often taint and corrupt their visitors. In addition, many of the cults hide within the boundary of the marsh in order to escape persecution.

Factions:
Here are the list of factions....you can create your own as described in the profile,; however, this is the list so far of what people have come up with!

Northern Kingdom Royal Guard (The Lion Guard): This elite group of combat vets or specialists is the very pinacle of perfection in terms of military skill and ability within the Northern Kingdom. Quite frankly, these serve as both the defeners of the King as well as his own "agents" if he needs a job done, and he wants it done thoroughly. There isn't a skill set required for this and the faction ranges from archers, to mages, to soldiers, to rogue-ish types. If one possesses a skill, and a sense of loyalty, they can become part of the Lion Guard. Of course, such dedicated soldiers are screened by the elder soldiers within this company to ensure they are not a liability or threat to their master. The Royal Guard defend the King's castle and personal quarters. He is the head cheif and officer of this corp and takes great pride in it. Of course, there are ranks within the Royal Guard; however, suffice to say they are held in high-esteem by the normal foot troopers of the army.

Profiles!
Please adhere to the brief guidelines here, a solid character can mean the world between an rp crashing and burning or flourishing into a work of art. Be creative and unique, but please obey this template

Name: (your first and last name, middle name, nickname etc)
Age: (How long you have been alive, age is relative to how long lived your race is)
Sex: (Gender, whether you got XX chromosomes or XY)
Race: (What culture you are a part of)
Kingdom/Birthplace: (What kingdom do you consider your home?)
Affiliation: (if you are linked with a certain faction, this is where you can put it! You can even make your own, but clear it with me first!)
Appearance: (What you look like, be as descriptive as possible. You can use a picture if you prefer)
Personality: (Don’t give it away, but what are you generally like in your nature?)
Equipment: (What all do you carry around.)
Religion: (If you are interested in bringing up a God from the old world….sure, why not? But clear it with me!)
Bio: (If you don’t want to have a short bio and prefer to rp out history in the rp, fine. If you do want one, I look forward to reading it)
Extra: (Anything else you can imagine. If you can even put something serious in here I’ll give you a fricken medal….this is a long profile and I tried to be thorough with it!)

Once you have finished your profile, please read the following, it is the first post I will NPC out in the IC thread! This provides the beginning of our tale.

Through the Horned-Gods gateways of slumber,
Through the macabre and twisted halls of dream,
Lost amidst the vast corridors of wonder,
The histories of worlds whirl and dance for the sleeping queen,
Her every movement casting time and space asunder.

Rotting incense burned in several braziers around the sickening main room of the Church of the Deities, a desecrated ruin of its former glory. Those that tended to this place had prepared for this day for years; at the behest of the dark gods they served, they had waited diligently as their masters battered the gates that chained them inside the world of dream and nightmare.
The day drifted into an eerie twilight about the ancient church, the fading rays glistening off of the mold one final time that day. As the sun passed below the long horizon, dark thunderheads zoned in on the battered chapel, as if commanded to be there on this dark day. Hundreds of zealous servants of the Dark walked up the hill on which the monastery sat.
A ghostly wail arose from there mouths as if the mass was all controlled by one massive mind. As the heretics walked slowly into the candlelight, there horrid features were illuminated. Their clothes were dirty and tattered, their eyes shallow and without the spark that had been there, and their flesh was coated in all manner of wounds, tattoos, and pestilences. Worshipping these Gods was said to bring about such changes in humans; however, for those few that were Chosen by the Gods, much greater changes were given.
Hordes of zealots and worshippers rushed towards the chapel of the grounds, aware of the ritual being performed there. Amongst the crowd, was one man, untainted in the usual ways. His eyes were bronze orbs set into pits from which fiery veins flowed over his eyes sockets and forehead. The depths of his eyes held a flame, a flame that spoke of pure pain and the worst torments possible. His robes absorbed all light, and this man commanded the people to stay away from him; he thought that they were unworthy of him. Once more, lightning flashed, and the horde of cultists filed into the vast alter chamber. The place was large enough to hold every one of the hundreds gathered.
At the alter, stood four figures, each one a representation of the God they had dedicated their lives to. Raun, the priest of war, stood furthest to the left, then Doru, the Priest of Death, then Saur, the Priest of Swarms and Pestilence, and finally, Khar, Priest of Sin. They differed in appearance, each representing their aspect perfectly. Raun, his armor black, but drenched in blood, continuously bled from a hundred wounds received in battle. Doru, cloaked in his hooded robe that drunk in all light, leisurely licked the blade of his scythe. Saur, to the disgust of many, was rotten. His flesh had gaping holes, maggots crawled through his skin, and he appeared to be a rotten cadaver. Finally, Khar the Sinner appeared normal, completely human. His form mocked the race from which he came; however, he truly had no form of which to call his own.
The alter before which they stood was coated in layers upon layers of blood, with the sigils carved into it glowing with the demonic energy gathered. The vile rituals performed here still lingered and screamed to those who would listen. Those gathered here had literally been led to the slaughter. As the hordes and masses kneeled in front of the alter, War slaughtered them where they stood, offering their souls and blood to the God’s in an effort to weaken their prison. Hundreds were massacred in a few minutes, the blood gushed from severed heads and limbs. Geysers of bodily fluids drenched the walls and sealing, draining down as if it were some sick mural. The windows had become opaque, and War actually smiled as the innards of his victims rained down on him.
The one remaining figure stood, his tattooed hands decorated with ink and sigils carved into his flesh, clapped. “Very nice, Priest, most amusing.” His voice was chilling, even to the priests, and the emitted aura was one of pure terror. The voice made the priests shudder, unable to believe what they were hearing. War, with courage unending, stepped forth. “Who are you to defy the God’s Sacrifice?! You have denied them their rights!” The black robed figure stepped forward, his eyes ablaze. “Me? Deny the God’s?” He laughed a small chuckle at first, then growing into a crescendo that sounded as if it had been created by a chorus of dead souls. “How ignorant you are. And here I thought you people might have been of some use to me. Are you such fools that you can not see the Chosen of the Gods before you?! I have come to deliver death to those that would deny the existence of the master I serve.” Sin, always prideful of himself, approached the unknown figure. “We serve better than any, you are the fool False Speaker. You’re very word is blasphemy”
Slowly, ever so slowly, the man grasped a hold of the unfortunate Priest’s neck, and forced him to look into his eyes. The depths of pain stored there were far past what a human could endure, but then again, this creature wasn’t human anymore. Sin spasmed violently, his bowels losing control of themselves in shear terror; however the worst was still to come.
This robed man, put his face inches from the squirming man, and let lose a shriek that broke windows. The convulsing man shuddered as his soul, translucent and faintly blue, drained from his eyes, nose and mouth, and into the creature.
“Where is your so called ‘God’s’ now! Your masters are but leaves on the wind compared to the power I serve; you honestly think that beings of such power could stand being in such close confines as the dream prison, and retain their selves? No, they have fused into one great being of whos aspects you represent. The End comes, and I am meant to be the Harbinger of that fate.”
Having seen what happened to their comrade, the aspects were cowed beyond belief. This…thing, had just sucked the essence out of a near soulless creature. All three of them understood that this demon was beyond their abilities. Their only hope was to appease him so that they may yet live.
Nonchalantly, the being strode up to the alter, and opened his mouth. The souls of the hundred recently dead flowed into him as his body convulsed with the intake. Slowly, his eyes opened the flames there burning as hot as white flames with the strength of the souls he had claimed. He cut his own wrist on the razor sharp edge of the alter, and blood drained from him.
The vile fluid that spewed forth was black, tainted by the sin of those souls he had fed on. The ruins burned brighter and the souls fuelled the demolishing of the Dream Gate behind which the coalescing figure of the Horned-Gods awoke. Finally, after a long time, the demon-man had drained all that would come forth from his body; he did not even seem to notice the liters upon liters of blood that he had released.
He spoke in his knife-sharp voice once more. “Now do you see? This is what I bring, the destiny granted to you is true. You will be granted the chance to serve your lords…” The figure strode up to the three Demon Priests and gazed at their inferiority. He chuckled before completing his sentence. “….and in death, your life force will feed them!” He screamed maniacally, tearing the hearts from the Disciples’ chests, fitting them into the three grooves on the alter. The rune sigils awoke, draining the power from the hearts like a thirsty baby drinks water.
Arano’rkh walked casually down the blood splattered slopes of the desecrated Church of the Holy Spirits. Knowing that he must travel to the next Church in need of cleansing. The old heretics would fuel his destiny. The representative of the newly formed God laughed, his chuckles bringing forth red streaks of lightning from the sky. Everyone would soon understand the new God’s name; this being, as strong as War, Plague, Sin, and Death combined, had blessed this man with his strength.
The Gates of the Horned-God’s shuddered in the Dream World as the beast awoke. His cry pierced through the uninhabited realm as he let forth his rage. Attuned to this creature, Arano’rkh heard the cry and understood that the day was close. The Priest of Doom tread along the road, the black armor that he wore drained life, light, and hope. His blade was the bringer of Armeggedon. Doom was coming, and the ancient prophecy would be fulfilled with one small adjustment. This time, Thayanor the Assassin would kill the Chosen of Light, the great and might, King Ralonec.

Also, when you are done, please read this. It intro's one of the factions, but I didn't list it because someone needs to breath life into it. It desribes the forging of powerful weapons within the faction, and the man in it is King Ralonec of the Northern Kingdom. This blade is one, if not THE, most powerful and potent magical talisman ever assembled. I decided to cut it off at 1000 words however, so as not to bore you.....

A sword. A simple blade, fashioned for the purpose of saving and killing. No, not just a sword, the sword he would perform his duties to the world with.. This was the object that would give purpose to the thirteen years he had spent in the Barracks of Ulthanar since he was the age of ten. These thoughts flashed through Ralonec's mind as he ascending the gleaming crystal alter that was the center of the Barracks. All five of his teachers stood there, even now holding the power to caste him from this place for eternity. The ancient, expressionless faces stared at him, the lines in them like cracks in a mountain. Each of the instructors held his own weapon, a blade forged hundreds of years ago between the burning flames of the Great Forge and the arcane invocations of the Magi. Ralonec was confident that he was ready for his graduation here; after all, he had been one of the best in his class, excelling to the point of bringing pain upon himself. As custom dictated, he had spent all of the pervious night in meditation and prayer, thinking over his purpose of becoming a knight. As he approached the vast Alter, he saw the faintest glimmer in Thorin’s eye. Ralonec had always wanted to be like Thorin, and he had planned too fashion his own weapon after the ancient’s noble blade. Before him, standing behind the Alter, ram-rod straight, his face a giant thunderhead, was Barronar. The leader of their Order, he was ancient beyond measure, his own weapon was massive, unable to be wielded by anyone but him. When Ralonec had kneeled in front of the alter, the Lord Barronar spoke. “Ralonec!” His voice boomed, echoing around the table. Its strength easily recognized as only able to belong to the leader of the Knights. “You have done well in your 13 years here. You have trained hard, harder then most ever have; however, this day there is one last test you must pass.” His voice took on a grave tone, as if oh so many had failed here when they were so close. “The forging of a sword is your final task, but as simple as this seems, you must also forge a bond between you and your blade. The Great Forge behind me is a magical furnace, build in the dawn of time, and you must forge a magnificent blade…but also accustom it only to you. You and your sword must possess a synergy similar to that of me and my weapon. Good luck young Novice” Ralonec was shamed to still be called the title of a trainee at the academy, but he was to busy thinking about this task. How could you create a bond like that? Wasn’t that only the ability of the Ancient Masters of Ulthanar? Thorin moved, opening the giant gate behind the alter. “Enter!” He spoke, and then as an after thought, “Good luck, Ralonec.” The young man of his first quarter entered through the gate.
This magnificent forge was something of the likes he had never seen. The piles upon piles of ores stacked the chests and shelves of the left wall, all possibilities of a magnificent alloy. The furnace stood in the rooms center, flamed billowing out and attaining temperatures far above the heat of a standard blacksmith’s forge. On the right, were gems, jewels, pommels, hand guards, and all forms of decorative runes and sigils. Ralonec was shocked by the grandeur of it all. Behind the forge, there was another door, not so much a physical door as one of magical properties and one that would only open after the task had been completed. Not knowing where to start, he ran his hands over the precious metals on the left wall. He slowly named them by their feel and texture, as the wise Thorin had taught him; Iron, gold, silver, mithril, true silver, copper, adamantium, terranium, and all other kind of magical metals that he didn’t know. He strode over to the right wall, his excitement unmatched, and gazed at the mass of emeralds, diamonds, rubies, berels, topaz, lapis lazules, sapphires, opals, and amatheys. His mind couldn’t comprehend what he was supposed to do. The process of forging had been drilled into him; however, there were so many items here that he didn’t know how to work with. The enormity of his final test threatened to overwhelm him, but he uttered the ancient litanies he had learned, and understood what must be done. Ralonec didn’t worry about doing anything, he just acted. His hands smelted exact ratios of tens of different metals, forming the basis for the blade. Once more, his hands worked on their own, forming a different alloy for the handle of his sacred weapon. With the alloys created, he set to heating them, hammering them, and cooling them in an elaborate recipe even he did not know. It took several hours of this to achieve his subconscious’ goal. However, the task was nowhere near complete, and he stepped near the massive grinding stone. Somehow, his brain knew just how sharp the blade needed to be, forming its edge so that it was unable to be any sharper. Without realizing what happened, he set the hand guard and pommel, not realizing what gems he used or even what runes and sigils he farmed into the blade. He was not thinking at this point, he was acting, his body forming his holy weapon that was the manifestation of his will and spirit. Knowing that his blade was forged, but unaware of how, he stepped up to the magical gate at the rear of the smithy. The door parted before his sword, and he stepped into what he knew to be the magical tempering room. Instinctively, he knew that the ratio of the elemental forces would affect the blade’s aspects as much as the metal would......

Acknowledgements
I would like to take this time to give thanks to two specific people for contributing majorly to this role-play and future information regarding it. The first it Tarmo (Tarmo of the Dusk on the site) who pretty much gave the description for all of the geography and climate on his own. Given that he asked me a question every now and then during the development, most of it is his work and his alone. So everyone give the man credit for giving us a world to roleplay on! He also came up with the magics, so he did quite a bit. I am especially grateful to him as all that nit-picky geographical things are boring to me, and he took it off my shoulders. Secondly, Aslin helped a lot. As my second helper-monkey (aka co-author), Aslin is working on the design of the maps that we will use to help us get a clear image of direction, land area, and relative location. Also, Aslin supported the idea from the start so I am thankful to her. Both of these people encouraged the idea, let me use their brain bytes to build my own ideas, and contributed, in large amounts, to the role-play itself.
Last edited by Blazingstar on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:00 am, edited 8 times in total.
Image Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?!
It's over NINE THOUSAAAAANNNNDDDDD!!!111oneone1eleven!
55890 characters in this post.
10060 words in this post.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blazingstar
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Narazor OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:19 am

Name: Darriel "Riel" Ekan
Sex: Female
Race: Elven
Kingdom/Birthplace: Northern Kingdom, born in Regailen
Affiliation: Currently a guard of the Northern King.

Appearance:
Riel stands at a small 5’ 3”, she is underweight but her body doesn’t show it. She’s also very strong, but for some reason her body doesn’t show it as well.
Riel’s hair is an orange like color, red strips run through it from the bangs to shoulders. Her hair covers a short brow and black eyes which contain a white pupil. Her lips are a natural black, ivory white fangs rest gently against her lower lip from the top of her mouth.
Around her neck she wears a rune made of yellow Topaz.. She wears a loose black linen tunic, bound by a belt of ragged rope at the waist and wrists. Over the tunic she wears a black leather chest piece, ancient runes elegantly run across the neck protection and chest. The leather is very ancient, dating back to Riel’s Great Grandfather, the leather bindings are newly made from a different leather for the old ones had snapped during a training regiment.
Riel wears shoulder pads made from the same leather as her chest armor, there are two segments to it; The top overlaps the second in an arc, it spans out to 1” from her shoulder; The lower piece is in an arc as well, extending ½” from her shoulder. The pads are bound by light brown leather to the chest piece, the leather straps are new as well.
Riel wears black leather leggings that have plate armor forged onto where the knee caps and shins are, the plate is surprisingly light for its appearance. The plate is held together by leather straps as well, it is flexible as is the leather. The leather seems to be ‘younger’; as if it was made yesterday. But the fact is, the leggings are older than the chest and shoulder pads. A light brown strap of leather snakes its way across Riel’s chest, on the back it holds a blackened quiver with elegant runes running across the opening. In the quiver several black arrows are held, the tips made of bright yellow Topaz. A black bow rests Parallel to the quiver, held by another leather strap. Another belt of leather lays under the belt of rope, it holds onto the black scabbard of an ancient katana.

Personality:
Riel is often a loner, preferring to carry her contracts out without hindrances. From a young age she was trained to have no emotion, for it often interferes with fighting and other every day tasks; a common Tiralo belief. She does show minor emotions such as anger and happiness when it is great; but not that often is she a friendly person.

Equipment:
Riel’s primary weapon is a black bow; this bow was carved from an ancient dead tree by her ancestors. The wood of this tree is blessed by Aer, allowing the bow to have more precision and balance, also adds a corkscrew to the arrow to add more force and accuracy.

Riel’s secondary weapon are throwing needles honed to a razor sharp point. They are often not deadly unless they hit a pressure point.

Riel’s third weapon is a katana made out of a golden metal, but having no chemical similarities to gold itself; the blade has runes crudely etched into the flat sides of the blade. The unique factor of Riel’s katana is that it carries a hand guard made of an elegant silver; and the fact the handle is almost transparent. The handle’s base contains a gem of yellow topaz shaped as a rose petal.
(Armor is obviously, in the appearance.)

Religion: Acknowledges the existence of Alkai, but doesn't think of him as an actual 'god'.
Bio: (Will be told later -_-)
Extra:
Uses the element, Aer, to guide her arrows and to generally make her move quickly.

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazingstar on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:26 am

Alright Tarmo, your character is approved after some tiny things which I already talked with you about. Be sure to role-play out your characters personality and bio however, as you opted to leave those areas rather skeletal. Have fun exploring the world of Narazor when I get the IC up after getting some aplicants. Thank you for participating.

Blazingstar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tess on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:26 am

Name: Tessandra Black
Race: Regais
Kingdom/Birthplace: North Kingdom/Regai'var Kingdom
Affiliation: none yet
Appearance: Image Her clothes in this rp consist of knee length black linen shorts, quite baggy and tattered, and a black kimono top tied with gold ribbon. She wears plain black pumps.
Personality: Fiercely defensive of the weak, well intentioned but often jumps to conclusions. She's quite immature but wise enough to accept when someone is right.
Equipment: Her weapon Purinika, named after the Goddess of Lightning.
Religion: Purinikan (Emphasis on the second 'i', pronounced ee)
Bio: A tree spirit struck by lightning, and frozen in her physical form, Tess abandoned her study of earth magic and became fascinated with the sky. Her study of the heavens, light and lightning led to her stumbling upon information regarding the realm of dreams, and she studies it closely.

Extra: Her weapon Purinika takes three shapes varying on Tess's need and available energy. The most basic form is a crackling lightning whip that can act like an ordinary whip or discharge energy depending. The next is a type of crossbow that fires discs of light for long range attacks, but these two weapons aren't hugely strong and are generally used for distracting someone and getting away quickly. Getting away quickly usually involves flight via the use of the portal gun, the third manifestation of Purinika.

The portal gun allows her to fire portals anywhere in her line of sight, in mid air or on surfaces. The greater the distance between portals, the harder it is. She can fire a portal from where she is to a very distant, unseeable place, but it requires huge energy and usually needs people to contribute. However once it is open anyone can go through. She usually just uses it for quick escapes or to redirect enemy fire, a smart shield.

In a storm Purinika is stronger as it draws on the lightning/light element. Tess stays amongst the forests because she is more likely to be struck by lightning there, which increases her energy.
Last edited by Tess on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a member of DOL (Death to One Liners). If you are a DOLly, please add this to your signature.

So... Your character is amazing and attractive and powerful and interesting? Nice to hear. Prove it.

Tess
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:07 pm

[color=#FF0000][i]Through the Horned-Gods gateways of slumber,
Through the macabre and twisted halls of dream,
Lost amidst the vast corridors of wonder,
The histories of worlds whirl and dance for the sleeping queen,
Her every movement casting time and space asunder.[/i ][/color ]

fixed for ya, Blaze <.<

Just remove the spaces on the brackets.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DangerousMuse on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Name: Ravyn Cer Helios, None
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Kingdom/Birthplace: Southern Kingdom
Affiliation: None (i have to ask you about mine)
Appearance: Standing at 5'8' he has raven black long hair hair with a reddish tint that go to his shoulder and red eyes (no one know why this is that way) he has fair skin from working at his parents little outdoor shop in the main city. He is pretty muscular but not ripped. lets just say he can hold his own weight. he usually wears a black long sleeved shirt with dark black pants. he also wears black shoes and when he works out doors he has on black leather gloves. If he isnt wearing his gloves they are usually hanging out if his back pocket. in the colder weather he has a dark cloak he wears but it is pretty worn seeing as he has had it for many years. he can normally be seen wearing a cloth headband that he uses to keep his hair out of his face.
Personality: He was brought up learnin manners and if he was ever rude his momma would punish him for it but he is also a typical 19 year old.
Equipment: two sai, the local blacksmith made them especially for him because he gave the man food when he had no money. They are one of a kind in every way with a strage design running around the blades. the handle is a black strong leather with a ruby inbedded where the blade and hilt are joined. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gungfu.com/pics_info_pages/weapons-electra-sai.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gungfu.com/pics_info_pages/weapons-electra-sai.htm&h=1050&w=885&sz=169&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=3v_MKjbGtwmSGM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3Delektra%2Bsai%2Bweapon%2Bpictures%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX . he also usually carries around a leather messenger bag that he keeps a leatherbound journal and other various items.
Religion: none. unless it is a god that you said i was aloud to make up
Bio: i dont have a bio now but through out the story his history will pop up
Extra: none
Danger! .... its a way of life

DangerousMuse
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Name: QuanZart [Nickname- Quincy]
Race: Regais
Kingdom/Birthplace: The Regai’var, The Forest Kingdom
Affiliation:
Appearance: Physical Form, Armored Form,
Personality: His actions are fueled by nothing more than on his own guard. As he has watched the destruction rain down on his lands, and his people, he had because cautious about every person nor creature who steps in the boundaries of the Forest Kingdom. More or so, he has that motto that they will all just burn it the ground, and bring waste to their lands. Otherwise, before or so he took on what he was now, he was a very well-known person through ought his Race, always known to be there when times were rough. He likes to help others, and watch things flourish and grow, though soon he took tactics on his own hands and that part of him vanished quickly. Though some say you can find a friend in him, if you can abide his trust, something that has yet to been done. So far, he only trusts his own kind, though, at times, it is hard to even trust them.
Equipment: Wearing a black set of armor, it has several grooves and fold in it, making it harder to pierce through it, having several layers, such as scales. This makes the armor very hard, and very defensive. His helmet fits perfectly over his head, well if he had a head that is, and on the front of his horns, making it hard to grab it head-on and try to remove it. The rest of his armor is almost very sensitive, stating it is almost alive, it has very small, almost microscopic spikes all over the armor, touching it, would almost singe you directly. The bottom half, is more of a robe than Armor, making up for the top half, it is very rugged, and ripped up, seeming very old. Under it, of course, a thin layer of armor, usually most in his mind can’t attack hard enough of the bottom layer, so he doesn’t require much defense, though it is still needed. The only way to sustain a fatal injury, is to his it very straight on, though usually only a sharp point will do that, a bullet would be useless. He also has some very heavy boots, black leathered, and very powerful, keeping his feet safe from the elements. His glove are very rough, able to sustain mass moments of heat and cold, though they are not armored at all, besides the small covered on his forehand., which also has horns keeping them safe from being removed by others. Lastly, is his Sword, very thin handed, but lethal and sharp. It can be moved quickly, and will do what the hand tells It to. Being caught in its path, is something you best not want it to do.
Religion: He doesn’t believe in any know Religion. At this time, he is not known to warship any known gods, though again he is not the one to spark up a conversation either, so who knows. Though at this time, he shows faith and respect to no one but himself, and wouldn’t want it any other way.
Bio: QuanZart was born in the Forest Kingdom of Regai’var, born to the Regais. Being a Spirit by nature, and design, he made himself to be no more than a pure Shadow, or better known to most, a Ghost. After leaving for a few decades, he took the anger pited inside him, taking him many years to harness enough of it he built himself a new “Body.” Using this, he took a very murky form, of a Warrior, such as those as Samurais. Though now his armor is purity, and in creation, it is very much alive like his own form. Under his armor, it is said to be hollow, and empty, not a thing breathing inside, all that is seen is his dark, eerie green eyes. Most have come to ask if this is a being who can bleed, or feel pain, though that is unknown. Right now he hails in a swamp, most have come to even find him to be the Spirit of the Swamps, guarding the creature that live there, and terminating any soul who dares steps within it. Most cases, it is found so far, that every living man nor woman of any race that has ever stepped within one inch of the boundaries, was lost in some sort of fog, and never seen again.
Extra: Strange reports have been focuses on that being a Regai, he can manipulate his form minorly, and create the appearance of wings, they seem to be very broad. Though strangly, they almost appear to be like green, and very thin like, with veins running through them. Some say they have the appearance, or are similar to seaweed. Some say even though they are meant for flying, they can break away in strips, and attack almost likes vines, stretching several feet from his body like whips. Another small gift, rarely ever used from him, except on a whim. He can control the Water, usually he has been seen using this gift to storm of the mass amounts of fog seen in his Swamps. Secondly, he also uses it to move the Water inside trees and vines, using it to his advantage, he can control small aspects of Nature. Going beyond this ability, he can see water in the most unusual places, taking it from trees or any other grass life.
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazingstar on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:12 am

Tess, you are approved. Once more, thank you for your interest in Narazor; I especially enjoyed your enthusiasm in creating a deity to explain your powers. By all means, expand on that all you want! Welcome to Narazor Tess and I hope you enjoy your stay.

On a different note, I seem to have neglected to clarify on what the Regai are. Upon inspection of your profiles, as we have two regai with somewhat conflicting ideas, I have deemed it necessary of adding more information on their race. It will be explained here, as well as posted in the actual ooc.

The Regai are NOT just mist or invisible. They are collections of spiritual or magical energy that have coalesced into a being that can think for itself. They are still born like normal humans are; however, they DO NOT have the ability to be completely invisible. Even in their spirit forms, any human can see them; although they are blurry, fuzzy, and indistinct. They have a vaguely humanoid shape to this but do not completely obey the laws of reality in terms of mass and gravity. Of course, even in spirit forms, they CAN be hurt by ANY weapon or magic approaching them with deadly or harmful intent. This is to reduce god-moding of their race, which I noticed has begun happening. However, these beings in spirit form find it harder to interact with the natural world, due to their forms, and often do take on physical, flesh and blood forms in order to completely interact. They are not wisps on the wind, or some kind of invisible force. They are people, just like everyone else.

I hope this helps explain some things for all you spirit lovers.

ALSO! Lightning has been updated in the main ooc. Please check it out if you are interested in it! It is right beneath the rest of the magic area, and it explains most of what you would need to go on.

Blazingstar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Well I made several changes, seeing as he is a Spirit sort, I gave him control over Water. Since Water is inside Plants, basic control over that well, mostly over vines, and such. But he won't be pushing trees at you, or creating Ice and such. He can take water from trees, and flowers though. Secondly, yes he has to have a real body, and he will, but not yet, I'm keeping that part secret for now, but he will don't worry. :) Hopefully this will make him also seem less weak, fire being such a strong Element, as for his Armor, again he is not as strong as he sounds. Just using a good taste of words and such. :P

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazingstar on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:52 pm

Thank you for making those changes Sikex and understanding and accepting the things that needed to be changed. Your creativity and excelent explanation is noted; I appologize for questioning you as to the strength of your character. However, it is required whether the description is 100% accurate or using words in good taste and detail. I look forward to seeing your character in action! Have fun in Narazor once the IC is up! Thank you for your interest and dedication in making your profile.

Blazingstar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Name: Vulpa
Sex: female
Race: unknown
Kingdom/Birthplace: The Regai’var
Affiliation: unknown
Appearance: Vulpa has two forms, a humanoid form, and her animalistic form. Her animal form was fashioned after a fox, only much bigger. She stand 5' at the shoulder, the tips of her ears at 6'. Her tail is longer than most foxes, and is prehensile (can grasp and carry things, like a monkey's tail). Her colouring is like a normal red fox (red brown fur. darker, almost black, red-brown fur on her legs up to the elbows, and on the tips of her ears. white tipped tail), but in winter it's like an artic fox (all white). In her humanoid form, her skin is coloured like her fur, with the same markings. She also has ears and prehensile tail in this form. She stands at about 5' 6'', the ears reaching 6'.
Personality: Very shy. Kind and nurturing. Not afraid to fight for her life or for territory, if needed.
Equipment: nothing
Religion: Vulpa was a companion of one of the old gods. The god created her, so she follows that god unfailingly, even now, when it's gone.
Bio: One of the old gods created her. After the god returned to the dream realm, she retreated deep into the Forest; Regailen, and never ventures far from there. She hasn't used her humanoid form since the god left, so she's not sure if she can even do so anymore.
Extra: She has some magic, mostly concerning the element of Tarm (Earth). She can make plants grow, and can do minor healing. She also speaks telepathically while in animal form.

Info on the God that made Vulpa, and her creation:

The God K'alir often walked the woods of Regailen, spreading his earthen powers, making the flowers and animals flourish. Where ever he stepped, the grass would grow and flowers would spring up. He loved the flora and the fauna, and wished to make an intelligent companion of one. So he searched far and wide, but could not find a creature intelligent enough among all the critters of the world. He decided to fashion one himself, since one could not be found. He made a creature, fashioned it after the vulpine creatures he favored over the rest for their cunning ways. He called the creature Vulpa, and it was the only one of it's kind. He poured some of his power into the creature, making it capable of earthen magic. When he was finished, he breathed life into it, and watched it frolic among the trees, curious of it's new existence. After a short while he realized that the creature needed a way to communicate, so he granted it the gift of telepathy. They lived in peace in Regailen for a long time, until they encountered some of the humanoid creatures. The humans cowered in fear of Vulpa, and tried to chase her away. He knew this saddened her, so he set about to rectify the problem. He granted Vulpa a new gift. The ability to change to a more humanoid form. With this, he and Vulpa could move among the humans without worry.

A piccie i drew of Vulpa:

http://myththreetails.deviantart.com/ar ... h-92765308
Last edited by Myth on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myth
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazingstar on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Myth, thanks for your intrest here and your effort in actually creating a character linked with a God. I applaud you. Now, be sure to give plenty of description in the roleplay and let your history unfold! Thank you for the picture, it is much better at clarifying your form then an entire essay. Once again, thank you and I am putting K'alir in the gods section.

Blazingstar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:46 am

I posted a Physical Form for my character, and fixed a small thing in my Bio. As you see, my character is more of an Innocent seventeen year old or so in appearance boy, who is just angry. His Armor came from anger, and was built from hatred, in which he built agianst others. :p

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:10 am

Name: Ariath Thgil Anor krad (simply called Aria)
Sex: Female (yes yes XX)
Race: Valkyrian

Kingdom/Birthplace: Born in Fralii where the Northern Kingdom lies
Affiliation: Silver Wolf

Appearance: With a height of 6 ‘’4, Aria stands tall and has a very well toned body that is a result of the work she does. Aria can be described as beautiful although her face has very sharp planes. Almond shaped eyes, coloured silver, rest on an oval face that is pale just as the rest of her body is. Her silver hair with highlights of white is braided down her back with some fringe falling across her forehead that is adorned with a simple silver chain that has a gold pendant at the tip.

Her attire is a simple garment that was made for the ease of movement. Crafted out of cotton, the attire is fashioned to fit Aria perfectly. The top is white and long sleeved, wrapping around her knuckles. On top of this, is a black vest that buttons at the center with a high collar. Around her hip is a black leather belt that holds her weapons. On the bottom, is a white pant that is tucked into knee high black boots.

On her right wrist is a birth mark that is oddly shaped like a phoenix. Her wings are an indication of her race on top of the silver eyes. Most of the time, Aria prefers not to use her wings.

Personality: Quiet, Aria is a loner who does everything on her own. She can come of as cold due to the way she behaves around people. But she does have a weak spot for children.

Equipment: Stretching from her wrists to her elbows are two black bands that have detailed inscriptions on them. Forged by the dwarves themselves, they act as two small shields. However, they can not only be used to defend, but to attack as well. Hidden within both bands are small sharp blades that Aira has used numerous times.
The longsword she carries with her is very important to Aria. It is the last thing she has of her brother who disappeared without a trace six years ago. The weapon is a symbol of the Brotherhood that exists in Narazor. Light and beautifully crafted, the sword is very useful in battles. The hilt is designed with the emblem of the Brotherhood; a wolf.

Aria also the ability to manipulate wind to a certain extent. She is able to create a shift in the speed of the winds and can form small tornados. However, after using that particular ability, she becomes weak for a short period of time.

Religion: The Brotherhood believes in the Goddess Ecea and her twin God Erath. Although both were twins, each one believed in different values. Ecea preached peace while Erath valued war. Both thought their own believes were better and were constantly arguing about who was right. Soon, both started two Brotherhoods on the continent. One followed the ways of Ecea while the other followed that of Erath. There were constant battles between the two factions. However as Ecea and Erath returned to the Dream Realm, the two Brotherhoods were merged by one man who believed that both war and peace were a way of life for any species.
The new Brotherhood was called the Silver Wolf and served to spread peace in all races as well as aid in the time of war. (think United Nations) But there is a legend that every few hundred years, twins are born to a member of the Silver Wolf and they may possess a small amount of the abilities of Ecea and Erath

Bio: (I’ll update this as the story unfolds)

Aslin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowPhoenix0307 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:31 pm

Name: Maxine Bishop
Race: Valkyrian
Kingdom/Birthplace: The Regai’var, The Forest Kingdom
Affiliation: Traveller
Appearance: Max generally fits the typical Valkyrian description but refuses to hide her wings for see feels it is shameful to hide what she really is. She is very tall, just over six feet and has a very athletic build. Her hair is a bright pure white color, as are her wings and eyes. Her hair usually falls to just her mid-back but to keep it out of her way she ties it off in a messy bun just above the nape of her neck. Since Max is a traveller, she is normally wearing lightweight clothing, keeping her arms and most of her legs exposed to make flight easier for her. On her back is a nice leather pack that holds supplies, a light blanket and a jacket that she can wear if she shrinks her wings if it ever gets to cold. Finally, strong across her back as well is a sheath to what appears like of one sword, when really it’s ‘one’ blade that can be turned into two with a twist of her wrists. Finally, there is a long ‘S’ shaped scar going all the way down the middle of her back. On her fair skin the scar stands out since it is a bright angry pink/red color.
Personality: Max likes to keep to herself and will not give someone her trust or respect unless it is earned. She has a quick wit and a tongue that can cut just as deep as any sword. Also, she feels lying is a useless skill and refuses to do it herself. She will be blunt and honest and tells you exactly what you think and if you are asking something she doesn’t want to share she’ll let you know quickly. Also, a small motto of hers is “Life’s a bitch. Bitch back.”
Equipment: Despite the clothing on her back and her pack of supplies, Max has a dual sword that can connect together and be used as one sword and come apart and become two individual blades. Apart from that she is a weapon in herself and practices in the magic art of fire and CAN play with shadow but she does what she can to avoid playing with that power she holds.
Religion: None
Bio: Maxine Bishop was born to a family of Valkyrian’s in hiding in the Forest Kingdom. Both of her parents were young and she herself was an accident. For years she grew up in hiding, trying to live life like a human; like her parents. Then at the age of 11 she refused to hide what she was. Sick of making her hair look brown and dirty, keeping her eyes cast to the ground to hide her eyes as well. For that act she was at first treated like a God almost. Then, when she turned 16 her parents were both found dead when she returned home one day. Inside the man, the Mammalian that killed them turned on her. In the end, Max escaped but barely with her life. She flew away with blood pouring from the cut on her back. Only an hour later she crash landed where an old elf found her and nursed her back to health. She never did learn his name, but he told her that she should never hide what she really is, and she should never be hunted for what she was. In rebuttal, she learned how to fight to hunt those hunting her and others of her kind.
Extra: None. Sorry.

ShadowPhoenix0307
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazingstar on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:59 pm

Alright Aslin, Shadowphoenix, welcome to the roleplay as our first Valkyrians! It is great that someone has taken an interest in that race rather than continuing the string of Regai! Both of you did a wonderful job, so you are both approved and can behin posting immediately when the IC is posted up, which will be soon.

I appologize for my slow activity recently (Issues on the site...couldn't realize that refreshing cured the error messages); however, it was due to some real life/online issues that kind of killed my desire to write much. Anyways, I will likely be posting my own character today so that we may begin the IC, I thank you all for your patience.

Blazingstar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowPhoenix0307 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Hey thanks. :) I'm surprised that no one else as chosen that race. It's very different and I enjoy how they stand out. Not to mention is preffer beings with wings XD One of my favorite characters I use is an avian except she's called Phoenix for obvious reasons.

Anyway, thanks for haveing me join. If I'm not online much it's because I'm reading Breaking Dawn XD. I'm on vacation and the book is sitting at my house and we're going home tonight and I really want to read it so it'll take me not to long to finish, but over that time don't expect to see to much of me. Lol

ShadowPhoenix0307
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:01 pm

Oh man...EPIC. This is EPIC. Your first post is formidable, good sir!

Name: Ike Russel

Race: Human

Kingdom/Birthplace: The Regai’var

Affiliation: Wanderer

Appearance:

Personality: Calm and reserved

Equipment: A Broadsword. The blade is four inches wide, three feet long, and quite sharp. The hilt is a simple steel crosspiece, and the grip is wrapped in leather. It is sheathed in a plain, unadorned, black leather scabbard.

A Composite bow. Made of maple and backed with horn, it is fashioned in the re-curve style for added power with shorter pull, and the grip is leather. The quiver is plain and made of hardened leather, while the arrows are made of various woods, and the flights are white swan feathers.

A Quarterstaff. Exactly six feet long, it is made of oak, and is smooth and polished. The whirls and lines of the wood's grain can be clearly seen.

His attire consists of a rugged tan linen shirt, brown trousers, black leather boots, and a well worn, grey traveler's cloak with hood. He wears no armor, for such things as armor are simply too heavy to wear when traveling.

Religion: He's not particularly religious, but that doesn't mean he isn't respectful of the gods.

Bio: N/A

Extra: N/A
Last edited by Surreal on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surreal
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazingstar on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Suureal, I appreciate your interest and thanks for the compliment. Of course, your biography needs a bit of "oomph" to it. For starters, REALLY describe those weapons, lengths, widths, materials, hilt ,pommel, etc. Weapons are kind of an extension of yourself so be detailed as much as you can! Also, if you include a biography I would appreciate some effort in it. I mean, if you choose to fill out that section, add a bit of meat to it. You can leave it blank if you want to.

Once again, I appologize for not being active, I was at my dad's house and all. I will post my character ASAP! Hopefully tonight!

Blazingstar
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:24 pm

Oomph? You want OOMPH?!!
OOMPH

lol

Okay, I guess my weps could use a little more info, but there's not much to say about them. I don't really like ornate weaponry, preferring more practical, plain weapons. But yeah, I'll fix that.

About the biography, Ike is average. There's nothing particularly notable in his history to tell about. No amazing achievements, no horrifying traumatic abuse, he just grew up boring and ordinary. :D

Surreal
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!